[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

The last 4 episode got me back to the drama due to the excitement it stirs. I usually hated evil women in drama but Kim So Yeon was so good, love her acting the best in this drama compared to the other 2 female leads

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@lilcrash I watched on one of the sites we can’t name because KOCOWA is slow today, but I’ll check tomorrow when they get up to speed. However, I find it a little weird that bio mom and Sr would have same hair and outfit on and have the same phone call. After all, SR missed her flight bc of the kids supposedly going to their dad’s torture room.

I do like your theory though! It would keep SR alive.

Yeah, I find it weird also. But how else could she fool Dan-tae and the other Hera Palace people? 

If Soo-ryeon is dead, lots of people are going to drop this drama, including me lol.

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

top image is the screenshot preview for Episode 21, the image on the bottom is the actress that will be playing JDT's first wife AND the twins biological mother. Are they the same person? That's the reporter. 

Fake news or mistranslations?

They are the same person but the article only said to watch the broadcast to see what Ki Eun-se's role is, the producers never revealed anything else. 

Article link: http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=396991

As imgreatgal mentioned she appeared in Ep20. Ki Eun-se's role is Reporter Kim and she helps Soo-ryeon to report the crimes of the Hera Palace people.

5 hours ago, kimdaehwi said:

does anyone know the name and IG account of Suryeon's dead husband actor?

His name is Lee Min-ho (born in 1993).

IG account: https://www.instagram.com/billy931103/

Source: https://tine001.tistory.com/44

img.png

img.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lilcrash said:

Fake news or mistranslations?

They are the same person but the article only said to watch the broadcast to see what Ki Eun-se's role is, the producers never revealed anything else. 

Article link: http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=396991

As imgreatgal mentioned she appeared in Ep20. Ki Eun-se's role is Reporter Kim and she helps Soo-ryeon to report the crimes of the Hera Palace people.

Thank you for the correction. After watching the episode again, it looks like the twin's bio mother is a doppelganger of Shim Soo-Ryeon. Confirmed by the photo from Logan Lee. There also been stories about actors playing double roles for Season 2.        

I think Soo-Ryeon is going to pretend to be the doppelganger.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kboramint said:

Season 2 BTS. Is that be SSR in that white sweater?  Is that suppose to be a U.S cafe? 

I'm not sure if this is SR but a part of me feels like this is YH after serving her time in jail? I"m not sure though.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!

13 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

Evil wins at the end.  That's a terrible way to end a show.  They really did YH dirty. And how horrible for SR. Don't think I can watch season 2 I can't stand CSJ or JDT.

I don't know why they had to have seasons. This could might as well been a 40 episode series. This is basically the mid point of a long series.  

5 minutes ago, Secretz said:
  Hide contents

How dare they kill off the star of the show! :bawling:

I'm not worried. she'll be back. 

• Like 1

Just watched the ending and... I'm speechless.

Spoiler

DT was the one who killed SR. His assistant tricked YH into entering the palace.

This episode is basically about OYH interrogated by the police, crying because of "guilt", and flashbacks of her and SR.

When the judge was about to sentence OYH, YH who admitted her crime suddenly made a chaos by saying that she disn't kill SR, yes at the very last minute. So the case has been reinvestigated.

The police car flipped when LL secretly attached a rope across the road, and took YH out from the police car.

LL pointed at YH's throat with a sharp object, but eventually, YH stabbed herself with it. She probably died.

The episode ended with a flashback of YH and SR on a cruise.

(No, LL didn't die, he was just threatened)

Kinda bitter about the ending tbh.

Tbh, Idek anymore. If SSR is really dead, it will chase a lof of fans away, and the ratings will decrease, so they don't want that. At the same time, they made it believable that SSR is dead. 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Ok. Hopefully in season 2 we will get to see more of Logan Lee. Cause if SR really is dead, he and the reporter are the most likely candidates to seek revenge for her death. But if she is not dead, even then as a dead person to the world, she will need logan and his money's help to get back her life or continue her revenge, now for both herself and for Seol Ah. Plus she needs to get seok hoon and seok kyung out of the penthouse while the 2 are still sane and alive!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

Eh I really doubt SR died. If she did, then season 2 is going to be a whirlwind of rage against Dantae and SeoJin. SeokHoon looks like he's starting to figure out what happened 

I actually somehow feel like Seok Hoon is quite aware of all his father's deeds, not just the ones against Seok Kyung, himself and SR. But what i don't get is if she is alive, who helped her? Cause YH was in  no condition to help, the maid was bought over by money, Logan doesn't seem to know as according to the final minutes of the final episode he still thinks YH killed Seol Ah and SR. The reporter also doesn't seem like she knows as when she confronted YH, she asked how she could do such a thing to someone who considered her a friend. So who could have helped SR, unless JDT's bodyguard actually secretly got fed up of the killing and helped SR or she pretended to die and got help from one of the paramedics or doctors at the hospital they most likely took her to, to make it seem like she was dead when she was actually alive? 

Whatever it is I just want season 2 fast and i want a lot more of Logan Lee and Su Ryeon and a nice love angle for them would be nice as well. Plus i really hope they don't give up on Seol Ah's revenge. Cause i still think the Hera palace people should have paid more for everything they had done to her.

Also curious to find out the story of SR first husband and JDT and also the twin's biological mother!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST - Season 2 coming in February

I think SSR might really be dead. The actress could always come back as a doppelganger. Logan can avenge Seol-ah and SSR. A new character, like the twin's mom, can be the new "good" character. 

I don't want her to really be dead because she was the only one I liked, but if she's alive, I wish the writer would have left a little more believable wiggle room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Secretz Thanks for the update and spoilers of the ending of S1!

I am stuck at work and it is lunch time.  I admit ep 20 had me at --WHAT?! Penthouse does deliver on the over the top drama! I have to give it that for sure!

ep 21 epilogue

Scenes of ep 1-20 of Season 1 of Penthouse 

clips from ep 21 ending season 1 

Spoiler

• Thanks 3

Wow.....I'm just speechless.  Honestly episode 19 ended well for me and that is how I just want to remember this series because episodes 20 and 21 made no damn sense to me.  Omg I'm really upset with this drama. Really disappointed with this. :crazymad: So many up and down that I really don't have the energy to watch another season of this mess. Let me watch True Beauty or Homemade Love Story.

• Like 1

That's it ladies and gentlemen, 

YOU'VE BEEN SLAPPED BY THE SHOW 

:surprisedwut:

The moment they announce season 2, I was not happy lol because I have a feeling they will end season 1 on a cliff hanging note. 

But i did not expect to have them end on a stupidity absurd note like this one lolol. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 2