[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

2 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

Quite sad that Ji Ah didn't appear and not enough Logan Lee! 

I have a feeling Ji Ah is going to have the same introduction as Park Eun-Seok did in Season 1. She's going to be introduced as someone else, the writers will insist that she's someone else but the big reveal by the end of this season is that she's really Shim Su-Ryeon.

Also, I think they won't reveal who fell down the stairs at least until Episodes 3-4. Some might think that Rona is the one that fell and that could be true.  

So, Cheon Seo-Jin cheats on Ha Yoon-Cheol with Joo Dan-Tae but then cheats on Joo Dan-Tae with Ha Yoon-Cheol. Would this be a full circle? LOL. If she continues on meeting Ha Yoon-Cheol, wouldn't that hurt Oh Yoon-Hee? Unless this all part of the plan. In other news, Rona and Eun-Byeol are technically step sisters.

Also, that maid is a real psycho. She was the one that threatened Cheon Seo-Jin but the teasers made us believe that it was Oh Yoon-Hee. 

1 hour ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

How did Oh Yoon Hee get out of prison? All the evidence pointed to her. I still think she should pay for killing Seol Ah. But at the same time I feel bad for her. I am so conflicted when it comes to YH.

After the maid committed suicide, Logan wrote a suicide note shifting the blame of the murder on Joo Dan Tae, then JDT shifted the blame onto the maid. Oh Yoon Hee had already turned herself in, and was clear on all charges. 

2 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

Weirdly, I can buy that Seo Kyung dies. Her arc seems alot more fragile compared to Eun Byeol's insanity and Rona's forever fight against elitism and common sense(seriously, this mother and daughter better wise up- they have ZERO strategy and seem to think they can scream their way to a solution)

I don't think she's going to die. I believe she's going to reunite with SSR  before the end of the whole series. Get a second chance with her mother. 

3 hours ago, Secretz said:

but LL is not with SSR :bawling:

Don't lose hope. We  have two more seasons left. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

When was this?

Spoiler

In S2Ep1. The maid, with her jealousy on patricidal diva, was the one sending the death threats all along. I guess the villain couple set her up in a trap and the secretary brought her back to her own house, badly beaten and bruised.

Some moments later, RN storms into the maid's house thinking that was the place for a new job offer (since she got fired from her old job for being the daughter of a murderer) and the maid wants to kill her but backstabby dumbhead comes to the rescue. RN escapes, and maid and dumbhead wanna duke it out. Maid gets the upper hand but Holy Mr. Lee comes to the rescue. Maid decides to commit suicide by drinking some poisonous stuff from her room and Logan tells dumbhead to flee from the scene, saying he will take care of the rest. He forges a suicide note and leaves the maid in her apartment.

That evening, psycho gets arrested but manages to shift the blame onto the now-dead maid with the help of a team of lawyers. He was proposing to patricidal diva when he got arrested.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Aolian said:
Reveal hidden contents

In S2Ep1. The maid, with her jealousy on patricidal diva, was the one sending the death threats all along. I guess the villain couple set her up in a trap and the secretary brought her back to her own house, badly beaten and bruised.

Some moments later, RN storms into the maid's house thinking that was the place for a new job offer (since she got fired from her old job for being the daughter of a murderer) and the maid wants to kill her but backstabby dumbhead comes to the rescue. RN escapes, and maid and dumbhead wanna duke it out. Maid gets the upper hand but Holy Mr. Lee comes to the rescue. Maid decides to commit suicide by drinking some poisonous stuff from her room and Logan tells dumbhead to flee from the scene, saying he will take care of the rest. He forges a suicide note and leaves the maid in her apartment.

That evening, psycho gets arrested but manages to shift the blame onto the now-dead maid with the help of a team of lawyers. He was proposing to patricidal diva when he got arrested.

Thanks! I'll be watching the episode soon.

