[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Park Eun-seok, Penthouse starring confirmed, comeback after one year

74048_41530_276.jpg

Park Eun-seok returns to the home theater with SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse'.

On the 3rd, the agency Hunus Entertainment said, "Park Eun-suk confirmed his appearance as'Penthouse' Gu Ho-dong and is in the process of filming. He has tried the most radical transformation since his debut. It would be nice to look forward to it."

Park Eun-suk, who was selected as the male protagonist of'Penthouse', shows a radical acting transformation as'Koo Ho-dong', a physical education teacher at Cheong-A High School. Although he has a visual and slick personality from head to toe, he is a different species that does not compromise with anyone. As a person with a lot of secrets, it is expected of Park Eun-seok's reversal charm, which has changed 180 degrees from appearance to acting.

In particular, Park Eun-suk, who was praised for his acting as a villain reminiscent of the Joker, transformed into Ahn Ha-Mooin chaebol II in the KBS2 drama ``Doctor Prisoner'' last year.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=74048

Because Ha Seok Jin refuse the initial offer for the role of Logan Lee, they decide to chose Park Eun Suk for ther male lead and chose another actor for Ha Yoon Chul role. It happends. And they changed the role a little. He is not sick anymore?  Perhaps he is still the chaebol in disguise of a poor professor but I still  hope it is not the case. Everyone has to be rich?

They need someone morally corect to keep the heroine grounded somehow. We`ll see.

• Like 1

Kim So-yeon's'Penthouse' captured during filming, perfect prima donna figure

adab894c49a551e1ea1c7c27b3fd82ac9f9f1d90

Actress Soyeon Kim posted a photo on her Instagram on September 4th with a short comment entitled "Penthouse." The released photo is a capture of herself while filming the drama'Penthouse'.

source

• Like 2

Actor Lee Cheol-min was cast in the SBS drama “Penthouse”.

74319_41874_4914.jpg

In the drama, Lee Cheol-min took on the role of Tae-ju Yoon, the actual right arm of the penthouse of Joo Dan-tae (Um Gi-jun). It is expected to show the scene of a scene stealer who follows Dan-tae's wife Su-ryun (Jia Ji-ah), reports to Dan-tae, and monitors every step of the way through Dan-tae's personal assistant rather than activities within the company.

The agency said, "Please look forward to Lee Chul-min, who has shown abundant emotional acting while crossing the screen and the home theater, will unfold in his new work."

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=74319

The right man of Joo Dan Tae was not supposed to be Heo Sung tae`s character?Well, how knows? Probably two different characters.  It seams that Joo Dan tae is very controlling and suspisious that he wants his wife followed every step.

• Like 2

Actress Jin Ji-hee confirmed to appear in SBS “Penthouse.” A new transformation is announced as “Yoo Jenny”/Eugenie who dreams of becoming a singer.”

152842_148645_1002.jpg

This story depicts the solidarity and revenge of women who had no choice but to become evil women to protect their children.

Jin Ji-hee is the only daughter of Kang-Mari (Shin Eun Kyung) , who is living a secret double life in the drama, and plays the role of “Yu Jeni
/Eugenie,” who dreams of becoming a singer of the future.

http://www.goodnews365.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=152842

She has confirmed already a long time ago. :D But we have a character name this time.

• Like 3

Newbie actress Choi Ye Bin was cast in drama Penthouse

2020090909375804970d3244b4fed18217218612

Choi Ye-bin, who is performing her first drama  with'Penthouse', plays the role of Ha Eun-byul, the daughter of Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So-yeon). She, who majored in vocal music at Cheong-A High School, had a sense of inferiority that she could not satisfy Cheon Seo Jin (Kim So-yeon) with her ability to always stay in number two. She has a sensitive and emotional personality, has a gentle and good heart, but has a so-called good child complex that changes 180 degrees in front of Kim So-yeon. She, with a good and clear impression, amplifies her curiosity about what kind of growth she will show through this drama.

