Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Season 3 premieres in June

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After episode 8 I am convinced it's 100% Shim Su Ryeon, even Joo Dan Tae said that she was acting weird 2 years ago ignoring his calls etc. I mean Na Ae Gyo wouldn't do that especially if she is on go

Here's my theory about the relationship between NAG, JDT, and SSR.    NAG and JDT knew each other since childhood. When they became adults, they discovered that NAG looked like SSR. They too

Honestly, the melodramatics of both Rona and her mother are too much. They bring their troubles on themselves.   Rona, give up classical and go audition at a kpop agency. At least you will l

9 minutes ago, Songbae said:
49 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Abusive Father and ignorant mother.

Oh. I’m sorry that happened to you, I hope you’re doing well now. :7555_attack:

Hey Penthouse residents, look at this tweet for an explanation for Rona’s return.

• Like 2

Yeah, I was pretty puzzled by Rona's return. I guess it's the only way she can be part of the show, so that makes sense. But it doesn't make sense for the character. Are there no music schools in the U.S.? If she's such a good singer, why not go to Juilliard or something?

I would love for Jenny's mom to punish all those mean kids bullying her daughter!

This is the actress playing Jenny's mom (Shin Eun-Kyung) who starred in My Wife is a Gangster (movie):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRumfsqCJSATig4XPYaQ8

• Like 4

I just finished watching ep 3 and ................

Rona is dumb. This has to be a plan between her and Logan lee because what the heck. No one can be that dumb . I don't think that she went back for seokhoon.

I don't know what eunbyul sees in seokhoon. I mean yes he is tall, hot, sexy and attractive but still he is a man. If he was a woman then yes i would be all over that. 

Where is the character development for jenny?

Minhyuk is just a spoilt brat like his father.

I don't think that yoonchul ever loved seojin. They were married and she cheated. She betrayed him and no one likes betrayal even if you don't love the person it still sucks. I think that he has always loved oh yoon hee but his greed was greater than his love for her.

I feel sorry for Seojin. I haven't finished season one and i don't ever plan on finishing it because i hated the ending but from what i have watched. SJ grew up in an abusive home. Abuse doesn't have to be physical. She is like that because of her father and she is passing it on to her daughter. Coming from someone that lived in an abusive home the behavior passes on to you. It might not be the same but it is there. SJ is unstable and needs therapy and Joo dantae is going to use that to his advantage.

The twins were annoying in this episode. 

This show is draining 

• Like 5

Rona seriously ruins everything. I never hated her more than I did than when she was ruining her mom's perfectly good revenge in episode 3. She can't even stop those kids framing her for bullying, what makes her think she can handle anything? She is a pest, Eunbyul and Seokyung are right about that!

• Like 4
6 hours ago, chococarmela said:

You can make likable villains too. There are many k-dramas with memorable, loved characters who were villains. OYH is a villain, but she’s also more of an anti-hero (to me. If she can fully redeem herself, but since Rona is set to die, things are gonna get way worse.)

Agreed. It's not just about being relatable, it's about understanding their motive. The writer makes some of their motives unclear to the point where it just frustrates you. She made CSJ and OYH commiting adultress which ticks me off, it's overused, or else, I would find CSJ likeable. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Secretz said:

The writer makes some of their motives unclear to the point where it just frustrates you. She made CSJ and OYH commiting adultress which ticks me off, it's overused, or else, I would find CSJ likeable. 

Exactly. Villains have motives and they want the good guys to fail so that they can achieve their goals.

CSJ was pretty much set to be the villain based on the poster alone. OYH was gonna become a villain or be an anti-hero, but obviously the former happened.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

people on Twitter are really saying "be thankful, Rona! Your murderess of a mom got where you are!"

What?!?!? Rona didn't choose to be a child of a murderer. Smh. 

Rona returning to Cheong A High School is just like re-entering the lion's den. After what she has been through in S1, I'm worried about her.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Secretz said:

What?!?!? Rona didn't choose to be a child of a murderer. Smh. 

Exactly, and people expect her to be overjoyed that her mom killed Seol-Ah? Didn't they feel soooo bad for her just last season?

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Secretz said:

I should've known that I shouldn't trust HYC. NEVER EVER. That moment he chose CSJ, that's it. I can't believe I see hope in Yoon Yoon.

HYC did that to rile JDT. The timing was too obvious plus he knows JDT will not tolerate that. It happened once abroad and H was beaten almost to death. We just didn't see who saved him from being fish food. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I reread synopses of season 1 and I cannot find a GENUINE reason for people to hate her other than the fact that she's impulsive, rash, quite emotional, and doesn't have a great relationship with her mother (who actually seems to be a little crazy. I think Yoon-Hee killed her ex-husband, I don't know though. It's possible) which is actually... pretty normal. Plenty of people like that. She's one of the most realistic characters on the show, if I'm being honest.

Wait, OYH killed her ex-husband? No way! I remembered an episode she said that her ex-husband died because alcoholism right? 

5 minutes ago, kimdaehwi said:

OYH killed her ex-husband? No way! I remembered an episode she said that her ex-husband died because alcoholism right? 

No! That’s just a theory I had. I believe that YH killed more people and is not as innocent or guilty as she seems.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

I just don't care about her. I wish she had stayed in the US. She is a pest who is ruining the fun her mom was having messing with CSJ.

I agree with your sentiment of wanting her to just stay abroad and have a happy life there. 

Because the moment she returned and back to ignoring her mom again, I was miffed that YH's revenge is going off course when she's just barely started. 

