[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

On 2/23/2021 at 11:23 PM, zhangrain said:

Yes, same here. Although the acting is so good, I just feel something is lacking here. Like, you don't have the character you root for and watch their journey/ development through the drama.

Yes...enjoy watching CSJ yelling and screaming. Big eye balls, moving her cheek bone with her mouth and lip tilted one-side. Grinding her teeth and tighten her neck skin. I noticed, out of 10 appearance, 9 times she does all that. By the time when 'PENTHOUSE' ended, CSJ will proclivity it. Lee Sang-woo and your parent, beware !!!!!:fear:

• LOL 1

I’m going to say what is on my mind about episode 2:

Spoiler

1. >Episode 2 is a huge disappointment, not only that Rona came back, but she had an issue with her mother like season 1 and now she kneeled infront of Seojin again like RickRoll'D gurl get out of there before you get killed. She doesn’t listen to her mother again omg i can’t with these kids<

2. >I was very glad that Yoonhee had an advantage over Seojin due to that shadow singer concert thingy but now Seojin gets an upper hand because Rona came back, urghhh<

3. >Seokhoon and Eunbyeol were riding motorcycles together and they talked about sth. The best part is he rejected her from holding hand<

4. >Jenny getting bullied and when Rona came back, she still sided with the bullies and made Rona the one who cause Minhyuk’s broken hand when she didn’t even do anything. Also Minhyuk’s parents blame on Yoonhee omg I can’t with these parents. Jenny’s character development also went down after all these<

5. >So you tell me Dr Ha still has feeling for Seojin?? Why would you pretend then? Yoon-Yoon couple is cancel y’all. He even went to Seojin’s bathroom and kissed her like a husband just came from military after serving for 10 years tbh<

6. >One thing I am annoyed the most is why Seokhoon still listen to his twin. Omg he was willing to help Rona but suddenly stopped because of Seokkyung? I love Seokkyung acting but her character is so messed up. Sorry, I don’t like her at all<

Tbh, our Yoon-Yoon couple is still dumb, they can’t do a simple task and not thinking ahead. I can’t believe I was rooting for them. Can’t wait for Shim Suryeon return and Logan Lee full sketch plan coz rn the writer managed to give him at least one scene every episodes if not, imma throw hands lol

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, kimdaehwi said:

I’m going to say what is on my mind about episode 2:

Hide contents

1. >Episode 2 is a huge disappointment, not only that Rona came back, but she had an issue with her mother like season 1 and now she kneeled infront of Seojin again like RickRoll'D gurl get out of there before you get killed. She doesn’t listen to her mother again omg i can’t with these kids<

2. >I was very glad that Yoonhee had an advantage over Seojin due to that shadow singer concert thingy but now Seojin gets an upper hand because Rona came back, urghhh<

3. >Seokhoon and Eunbyeol were riding motorcycles together and they talked about sth. The best part is he rejected her from holding hand<

4. >Jenny getting bullied and when Rona came back, she still sided with the bullies and made Rona the one who cause Minhyuk’s broken hand when she didn’t even do anything. Also Minhyuk’s parents blame on Yoonhee omg I can’t with these parents. Jenny’s character development also went down after all these<

5. >So you tell me Dr Ha still has feeling for Seojin?? Why would you pretend then? Yoon-Yoon couple is cancel y’all. He even went to Seojin’s bathroom and kissed her like a husband just came from military after serving for 10 years tbh<

6. >One thing I am annoyed the most is why Seokhoon still listen to his twin. Omg he was willing to help Rona but suddenly stopped because of Seokkyung? I love Seokkyung acting but her character is so messed up. Sorry, I don’t like her at all<

Tbh, our Yoon-Yoon couple is still dumb, they can’t do a simple task and not thinking ahead. I can’t believe I was rooting for them. Can’t wait for Shim Suryeon return and Logan Lee full sketch plan coz rn the writer managed to give him at least one scene every episodes if not, imma throw hands lol

Ok, all the development we saw and hoped to see in the first two episodes got wrekkt by EP3 and Ro Na's return. Though I did like Ro Na x Seok Hun, he just doesn't deserve her, and though I do see his potential to protect Ro Na, she really shouldn't use him as a shield, you never know when he'll betray her.