Yebin Choi is a student at the Korean National University of Arts. Several groups have started their activities with feature films and commercials, and last year, they reached the stage through the play'Allmost Main'. With this drama'Penthouse' as a foothold, he plans to continue his active activities by expanding his capabilities through various works in the future.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23867805

So Choi Ye Bin plays the older daughter of Seo Jin (Kim So yeon) and not Jung Da bin (like it was rumored). Maybe Jung Da Bin will play the young version of Seo Jin or another character. We don`t have official news about her taking a role in Penthouse.

Ha Eun-byul (Choi Ye Bin) is a sensitive girl and she is overwhelmed by her mother`s personality. It is hard to be her daughter. Eun Byul pretends to be someone else in front of her mother to please her but in the end, she can`t satisfy Seo Jin no matter how hard she tries. I feel for her already. As I already said, Seo Jin is her own worst enemy. She has everything to be happy and content but she can`t be happy. I don`t know if she will grow as a character and realise what she had and how destructive she was. Seo Jin will be the tragic figure that will be consumed by her desires without a chance to redeem herself? We`ll see.

It looks like Jo Dan tae (Uhm Ki Joon) and Shim So Ryun (Lee ji Ah) have a daughter as well, not only twin sons (played by Kim Young Dae). The actress name is Na So Ye ( a newbie or a child actress). I never heard of her. 

• Like 4

Actor Ha Do-kwon confirmed to appear in the drama'Penthouse'.
202009101048096434_d.jpg

In the play, Do-Kwon Ha will appear as a vocalist teacher Ma Doo-gi, who teaches the children of'Penthouse' who are preparing for the preliminary entrance exam.

Do-Kwon Ha started as a musical actor in 1994 and expanded his field of activity to drama. In particular, SBS'Stove League' received great love for the role of Kang Doo-gi, the national team's first starter, and is about to appear in the KBS Monday and Tuesday drama'Zombie Detective', which is scheduled to be broadcast in September.

'Penthouse' is'Do you like Brahms?' It is scheduled to be broadcast in the second half of the year.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202009101048096434

They announce the confirmation for the cast again, one by one. I bet the next one is Kim Young Dae .  :w00t: Or Kim Hyun soo.

• Like 4

On 9/9/2020 at 12:05 PM, larus said:

It looks like Jo Dan tae (Uhm Ki Joon) and Shim So Ryun (Lee ji Ah) have a daughter as well, not only twin sons (played by Kim Young Dae). The actress name is Na So Ye ( a newbie or a child actress). I never heard of her. 

More informations about newbie actress Na So ye.

a5796ffaef10e1ddb623d4c10b97352eccba0a55

Born in 2001, she will play the role of Joo Hye-in (supporting role), the daughter of Joo Dan tae (Uhm Ki Joon) and Shim So Ryun (Lee ji Ah).

source

Bong Tae Gyun updated his Instagram with a picture from the set.

source

• Like 2

I was wrong. :D The next cast presented is Lee Tae Vin.

Lee Tae Vin  Casting for "Penthouse".

74733_42414_450.jpg

Actor Lee Tae-bin confirmed to appear in ‘Penthouse’.

On the 11th, Crevic Entertainment said, “Lee Tae-bin was cast in SBS's new Monday-Tuesday drama “Penthouse” (overcoming Kim Soon-ok, director Joo Dong-min). “We are going to greet you with good acting, so please look forward to it.”

In the play, Lee Tae-bin plays the role of Lee Min-hyuk, the eldest son of conglomerates Lee Gyu-jin (played by Bong Tae-gyu) and Ko Sang-ah (played by Yoon Joo-hee), and majored in vocal music at Cheong-A High School.

He appeared this year in drama 365: One Year Against Destiny.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=74733

• Like 4

@larus Thanks for all the casting updates. So many younger cast. Feels like "sky castle" in a way like with all leads having  highschool aged children..  I've never seen a drama of the writer but  from what I've read last drama must not have favorable. I'm gonna check this becaue I like the cast. Drama better better be okay and consistent.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, jongski said:

Thanks for all the casting updates. So many younger cast. Feels like "sky castle" in a way like with all leads having  highschool aged children..  I've never seen a drama of the writer but  from what I've read last drama must not have favorable. I'm gonna check this becaue I like the cast. Drama better better be okay and consistent.

