[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

de35b779cfff4897887409b5ac036709.jpeg?s=

Watch: Lee Ji Ah, Uhm Ki Joon, And Kim Young Dae Show Their Passion For Action Scenes In “The Penthouse 3”

Jul 26, 2021

by L. Kim

“The Penthouse 3” has released a new behind-the-scenes video!

The clip shows Lee Ji Ah, Uhm Ki Joon, and Kim Young Dae filming the scene where Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah) attempts to injure Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon) but Joo Seok Hoon (Kim Young Dae) gets in the way.

Kim Young Dae approaches the camera and admits, “I just woke up. I don’t know what’s going on. I’m not fully awake yet. There’s going to be an accident. A really big one.” Then he explains, “My mom almost kills my dad and then I rescue him.”

The staff member points out he appears on a motorcycle, and the actor comments, “Yes, but I can’t drive a motorcycle. Always drive safely, everyone.” Then he turns away from the camera and laughs in embarrassment.

Spoiler

kim-young-dae1.jpg

Next, Lee Ji Ah, Uhm Ki Joon, and Kim Young Dae earnestly watch the stunt actors pull off some incredible stunts, and Lee Ji Ah can’t help but exclaim in awe. Kim Young Dae appears in front of the camera again and jokes, “Actually, that was me. Wasn’t it cool? I came back quickly, but it’s hard to do drifting after a long time.” A staff member asks him to get out of the way, and Kim Young Dae sheepishly hurries to the side. He remarks, “I was so into myself that I covered up the camera.

Spoiler

the-penthouse-3-12.jpg

Lee Ji Ah and Uhm Ki Joon team up to perform some of the dangerous stunts themselves. The two actors professionally immerse into their roles, but once the scene is over, Lee Ji Ah can’t help but tremble in fear. She exclaims, “I was so scared. My heart is still pounding. Uhm Ki Joon is fine, right? My legs are so shaky.” She checks on her co-star and explains, “I put in so much strength in the car. I was afraid you’d get hurt.” Uhm Ki Joon assures her that she did a great job, but Lee Ji Ah is still shaken.

Spoiler

uhm-ki-joon-lee-ji-ah.jpg

Watch the making-of clip below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1480817wpp/watch-lee-ji-ah-uhm-ki-joon-and-kim-young-dae-show-their-passion-for-action-scenes-in-the-penthouse-3

• Like 2

On 7/23/2021 at 1:20 AM, wildcherry said:

You think so…can you give some examples like why you think so. I’m sorry for asking you here, I just can’t bring myself to watch bcs my blood  boils much too fast whenI try watching:blush:

So the drama is still pretty much the same huh?  kekeke....  After season 1, I cannot bring myself to let my blood boil again...:tounge_xd:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

Let me get this straight, CSJ and JDT think they got the upper-hand by framing SSR for Logan's accident and they think they got rid of Logan Lee, SSR, and the real Jun Dan Tae. Also, they think they claimed back the penthouse and Cheong-Ah Academy but only to be fooled by Logan Lee and his family??? 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

it doesn't make any sense anymore, and Logan who comes back just with a few scratches on his face and is in great shape lol:joy:, they now make Rona and SK, a kind of superhero, soon the return of YH

now everyone is waiting to see how SEOJIN and DT will end up, I won't be surprised if EB is killing SJ

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

it doesn't make any sense anymore, and Logan who comes back just with a few scratches on his face and is in great shape lol:joy:, they now make Rona and SK, a kind of superhero, soon the return of YH

now everyone is waiting to see how SEOJIN and DT will end up, I won't be surprised if EB is killing SJ

Yah the show getting weird day by day... couldnt say much need to see next episode perhaps got clear. Hope to see the scene show how Logan recovery. The ending quite rush seems something missing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

I have to give it to SK. She is a fighter.  She doesnt take anyones BS.  Love how she escaped and fought everyone off, and grabbed JDT and made him hit his head lol.  If MSA would have fought more she probably wouldn't have been bullied as much.