• Like 1

What's going to happen when Rona finds out that her mom was the one that killed Seol-A? I hope they address that.  I'm afraid they might ignore that fact since this is a new season. They might also ignore that CSJ killed her dad too, but then again I don't think they will. How else will you send her to prison?

BTW, it wasn't a wedding at the end. It was an engagement party. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s Eun byeol rather that fell down the stairs? It looks like Rona but the necklace Eun byeol was wearing is similar to the one the girl lying on the floor is wearing rather than Rona’s. They might have argued and that’s how her hair came untied. I don’t want Rona to die too

It can't be Eun byeol, dress is different

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

finally it started!!! this time it's the time that devils should pay for what they did. They are devils because they know and are all willing to keep being evil. They are just greedy to the core that they can't see their crime. At least, Oh Yoon Hee felt remorse for killing Seol Ah. But other residents of the Hera Palace are just rotten to the core, they felt disgust when they see poor, but actually they already sold their soul to the power. they are demons disguised in devils.

Still, in this beginning of the season 2, there is a vicious circle. 

Juh Dan Tae will never get love from anyone, Shin Suh Ryeon never loved him in the first place. When they were fiancé back then, it was only a one side love from his part. She just considered him as someone who her parents chose for her, but still is reluctant to the idea of marrying someone she didn't love. When they got married, the love she shows to him is just a way to thank him for what she thought he did. From her perspective at that time you can't blame her, she just lost the love of her life, and her daughter was dying. Then, Juh Dan Tae came like a prince to rescue her and comfort her. He was even willing to let someone's daughter to use his name. From that, anyone at her place can think that he is such a great man with a big heart. This is why she was willing to be entangled in another mariage and to try to love him.

But then, her world collapsed. The man she once called husband is actually a killer and a cheater. He was just a fraud. Who does he think he is to make her life a disaster? Then, she just knows about her real daughter ,that Seol Ah died and she saw it with her own eyes. She never hug her daughter, never said "Mom is here, don't worry".

Now, that Juh Dan Tae has no one to burden him. He can marry Seo Jin. Yet, he once had to face a fact: she didn't love him. She just loves other's happiness. Juh Dan Tae has money and fame, this is what she was looking for when she tried to seduce him. And now what? She just sleep with her ex because somehow he seem to be more attractive than before? Because he seemed to be not the poor han Yoon Chul she once despised him. Like a trophy, one is not enough she has to get as many as possible. She is greedy. 

Just one episode but shows us that, Juh Dan Tae will never be really loved by anyone. Maybe his first wife loved him but since we don't have any clue about her, it is still an unanswered question.

As to Cheon Seo Jin, she as I said is greedy as hell. She is rich, beautiful and talented but all of this will never satisfy her. 

She cares a lot about what other people feel when they see her. She wants people to be jealous of her life, envious of her life. In other words, she will be the best and others are just lame. 

This is why she will never be happy even though she wants to believe it. She was jealous and envious of Oh Yoon Hee. Why? Because she felt unfair: why such a low girl has a better voice than mine, why ? Oh Yoon Hee was her first threat. If Oh Yoon Hee dies she will get this trophy and everybody will recognise her talent. Fine, she get it.

But you can see that it wasn't enough. Late, she saw Oh Yoon Hee happy. then she thought: what makes this low girl happy? Oh I see it's him Han Yoon Chul. I have to get him so OYH will never smile again. It's only me who deserve all this merit and happiness. 

After such a long time, she always get what she wants. She could have a great mariage if only she was satisfy for what she has. Her husband was quite good to her, for their daughter he was willing to make the first move to make this mariage work. 

Instead of trying to make the things work, she just wants to get things that never even once belonged to her.

They sure are the best couple.

OMG, I wrote so much without thinking hahah

Anyway this drama is so good I can't wait to see the next !!!!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

What an episode wow such a strong start for season 2, definitely not disappointed! Absolutely love that Seo Jin cheated on Joo Dan Tae serves him right (although hate her too!). Seems that all Joo Dan Tae really wants from the marriage is the merge between the companies that's why he didn't say anything about Seo Jin cheating with her ex husband even though he knew as he clearly has men following her. Am I the only one who for some reason finds Joo Dan Tae's name hilarious especially when other characters in the show say it so seriously? 

