[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

D5

Spoiler

Lee Ji Ah, Eugene, And Kim So Yeon’s New Drama “The Penthouse” Unveils Dramatic Posters

Oct 21, 2020
by C. Hong

SBS’s upcoming drama “The Penthouse” has unveiled its main posters!

“The Penthouse” is set in a luxury penthouse apartment with 100 floors. The drama centers around the conflict between three women: Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), born into wealth and the “queen” of the penthouse; Cheon Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon), the rich and arrogant “prima donna” of the penthouse; and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene), who was born poor but strives to enter high society in order to ensure a better life for her daughter.

Uhm Ki Joon plays Joo Dan Tae, Shim Soo Ryeon’s husband and a genius at real estate and architecture. Yoon Jong Hoon plays Ha Yoon Cheol, Cheon Seo Jin’s husband and the chief of neurosurgery at an exclusive hospital for VIP clients. Shin Eun Kyung plays Kang Ma Ri, the nouveau riche of the penthouse apartment whose husband lives abroad in Dubai. Bong Tae Gyu plays Lee Gyu Jin, the spoiled only son of a lawyer chaebol family. Yoon Joo Hee plays Go Sang Ah, a former announcer and Lee Gyu Jin’s wife.

These eight characters make up the main cast that is featured on the official posters. In one poster, all the residents set their sights on something high above as as the caption reads, “Painfully high, unbelievably far, the heaven you desire.” Although these people have beauty, wealth, and a good name, the poster highlights their unending greed and ambition as they constantly strive for more.

the-penthouse.jpeg

In another poster, the eight cast members enjoy an elegant party even as the statue behind them is splattered with blood, hinting at dark consequences for those who cannot survive the cutthroat world of “The Penthouse.”

the-penthouse-eugene-lee-ji-ah-kim-so-ye

https://www.soompi.com/article/1432767wpp/lee-ji-ah-eugene-and-kim-so-yeons-new-drama-the-penthouse-unveils-dramatic-posters

• Like 3

‘Penthouse’ Lee Ji-ah X Kim So-yeon X Yujin, revenge desire for vain, and the 3rd women are on the rise

5PXV6B7J7UDHOALJLCJUDCIEBQ.jpg

SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama'Penthouse' (played by Kim Soon-ok, director Joo Dong-min), which is scheduled for the first broadcast at 10 pm on the 26th, following'Do you like Brahms?', picks up everything from the 100-floor penthouse'Queen'

'Penthouse' is an explosive synergy of actors in the golden lineup, such as writer Kim Soon-ok and director Joo Dong-min, who once again worked together after'The Dignity of the Empress,'

Expectation point NO.1: Shim Su-ryun-Cheon Seo-jin-Oh Yoon-hee, ‘women-centered narrative’

‘Penthouse’ continues the story of real estate and education, the hottest topics in Korea, through the distorted desire of three women, who had no choice but to become evil women for their children. First of all, Shim Su-ryun is a wannabe of the residents of Hera Palace, with her beauty, graceful character, and wealth, but behind it, she is burning with a thorough revenge for the bad adults who have trampled the life of the child. Seo-jin Chun, who has won the title of “Korea's Best Soprano,” without missing first place since school days, lives a life captivated by the ambition and vanity of getting what he wants. Finally, Oh Yoon-hee lives each day repressively so that her daughter doesn't have to worry about money, and gradually develops her latent desire. Each of them has lived a completely different life, but through the three women who do not hesitate to do all kinds of bad things for their children and try to climb higher, they show the endless desire and terrible motherly love . What is the story of the desire that the three women will draw is arousing curiosity.

Expectation point NO.2: “Suspence revenge drama” originated from the desire and vanity

'Penthouse' focused attention by publicizing the prelude of an unconventional and intense revenge through the first and second teaser videos. It was shocked by the scenes of a mysterious girl crashing into Hera Palace, the highest-class residential-commercial apartment in Korea, and the bloody war between the residents of Hera Palace. In particular, Shim Su-ryun, who was trembling in fear, Cheon Seo-jin, who is giving an eerie warning to someone, and Ju Dan-tae (Um Ki-jun) giving a toast to the residents of Hera Palace.

