[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

The photo that Logan Lee found in Dan-tae's safe is Seok-kyung and Seok-hoon's biological mother and after Soo-ryeon saw the photo she was surprised, so we can deduce that the twin's biological mother is someone who looks like Soo-ryeon. Logan Lee told Soo-ryeon that there's a rumour of her having a secret affair with Mr. Jung Doo Man of Happy Future Party going around and Soo-ryeon said she doesn't even know him. The twin's biological mother has something to do with Mr Jung Doo Man of Happy Future Party...

Spoiler

3.png

When Soo-ryeon answered Butler Yang's phone call, Soo-ryeon has 2 rings on her left hand ring finger.
1.png

In this scene below, there's no ring on her left hand ring finger... so this person is not Soo-ryeon, must be the twin's biological mother! Soo-ryeon needed to fake her death to escape Dan-tae's grasp. Logan Lee already told Soo-ryeon that they can't trust Butler Yang, so I don't think she would go back to the penthouse straight away just because Butler Yang phoned her as she knows that Butler Yang is on Dan-tae's side. We've seen that she's always one step ahead of everyone else so she's smarter than that!

2.png

I feel Lee Ji-ah was acting as two characters in Ep20, because her eye makeup was different!!!

I think in this scene below it was the twin's biological mother that showed up at the penthouse, not Soo-ryeon. The twin's biological mother said "And that penalty...I'll pay for it for the rest of my life. Until I die, as your mother... " The dialogue has a different feel... you'll know what I'm talking about if you compare it with the Ep18 deleted/unbroadcasted scene that I posted yesterday. 

Seok-kyung didn't recognise her biological mother here...

Spoiler

4.png

5.png

6.png

Kim So-yeon's acting was good in this scene in Ep20.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

So, @lilcrash, do you think sometimes the biological mother would sub in for SR since she had memories of being with the twins, even though SR was supposed to have lived with them since they were babies?

Well for me, it only became noticeable in Ep20, as seen in my post above.

Also before and after Lee Ji-ah opens the door to Dan-tae's room, the expression and action didn't feel like it was Soo-ryeon. Soo-ryeon also had earrings... but the character/biological mother that got stabbed didn't wear earrings.

Spoiler

Eq5irxbUcAIifnt?format=jpg&name=largeEq5dIEeVoAAX-0o?format=jpg&name=largeEq5ir8WUUAE4iKE?format=jpg&name=large

Ep 21 pre-released scene :tears:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

When does S2 air?

Feb 12, after Delayed Justice.

Btw, SSR and LL were spotted fliming for season 2. I heard that someone leaked on twitter (unless those are for the flashbacks) 

The actor of LL posted himslef receiving the script for season 2 on his IG and SSR was expected to attend the script reading meeting on Dec 13. 

If those evidence are not sufficient they are going to be in S2 then Idek anymore. (Unless fhey trolled us making us believe that they will return but in reality the writer really killed them off)

• Like 1

I've been following this drama since it started but this is the first time i'm posting here. 

Just watched ep20. I can't believe that that was the end of SSR i want to see her in season2. Maybe LJA will be coming back but not as SSR. I don't think i want to watch season2 without LJA.

1 hour ago, lilcrash said:

In this scene below, there's no ring on her left hand ring finger... so this person is not Soo-ryeon, must be the twin's biological mother! Soo-ryeon needed to fake her death to escape Dan-tae's grasp. Logan Lee already told Soo-ryeon that they can't trust Butler Yang, so I don't think she would go back to the penthouse straight away just because Butler Yang phoned her as she knows that Butler Yang is on Dan-tae's side. We've seen that she's always one step ahead of everyone else so she's smarter than that!

Good observation! i can only speculate that the woman in the photo (the twin's mom) with the tattoo could be SSR estranged twin or someone JDT made to look like (plastic surgery) SSR, even down to her tattoo because of his obsession with her. I bet SSR has the same tattoo. This is only my speculation.

Anyway i can't say OYH didn't deserve what she got by getting herself involved with JDT. In the last scene from ep20 she admitted to killing SSR. She has already committed a murder (MSA). Its either she admitted to killing SSR or the real reason she wants her dead will surface and she will be facing two murder charges. 

I had thought the drama will end at ep20 but it seems they added another episode. Looking forward to ep21. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Feb 12, after Delayed Justice.

Btw, SSR and LL were spotted fliming for season 2. I heard that someone leaked in twitter (unless those are for the flashbacks) 

The actor of LL posted himslef receiving the script for season 2 on his IG and SSR was expected to attend the script reading meeting on Dec 13. 

If those evidence are not sufficient they are going to be in S2 then Idek anymore. (Unless fhey trolled us making us believe that they will return but in reality the writer really killed them off)

I think they are trying hard to keep SSR (Lee Ji Ah) a secret.  

• Like 3

I don't know how to make of this drama. Well, I know in fact, that this is your non-sensical over the top drama, but funny how the last few minutes of episode 20 seemed like a detective story (I mean the witness scenes from the housekeeper, and JDH. It's all so detective thriller elements.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@lilcrash I watched on one of the sites we can’t name because KOCOWA is slow today, but I’ll check tomorrow when they get up to speed. However, I find it a little weird that bio mom and Sr would have same hair and outfit on and have the same phone call. After all, SR missed her flight bc of the kids supposedly going to their dad’s torture room.

I do like your theory though! It would keep SR alive.

• Like 1

Okay just caught onto the latest ep with subs..

firstly.. PLEASE TELL ME THAT THE DEAD WOMAN IS SURYEON'S DOPPELGANGER because i don't believe that Suryeon would die that easily. 

secondly idk what will happen to my rona x seokhoon ship now that her mom killed "his mom" or in that case, Suryeon's doppelganger :( but that scene where rona defended them at school was a little awwww to me :') 

thirdly, PLS LET LOGAN LIVE. LIKE i know dantae kidnapped him and we'll see more in the final ep of season 1 but PLEASE LET HIM LIVE and reunite him with an alive suryeon!!!

all in all, this is indeed a makjang but i don't think i'll be satisfied with season 1 ending so CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2 TO AIR ASAP 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yellowreign said:

So it could be that OYH planned this with SSR after she realised she was wrong?

this could be a possibility! cause we could see that after rona told her what suryeon did for her, yoonhee seemed like she regretted all the things she did to suryeon.. maybe she could have planned it in advance with suryeon and faked her death in front of dantae? though i'm pretty sure somehow suryeon won't die! it's either yoonhee "faked" killed her and they both put on an act for the housekeeper and dantae or the person who YH killed wasn't even suryeon at all.. we shall see.. 

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

top image is the screenshot preview for Episode 21, the image on the bottom is the actress that will be playing JDT's first wife AND the twins biological mother. Are they the same person? That's the reporter.

This lady was the one SSR handed an envelope and a USB in the earlier part of ep20. It seems SSR had helped her before when she was struggling during her student days. Both pixs are of the same person coz i noticed the tiny mole on her nose. If she is indeed SSR's friend she cannot then be the twins bio mom and JDT's first wife. 

• Like 1