[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

22 hours ago, tulip06 said:

You know who I think might survive? Yoon Hee. Although how she will escape a prison sentence is the question.

Yoon Hee will have her prison sentence dropped when the world discovers that SSR is still alive. Mark my words, the big plot twist of Season 2 is when SSR reveals to JDT that she wasn't killed. There has been talk that Lee Ji Ah will return as a new character with the Butterfly tattoo BUT that is all red herring to make the audience and the characters believe that she's someone different. This includes Logan and Yoon Hee.

SSR is the only character that can stop JDT. Not a doppelganger. She's going reunite with the twins, forgive YH for her sins, and {become a OTP with Logan Lee.}     

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I don't believe the SSR doppelganager theory at all, it's wayyyy too far-fetched. The ring/jewelry thing was simply a prop error.

The drama's narrative did confirm there is a SSR doppelganger. Though, SSR's reaction towards the photo had me question about something. Was she surprised that there's another person that looks like her OR was she surprised that she finally found her long lost twin sister? We don't really know much about SSR's family other than her mother was a CEO of a furniture company and that she was chaebol of a powerful corporation.       

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Aolian said:

I mean, he didn't even leave a letter or a SMS message, or anything along that line.

It's either SBS deleted some scenes which is why it seemed odd or he just needed time to sort out his and his sisters' life so it's like him deciding to put a pause in his r/s with Rona first until things settle down and he would find the energy to talk to her again (if he wants to). 

If not then it's him completely ghosting her because he's angry and upset that the mother of the girl he really likes killed his mom. 

And I'm kinda expecting a time jump when season 2 starts so I guess Rona and Seokhoon might be separated for quite a while? I JUST WANT MY SHIP TO RE SAIL AGAIN :( 

I don't believe the SSR doppelganager theory at all, it's wayyyy too far-fetched. The ring/jewelry thing was simply a prop error.

We got a bit of hint that a doppelganger might exist in the scene where Logan asked Suryeon about the rumors of her being involved with someone and Suryeon was like "no i don't know them at all". To which kinda confirmed Logan's suspicions that Suryeon might have a doppelganger or an unknown twin. 

8 hours ago, leegary said:

Wait when was season 1 filmed? I thought it was pre produced. But on LL instagram the pics from last episode are dated to yesterday. I thought they started filming in March.

If I recall correctly, they did start quite early last year but only finished filming S1 a month ago (or longer) but it's not pre-produced. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

The ring/jewelry thing was simply a prop error.

I mean, the last time people believed that OYH was a transgender, the prop team admit to be a mistake, they didn't say it was a mistake this time. Idk if it was intentional or not but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Plus, it is confirmed that some actors will play double roles. Either SSR died for good or her doppelganger died. 

I just realised, Shin Sung-rok was suppose to play JDT.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

21 hours ago, Aolian said:

I saw it too. But since I hadn't seen how he has reacted to Ro Na's murder portrayed as the culprit, I'm not quite sure. His sister will be more than just angry at Ro Na, with that personality of hers, and probably was one of those people who wrote this.

I'm also glad to see Ro Na care about Seok Hun. But I guess that's the kind of girl Ro Na is, I think - at least I get that vibe from her. She's mentally strong, but kind as well, and also someone who would always think of people that are on her side. Like you, we could see that Seok Hun cared about her as well, and I found it wonderful how he didn't blame her for whatever has happened in the locked room. (I mean, if it were his sister, she'd start blaming Ro Na on why she wouldn't get in touch with them or something along those lines. Ro Na could have somehow foiled Logan's plan with just a text about the location, like 'See you in crystal hall' or sth) 

But I'm not sure how they would have interacted in school with everything. Sure, we saw the messages on her house door, and everything, but I guess the school closed down for a while? Or was there something else? Only when I see their interaction in school can I be sure about what Seok Hun thinks of Ro Na after EP 20's events.

Him returning her the keychain (note: not the whole keychain, but just a part of it, the transparent part is prbly with him still, look at the deleted scene from EP12 that came out with the video you have posted earlier) could either be a further manifestation of 'Wait for me, we may need some time and space, but I need to investigate further' or it's him being disgusted at dating the daughter of his mom's murderer (at least until he finds that maid suspicious which is at least 6 months after he returned the keychain) and wanting nothing to do with her so him returning it. I mean, he didn't even leave a letter or a SMS message, or anything along that line.

That is what leaves me confused.

And the hart too. the keychain had a hart and it wasnt at the door. 

47 minutes ago, Sansanes said:

And the hart too. the keychain had a hart and it wasnt at the door. 

The heart wasn't even a part in that deleted scene from EP12. I thought that was a prop from the package.

18 hours ago, Secretz said:

I mean, the last time people believed that OYH was a transgender, the prop team admit to be a mistake, they didn't say it was a mistake this time. Idk if it was intentional or not but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Plus, it is confirmed that some actors will play double roles. Either SSR died for good or her doppelganger died. 

I just realised, Shin Sung-rok was suppose to play JDT.

For the XY error someone was 100% convinced they are going to make a clarifying statement. I think they are even legally obliged to do so? 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 7:07 AM, larus said:

Soon, Seol Ah will be killed. Oh Yoon Hee will watch who did it but she stays silent and take the money because she wants to be a resident of Hera Palace too. Shin Su Ryung gets her mojo back and she  will find the truth, the evil people will be defeated and everything will be fine again. The End.

