[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Can I just say that scene of Yoon Hee trying to press her advantage with Logan Lee by bringing up SR staying with him was so pathetic it was really painful

Like, YH keeps TRYING to make these moves but she's outclassed at every turn. And she looks like a complete fool doing so

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Secretz said:

That's why we're rooting for her. 

Another thing that makes SR better than the others is she was the only one who had no cruel intentions towards Min Seol Ah and this was way before the daughter reveal. Every other parent was all like "Min Seol Oh is a poor orphan and we have to get rid of her to protect our kids and ourselves." 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

41 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

Another thing that makes SR better than the others is she was the only one who had no cruel intentions towards Min Seol Ah and this was way before the daughter reveal. Every other parent was all like "Min Seol Oh is a poor orphan and we have to get rid of her to protect our kids and ourselves." 

I am more and more amazed and impressed by Su Ryeon. 

• Like 4

Why did SSR revealed herself? There isn't the need to? Could've just recorded the evidence and walked away. Not only that, she told everyone that she's MSA's mother? WHY?!?!? This is make it harder for SR to seek revenge later on.

OYH is officially evil, there's no turning back. I feel like Rona will die at the end of the season so OYH can take things to a whole new level. 

Spoiler

On Kim Hyun Soo (The actress of BRN)'s ig, there is a conversation where 

Untitled491.jpg

Found this from her ig, basically they said that they can't do season 2 together. (Posted on 5th Dec)

It's kinda confusing at the same time because she was expected to attend the script reading meeting on the 13th of Dec. (In one of Jillia's posts)

Maybe some last minute changes? Or will BRN be a cameo?

I love how YH is begging SR. Could've done this episodes eariler, smh. And SR and LL will be separated. :bawling:  Let's see what will happen next.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chococarmela said:

From a moral view when it comes to someone who:

• Got her throat slit by her rival
  • Got suspended and punished because said rival lied to her parents about it and lost the ability to sing
  • Had her boyfriend dump them for the rival
  • Met another nice man, but the nice man cheated on her, left her with a crapload of debt, a daughter, and a crazy mom-in-law, and then died while cheating on her
  • Met her rival again, and ended up hurt many times because said rival didn't want her to succeed
  • Met a seemingly "nice" woman who really wants revenge against a bunch of people and ends up getting used by the woman she THOUGHT was her friend, who pretty much played with her emotions and gave her what she wanted since it was pre-planned

Yes. Yes she does. Personally, I'd lose my damn mind too if all this happened to me. And I did say before

... because it's true. She was simply hiding it and now that she has power and money, there's no need to hide it anymore. Soo-Ryun isn't all that great of a person either. All the characters are messed up and Yun-Hee is no exception, she just has valid reasons unlike some of them (looking at you, Sang-Ah, Jenny, Ma-ri, Min-Hyuk, and Attorney Lee.)

OF COURSE this doesn't justify the murder of Seol-Ah and her seduction of Dan-Tae at all.

Nahh man. OYH should have had told her daughter the truth about her past with CSJ and that crazy school her family owns. She should have told her daughter how corrupted the school is and that her daughter would never succeed in such a school because of the corruption and unfair treatment she would receive because of who her mother is. Even if CSJ and OYH had no previous bad blood between each other, Bae Rona is WAAAYYY more talented than thw other kids and CSJ would never allow some random kid to outshine her daughter. OYH and her daughter would live a normal, safe, happy and humble life. Loads of other high schools to go to.

But by deciding to act like a fool and jumping into a world she knows well, full of evil, wicked, rich and powerful people. She has brought all of this misery onto herself. She wouldn't have met CSJ again. Her daughter wouldn't have been bullied and her morals would have remained intact. This is why I don't feel any pity for her.  She jumped into a world of evil. She has no excuse for turning evil. Should have jumped out and said deuces lol

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Gad, all i can say is that throughout ep 20... I HATE YOONHEE'S GUTS. Like, I get it, you're willing to go all the way to protect your daughter, but come on, SR is also a mother who lost her daughter, she has all the evidence that YH killed MSA but YH just won't confess. Ugh, sooner or later her guilty conscience is gonna eat her up and break her down. I bet on it. 

But wow, seeing DT and SJ getting arrested was veryyyyyyy satisfying. But why do I have a feeling they'll get away with it? sigh. 

I would say that the kids and adults got what they deserved but I did feel a tiny bit of pity for the kids since now they gotta deal with this mental trauma. Oh well, always think before you act I guess.