Yes, it gives a vibe of Sky Castle. I will be glad if it will be similar.  There are people who loves this writer`s style. I don`t like it so I am curious and worry in the same time, but I hope everything will be fine.

There are a lot of younger cast. Many of those kids are in art school. It is a little odd because I know that the rich people want their children on high profile schools (like law school, medical school, business).

I hope they will release promotional materials soon. I saw that MBC drama (who starts in the same day) has a teaser and lots of articles.

• Like 3

Teaser

I see So yeon and Uhm Ki Joon. So they have scenes toghether. Are nemessis or both are villains having an affair. I like it.

And there is a murder mystery?

I like the tense vibe. It looks promising. Fingers crossed for a good writing.

Finally we have some more informations

PKJFHYRQNAMSM2KENWQGKJ3WNA.jpg

'Penthouse' took off the veil by increasing the level of immersion from the teaser.

On the 22nd, SBS' new Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse' (played by Kim Soon-ok, director Joo Dong-min) released the first mood teaser.

'Penthouse' is an inaccessible queen of a 100-floor penthouse, a prima donna of the desire to devour everything, and a distorted desire that a woman running toward entering a high-class society cannot satisfy the real estate and education at No. 1 house price and No. 1 education. It is a drama about war. Through the story of women who had no choice but to become villains to protect their children, it is expected to give empathy and shock at the same time, fascinating the home theater at once.

The teaser that lasts for about 30 seconds embodies the overwhelming atmosphere, the huge scale, and the powerful presence of the actors, giving off a strong addiction. First, starting with the statue of the goddess Hera, which shows off her majestic dignity, the main characters of'Penthouse' such as Ji-ah Lee, So-yeon Kim, Yujin, Um Ki-jun, Eun-kyung Shin, Tae-gyu Bong, Jong-hoon Yoon, and Joo-hee Yoon appear with their eyes of shock, fear, and anger, and rob their eyes.

Above all, the beautiful statue of the goddess Hera, boasting a dazzling golden figure with big wings, with a magnificent sound that resonates in the heart gradually emerges. And below the statue of Goddess Hera, countless human statues that are entangled with each other trying to climb to the top are hanging in a strange shape. At the same time, the'Penthouse' logo surrounded by a sparkling golden circle emerges, drawing attention at once.

(Google translate)

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/09/22/YRFWGH6PDDRC7SJ2CBNC2EIF7U/

• Like 5

Watch: Eugene, Lee Ji Ah, And More Soil Their Hands To Reach The Top In Mysterious Teaser For Upcoming Drama “Penthouse”

59d83f3fe6284391aa04fde97ebc25ec.jpeg?s=

Sep 22, 2020
by L. Kim

Upcoming SBS drama “Penthouse” has released a thrilling new teaser!

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. The main cast includes Lee Ji AhKim So YeonEugeneUhm Ki JoonShin Eun KyungBong Tae GyuYoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

On September 21, the drama released a new trailer labeled as “mood teaser” that centers around a statue of Hera, the goddess of women, marriage, family, and childbirth. The 30-second clip gives a short but powerful glimpse of the corrupt and dangerous world the wealthy live in.

One woman falls from a building, and the main characters appear with eyes of shock, fear, and anger. The fallen woman lands in the statue’s embrace, and the goddess is now dripping with bright blood. People with fancy wigs who look like they just came out of an old musical stare at the sight in awe. This ambiguous and symbolic clip further increases curiosity about the tangled web of deceit the characters will become involved in.

Watch the full teaser below!