We are raising our curiosity about what will happen in Hera Palace, where everyone wants to move in, and what will be the consequences of gruesome revenge.

Expectation point NO.3: Addictive writing skills & tumultuous visual beauty'

In the first and second teaser videos released earlier, the mystery narrative and the directing that maximizes the sense of tension gave a strong impression as if watching a suspense thriller movie and received favorable reviews. 'Penthouse' is a novel idea from'Return' and'The Dignity of the Empress' with writer Kim Soon-ok, who shakes the home theater with addictive writing skills in a number of works such as'The Temptation of the Wife','The Sister Is Alive' and'The Dignity of the Empress'. Director Joo Dong-min, who mass produced supporters with the visual beauty and speedy directing of the film, is predicting a fantasy chemistry that will thrill viewers with a concerted effort. Writer Kim Soon-ok and director Joo Dong-min, who reunited after “The Dignity of the Empress,” are looking forward to seeing what kind of “story development and directing magic” will fascinate the home theater.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/21/7UNNESKCUFPDBD4ON6M63WU2FA/

Newbie actress Na So-ye signs an exclusive contract with Name Value Stars and begins her career as an actor.

N6XYNPR2BYQL56NUXNHOPTB35Q.jpg

In addition, it was announced that she was cast in the anticipated work'Penthouse' in the second half of the year.

In the drama, Na So-ye, who plays the role of Ju Hye-in, a character with many stories as daughters of Su-ryun (Jiah Lee) and Dan-tae (Uhm Ki Joon), is paying attention to what kind of growth he will show through this drama.

Name Value Stars said, "It is impossible to open up to the character personality of Joo Hye-in, who has a lot of history, but Na So Ye is shooting with a rookie passion as a person who raises the tension in the play." We ask for your interest.”

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/21/ILPZC4ML7OJL4EXBKKBJF2I6QQ/

Kim So yeon as Cheon Seo Jin

No human desire is ever satisfied"
Penthouse` Cheon Seojin Moving Poster' released

• Like 4

Newbie actress actress Ha Kyung appears in'Penthouse'.

Ha Kyung plays the role of Heo Yoo-jeong, the daughter of the president of Seoul National University. Unlike a pretty face, it is a comical character that destroys the preconceived notion of being the daughter of the president of Gakgae within 3 seconds when you open your mouth. She is a problematic person who even rumors that her dad will be cut off soon because of his daughter.

Ha Kyung, who challenges her first drama through'Penthouse', said, "I am very happy and trembling just to be able to participate in the first work with writer Kim Soon-ok, director Joo Dong-min, and senior actors. I will do it," she said.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=385877

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Premieres on October 26th

3 Reasons To Look Forward To The Premiere Of “The Penthouse”

91c33dbdc3f34cf5adee9c2b08a3b0f9.jpeg?s=

Oct 22, 2020
by C. Lee

SBS’s upcoming drama “The Penthouse” is premiering soon!

Set in a luxury penthouse apartment with 100 floors, the drama centers around the conflict involving three women: Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah), born into wealth and the “queen” of the penthouse; Cheon Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon), the rich and arrogant “prima donna” of the penthouse; and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene), who was born poor but strives to enter high society in order to ensure a better life for her daughter.

Here are three reasons to catch the premiere of “The Penthouse”!

A story centered around women

“The Penthouse” deals with how far Shim Soo Ryeon, Cheon Seo Jin, and Oh Yoon Hee will go in order to dominate the fields of real estate and education for their children. Shim Soo Ryeon is someone who makes the other residents jealous of her beauty and elegance, but she’s actually looking for revenge against those who have ruined her child’s life.

Meanwhile, Cheon Seo Jin was named Korea’s best soprano since her school days, and now she’ll do anything to get what she wants in life. On the other hand, Oh Yoon Hee has been living each day tirelessly to make her daughter happy, but she’s beginning to realize her desires to enter high society.

