[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

13 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Is it me or do I really wanna see an evil YH? I know, I know, y’all wanna see good people in this drama, but I’ve never seen an evil female lead. I wanna know what’d she be like. Smarter? Less impulsive? Manipulative? Will she be a villain in the later seasons?

I really wanna see this happen.

Eugene’s fans from kpop onwards won’t tolerate her being evil.

• LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

On 12/16/2020 at 1:58 AM, Jillia said:

Welcome back, @Nodame! :D I've been thinking about checking out this drama because of Ro Na and Seok Hoon. :lol: Is that weird?!

Jillia I second emotion :lol: 

me doing a marathon of the drama --->:persevere: same as  for A Man In Veil too

Btw, I'm already lookin forward what KSY next drama will be.

Ro Na is nothing but a spoiled BRAT who needs a good old-fashioned butt whoopin'!  She is so disrespectful to her mother.  What took the cake for me was when she screamed at her mother saying she MADE her go to that school.  Mom is weak!  She lets EVERYONE including her daughter get away with saying anything they want to her without argument, defense, or hands.  I'm not a violent person, but I could be when it comes to my child.

On 12/16/2020 at 3:14 PM, tulip06 said:

tolerate her being evil.

Lmao, I love Eugene as well, but her character needs to grow out and grow up! I understand she's very naive, but she needs to get stronger. Plus episode 15 kinda foreshadowed it, with her laughing and crying at the same time.

I actually understand why Ro Na is the way she is (because I'm a teenager lol) but I really don't support her disrespecting her mom. And I hate the "bully falling for their victim" trope, so I do not ship Ro Na and SH and I never will. 

SJ is a horrible person, yet I'm so interested in her? She reminds me of Regina from Once Upon A Time. I hate-love her.

SR and Logan Lee teaming up?! Not a huge fan of Logan, but I kinda ship those 2. They have great chemistry. And I'm glad the full clip of Min Seol-Ah was shown to SR.

I don't think DT killed Min Seol-Ah. I think he was just thinking about it, he was nowhere near the area she was killed. And it'd be far too easy to figure out.

Joo Hye-Ri waking up... this could be very interesting or very terrible. She could team up with SR.

EB is just crazy and she needs to get away from her mom, she's toxic. Jenny and MH serve no purpose in the story to me. Ma-Ri and Sang-Ah (the housewife) may go to YH/SR's side quite soon. Same with the lawyer (who I'm starting to love.) I'm very happy the doctor slapped SJ and pulled out his own card (the ring) against her. I don't like him but it'll be interesting to see what he does later on!

Still wanna see YH as a villain, I don't think anything can change my mind at this point. She may go into dark revenge mode and she should've recorded the conversation between her and SJ. That poor dad... I wish he stayed alive for longer.

Anyway, what do you guys think will happen next week?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Aolian said:

'Min Seol A died without having done anything wrong, possibly with your influence, so who can guarantee the same won't happen to me?'

I second this. When she said it to him, it did seemed like she's saying that SA died even when she didn't do anything so the same might happened to her. The look on his face though. Like he was a little horrified and guilty. Like the thought of Rona possibly being bullied till death could actually happen if she continued staying in the school. And the fact that it's his sister and friends ( and indirectly by Seokhoon himself too) who could potentially kill Rona might have come across his mind. Which could explains why he appeared dumbfounded when she told him off.

21 hours ago, Aolian said:

if the second, I guess we'll see EP2-Seok Hun once more, unleashed on Ro Na, since he will feel threatened by what he thinks she knows.

Ah and i really hope it won't come to this.. 

• Like 3

This show is well acted and I'm watching the series because it features Eugene, but I'd have to agree with the concern about the violence inflicted upon, and by adults and other children upon the victims in this story. The repeated cruelty towards the orphan child, who'd made good on her own despite tremendous odds, at the hands of a group morally bankrupt millionaires, and their horrible spawn is devastating to see. I keep waiting for the good guys to get some justice and am treated to the same sort of "snuff film" replays of these horrendous crimes against humanity in every segment. Other than the scene where Eugene kicked the guy's teeth out, in episode one, it's been the bad guys winning. I don't need to see that little girl bloodied, and begging for her life, before being thrown from the building again and again. It may be just a drama, but you have to relive the torture repeatedly. Let's move on already!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi, this is my first time commenting. This drama makes my blood boil so much that I needed a play to talk about it. Since there is going to be a season 2 and 3, I am sure the bad guys are going to keep winning just like any Kdrama. I think that Seok hoon will be the one to reveal to the kids that EB mother is actually the adulteress because he knows about their relationship or he might blackmail EB with that so that Rona can come back to school.

• Insightful 2

10 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I don't think DT killed Min Seol-Ah. I think he was just thinking about it, he was nowhere near the area she was killed. And it'd be far too easy to figure out.

I don't think he killed MSA, but he could. We only know where her mom was, when MSA was killed, because she was a witness. 

But I suspect Seok Hun. He was in black and he had time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, airgelaal said:

I don't think he killed MSA, but he could. We only know where her mom was, when MSA was killed, because she was a witness. 

But I suspect Seok Hun. He was in black and he had time.

I think its Seo Kyung....she definitely has the lack of empathy part covered. Or maybe Dan Tae's lackey did it on his behalf. 

• Like 2

Apparently, there are deleted scenes in the last two episodes, mainly prbly concerning EP 14, one where SH finds a MH who is enjoying the bully video of RN. A mad SH strikes down MH, asking him where RN is.