I really don't know what made her return to Cheong A, she has been living a successful life back in the US, and could have basically continued doing so, all the while her mother could power-play patricidal diva haaard. There definitely was some communication back in the US, and (forgive me this might be wrong since raw and twitter was all I had as of the moment I wrote this) there was indeed some communication we had wished to see, but it just seemed to fly out of the window the moment we have the similar constellation as Season 1. WHY the relapse? I do not want to see a bright girl like Ro Na suffer again. She has had enough, and she could have just gone on living her life even better than those Junior Hera trash.

For this episode, I am disappointed with Seok Hun. It's been two years, pretty sure Yun Hee is innocent, and Seok Hun still won't protect Ro Na. Watching her with silent tears and heartbreak from afar won't make you more worthy of her love, Mr.-watch-from-the-sidelines.

Oh, and I am disappointed with Jenny as well. If she was in fact brave enough to stand against the Hera trash back in EP1, why can't she in EP3? What exactly is going on in her head that she is being so submissive, not defending Ro Na again?

Edited by Aolian
Added the last paragraph about Jenny.
  • Like 4

To be honest I'm watching this for the ott theatrics but really miss Suryeon and Logan. They really are the ones with the smarts. Sigh. 

What's with Rona, is she so naive? Haven't she learned enough from the abuse she experienced in the past. She may want to succeed in Korea as well, but she could arm herself with some smarts and try not to framed every time. 

She has no real friends. And even more upsetting is she chose to go to the person her mother hated the most... She's totally disrupted her mom's revenge plan. Sigh again. 

It was so fun to watch episode two and see SJ lose her precious voice. Just when I thought they're getting the upper hand Rona has to return and be the victim again. I hope I am wrong but from what I saw from the preview the group is staging something close to Carrie. Where is Logan when needed? 

I'm curious if Logan'scenes were cut due to the actor's personal scandal? 

I am curious about SYJ's housekeeper, she wasn't in season one. Could she be Suryeon's mole? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

eally miss Suryeon and Logan

Someone please tell me what type of hold these 2 have on the viewers. Lmao.

Rona has to return and play the victim again

She’s not playing the victim, she is the victim. But she shouldn’t have come back though. I was hoping she’d get revenge on the Hera Kids.

Could she be Suryeon's mole? 

Perhaps Sooryun’s old friend.

• Like 2

I cannot understand Rona's motive and reason for wanting to return to Cheong A High School. If you're disgusted by your mother, then stay away from her as much as possible by staying in America. WHAT IS THE POINT OF RETURNING?!?!?!? I seriously don't know why the writer had to find a weak reason, which doesn't make absolute sense, just so Rona can be in the chaos, again. The fact that she kneeled in front of CSJ? I'm confused. 

I also do not understand why SH had to ride a motorbike with EB. I THOUGHT HE COULDN'T FORGET ABOUT RONA?!?!? He's not threatened to do it or anything so WHY? And siding with your sister?!?!?!? WTH?

I should've known that I shouldn't trust HYC. NEVER EVER. That moment he chose CSJ, that's it. I can't believe I see hope in Yoon Yoon. WE'RE JUST THREE EPISODES IN AND YOU'RE KISSING MORE THAN JDT. 

Ok, so now we see OYH feeling guilty in episode 3. I think it would be a lot better if that scene was shown in episode 1, because a lot of us thought OYH pretended it didn't happen. But yeah, she said she will turn herself in after taking revenge. OYH is still being herself, I don't think her scaring CSJ is the smartest decision? I just don't see how this will benefit her in the long run. 

This episode is making me question why am I watching this show in the first place. The first 2 episodes were so strong! Episode 3 was really disappointing. Queen SSR please return ASAP I don't know how long I can keep up with this clownery. 

• Like 3

On 2/25/2021 at 11:24 AM, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

Did anyone notice that in season 2 episode 2 around 25:08, when seo jin was talking to Yoon chul, Yoon Hee took Seojin’s phone from her bag and was texting something on the phone before returning Seojin’s bag?? What did she type? Or she sent something to herself?

