[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

10 hours ago, Aolian said:

A part of me wishes a romance between Ro Na and Seok Hun, but a part of me wants him to be her ally, and her to stay cautious around him while he falls head over heels for her (with all the protectiveness and loyalty, even either going against or 'reforming' his sister) and they'd be the new gang who are more, well, human.

As in, Seok Hun needs to prove himself worthy before I can see him as good; just because he falls for the good girl doesn't make him a good guy. It makes me more worried for the good girl, since she can be doubly screwed if not cautious. I ask of you, Seok Hun; prove yourself worthy of Ro Na's attention. What we still dont know is what Seok Kyung has planned for Ro Na, especially after Eun Byeol is out of the picture. 

Ah yes, I do hope to see Seokhoon being the one who falls real damn hard while Rona still has her little crush on him but still not too deep (that she becomes stupid and dumb). I think it'd be nice to see Seokhoon starting to go against the rest and moving to Rona's side. Especially since we did see that he scolded Seokyung thinking it was her who set Rona up. From there we can see that he's starting to change a little tiny bit! 

And i agree that Seokhoon definitely need to prove himself worthy! Afterall, we can never forget that he was part of the gang who treated Seol ah badly. But i have a strong feeling that he would hurt her unintentionally (since afterall, it's a makjang and no one can be happy forever).. though i hope i'm wrong! 

• Like 1

Once again, I have to ask: why is YH so hyper? If she wasn't, she would have held back from mortgaging her house at least. 

Also, I find it hard to believe Logan is so athletic after leukemia. People usually have to build up a lot after illness and have follow up conditions to treat that take their own sweet time to resolve.

• Like 1

This show is actually turning out to be super interesting lol

I just find YH SO annoying. How dumb are you to think that Joo would openly discuss stocks in the lobby? I feel that Rona and Eun Byeol should have swapped places because Rona comes off as alot more sharper and cut throat than EB who's cracking under pressure.

Logan Lee is HAWT. I wonder if they will do a love line betwen SR/Logan Lee to add to the angst of it and the typical Makjang convoluted and inappropriate stepsiblings/adopted relationship tropes

The kids are clearly up to something but the lawyer is growing on me. He comes off as a clumsy fool but he's quite sharp in his own way. 

Seo Jin is DEFN cracking like her daughter and I can't wait to see her comeuppance

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Episode 12 is the best episode I've seen so far, but I don't like it is when YH bought the stocks, but then, I can see that she will play DT in the next episode. 

I hope Rona is like this episode for the rest of the show, and if possible, smarter than her mother while exposing people. My ears were bleeding due to her constant screaming and whining. 

It is possible that SJ was the one who pushed Seol A from the high floor, and SR saw it. I thought it was just her dream but there's a chance that it's actually her.

The housekeeper is disgusting, so far she's the character that I've hatred the most. Please kill her off in the next episode, thanks.

@sasha1818 I agree with you, Logan is HAWT and I'm also starting to like the lawyer. 

• Like 4

I, too, am starting to like the lawyer and his wife as well. YH is getting a lot smarter, and I hope Logan and SR work together. 

4 hours ago, Secretz said:

It is possible that SJ was the one who pushed Seol A from the high floor, and SR saw it.

This is definitely possible. SJ despised Seol A...

The housekeeper is disgusting, so far she's the character that I've hatred the most. Please kill her off in the next episode, thanks.

I think the housekeeper is the twins' mother. She could be.

I hope Rona is like this episode for the rest of the show, and if possible, smarter than her mother while exposing people. 

From the looks of it, both Rona and YH will become smarter...

Also, I want YH to take away everything from SJ and kinda turn evil while doing it, too. She has every right to do so. Become SJ 2.0, lol. She could even adopt her wardrobe! I want to see YH's villainous side, please, head writer!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

This show is actually turning out to be super interesting lol

I just find YH SO annoying. How dumb are you to think that Joo would openly discuss stocks in the lobby? I feel that Rona and Eun Byeol should have swapped places because Rona comes off as alot more sharper and cut throat than EB who's cracking under pressure.