September 22 2020

First teaser trailer for SBS drama “The Penthouse”

First teaser trailer added for SBS drama series “The Penthouse” starring Lee Ji-Ah, Kim So-Yeon, and Eugene. Teaser trailer #1 shows the backdrop of the drama series, set at luxurious Penhouse Apartment Her Palace. The apartment complext is situated in the center of Gangnam, Seoul. Main characters played by Lee Ji-Ah, Kim So-Yeon, Eugene, and Uhm Ki-Joon  make brief appearances.

“The Penthouse” is now set to first air October 26, 2020 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Set around the luxury Penthouse Apartment with 100 floors.

Sim Soo-Ryeon (Lee Ji-Ah) was born into wealth. She is now an elegant woman of the upper class and she is like the queen of the Penthouse Apartment. Her husband is Joo Dan-Tae (Uhm Ki-Joon). He is successful in business and real estate.

Cheon Seo-Jin (Kim So-Yeon) was born into a wealthy family. She is arrogant. Her husband is Ha Yoon-Cheol (Yoon Jong-Hoon). He is a chief surgeon at a general hospital and an ambitious man.

Oh Yoon-Hee (Eugene) comes from a poor family background. She works hard for her children’s success. She wants to belong to the upper class for her children.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-sbs-drama-the-penthouse

• Like 4

One of my wishes was to see KIm So yeon and Uhm Ki Joon sharing a screen time in this drama. I am not sure if they are in conflict with a lot of sexual tenssion or they are already in an affair. :D Both are fine with me but I prefer the first scenario. I am looking forward to see the villains in action. I hope they will make their characters unforgetable.

69e4b42af4e0ef74c71da57a5162dea66ba86a8e

Come on, darlings! Do not dissapoint! :)

• Like 5

Actor Lee Ji-ah gave off the goddess beauty.

MJ3NGTEBMSCY6NVY72WJ7NNS5U.jpg

On the 23rd, Lee Ji-ah posted a photo on her Instagram along with the words "#Penthouse #Hera Palace #Shim Su-ryun #penthouse".

In the photo, Lee Ji Ah showed off her goddess-like figure in a pink long dress in the extravagant luxury apartment'Haera Palace' in the background of the new drama'Penthouse'. In particular, Jia Lee, who showed her slender legs, caught the eye with a picturesque visual. Lee Jia played the role of Shim Su-ryun, an elegant, noble and elegant upper class woman who has never been poor. Lee Jia, who returned to the home theater after about two years, is going to challenge a different acting transformation as a penthouse queen with a secret story.

Q3H4UHT4N46IPQLIEBRIWCTCHU.jpg

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/09/23/BLIHPSZ4F7MG27AIDIQ5YKWU54/

Instagram link

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The pictures from the first script reading were released.

76062_44067_1431.jpg

Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, Eugene, Um Ki-jun, Shin Eun-kyung, Bong Tae-gyu, Yoon Jong-hoon, Park Eun-seok, Yoon Joo-hee, and other SBS new monthly drama ‘Penthouse’ actors’ “first script reading” scene was revealed.

First, while director Joo Dong-min thanked the actors and production crew who attended the script reading, writer Kim Soon-ok also said hello and brought out a baptism of applause like passion. Following the greetings and introductions of the cast actors, in the reading of the first script in earnest, the actors of the ‘Penthouse Corps’ showed the best teamwork that fits well despite their first meeting.

First of all, Jia Lee, who has never been poor since birth, embodies the noble and dignified upper-class Shim Training Station with a tone that stands out with excellent concentration and soft charisma, and blends into the character of Shim Training. Kim So-yeon, who played the role of Cheon Seo-jin, a perfect prima donna, who is the crystal of splendor and dominance with her natural gold spoon, focused her gaze with her extreme immersion in her tone and tone. Eugene was born as Oh Yoon-hee, who has never been wealthy, and has lived repressively. He expressed enthusiasm by expressing the details in the decomposition dialogue in detail with eyes and gestures.
In addition, Um Gi-jun of Sim Su-ryun's husband, Ju Dan-tae, has a natural talent for business and real estate, transforming himself into a real estate guru who saves money for every business invested, and digested a perfectly tailored performance with his unique cold charisma and delicate emotion lines.