Although these three women come from completely different walks of life, they would all agree that they’d do anything for their children. Viewers can look forward to their individual stories about motherhood and greed.

Suspense and revenge

The previous teasers gave a glimpse of the revenge that will ensue in the drama. A girl falls into the penthouse fountain, Shim Soo Ryeon is seen shaking with fear, and Cheon Seo Jin gives someone an unsettling warning. Meanwhile, Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon) proposes a toast in front of the residents, and viewers can already get a sense of the vanity and greed of the upper class.

The penthouse residents will be swept up in a mysterious incident, creating suspense as they begin plotting their revenge.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433034wpp/3-reasons-to-look-forward-to-the-premiere-of-the-penthouse

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, joccu said:

the highlight - reel was amazing. I hope this drama delivers.:wub:

@joccu same! lets watch this! so many cast. Women leading the pack int this drama.  Better be good. 

@larus Liking these uodates. Thanks.  I wonder what Uhm Ki Joon character gonna be like.. maybe a mean streak hiding behind his being genius architect. I  somehow always see him as pyscho.. and I like it! :o

• Like 2
  • Love 1

“If it’s a wicked girl, I want you to remember it as “Cheon Seojin”.”

1Z98CD21R4_2.jpg
Actor Kim So-yeon, who left a strong impression with "Heo Young-mi" of "Everything about Eve" in 2000, returns as a villain character after a long time. This time, the anticipation is raised by predicting the villain who surpasses "Heo Young-mi.

On the afternoon of the 22nd, the production presentation of SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama “Penthouse” was held online. Actor Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, Yujin, Um Ki-jun, Bong Tae-gyu, Yoon Jong-hoon, Park Eun-seok, Yoon Joo-hee, and Ha Do-kwon attended to talk about the work.

In the play, Kim So-yeon is a perfect prima donna, “Cheon Seo-jin,” who is a natural "gold spoon" woman, the real world of the Cheong-A Foundation, and a famous soprano.

Kim So-yeon, who played a villain after a long time, expressed her gratitude for being remembered as Heo Young-mi in “All about Eve” that appeared 20 years ago. He said, “Thankfully, there are people who remember the role of Heo Young-mi so far, so on the one hand it is true that it is more tense, fluttering, and burdensome.” “This goal is because there are people who remember Heo Young-mi. I am working hard with the heart that I want you to give.”
Kim So-yeon said, “Seo Jin is gorgeous and confident, but there are many moments when she hits the floor. The part that cares most is the diversity of expressions, and the character can use the tone and expression of dialogue to the fullest.”

Kim So-yeon was already fascinated by her character'Cheon Seo-jin'. He said, “It's a part that is also stimulating personally, but Seojin Cheon lives really hard. She said, “It is an icon of passion that lives hard to live in order to listen to everything I want and what others want.”

In the end, she said, "It's a fun part to read while reading the script, but if you're curious about human desires, you'll be able to enjoy watching."

Meanwhile, “Penthouse,” the new SBS drama “Penthouse,” starring Kim So-yeon, who was summoned as a villain again after 20 years, will be broadcast for the first time on October 26th at 10pm.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/1Z98CD21R4

BTS

Spoiler

Press conference pictures

eb1b5da4bdafe6aa38bd2319c35e0666ae0ca732

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, jongski said:

Liking these uodates. Thanks.  I wonder what Uhm Ki Joon character gonna be like.. maybe a mean streak hiding behind his being genius architect. I  somehow always see him as pyscho.. and I like it! 

I don`t like pyscho characters. I like more nuanced characters.  Of course Uhm Ki Joon can deliver even if his character is psycho. We`ll see. From promos he looks a little crazy but I hope the writer balance a little the villains. I have the feeling it is like in Return with all four psycho villains doing all sorts of crazy things. I liked drama Return but it became repetitive and I felt tired. It was only 16 episodes. This time we have two seasons. 

