Quantcast

[Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Season 3 premieres in June

7 hours ago, Secretz said:

If turning dark means that she has her eyes open, is more mature and intelligent, then I'm in. If it's just turning her evil, then sigh... We should have a least one good kid in this drama. 

I am thinking of her stopping to go to any school, instead drowning in alcohol and clubbing and just wasting her potential. I think behind the scenes (Not the actor, but the characters what isn't shown) she is a very smart and hard-working person. I think she's going to let all that go. 

Possibly, she'd turn evil (like SK, did you see she resembled her a bit in the mirror? Or maybe it's just me), but I'd prefer your first option, while being as hard-working as she is.

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After episode 8 I am convinced it's 100% Shim Su Ryeon, even Joo Dan Tae said that she was acting weird 2 years ago ignoring his calls etc. I mean Na Ae Gyo wouldn't do that especially if she is on go

Here's my theory about the relationship between NAG, JDT, and SSR.    NAG and JDT knew each other since childhood. When they became adults, they discovered that NAG looked like SSR. They too

Honestly, the melodramatics of both Rona and her mother are too much. They bring their troubles on themselves.   Rona, give up classical and go audition at a kpop agency. At least you will l

WOW.  This show is just something else. 

To recap-

Rona actually leaves school and becomes emo drop out kid. She also blames her mother- nothing much has changed there.

SeoJin kills her dad. EB has totally gone off the deep end. SeokHoon suddenly displaying human emotions. Logan Lee pulling a uno reverse card on Dantae with the gun. 

Preview is INSANE:

SJ haunted by the spirit of her father!

Rona at a  convenience store wearing a cheap wig with horrible makeup infront of Jenny and Min Hyuk and potential 2nd love interest!

Logan Lee and SR together in the penthouse!

SR slapping Dantae!

Dantae and YoonHee on a date!

SJ now slapping Yoonhee!

This is batshit crazy but the show is entertaining. It's like they boiled down makjang to 20 episodes.  Also, I defn ship Logan Lee and SR- they have good chemistry and he's HAWT as previously mentioned. Dantae will defn back off from SJ when she's starts displaying her more unhinged side- the death of her father is defn going to unsettle her. I don't see him letting go of SR until he gets that thing- is it property? Ownership over the company? what is it?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, sasha1818 said:

WOW.  This show is just something else. 

To recap-

Rona actually leaves school and becomes emo drop out kid. She also blames her mother- nothing much has changed there.

I hope she gets over it soon with the help of 2nd lead or sth.

1 hour ago, sasha1818 said:

SeokHoon suddenly displaying human emotions.

Where? I'm curious. (except u mean the scene where he tried to stop her.)

• Like 4

Hi All,

Been away and missing the forum.

I saw ep 14 last night. OMG I agree SeokHoon showing a modicum of emotion running after Rona.

But Rona doesn't believe him due to the lies by EB saying he has no feelings for her.

SBS made their interactions-- Seok Hoon and Rona.

EB is off the rocker and got rid of her competition thinking that YH slept with her dad. Is she sooooo far off that her mom is cheating with SH dad ?! She is getting that fake confidence being a bully

LL finally found out by SR and glad she had it out. OMG did not believe she would stab him. So they BOTH misunderstood each other and glad they hashed it out. 

The lawyer is crazy and do you think DT is going to let it fly you have SA cell phone? DT is evil and so is SJ.

I am liking the actor as Seok Hoon seeing him in another one. He is sure handsome eye candy reminds me of Kang Dong Won.

Some memorable scenes thus far 

cute making video of the party where Logan Lee attends

Spoiler

• Like 5

The ppl in this show are batshit crazy. Yet I can sometimes pity them before I want to slap their faces LOL  EB is insane. Even when caught by her father she still spouts venom. Someone needs to put her in her place. Yet I understand her anger at the supposed affair but she doesn't know all the facts. BRN needs to start opening her mouth and telling her mom everything. And stand up more to those bully kids. She tries but she needs to try harder. And why is she putting on makeup with no school to go to ? LOL . Poor YH she gets built up to do something gr8 only to get pushed back down. I thought SJ father would believe YH. But he still take his own daughter's side.  I think he knows SJ cut YH throat but wont admit it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Jillia Actually I like RONA and SEOK HOON but their interactions is limited in the drama overall. So full of makjang and over the board story line, dramatic music and characters you cannot take it seriously. But I cannot STOP watching it. LOL.