I love how Jenni has changed seems like she really did help Ro Na by secretly bringing her food, which is so sweet, I am so happy about her character development. Can't say the same about her mum though, but I am sure soon the truth about her actual job and her husband's "Dubai" adventures will come out. 

The maid was absolutely hilarious in this episode, I'm not even mad about her sending those creepy pictures to Seo Jin. Why is she so obsessed with Joo Dan Tae girl no it's creepy, she even got a voodoo doll for Seo jin :joy: Oh well at least before dying she got a chance to make out with a pillow with Dan Tae's face on it!

Yoo Hee and Yoon Cheol making an entrance like that, loved it! The look on everyone's faces was priceless especially Seo Jin and Dan Tae, be prepared for sweet revenge. Seo Jin definitely will want Yoon Cheol back even though she was the on to divorce him, oh regretting that now aren't we? Well you got your soulmate Dan Tae!

Logan Lee looking good as always would have preferred more scenes with him, but it's okay can't get everything at once. I am still hoping Shim Su Ryeon will come back and finally go to US with Logan Lee they two deserve the most happiness, best characters in the whole show! Please Lee Ji Ah come back it isn't the same

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Crack is back!

Yes, JUDANTE! is a very funny name.

I loved how almost everyone changed their hair and style so we know that two years have passed. (Mari, in particular is a huge improvement. Ramyeon hair and bag lady style is gone.)

Yun-Hui seems smarter and savvier.

I like Rona now. She no longer seems bratty. Poor thing, she's been through a lot.

I'm glad Jeni is more grown up, less of a terrible person than everyone around her.

And Eun-Byeol is doing great as the stealth-psycho about to blow up at her mom and new dad at any time.

Seo-Jin and Dr. Ha sleeping together. EWWWWWW. :crazy:

Going to miss PSYCHO MAID. Wow, she was great! So ridiculous and funny. Too bad she had to die in Ep.1. I wish she stuck around being crazy all season long.

Batman Logan Lee carries around a portable printer so he can forge suicide notes. HAHAHA. IT'S PENTHOUSE!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

Yun-Hui seems smarter and savvier.

I like Rona now. She no longer seems bratty. Poor thing, she's been through a lot.

I'm glad Mari is more grown up, less of a terrible person than everyone around her.

Exactly. Told y’all she’d become better once she came back, right? 

I’ve always liked her, just hated the brat behavior. But she’s had it rough, so I see why.

Jenny’s mom? Always liked her and Sang-Ah. How has she changed in your opinion?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chococarmela said:

Exactly. Told y’all she’d become better once she came back, right? 

I’ve always liked her, just hated the brat behavior. But she’s had it rough, so I see why.

Jenny’s mom? Always liked her and the newscaster housewife (I forgot her name.) How has she changed in your opinion?

Haha, I messed up. Jenny is the daughter (not as terrible as before) and Mari is the mom. I got confused.

I don't think the mom has changed. Both she and Gyu-Jin (the lawyer) continue to be funny in their complete tactless way.

The adults are thoroughly shallow and I don't see any of them changing their ways.

• LOL 2

4 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

How can YH still get away with murder for killing MSA? 

Agreed, apart from the fact that she may be the murderer, she was the one who wanted to kill SSR, she just got played by JDT.

Idk if we're expecting any more twists regarding the death of MSA from the writer, but assuming OYH is the killer, I think she wants avenge SSR out of guilt before turning herself in? Just a guess.