The preview was good. It presented how the poor good girl is cornered/bullied by the rich spoiled students, how Oh Yoon Hee decide to be rich and gain some power, they showed the rivalry between Yoon Hee and Seo jin and how Seo Jin and Joo Dan Tae are ploting togheter. Speaking of this two (our villains)...it is interesting to watch their dynamics.  Just to watch the whole cast it is worth it but I hope they made a good story for the actors and for us as well.  I don`t want to raise my expectations to not be disappointed later. Let see how this show will deliver.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It is me of the statue in the back looks like Uhm ki Joon? Is he Zeus without the beard? :D

October 22 2020

6 minute highlight trailer & posters for SBS drama “Penthouse”

Penthouse-tpSM1.jpg

6 minute highlight trailer and new teaser posters added for SBS drama series “Penthouse” starring Lee Ji-Ah, Kim So-Yeon, and Eugene. The drama series is set a Gangnam penthouse, where a woman becomes consumed by greed.

“Penthouse” will first air October 26, 2020 in South Korea (takes over SBS’ Monday & Tuesday 10PM time slot after “Do You Like Brahms?“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Set around the luxury Penthouse Apartment with 100 floors.

Sim Soo-Ryeon (Lee Ji-Ah) was born into wealth. She is now an elegant woman of the upper class and she is like the queen of the Penthouse Apartment. Her husband is Joo Dan-Tae (Uhm Ki-Joon). He is successful in business and real estate.

Cheon Seo-Jin (Kim So-Yeon) was born into a wealthy family. She is arrogant. Her husband is Ha Yoon-Cheol (Yoon Jong-Hoon). He is a chief surgeon at a general hospital and an ambitious man.

Oh Yoon-Hee (Eugene) comes from a poor family background. She works hard for her children’s success. She wants to belong to the upper class for her children.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/6-minute-highlight-trailer-posters-for-sbs-drama-penthouse

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, larus said:

It is me of the statue in the back looks like Uhm ki Joon? Is he Zeus without the beard?

They really made statues after the main characters in the drama. :D

1850212c07498c7e99ecda6e5c380d61acd1ea05

Seo Jin (Kim So yeon) on the left, on the right is Yoon Hee with a wound on her neck, in the center is Su Ryun (Lee Ji Ah),crying and  hugging a sick child.

Ju Dan-tae (Uhm Ki Joon) on the back of a lion, Ha Yun-cheol (Yoon Jong Hoon) is falling. There are the other lead characters: Kang Mari (shin Eun Kyung), Lee Kyu Jin (Bong Tae Gyu), Goo Sang A (Yoon Joo Hee). 

Spoiler

viewimage.php?no=24b0d769e1d32ca73dec87f

https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=penthouse&no=427&_rk=eYK&page=1

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

While I really like to see Kim So Yeon and Uhm Ki joon sharing screen time, I hope Seo Jin is using Jo Dan Tae in her shenanigans . I already said that it is a sad thing she can`t be happy with what she has and that her own greed will be her downfall. Joo Dan Tae is not the answer. But he can be a powerful ally. 

GPjFGr.gif

Seo Jin yells a lot in this drama. It is hard to be in her shoes. :lol: I wander why she is so angry at her husband. Poor man! I think he knows that his wife is having an affair with Jo Dan Tae. I hope he has a strong personality but I have a feeling he is overwhelmed by his wife`s personality.

ZQ_VaT.gif

A woman conductor is so cool but why did I find So yeon here funny? :D

XBruB4.gif

• Like 4

The three ladies are presenting their home on Penthouse. The all three of the penthouses/apartements are luxurious and beautiful..

Yujin, "A character that is contrary to the real me, anxiety and excitement coexist!" Intensive search interview with'Oh Yoon-hee' who is running wild to enter the upper class society!!

U3AFTT532E6GRIW3JKQA34Q65Y.jpg

She said "Oh Yoon-hee, I was attracted to the character I haven't tried so far!"

SBS' new Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse' Yujin shared her honest feelings about returning to the drama in about 5 years as the role of Oh Yoon-hee with a unique presence.