Good eye. We find out that's how Oh Yoon Hee knew about Cheon Seo-Jin's vocal problems. She downloaded her voice mails. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Secretz said:

I cannot understand Rona's motive and reason for wanting to return to Cheong A High School. 

That was so stupid to me. 

Good luck surviving that flight of stairs and that trophy in your head, you chose that, I guess. 

That’s very mean. No one chooses to die. Don’t treat like she’s a villain.

should've known that I shouldn't trust HYC. NEVER EVER. That moment he chose CSJ, that's it

This could’ve been planned. No way he’s serious about this, and it seemed way too coincidental. 

Ok, so now we see OYH feeling guilty in episode 3. I think it would be a lot better if that scene was shown in episode 1, because a lot of us thought OYH pretended it didn't happen. But yeah, she said she will turn herself in after taking revenge. OYH is still being herself,

I think she’s matured a bit- or a lot. This episode sounds and seems messy... 

Queen SSR please return ASAP I don't know how long I can keep up with this clownery. 

Let her gooooo, let her gooooo! She ain’t coming back anymoreeeee! Let her go, let her go, cuz Mrs. Joo is gooooneeee! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, htk9207 said:

He wouldn't have been in the press conference if that was the issue. I get why he is showing his face because to joo dantae and seojin he can't leave the house and they don't know who is backing yoonhee and yooncheol so it will be hard for them to get rid of the yoonyoon couple.

If you guys really want to enjoy this season you need to get over suryeon's death. I don't know how people can get so attached to a character. Also Rona couldn't have returned to korea without logan knowing and he promised to protect. He wouldn't send her to the lion's den for no reason. 

Yoonhee threatening seojin is working because SJ's only weakness is Oh yoon Hee. She doesn't even care about her daughter like that. 

I don't know what you guys want seokhoon to do. He is only talking to eunbyeol because he doesn't want his father to marry her mother. Was he supposed to jump for joy when he saw rona.

No matter how dumb Rona is wishing death for her is wrong. I hope she doesn't die.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

22 minutes ago, Songbae said:

If you guys really want to enjoy this season you need to get over suryeon's death. I don't know how people can get so attached to a character.

There is nothing wrong with fans creating speculation and theories about her return. Lee Ji Ah was at the Season 2 script reading, and SBS is trying really hard not to spoil who she is playing or if she is really returning. Why not confirm or deny that Shim SuRyeon isn't coming back? It's because there is a legit possibility that she might return.    

I personally believe that we'll see more of him once Lee Ji Ah returns

I am curious about SYJ's housekeeper, she wasn't in season one. Could she be Suryeon's mole? 

Again, I think that maid/tutor is going to be more important once Lee Ji Ah returns.

• Like 3

I need y'all to answer a question for me. I'm a bit confused as to what Bae Rona was doing in the last two years. In the first episode of Season 2, we see that she was working part-time jobs to support herself, went to a different high school and that Jenny was leaving her food at a location. Many of you guys are saying that Rona was in the states with Logan, when did she go to the States? How do y'all know that she was with Logan Lee? After her mother returned and handed herself over to the police and was afterwards released, did her mom send her off to Logan?

The confusion is real.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Secretz said:

I cannot understand Rona's motive and reason for wanting to return to Cheong A High School. If you're disgusted by your mother, then stay away from her as much as possible by staying in America. WHAT IS THE POINT OF RETURNING?!?!?!? Good luck surviving that flight of stairs and that trophy in your head, you chose that, I guess. I seriously don't know why the writer had to find a weak reason, which doesn't make absolute sense, just so Rona can be in the chaos, again. The fact that she kneeled in front of CSJ? I'm confused. 

I'm curious as well. What pushed her to return to Korea? She's having a good life in the US with the prizes and is well on her way to secure herself a place from where she can exact revenge against those snobby rich kids. For someone who has managed to escape the social murder for two years and know the value of family etc. etc., I am expecting a bit more intelligence, but would still like to give her the benefit of doubt.

And I do hope she survives the flight of stairs if she was indeed the one who fell down and got the trophy stuck in her head, and moves on from everything that is holding her back there in Cheong A High.

Ok, so now we see OYH feeling guilty in episode 3. I think it would be a lot better if that scene was shown in episode 1, because a lot of us thought OYH pretended it didn't happen. But yeah, she said she will turn herself in after taking revenge.