I wouldn't have minded if she came back smarter. Instead, she's immediately framed for a simple accident. I hope she would do something about the bullying since she is so determined to return there. 

And I'm not holding my breath that Jennie would change her stance. She sympathized with R and was bullied by the gang. She would try to be part of the gang again after experiencing being bullied. 

I guess the writer succeeds in making all of her characters unlikable despite their emotional baggage. 

• Like 4

“The Penthouse 2” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

SBS’s “The Penthouse 2” already has viewers hooked!

On February 26, the smash hit drama successfully continued its streak of gaining viewers with each new episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the third episode of “The Penthouse 2” scored average nationwide ratings of 18.9 percent and 22.3 percent for its two parts, marking a new all-time high for the second season.

“The Penthouse 2” also broke into the double digits among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 10.1 percent.

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Beyond Evil” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.3 percent for its third episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456636wpp/the-penthouse-2-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The Penthouse” Stars Kim Young Dae And Kim Hyun Soo Show Off Their Chemistry In New Couple Pictorial

Even outside of their hit drama “The Penthouse,” Kim Young Dae and Kim Hyun Soo’s chemistry is undeniable!

The two co-stars, who are currently playing each other’s on-screen love interests in SBS’s “The Penthouse 2,” posed together for a colorful couple pictorial for the March issue of Cosmopolitan magazine.

Kim-Young-Dae-Kim-Hyun-Soo.jpg

During the post-shoot interview, Kim Hyun Soo remarked, “I debuted as a child actress, and while playing many different kinds of roles up until now, I find that I experience a new feeling every time [I play a new role]. It was fun to show a new and different side of myself from what I’ve shown in the past.”

Meanwhile, Kim Young Dae expressed excitement about their pictorial, commenting, “By showing a new side of myself, I felt like I was revealing one part of my youth, and I’m grateful for that. It was a pictorial that showed the free spirit within me.”

Spoiler

Kim-Young-Dae1.jpgKim-Hyun-Soo.jpgKim-Young-Dae-21.jpgKim-Hyun-Soo-2.jpgKim-Hyun-Soo-Kim-Young-Dae-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1456660wpp/the-penthouse-stars-kim-young-dae-and-kim-hyun-soo-show-off-their-chemistry-in-new-couple-pictorial

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay so Rona only went back to korea to win the trophy for Min seola and she is blaming herself for min seola's death.

I feel sorry for jenny they really bullied her. Mari has nothing to lose she is a dangerous enemy. 

My head is all over the place because this is how people actually live in real life. I have so many thoughts and i think that jenny is going to be the one to die.

I don't think that is jenny now it seems like it is going to be seokyung. She is too bold and impulsive. You don't threaten someone like that.

I don't know why people want SJ and YH to work together. 

• Like 5

EHH, feels like my intial prediction somewhere in this thread that Seo Kyung will die might come true lol 

Jenny dying won't make much of a difference and Eun Byeol still has more to unleash so doesn't feel like it will be her.  Dantae was the first to see the dead body and it doesn't make sense to me that he would run for Rona or EB tbh

I feel like the death will happen in the next 2 episodes which starts off the new mystery and Logan Lee and Lee Jia Ah's character return in full force in the second half. This fits with them saying Lee Jia Ah will be playing a new character.

Right now, Seo Kyung is playing such a dangerous game. Her brother isn't protecting her like before nor he is in her confidence. If he knew that she was blackmailing Seo Jin, he would at the very least play it smarter AND it's more safer because Seo Jin can't kill them both because too suspicious. And I do think SJ is capable of killing Seo  Kyung because after you have killed once, it becomes easier. There's only one real way to silence a blackmailer for good. Unlike Eun Byeol who still loves and needs her mother, SK doesn't have those scruples

Unfortunately, I think that's the start of darkness for Seok Hoon. He's been turning over a new leaf away from his dad's shadow but I think the loss of his twin will affect him much more deeply. Dantae won't give a RickRoll'D because he didn't really care about the twins. He gives off vibes like "my heir and spare". As long as he still has seok hoon as his heir, what's the loss of a spare after all

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

EHH, feels like my intial prediction somewhere in this thread that Seo Kyung will die might come true lol 

Jenny dying won't make much of a difference and Eun Byeol still has more to unleash so doesn't feel like it will be her.  Dantae was the first to see the dead body and it doesn't make sense to me that he would run for Rona or EB tbh

I feel like the death will happen in the next 2 episodes which starts off the new mystery and Logan Lee and Lee Jia Ah's character return in full force in the second half. This fits with them saying Lee Jia Ah will be playing a new character.

Right now, Seo Kyung is playing such a dangerous game. Her brother isn't protecting her like before nor he is in her confidence. If he knew that she was blackmailing Seo Jin, he would at the very least play it smarter AND it's more safer because Seo Jin can't kill them both because too suspicious. And I do think SJ is capable of killing Seo  Kyung because after you have killed once, it becomes easier. There's only one real way to silence a blackmailer for good. Unlike Eun Byeol who still loves and needs her mother, SK doesn't have those scruples

Unfortunately, I think that's the start of darkness for Seok Hoon. He's been turning over a new leaf away from his dad's shadow but I think the loss of his twin will affect him much more deeply. Dantae won't give a RickRoll'D because he didn't really care about the twins. He gives off vibes like "my heir and spare". As long as he still has seok hoon as his heir, what's the loss of a spare after all

Also SJ can make it seem like YH or Mari killed SK because Dantae doesn't know that SJ killed her father so there is no reason why she would kill SK

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Season 3 premieres in June