In'Penthouse', Eugene sorts out as Oh Yoon-hee, who lives day by day with a feeling that she will not let her daughter Bae Rona (Kim Hyun-soo) live with money. Through the role of Yoon-hee Oh, who is struggling with his life with the aim of entering Korea's top-class residential-commercial apartment complex, he is predicting the renewal of'life character' by challenging his acting transformation.
First of all, Eugene said, "I was thrilled throughout reading the script. So I remember reading it all at once in a seat. I liked the feeling that each of the characters melted in the script was alive. “I was attracted to the role of Yoon-hee because I haven't played it so far,” she said.

Following Yujin's unconventional acting transformation, "I thought that when I entered a new work, I would like to try a new character that I haven't done before. There was a thirst for various characters. Yunhee Oh is contrary to the actual me. As a character, I thought it was a new challenge for me. So it seems like anxiety and excitement coexist.”

In addition, Yujin said, "I tried to imagine and feel a lot about the overall life Oh Yoon-hee lived. And I tried to analyze the personality that would have been formed in Yoon-hee's innate temperament and the environment in which he grew up, and try to find justification for the process of future change. I added the parts that I analyzed and studied with great care to the details of the character.

In fact, Yujin, who has two daughters, said, "Maternal love throwing a body for her daughter is fully understood as a mother with a daughter, but Yunhee is a character with a very different subjectivity and personality from me. If it was me, I definitely made a different choice. "But I'm working hard to act so that the sincerity of Yunhee can be felt so that the viewers who watch Yunhee can relate to it," she said.

In particular, "At first, it was a little awkward and I couldn't imagine being a mother with a 16-year-old daughter. But when I saw the actual childhood pictures of Hyun-su on the set, I felt like my daughter. I didn't look awkward, and the empathy was good. I felt like I was preparing myself for the future.”

Lastly, Yujin said, "I think you will have the joy of seeing each of the living and breathing characters. Quick story development, accidents that continue without boring breaks, and tangled pieces of lies and truth. It seems to be a thrilling drama. I will be grateful if you look forward to it and enjoy it.” He raised the curiosity toward the broadcast, leaving an expectation point.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/23/MDOUOMZGXNKC5I7UAW2B2BUKRQ/

• Like 3

BTS

3Q4ZA7GORBKJQHSPS3YTJ7NKJI.jpg

The behind-the-scenes behind the scenes where a group of golden actors such as Ji-ah Lee, So-yeon Kim, Yu-jin, Um Ki-jun, Eun-kyung Shin, Tae-gyu Bong, Jong-Hoon Yoon, Joo-Hee Yoon and Do-kwon Ha are burning their passion for acting in SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama “Penthouse”.

In this regard, the behind-the-scenes of the set, where a group of golden actors are pouring out passionate flames, is drawing attention. Jia Lee and Joon Um, who appear as a couple in the play, are breathing together for the first time, but they are warming up the scene with a friendly atmosphere by posing V for the camera.

In addition, Kim So-yeon, wearing a colorful dress, was seriously immersed in the script rehearsal with Min Seol-ah and director (Jo Su-min and Joo Dong-min), immersing the viewers. Eugene is giving an example to the scene by studying his own emotions while focusing on the script regardless of the place or time.

Um Ki-jun checks the script during the shooting breaks and makes every effort not to miss out on every single detail. In particular, Bong Tae-gyu, Yoon Jong-hoon, and Yoon Joo-hee, dressed in party clothes, laughed when the filming was paused, giving off a tight chemistry. The three people exude fantastic synergy in the scene together, adding vibrant energy to the scene.

In addition, Shin Eun-kyung, who showed an unusual visual with a bright red eyeglass frame, and Ha Do-kwon, who is transforming into an intense transformation as a vocal teacher Ma Doo-gi, are overwhelming with a laugh. The strong teamwork of the ‘Penthouse’ actors who are doing their best in filming is shining in various places on the scene, raising expectations.

The production crew said, “While watching the actors exploding special enthusiasm for the'penthouse' in and out of the camera, the exclamation of'as well as' is spontaneously coming out.” “The'Penthouse' will unfold in various aspects of actors with distinct presence. Please watch.”

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/24/XXLDFYVNUNW5RMFHJ3G6CWIKRI/

• Like 2