I guess we have been seeing Yun Hee in association with psychopath, patricidal diva or Dr. Ha (ally but might not want to lower her guard completely) and I guess she didn't feel safe enough to let her guard down - that would be my assessment from what I have seen. I mean, she has a clear goal to work towards and a clear plan (at least until RN came back), so she needs to keep up her poker face - and can't really let her regret show in front of those vile snakes who aim to remove her at earliest chance possible.

I should've known that I shouldn't trust HYC. NEVER EVER. That moment he chose CSJ, that's it. I can't believe I see hope in Yoon Yoon. WE'RE JUST THREE EPISODES IN AND YOU'RE KISSING MORE THAN JDT. 

I am not quite sure what happened there but I am not liking the development. If that is only a means to sow discord between patricidal diva and psychopath, then I can somehow defend his actions, but overall, this was a bad move by Dr. Ha.

I also do not understand why SH had to ride a motorbike with EB. I THOUGHT HE COULDN'T FORGET ABOUT RONA?!?!? He's not threatened to do it or anything so WHY? And siding with your sister?!?!?!? WTH?

I can somehow justify him using Eun Byeol to break up their parents' marriage etc. etc. but Seok Hun just lost his right to stand beside Ro Na by not protecting her when he was presented with the chance. 

For all Ro Na has suffered through, I wish she'd get herself a good support system (be it through a friend, a group of friends, or hell, even a love interest), fulfil the promise of taking the Cheong A Arts Festival trophy, either leave Korea or cut ties with the poisonous load, leave the past behind and move on towards being a successful soprano by herself.

If Ro Na did die, that would also serve the purpose of leaving Seok Hun with crippling regret for not stepping up when he had the chance (similar to, but even worse than Su Ryeon's situation immediately after Seol A's death in this case - too late to protect the one that mattered and left alone in a cage of venomous snakes)

6 minutes ago, Mina Rose said:

I need y'all to answer a question for me. I'm a bit confused as to what Bae Rona was doing in the last two years. In the first episode of Season 2, we see that she was working part-time jobs to support herself, went to a different high school and that Jenny was leaving her food at a location. Many of you guys are saying that Rona was in the states with Logan, when did she go to the States? How do y'all know that she was with Logan Lee? After her mother returned and handed herself over to the police and was afterwards released, did her mom send her off to Logan?

The confusion is real.

Yun Hee was acquitted three months before the engagement party between psychopath and patricidal diva. That was due to the death of the housekeeper (mid-ep 1). In these three months, Yun Hee prbly took her daughter and went to the US, then met Dr. Ha somehow ( I dunno what happened there) and returned to Korea WITHOUT Ro Na. (That is until Ro Na came back by herself.)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mina Rose said:

The confusion is real.

From what I can follow she was under the watch of JDT's maid for at least a year. That is until the maid committed suicide and all the charges against OYH were dropped. She and Rona then went to the States together. OHY came back to Korea "married" to HJY and moved into the Hera Palace. Rona came back later without her mother from even knowing. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kboramint said:

There is nothing wrong with fans creating speculation and theories about her return. Lee Ji Ah was at the Season 2 script reading, and SBS is trying really hard not to spoil who she is playing or if she is really returning. Why not confirm or deny that Shim SuRyeon isn't coming back? It's because there is a legit possibility that she might return.

I have nothing against speculations and i don't really care if suryeon returns or not. I don't think that she is dead but i am still going to watch the show even if she actually died. There are people saying that the show is boring without her and it isn't fair to the cast

• Like 2

Rona returning to Cheong A High is so dumb. Not just because of the bullying, but if you want to be a singer, get into a top college, don't go to a school controlled by someone hellbent on keeping that from happening, someone with the power to keep it from happening.

I have nothing against speculations and i don't really care if suryeon returns or not. I don't think that she is dead but i am still going to watch the show even if she actually died. There are people saying that the show is boring without her and it isn't fair to the cast

I don't see how it is unfair to the cast. It's just an opinion. People can love and hate certain characters or certain plot developments. It's just a show. The drama is getting high ratings and tons of attention regardless.

• Like 3