I swear, I believe this would had been the plotline if SBS stuck with the series being only 20 episodes. Yoon-Hee omitting that JDT killed Seol-Ah would be a more forgivable sin than having her become the actual killer. If you watched the earlier episodes, the drama actually dictated that he was the killer. It looks like they changed it to Yoon-Hee after they announced more seasons. SSR wouldn't had to *die* in vain, and there wouldn't be a need for a doppelganger plot device.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Nah, I definitely think Yoon-Hee was the killer all along.

They did reveal JDT pushing Seol-A off the balcony in a earlier episode. Like it was his memory. 

On 1/6/2021 at 4:09 PM, kboramint said:

The drama's narrative did confirm there is a SSR doppelganger. Though, SSR's reaction towards the photo had me question about something. Was she surprised that there's another person that looks like her OR was she surprised that she finally found her long lost twin sister? We don't really know much about SSR's family other than her mother was a CEO of a furniture company and that she was chaebol of a powerful corporation.     

I keep watching the scene where Logan shows SSR the photo of her doppelganger/twin and I noticed how she responded after looking at it. She doesn't believe it and asks how could this happen. She doesn't even ask who this person is or why they look alike. It feels like she knows the girl in the photo and can't believe that she's the mother of the twins. Then she asks where she is and Logan just stares at her. Again, We have no idea who her family is. For all we know she could have a twin sister but the drama decided to omit that fact. 

Also, Logan name dropped a name and a political party name. I assume he's a politician. Could we see SSR pretending to be the First Lady of South Korea in season 2?     

• Insightful 2

Soompi Awards: Best and Worst of the Rest (Dramas 2020)

Chingus, welcome to our final poll of 2020. :kiss_wink:  You can vote for:

1) The best C-drama of 2020

2) The most disappointing K-drama or K-drama ending of 2020

3) The best abs in a K-drama in 2020

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon and @Lmangla

• Wiggle 1

I'm honestly curious, is people watch Penthouse because it is so goooood?!!! Or is this more like sarcastic watch?!

I just try to watch because my friend who doesn't watch Kdrama ask me about this and how curious she was with season 2. And when I answer I didn't even try to watch, she was surprise thinking that this is huge rating drama.

I told her judging from writer I know this drama going to be super makjang (base from my experience with Last Empress that I can only manage to watch until ep. 8/ 10). And when I see ratings are like high high, I'm then curious

So I try watch 2 episodes and I can't stand how absurd this drama. I have watched tons of drama. But this is the first time I can't even finish 2 episodes timely. I keep pausing and do other things.

I watch 2 episode and keep laughing everytime something 's weird happen and thinking of Gag concert (The King of Ratings) :joy:

So honestly are you guys really liking because this drama is so good or because it's so absurd?!

• LOL 1

I keep watching episode 20 but did anyone else find SSR's text messages to Yoo Hei seem out of character. Especially if you compare it with what she wrote in the petition. SSR also saved Rona from a speeding truck. Why would she text that Rona will end up like Seol-A? 

Not only that but her conversation with Logan when he gave her the plane ticket. It seems like she didn't care for Hye In but cared more about the twins and was hesitate of receiving the plane ticket.

Something is off. 

Also, the Parcel that was mentioned. She never picked it up.  

• Insightful 2

16 hours ago, diorama said:

So I try watch 2 episodes and I can't stand how absurd this drama. I have watched tons of drama. But this is the first time I can't even finish 2 episodes timely. I keep pausing and do other things.

So honestly are you guys really liking because this drama is so good or because it's so absurd?!

I like watching it because I like a good Makjang dramas.

You won't enjoy it if you try to be logical or you want everything to be realistic or you want to explain every plot details.

This type of drama is supposed to be a fantasy, with an outrageous plot, mind boggling plot twist and over the top acting.   It's addicting and that's why the rating is so high.

Don't think this has been posted here.

Deleted scenes from the Penthouse:

Edited by nosnoop

20 hours ago, diorama said:

To me, both. I love the suspense in the drama but I enjoy ranting it as well. There are a lot of illogical scenes and plot holes but I do enjoy thr twist and turns. If you want a similar drama that makes more sense, I'd suggest you watch Sky Castle. The ratings are higher as well.

Either way, I think YH will be proven to be innocent in Season 2, and DT probably will find another scapegoat, like the maid. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Either way, I think YH will be proven to be innocent in Season 2, and DT probably will find another scapegoat, like the maid. 

Unless the maid gets punished by SSR* first. *Whatever if it's the real SSR, her doppelganger, or the Red Dress Ghost from Ghost Detective. 

• Like 2

Major spoiler for next season

Spoiler

SBS' anchorwoman Kim Soo Min is under fire for unintentionally ruining the upcoming season of the popular drama series 'The Penthouse: War in Life'. 

On January 9th, the newscaster uploaded a Vlog on her personal YouTube channel. In the video, she shared that she will be making a guest appearance on the upcoming season of the popular drama series 'The Penthouse: War in Life' and filmed herself reading the acting script. Her learning lines and practicing part was fast-forwarded in the original video, but some netizens slowed down the video to figure out what she was saying.

1610229777-611718110015409186-2-20210109161846221.jpg

According to the edited video, Joo Dan Tae and Chun Seo Jin will announce their engagement while Butler Yang commits suicide after Oh Yoon Hee turns herself in. 

Kim Soo Min deleted all videos on her YouTube channel and went private on Instagram after the controversy arose. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/01/sbs-anchorwoman-kim-soo-min-under-fire-for-revealing-the-main-plot-of-the-upcoming-drama-series-the-penthouse-war-in-life-2

• Shocked 1