Logan Lee is HAWT. I wonder if they will do a love line betwen SR/Logan Lee to add to the angst of it and the typical Makjang convoluted and inappropriate stepsiblings/adopted relationship tropes

The kids are clearly up to something but the lawyer is growing on me. He comes off as a clumsy fool but he's quite sharp in his own way. 

Seo Jin is DEFN cracking like her daughter and I can't wait to see her comeuppance

it would be interesting though..when I saw the bts, Lee jia ah and the pe teacher looks like they are flirting with each other because they keep laughing and smiling lol.

• Like 3

The bullying of Ro Na is too much. At least she stands up for herself. But they always gang up on her.  If she got violent back she'd get in trouble,  no matter if they start it she gets in trouble.  She'd be better off transferring.  Her mom had it right in the beginning.  They shouldn't have gotten involved with those crazy ppl. And those evil kids need someone to teach them a lesson. Its a pain to watch but addictive. 

• Like 3

So I watched Episode 12 and one thing that didn't make sense to me was how was Ho-Dong scaring the Cheong-A brats in the Seol-A chat? The chat is tied to her account on her phone...which he doesn't have; Mr. Punchable-Face Tae-Gyu has it. The only way this would make sense is if Ho-Dong had Seol-A's login info and logged in the chat app from his own phone. Also, if Tae-Gyu has Seol-A's phone, wouldn't he see the notifications from within that chat app pop up on the phone, such as the account being logged out because it was accessed elsewhere (assuming he checks it on/off)?

Edited by boafriendagain
  • Like 2

Urgh, the bullying of Rona, istg it's so annoying. Finlly Rona sees that Seok Kyung is her fake friend, Ig. In the preview, we saw her dropping out from school, and should've done it earlier, smh. Y'all treating her as the second MSA, hope those evil kids gets punished eventually. As much as I find Rona annoying and bratty, she didn't deserve this.

As usual, a dramatic ending. I wonder how SJ knows that MSA is SR's daughter. Finally saw Logan Lee asking SR to join hands with him. At this point, I wish everyone has a bad ending except for SR, YH, Logan and Rona. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Urgh, the bullying of Rona, istg it's so annoying. Finlly Rona sees that Seok Kyung is her fake friend, Ig. In the preview, we saw her dropping out from school, and should've done it earlier, smh. Y'all treating her as the second MSA, hope those evil kids gets punished eventually. As much as I find Rona annoying and bratty, she didn't deserve this.

As usual, a dramatic ending. I wonder how SJ knows that MSA is SR's daughter. Finally saw Logan Lee asking SR to join hands with him. At this point, I wish everyone has a bad ending except for SR, YH, Logan and Rona. 

I agree. As long as she is in that school, those kids won't stop pestering her. I would have left after the 1st few fights with EB. No matter what the school never sides with her. I dont know why it took her so long to transfer. No normal person could take so much abuse.  Those kids are sociopaths. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Secretz said:

Agreed. The bullying trend really got old. The only purpose I see for it is to have a separate plotline from the adults and also to show that the children's perception of the "lower class" mimics exactly that of their parents. They'll do anything to get rid of people whom they don't believe to belong with them.

• Like 2

Ugh, the bullying scene made me RAGE. Though I do hope Seokhoon will find her and save her but I'm pretty sure Rona will want nothing to do with him. Ah, from the start I've already foresee that Seokhoon will somehow unintentionally hurt her esp when it's revealed that he started getting close to her because of Seokyung.. 

That scarf scene was intense LOL! I love how Suryeon always have the upperhand. I just find it very despicable of SJ to reveal the truth about SR not being the twins' birth mother, like she had to stoop this low in order to win against SR? lmao, pathetic!

Anyway, I'm looking forward for Logan and Suryeon finally allying to bring down DT and SJ!!!! 