I think it NOT weird at all. The actor does look like a younger Kang Dong Won and he is also "Cheat then You Die" I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

So, definitely getting much of the expected screaming from Rona and YH. But I’d didn’t expect Rona to look so pretty in makeup and her tulip skirt and fancy blouse. And once again, I thought, hmm, what about joining a kpop agency Rona? But they would never tolerate her hysterics.

and who else is laughing at Seo Jin’s OTT faces in episode 15?

• Like 3

Rona leaving the school was good but gosh, she is still annoying kid. All the screaming, my ear rings. Dan Tae still refuses to live Su Ryeong...YH is trying to seduce Dan Tae to get back at Seo Jin...Eun Byeol has officially lost last threads of her sanity...I can't wait for Seo Jin's downfall to begin...this season will end with her downfall so things are getting fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Is it me or do I really wanna see an evil YH? I know, I know, y’all wanna see good people in this drama, but I’ve never seen an evil female lead. I wanna know what’d she be like. Smarter? Less impulsive? Manipulative? Will she be a villain in the later seasons?

I really wanna see this happen.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

“The Penthouse” Continues To Fly High As It Sets New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings

The Penthouse” continues to soar as it approaches its climatic finale!

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 15 episode of the SBS drama recorded average nationwide ratings of 19.6 and 23.3 percent. This is a new personal best for the drama, which was previously 22.1 percent when it first broke through the 20 percent mark, and a jump up from its last episode (17.5 and 22.0 percent).

MBC’s “Kairos” saw a slight rise in the first half compared to last episode with ratings of 3.5 and 2.6 percent. tvN’s “Awaken” also saw an increase this episode with ratings of 4.384 percent. JTBC’s “Live On” also rose this week with 0.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443731wpp/the-penthouse-continues-to-fly-high-as-it-sets-new-personal-best-in-viewership-ratings

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, lilcrash said:

Yeah, the highlight of this week's episode was the last 10 mins of Ep 15.

Kim So Yeon's brilliant acting, facial expressions of madness, relentlessness, anxiety, composure and guilt.

Agreed. I hope she wins multiple awards for her performance in this series. Episode 15 showed so much. Absolute brilliant acting.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

But all of the characters are crazy or go crazy in this drama.
I also applaud the performance of kim so yeon, masterful, but also the actress who plays Eun Byeol, a great actress with a promising future.
Otherwise I don't ship Rona and Seok Hoon yet, just because the actor is very sexy, a lot of people want to see him with Rona, I expect him to change into action and sincerely apologize for what he has done before with his former victims, later we will see.
I don't think Rona will get mean, just a restless girl is coming lol
Concerning the lawyer I find him sometimes arrogant, poor man, but I think that he and seo jin will come back together at the end of the drama
Seo jin is crazy, she killed her own father, it's horrible, I see her going to jail at the end of this first season

• Like 3
1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

Seo jin is crazy, she killed her own father, it's horrible, I see her going to jail at the end of this first season

Probably season 3. There is this saying, good guys die early and bad guy die last. If not, this drama will end at season 1.LOL.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

If not, this drama will end at season 1.LOL.

LOL, Ikr. But most of cast from this season are expected to attend the script reading for season 2, which means we won't see them being punished or die anytime soon,

4 hours ago, marrez1 said:

a lot of people want to see him with Rona, I expect him to change into action and sincerely apologize for what he has done before with his former victims, later we will see.

Agreed. Eventhough Rona being disrespectful to her mother, she can repay to her mother later on, but MSA is already dead, it'll be very hard for him to repay his sins. Even if SR or Logan forgives him, it wouldn't be enough because they weren't the ones who experienced it.

4 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I don't think Rona will get mean, just a restless girl is coming lol

We must have at least one good kid in the drama. All the kids are spoiled in their way atm. Rona is literally the only kid that has hope to become a good kid. Hopefully she'll be more mature after the misunderstanding. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Season 3 premieres in June