• Insightful 1

Ha haha, all viewers were caught with your pant down. Kim Soon-ok is a great spinner. She spin her viewers round and round like sitting in a Corkscrew roller coaster. What ever her clips or inserto appear, she could spin it like is a dream. His or her or any body around. That is why after the end of season 1, i did expect more of this to come in season 2 & 3. who knows, season 4 & 5. Kim Soon-ok can even come out with her own conspiracy theory like when Joo Dan-tae RickRoll'D, he found gold.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Secretz said:

Idk if we're expecting any more twists regarding the death of MSA from the writer, but assuming OYH is the killer, I think she wants avenge SSR out of guilt before turning herself in? Just a guess.

Rona doesn't even know that OYH murdered MSA. That could play into the storylines sometime this season or the next. Will this cause friction between them again?  

• Like 2

Huge SPOILER ALERT for the whole post.

I just wanted to get this off my chest.

At the end of S1, we have backstabby dumbhead (in short dumbhead) as a fugitive, with Logan on her side - something must've happened between the two in the two-year-span between S1 end and S2 beginning. Patricidal diva (in short diva) and psychopath (in short psycho) are living together. RN is effectively an orphan.

From what I have gathered from the first 2/3 of S2E1 (leaving out the Arts Festival), dumbhead has lost all her assets, including the apartment in Hera Palace. That means Ro Na is broke. Probably she has also been expelled from Cheong A Arts, (now attending Mirae Girls Commercial High School) and her reputation precedes her. She works part-time jobs and from the looks of it, she's the Korean equivalent of a no-alternative freeter, jumping from one part-time job to another just to survive.

One silver lining is that Jenny is helping her all this time, with or without Ro Na's knowledge; as in at some point during the two years, RN might believe JN has stopped openly helping her, and someone anonymous has been supporting her from the shadows from that point on.

To Ro Na's character development: we have a girl who has been hit haaard by reality, and who lived the harshest of lives for the last two years. It would be obvious to expect that she has matured by that point, having to juggle between school, part-time job, and daily household chores, and having to watch how much she spends to make sure she has rent etc. The deprivation of her mother in that time would definitely make her go back into herself and think of what she can do to live happily. What I am hoping is that with her experiences from the last two years, she'll have learnt to fix her communication problem with her mother starting from Season 2.

On Jenny's character development: I am guessing she has undergone a change of heart. By the way she stood up for Ro Na and defended her support to the poor girl, snapping at her former friends and those who are well more powerful than her, I hope there is no relapse in terms of character development (as in she won't revert back to bullying Ro Na) since Jenny seemed a bit sad at EB declaring to take Jenny out of their uni preparation lessons due to this behaviour.

On a different topic, we have the twins, SK who still believes that dumbhead is the murderer, and SH who is wary of his father and the maid and suspects something. At the end of season 1, we have the twins moving abroad for half a year. I'm guessing they went on attending Cheong A High starting year 2, but their influence in school, in comparison to EB's, has waned drastically.

SK is, despite her power, inferior to EB in terms of influence. And she very well gets bullied subtly for it by the people she looked down at. She has no choice but to accept it, since EB also 'bullies' her in her own way. Her brother is no longer completely on her side anymore. He knows when to stop her and make sure she doesn't end up in a situation she doesn't want to be, but that's about it - she has to stand on her own legs now. To add salt to the wound, we have her stepmother, diva, who also antagonizes her. 

In short, SK is surrounded by enemies (her father, in a way, is an enemy since he killed her mother, and would abuse her all the time as well) both at home and in school. The one person she relied on has stopped giving her everything she wants, and her mother who she looked up to, is dead (there is a lot of loneliness and regret tied with it) and her mother is always insulted by her new stepmom.

It might have hit her hard that all along, the housemaid has been the murderer and she has been comfortable with her mom's murderer (I know it's psycho but for her housemaid is the truth) all the time and knew too late. I wonder how it will change her attitude towards Ro Na, since RN's mother was never SR's killer and SK has been hating the wrong person all this time.

EB, after her suicide attempt, has gotten far, far bolder. She knows the game between her mother and her stepdad, her mother's crimes (which she keeps hidden), and is completely disillusioned. I guess she is trying to get in a position where she doesn't have to interact much with her mother (who probably disgusts her), and basically uses her influence in school to be the center of attention and position of power, all the while plunging herself in academics, and putting up a show of a good daughter in front of others. Works wonders for her, she's dangerous.