Another may also be in EP14 where RN is stopped by SH who declares what his sister said wasn't true and that he was honest when it came to her, but she replies it doesn't change a thing. He also says he knows she's hurt and that he'll apologize for them, but she rebuts that she saw the Seol A video and he was also in the bullying. Now that she has experienced it (firsthand) she has come to realize what a jerk he is.

That changes a lot about the relationship between RN and SH.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

I found the deleted scenes that @Aolian was talking about! ^^ though there's no subs..

Thx a lot for adding the video @lebritneeey! When I knew of them, it was in the twitter feeds... So, how do you think these scenes changes their relationship, and your opinion of the individuals and them together?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Blob 2

@Aolian AHHHHH. Firstly, we see how ANGRY Seokhoon became when he saw the video of Rona being bullied. LIKE IT WAS JUST PURE ANGER TOWARDS MINHYUK. The way he screamed asking where the heck is she was juST WOW. I guess from here, I don't doubt his feelings for her. Like it just convinced me that Seokhoon's feelings for her have gone a bit deeper than we ever thought. This is the first time he actually cares for a girl other than his twin. But sadly, it's a bit too late though. The fact that Rona saw the video of Seolah being bullied by Seokhoon and friends, that's when she knew "ah, Seokhoon isn't different from them. He's just like them too, a jerk." 

Which is why I really really really hope somehow Seokhoon is given a chance to redeem himself. And I do hope to see Seokhoon regretting what he did to Seolah and just changing for the better. Hopefully this will be a chance for him to prove his true feelings for Rona too. 

But I really don't think Seokhoon was the one who killed Seolah.. 

Anyhow, I just don't want this ship to sink. I really really hope the writers won't break them up totally cause MY HEART WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TAKE IT. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lebritneeey said:

@Aolian AHHHHH. Firstly, we see how ANGRY Seokhoon became when he saw the video of Rona being bullied. LIKE IT WAS JUST PURE ANGER TOWARDS MINHYUK. The way he screamed asking where the heck is she was juST WOW. I guess from here, I don't doubt his feelings for her. Like it just convinced me that Seokhoon's feelings for her have gone a bit deeper than we ever thought. This is the first time he actually cares for a girl other than his twin. But sadly, it's a bit too late though. The fact that Rona saw the video of Seolah being bullied by Seokhoon and friends, that's when she knew "ah, Seokhoon isn't different from them. He's just like them too, a jerk." 

Which is why I really really really hope somehow Seokhoon is given a chance to redeem himself. And I do hope to see Seokhoon regretting what he did to Seolah and just changing for the better. Hopefully this will be a chance for him to prove his true feelings for Rona too. 

But I really don't think Seokhoon was the one who killed Seolah.. 

Anyhow, I just don't want this ship to sink. I really really hope the writers won't break them up totally cause MY HEART WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO TAKE IT. 

I definitely would have loved to see the first scene in the episode. It would have driven the drama forward so much. The scene would have also meant that she has become dear to him, like you said - and since he is loyal to a fault to those who he lets inside his heart, that would mean she has power over him (His sister also does - but she abuses that power, whereas Ro Na probably wouldn't, since in all those interactions, she is the one giving him stuff, and she has never asked nor expected his help, always facing her battles alone.)

But I think the second is superfluous, and would have disrupted the scene from EP 15. I mean, yeah - his 'confession' was nice to hear but at the wrong time. The second scene just looks sad, she is almost on the verge of tears (prbly from what she had to do right before the scene), her words just sound hurt.

I wanted to slap that MF's face though when he said 'I know you're hurt. I'll apologize in their stead.' He is not their parent who covers up their crimes with apologies!

But she actually saw the video months ago - long before their admission ceremony, and it's now that she thinks about it? I mean, I guess it's because of the gang's recent accusation, but Seok Hun has always shown her otherwise. The scene would have stood out more for itself if she hadn't brought Seol A up, but rather shown him her phone with the message - there would've been a use for him, even if it were useless for her to do so. As it is, it seems like a softer version of their face-off at EP15.

I def prefer EP 15's face-off: I love the way she shut him up with her statement - it was a power play. Her 'It disgusts me' is also the same. It was a scene of her throwing him away, she radiates dignity, confidence, independence.

Also, I love the way he asked 'why she should go if she hadn't done a thing wrong' - he's feeling with her, who is bullied, crying out how unjust it is, which gives her the perfect opportunity to tell him what he needs to hear - to make him feel compassion with the bullied for the first time, if he takes her words the right way.

For me, this is his perfect chance at redemption. I don't think Yun Hee will sign that withdrawal paper anytime soon. Before Ro Na gets back to school, which prbly needs to happen soon plot-wise, I hope he can clean up the toxicity within his class. It's his call to action.

I tend towards Yun Hee, due to the black sleeves - the blazer, as someone had pointed it out. (she might have pushed her off in a drunken haze), or that psychopath  - which is perfectly ok for me, besides from afar, it just might look as dark?

I hope as well the ship doesn't sink, since Ro Na can definitely find a loyal ally in Seok Hun (he is loyal to a fault and protective as well) at the very least, and he would be definitely healed by her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

I just joined the fun with this show...I haven’t posted on here in forever but I had to come and post something.

I just started watching a few days ago and have caught up to ep11

all I want to say is I wish I was watching with a bunch of friends and we can have a shot for every time a character on the show gets so angry and trashes everything...

we’d be drunk before the show ends...

The theatrics and dramatics are on another level but I can’t stop watching :popcornjackson:

• Like 2