As to who's most likely to die? Hmm.. I think it could Eunbyeol? Though I'm hoping it won't be Rona cause it feels like her story isn't finished! 

• Like 1

At this point, YH is very clearly using her daughter as an excuse for her sins. She's become so much like SJ, even more than she already was, it's almost horrifying to watch. The gaslighting, stubbornness, selfishness, greed, and complete denial of the murder was unsettling. It's set in stone that YH is the murderer, there's absolutely no escaping it... and I hate to admit it, but I don't like her very much anymore. Queen Soo-Ryun and King Logan are the true stars of this show!

1 hour ago, Mina Rose said:

OYH should have had told her daughter the truth about her past with CSJ and that crazy school her family owns. She should have told her daughter how corrupted the school is and that her daughter would never succeed in such a school because of the corruption and unfair treatment she would receive because of who her mother is. Even if CSJ and OYH had no previous bad blood between each other, Bae Rona is WAAAYYY more talented than thw other kids and CSJ would never allow some random kid to outshine her daughter. OYH and her daughter would live a normal, safe, happy and humble life. Loads of other high schools to go to.

But by deciding to act like a fool and jumping into a world she knows well, full of evil, wicked, rich and powerful people. She has brought all of this misery onto herself. She wouldn't have met CSJ again. Her daughter wouldn't have been bullied and her morals would have remained intact. This is why I don't feel any pity for her.  She jumped into a world of evil. She has no excuse for turning evil.

You're lowkey right, though. OYH should've just left to America and came back as a powerful businesswoman/singer or something. And then started her revenge on Chun Seo-Jin, a la Insatiable or Bird That Doesn't Cry/Sing.

Spoiler

Like how Patty became a villain because she realized that she enjoyed killing people. And framed Bob for the murder of the crazy blonde woman.
In BTDC, the female lead went abroad for a year and then came back to avenge her mother's death that was caused by the villain. (This one is a great drama, but it's a daily. You should still watch it, I recommend it.)

That would've made her a way better villain. Plus she's pretty ambitious (and was always evil), so I don't think she really cared? She just wants to be at the top.

36 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

Hmm.. I think it could Eunbyeol?

I think she might attempt suicide, or even do it and succeed.

• Like 3

On 12/29/2020 at 3:23 AM, chococarmela said:

OF COURSE this doesn't justify the murder of Seol-Ah and her seduction of Dan-Tae at all.

You are now contradicting yourself.

So regardless what her previous experience, she does not have the right to do what she has done. 

4 hours ago, kboramint said:

Yoon-Hee started out being the heroine of the show, but it turns out that Soo-Ryun is the real heroine. Yoon-Hee is no different from Seo-Jin. She has become her.   

For all the K dramas, just look at the poster, and you would have some clue how the plots play out.

Soo-Ryun (Lee Ji-Ah) is at the center, so she is always the main female lead, and usually the good one.

Everyone else around her in the poster could turn out to be villain at any time.   And in this case, they all are.

• Like 3

why do I want to scream at OYH "you richardsimmons".. and she does look very stupid during the big presentation when Logan does not come. and at some point I do hope BRN is the one dead, so OYH will be hurt

Edited by Jillia
Please do not circumvent the swearing filter, thanks!
  • Like 2

OH I caught up and watched the latest.

OMG.

@nosnoop I agree the poster helps figure it out and SR is a MAIN person and to me always was a FL due to that . Her being Anna's  mom etc.

Video I found about twins

I love Making Videos

This was last week not sure posted already sorry if it was 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nosnoop said:

You are now contradicting yourself.

"It's ok for her to be evil but an innocent girl shouldn't have been murdered and her best friend shouldn't have been betrayed" isn't really a contradiction. MSA and SR didn't deserve being victims of OYH's revenge/path to power at all.

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

I won't be surprised Seo-Jin goes to prison after the first season but Joo Dun-Tae somehow doesn't. 

I think reverse, Seo-Jin won't go to prison but Dun-Tae will escape from police custody.

38 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

I heard SR other daughter IH will get plastic surgery to look like Min Seol Ah next season.

Not possible as Jo Soo-min currently contracted to KBS Royal Secret Agent till 2021

22 hours ago, lebritneeey said:

But wow, seeing DT and SJ getting arrested was veryyyyyyy satisfying. But why do I have a feeling they'll get away with it? sigh.

There is a saying in all movies or dramas, good people died early and left behind all the evil people. That's is how they extend, extend and extend their dramas.

• Like 2