SH... I have no idea what is going on with him in the two years. I guess, on one side, he is deeply affected by RN and is in limerence with her, but on the other hand, he's been watching from the sidelines about what has happened to her all the time, so he has no real right to step up and 'be there' for her. The six months abroad probably didn't help. Even at the end of S1, SH was sus about his mom's death and kinda doesn't think dumbhead was the murderer.

Him tearing up at RN happily walking home with her mother may be

1. RN is perfectly happy even without him in her life, but he very well needs/wants her in his - he fell deeper for her than she for him.

2. He has lost his right to be with her in this moment since he abandoned RN since two years (the keychain he has or hasn't returned - maybe it was his sis who returned the keychain) and wasn't there for her during the harshest part of her life

3. Maybe he has been watching over her for the last 1.5 years since he has returned from abroad and is overwhelmed that she is finally free from her bad reputation from now on (happy/relieved)  and he no longer has a reason to watch her, be it from afar or upfront (sad/lonely).

4. Overwhelmed that his materialistically fulfilled life is as empty and cold as can be but she still manages to smile like that in her life full of difficulties and poverty, and she has something he'll never have; the love of a parent.

Sry for the rant.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 5

2 hours ago, Aolian said:

To Ro Na's character development: we have a girl who has been hit haaard by reality, and who lived the harshest of lives for the last two years. It would be obvious to expect that she has matured by that point, having to juggle between school, part-time job, and daily household chores, and having to watch how much she spends to make sure she has rent etc. The deprivation of her mother in that time would definitely make her go back into herself and think of what she can do to live happily. What I am hoping is that with her experiences from the last two years, she'll have learnt to fix her communication problem with her mother starting from Season 2.

Does anyone see the connection with Rona and MSA? It'd make sense if Rona is the one dying. If that happens, the cycle will repeat, and I don't think that's a good thing. I'm not sure if I want to watch Season 2 if we're seeing the same pattern. By then, I'll give the drama the benefit of the doubt, maybe the girl isn't Rona, and even if it's her, she'll survive despite the sharp object stabbed onto her head.

Btw, if you remember in season 1, there was a scene where the kids bullied Rona and called her MSA 2.0. Could be a foreshadow.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

2 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Does anyone see the connection with Rona and MSA? It'd make sense if Rona is the one dying. If that happens, the cycle will repeat, and I don't think that's a good thing. I'm not sure if I want to watch Season 2 if we're seeing the same pattern. By then, I'll give the drama the benefit of the doubt, maybe the girl isn't Rona, and even if it's her, she'll survive despite the sharp object stabbed onto her head.

Btw, if you remember in season 1, there was a scene where the kids bullied Rona and called her MSA 2.0. Could be a foreshadow.

I guess. If it was RN who dies, (which I am praying does not happen), then her mother has gotten herself a slap from Lady Karma. She'd kinda be the new 'Su Ryeon'. The way RN's character turns out to be is dangerously heading that way - but then I don't think either Logan, RN's mom, RN's stepdad(?) or SH would stay still at this point.

RN's mom: foreshadowing in this ep.

Logan: possibly his support towards RN from the shadows, but this would the third innocent person dead - as they say, third time's the charm.

Dr. Ha: I'm not sure what he can do - we'll see.

SH: the love of his life died in front of him - if he still stays on the sidelines, well that would be a great disappointment.

There are theories that the one who fell and the one who had that part of Cheong A trophy (I think it was one of the wings, maybe?) etched inside her skull are different people since that piece wasn't there when said girl fell. What happened between is what I'd like to see.

But a fall from half a flight of stairs is not that deadly (I hope?) - since Seol A also fell from a few flights of stairs and a little statue fell on top of her head and she still went on limping around the apartment complex.

• Like 4