[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

• Where's My Oppa? 1

I’m so confused as to how Yoon-Hee became rich? Like what? What happened? That whole part was confusing as hell.

On 11/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, Nodame said:

I guess SR started actions slowly this past ep 6. But still slow and taking her time.

Her stepping in to help the kids. It seems like a FIRST. They cannot believe it either, I couldn't too.  Wow for her to intrude. too Suspect.

SR is very smart, I’ll give her that.

Also, EB is super scary. I can’t help but like her mom though... and her dad.

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

@chococarmela Yoon Hee got rich as she bought Anna Lee's old apt. As they are going to do redevelopment , if she then sold the house (the developers (need that apt /land) so they will pay MORE than the normal price prior the announcement to get it.

So that is why they were DELAYING as much as possible to announce and have that slimy lawyer had to HIDE to try to get it ASAP. 

Clips for today's episode 

More under spoiler tag that came out so far

Spoiler

@chococarmela Yoon Hee got rich as she bought Anna Lee's old apt. As they are going to do redevelopment , if she then sold the house (the developers (need that apt /land) so they will pay MORE than the normal price prior the announcement to get it.

So that is why they were DELAYING as much as possible to announce and have that slimy lawyer had to HIDE to try to get it ASAP. 

Clips for today's episode 

More under spoiler tag that came out so far

Spoiler

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

Yoon Hee got rich as she bought Anna Lee's old apt. As they are going to do redevelopment , if she then sold the house (the developers (need that apt /land) so they will pay MORE than the normal price prior the announcement to get it.

Oh! Wow, that was pretty smart of her to do! One point for Yoon-Hee

• Like 1

@chococarmela Lee Ji Ah's character gave a tip to YH to buy the apartment as it was Anna Lee's apt (the dead tutor's old place). As we know, Ro Na her daughter had a FIT about her buying it. Also the PRICE was affordable as the former tenant had passed away.

So YH did not know it would be part of the redevelopment but Lee Ji Ah's character knew and she wanted to throw a wrench on her hubby's plans. Also she appreciated YH protecting her bio daughter Anna Lee, when she couldn't or did not know then what she knows now. 

YH was on the verge of selling from Ro Na's pressure and mounting pressure from the loan sharks. So YES when the announcement was made and she did NOT put down her name stamp, pure awesomeness. YH got to have a reprieve and know she will make MORE than what she paid and be able to pay off the loan sharks and make a handsome profit.

I cannot wait to watch tonight later as I am still at work.

• Thanks 2

Do not tell me that YH did not help Min Seol A that day. 

I was actually hoping that SR and her can join hands, especially when we got some foreshadowing that she met Seol A that day, but I still have a glimmer of hope.

I really hope the dog doesn't die...

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 12:21 PM, lilcrash said:

This new character shown in Ep 8 preview can actually be Seol-ah's brother (not related, just that she transferred her bone marrow to him) in disguise? :joy:

Quoting myself from last week because after this week's Ep 8 and 9, I think it is clear that this PE teacher is Seol-ah's adoptive brother. 

I like how Soo-ryeon is always a step ahead of Dan-tae and Seo-jin! I cannot wait for Seo-jin to get her karma handed to her. I laughed when Seo-jin went back to check the necklace on the drawing and it changed from an apple to a heart.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 2

What’s that cool smart watch Eugene was wearing that recorded the criminal conversation? I loved it and want to get that too. Also, finally, after the Parent Teacher Kick, she finally did something cool.

Also, is the gym teacher the CA Oppar? In the middle of Ep 9 right now. How did this weird show become crack?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

What great News!

Second and Third Seasons Confirmed for "The Penthouse"

photo1272039.jpg

On November 24th "The Penthouse" confirmed that plans were in the works for a second ("The Penthouse - Season 2") and third season ("The Penthouse - Season 3") of the popular drama. Purportedly, these seasons will have twelve episodes apiece. This contrasts to the twenty episode run for the currently airing season of "The Penthouse" which had ratings of 16% in its ninth episode. "The Penthouse" also stated that future seasons of the drama would be moved to the Friday/Saturday night timeslot from the current Monday/Tuesday one.

The same statement also mentioned that "The Penthouse" was close to completing filming, in response to reports of COVID-19 shutting down the drama's production. It is as yet unknown who might star in the second and third seasons of "The Penthouse". Indeed, the news caught many off-guard, as the highly dramatic stylings of "The Penthouse" strongly suggest major characters will either die or be sent to prison by the drama's end, begging the question of what plotlines future seasons could indulge in.

source

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just rewatched episode 9 and here are the things I've learned:

1.  If you want to be rich, you have to rely on a rich person.

I was kinda hoping that YH climbs her way to the penthouse with her own barehands and her wits, but unfortunately she isn't really smart enough. She has to rely on SR who she calls her "sister" and is using her as her chesspiece. I mean, I not mad about it, but I'm slightly disappointed about it. Does the writer wants to portary the harsh reality where most people can't be rich in a short time without being supported by a millionare, or he is lacking of ideas?

2. Anything hidden behind you back can't be seen, and you won't be suspected.

I swear, they make all the characters look smart but they are just dumb when it comes to minor things. SR hid things behind her back TWICE! Her husband didn't even suspect her, I was like what? Everytime I hide things behind my back, I got called out by my parents. I do not see the logic?

3. With evidence, you're invincible

So we saw that YH recorded the conversation when she was kidnapped, and when SJ's husband was punched by DT, she threatened him with the evidence. And because of that he let them free. Dude you hired someone with a gun, you could've just threaten YH to give you the evidence while pointing the gun at HYC. Again, I don't know what is the writer thinking, but I don't blame YH for weaseling out her way everytime.

4. If you give someone a gift, it means you like them

The teenage fights are getting old dude. They are super annoy especially the punching scene. Dumb and boring. Idk what's the point of the scene, so the PE teacher can meet SR? That scene is so unnecessary I believe it's just a filler. I'm glad we're not seeing children fighting scenes in this episode.

I'm looking forward for episode 10, mainly because I want to see YH entering the penthouse, and Logan Lee. Yassssss, the PE teacher is introduced in a badass way! 

I really hope the staff team and the cast are safe, knowing that one of the background actors who acted a single scene in the drama was tested positive for COVID-19, one day before they planned to finish filming. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1