The production crew said, “From the reading of the first script of “Penthouse”, the passion of the actors, reminiscent of a real battle, was hotter than ever. He said, “I had confidence that a high-quality work would come out,” he said. “Please watch the ‘penthouse’ that will surely capture the home theater in the second half of 2020.”

(Google translate)

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=76062

Video from the first script reading

• Like 4

On 9/21/2020 at 9:23 PM, larus said:

I like the tense vibe. It looks promising. Fingers crossed for a good writing.

Powerful teaser.

Thank you from me too, for all the casting updates as well.

I did like some of this writer's previous Drama, but mostly because of cast members that I loved.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, irilight said:

I did like some of this writer's previous Drama, but mostly because of cast members that I loved.

I don`t like any of this writer`s previous dramas but I really, really wish this will be an exception for me. Because of So yeon I will watch no matter what. I will have an extra-motivation. The cast is good (I like all the cast) so it will be a pity to have a week plot. I like that we`ll have a mystery, I like that there is a strong ensemble cast, I like that it is a female centric drama, there will be a story for the older cast and the young cast. Let see the execution now. Fingers crossed. 

I hope you join the discussions from time to time.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2020 at 2:47 AM, larus said:

One of my wishes was to see KIm So yeon and Uhm Ki Joon sharing a screen time in this drama. I am not sure if they are in conflict with a lot of sexual tenssion or they are already in an affair. :D Both are fine with me but I prefer the first scenario. I am looking forward to see the villains in action. I hope they will make their characters unforgetable.

Come on, darlings! Do not dissapoint!

@larus Periodt! This post made me excited. Same thoughts. Adult dramas with adult actors.. top notch acting from them! I'm thinking sexual tension and conforntaton vibe like with ''The Good Wife"(Jeon Do Yeon and Yoo Ji Tae). I really like that kversion.

6 hours ago, larus said:

The cast is good (I like all the cast) so it will be a pity to have a week plot.

I hope this drama will be off to a good start with it's ensemble cast. Good script, strong strory execution. Viewers ate upThe World Of Married and Sky Castle. Both these adult dramas got viewers enthralled with the goings on and trappings of adult relationshions. :D

• Like 4

[Photos] Script Reading Stills Added for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Penthouse: War in Life"
photo1241101.jpg

Script reading stills added for the upcoming Korean drama "Penthouse: War In Life" (2020).

Directed by Joo Dong-min

Written by Kim Soon-ok

Network: SBS

With Eugene, Kim So-yeon, Lee Ji-ah, Uhm Ki-joon, Park Eun-seok, Yoon Jong-hoon,...

20 episodes - Mon, Tue 22:20
Synopsis
A story about a woman's desire, motherhood, and real estate success towards the entrance of high society.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2020/10/23

Spoiler

photo1241100.jpg

photo1241099.jpg

photo1241102.jpg

photo1241103.jpg

Spoiler

photo1241104.jpg

photo1241097.jpg

photo1241096.jpg

photo1241105.jpg

Spoiler

photo1241098.jpg

source

Edited by MinLyn
Please put more than 3 images in spoiler tags. Thanks.
  • Like 3

So Yeon and Eugene know each other. I know that Soyeon presented a music show (Inkigayo 1997-1999) and I am sure she presented SES (Eugene`s former group) too. Beside that, both have the same best friend, Bada. 

Funny fact. Eugene worked with Lee Sang Woo in All About My Mom and So yeon and Eugene`s husband, Ki Tae young were in the same drama (Mother of Mine) as well but they did not have many scenes together.

bzuzOA.gif

In Penthouse they will play two characters who hate each other. :w00t:

From the first script reading video, I realised every character is angry with someone. The isterical angry one was Seo jin (So yeon`s character).I know that this drama is about "War in Life", but I hope there aren`t many screaming/ shouting scenes. Let`s have a cat fight (in Sky Castle we saw one cat fight as well) and get over it.

• Like 3