• Like 2

Few random impressions so far:

I am still hate-watching this show. It's so over-the-top ridiculous but occasionally funny, and I really do need to see the bad guys get their comeuppance. This darned makjang formula. But I need to see the evil guys be ostracized and cuffed and locked up. I will enjoy seeing Ju Dante get down on his knees and scream to the heavens, "NOOOO!!!!!" (you know that will happen)

Okay... Logan Lee. HILARIOUS. He's hiding in the ladies' room of a fancy boutique shop? Seriously? Of all the ridiculous things that happened in this show, that is the one choice I will criticize for not being realistic. :lol:

I know that Seok-Hun is getting sweet on Rona, and he's cute... but he's still an awful person who assaulted Min Seol Ah and also bullies other kids. So I can't really root for him.

It's the same dilemma for Dr. Ha. He's a victim of these pieces of trash and probably a nice guy at some point in his life, but he still violently bullies people with Ju Dante and that lawyer, so again, hard to root for.

I'm glad Rona isn't going around being a screamy brat all the time. I think it's important to note that she stopped being a brat before she found out her mom is nouveau riche.

All the kids are annoying and don't really add much, except to remind us trash parents have trash kids.

That baseball thing was a straight-up cartoon.

Yun-Hui... gosh, it's really hard to root for someone who is this dumb. So she became nouveau riche in a few days, thanks to Su-Ryeon's smarts. And then she loses it all just a few days later, and Su-Ryeon has to fix things again. Yun-Hui should just sit quietly, never make any decisions, and just let Su-Ryeon run her life.

I love that Mari's secret job is working in a bathhouse, scrubbing the backs of rich loan sharks.

I love that Cheon Seo-Jin wore black at the party and Su-Ryeon wore white - just in case anyone forgets who is bad and who is good. Yeah, that's about the amount of brain power this show requires.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

This show is 2020 personified! It's basically the essence of all the makjang dramas boiled down to it's purest form and I'm actually loving it lol

Thoughts:

1) I think SR/Logan Lee will have a loveline. Him spying on Dantae and SJ and then looking at SR feels like he's sympathising with her. The preview shows that he asked her to work with him and then she's spotted coming out of his hotel room. Also, LOL at him calling her ahjumma and then beautiful. She should just divorce Dantae and then go with him. The fury and shock of that will half kill Dantae. Imagine cheating on your beautiful, loving and submissive wife with someone who's more exciting and passionate and then she ends up with the guy you called your idol. 

2) The divorce next week- seems like SJ will jump the gun and ask the doctor for a divorce thinking that she can take SR's place. But I DOUBT Dantae will let go of SR so easily- her money and family influence really helped him and she feels like a trophy to him that he can hold his head high up in society. Whereas SJ is more of the sexy fun on the side and doesn't have the aura that he would want his wife to have

3)Rona deciding to drop out and dip from this school is the smartest thing she's done. This is an endless road of misery and there's more than one way to reach the top. Also, she's already at a disadvantage because her mother is an idiot and only made it so far because of SR. The minute SR or Logan Lee find out that YH had ANYTHING to do with Seol's death- she's screwed. I feel that the reason for seasons 2 and 3 would be for SR and YH to go to war with each other. 

4) Eun Byeol is cracking. She isn't made for this life. The twins are shaping up to have a rift because of Rona. 

5) YH is a screwup. She just isn't very smart. She should end up with the doctor because he clearly isn't made for the machinations and court intrigue the way SR/Logan Lee/ Seo Jin is.

6) In season 2 or 3, they should introduce a  character who had humble beginnings like YH/Doctor/Rona- but is able to fight like the others . I suppose Jenny's mum is someone like this but her character seems very paperthin

• Like 7

1) I think SR/Logan Lee will have a loveline. Him spying on Dantae and SJ and then looking at SR feels like he's sympathising with her. The preview shows that he asked her to work with him and then she's spotted coming out of his hotel room. Also, LOL at him calling her ahjumma and then beautiful. She should just divorce Dantae and then go with him. The fury and shock of that will half kill Dantae. Imagine cheating on your beautiful, loving and submissive wife with someone who's more exciting and passionate and then she ends up with the guy you called your idol. 

I guess that is one thing, but I also want to see him with Yun Hee, due to the protection Ro Na can get. Where will she go after her dropping out of that school? But yeah, his wife ending up with his idol due to him cheating his wife (whom he even killed a person to get) with a mentally unstable diva, then the joke's on him. Even more so if the skeletons in his closet got publically revealed.

2) The divorce next week- seems like SJ will jump the gun and ask the doctor for a divorce thinking that she can take SR's place. But I DOUBT Dantae will let go of SR so easily- her money and family influence really helped him and she feels like a trophy to him that he can hold his head high up in society. Whereas SJ is more of the sexy fun on the side and doesn't have the aura that he would want his wife to have

I hope that diva's dad will re-decide to give the Foundation to that diva's sister after her divorce with him.

3)Rona deciding to drop out and dip from this school is the smartest thing she's done. This is an endless road of misery and there's more than one way to reach the top. Also, she's already at a disadvantage because her mother is an idiot and only made it so far because of SR. The minute SR or Logan Lee find out that YH had ANYTHING to do with Seol's death- she's screwed. I feel that the reason for seasons 2 and 3 would be for SR and YH to go to war with each other. 

Imagine Ro Na can directly go to Italy or Europe right after the dropout with the help of Logan! That'd be awesome! As in, the starting few steps are taken care of by him and she has to stand on her own feet. 20 years later, she's a worldwide famous soprano, or sth. like that, with valuable book and street smart.

I think so as well - that YH might have to go against the Great Alliance (Logan-SR) in season 2 or 3 or possibly both.

4) Eun Byeol is cracking. She isn't made for this life. The twins are shaping up to have a rift because of Rona. 

I hope Ro Na managed to put a series of events in change that end with the twins and Jenny and MH developing into decent humans. And Eun Byeol may be hopeless now.

• Like 2

I think Su Ryung has chemistry with Logan...I definitely didn't expect it, its there and I could possibly ship them, long shot but hey its Makjang anyway...and it'd be great if they tormented Dan Tae with it...no matter how much he sleeps around, he has no plans for marrying Seo Jin...Su Ryeong has more money and more societal respect/connections....Seo Jin is a small fish compared to Su Ryeong. Seo Jin thinks she can bend Dan Tae her way and break their marriage and hence jumped shark with the divorce. I am pretty confident that she will get the divorce, YH will get reunited with Yeon Cheol and she will loose her already on the point breakdown daughter to YH too and will loose both her family, school and Dan Tae as well...I don't think Eun Byeol killed Min Seol A...I think the girl twin may have done it, just my guess...she has her father's murderous scheming tendencies and she hated Min Seol A with passion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I think Su Ryung has chemistry with Logan...I definitely didn't expect it, its there and I could possibly ship them,

11 hours ago, Aolian said:

I think SR/Logan Lee will have a loveline. Him spying on Dantae and SJ and then looking at SR feels like he's sympathising with her.

I kinda lowkey ship them as well when I saw how he looked at her at the party. I think there could be a chance of them going from just pure allies to a couple! But it probably won't happen for now. Maybe in season 2 or 3. But i think it'd be awesome. The preview where DT caught them outside the hotel room made it look like she and Logan had something going on lmao. But who is DT to judge anyway since he has his own secret affair ugh

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lebritneeey said:

I kinda lowkey ship them as well when I saw how he looked at her at the party. I think there could be a chance of them going from just pure allies to a couple! But it probably won't happen for now. Maybe in season 2 or 3. But i think it'd be awesome. The preview where DT caught them outside the hotel room made it look like she and Logan had something going on lmao. But who is DT to judge anyway since he has his own secret affair ugh

I'm guessing they'll become allies in the next episode (what with that stabbing scene) after coming clean about their pasts and Logan making the long-needed apology to Su Ryeon. One part of me wishes Logan to come together with Yun Hee - that'd be awesome for her and her daughter.

• Like 4