Ikr...ep 8 is all to savage seok kyung.. her character will evolve from here... even she have been trapped inside that prayer home and locked up by Dante, she still the one bullied them... its soo fun watching her 'bullied' her fake father... :tongue:

• Like 1

Ugh Logan. They should have brought Yoon hee back. I do not get the appeal of Logan. Zero chemistry with SSR and no sex appeal. My opinion. Most. Boring. Corny. Character. Ever.  This show could have cut the fat by not having Logan so prominent and he should have stayed dead. I never liked this actor in anything I ever saw him in and this was no exception. That Alex monstrosity was disgusting. Bringing him back 2 more times shows how little they care about some of their viewers. But not surprising. Just Disrespectful.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, GingerK said:

Ugh Logan. They should have brought Yoon hee back. I do not get the appeal of Logan. Zero chemistry with SSR and no sex appeal. My opinion. Most. Boring. Corny. Character. Ever. 

Thank you so much. I thought I was the only viewer who felt this way.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

How did the storyline go from a bunch of spoiled kids singing to this :skull:

Spoiler

seok kyung was great today. i just know her personality is not going to let this slide, and i'm rooting for her

not Logan looking unscathed :skull:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I keep saying that we can't take this show seriously... but I'm just... wow... haha... Logan Lee.

He was wrapped up like a mummy for months, and suddenly he can walk? (I think he's wearing those MediHeal patches on his face. PPL? Haha.)

I thought Seo-Jin was obsessed with Yun-Hui her whole life? But she was actually obsessed with taking down Su-Ryeon? That came out of nowhere.

This week's winner is definitely Seok-Gyeong, who suddenly became Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill." And now the audience can feel free to cheer for her survival because she is no longer blood-relations with JUDANTE! (although that's not his real name anymore)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

On 7/30/2021 at 5:06 PM, marrez1 said:

I haven't watched yet, but this sounds fine to me.

20 hours ago, GingerK said:

Ugh Logan. They should have brought Yoon hee back. I do not get the appeal of Logan. Zero chemistry with SSR and no sex appeal. My opinion. Most. Boring. Corny. Character. Ever.  This show could have cut the fat by not having Logan so prominent and he should have stayed dead. I never liked this actor in anything I ever saw him in and this was no exception. That Alex monstrosity was disgusting. Bringing him back 2 more times shows how little they care about some of their viewers. But not surprising. Just Disrespectful.

I like the Dreads Bro Version, he was tacky, he was funny. Especially when he found every black in sk to be his bodyguard.

If I respond to how offended I am about that disgusting character well... Now I remember why my comment was deleted. Because I take huge offense to it and any trivialization of it.

Just now, GingerK said:

If I respond to how offended I am about that disgusting character well... Now I remember why my comment was deleted. Because I take huge offense to it and any trivialization of it.

Your joke comment was funny in an absurd roll your eyes way, the subject was not.

I came back here just to drop my opinion about Logan being back alive & why OYH is not being alive. Since the end of S2, I already said Logan will unlikely to die from the bomb, I can't remember which country drama crime genre show loves to use bomb & the character didn't die (even the character is just a small role in the drama). I've always stand on my point Logan will be alive with injuries before S3 started. When they broadcast S3 Ep1, though many screens showed Logan is died.  I still don't believe why:

1) The media didn't exactly said about his body or like mentioned the body is burnt/bomb into pieces at all. They just merely announced he is dead , is a stalker of Shim Su-ryeon, etc to put all fake JDT crime on him.

2) Remember the scene where Su-ryeon , Seokhoon & rona being at the bomb location? Have your thought why they go there & not a funeral place? I meant Suryeon  can just hold the funeral , I get that maybe the police doesn't want to release the body to her since she not his immediate family.

But Then, to me, the whole media scene already a clue that something is not right about Logan's death because it seems the police didn't have a body of him in the first place. NO I DON'T BELIEVE A BOMB CAN MAKE A BODY DISAPPEAR ENTIRELY. NO MATTER WHAT, so I believe the police just presumed him as died. Just because of his item left behind at the scene. No matter how big  the bomb impact, you can see a blur part of a body but is none in the end of S2, so I had always been having the mindset, he is alive with injuries & someone took the body after the bomb exploded which already shown this season. Also, fake JDT never really see Logan's body as died & left, how is he so 100% sure the bomb will kill. No one know the real impact of the bomb other than is Secretary since he is the one who gave to fake JDT & he by right should inspect the impact with the bomb creator before getting the parcel? Hence, how 100% sure are we to know the bomb will really kill someone.  I meant I get when a person closed to a bomb , the likelihood is high. Again, I said where is the body when the bomb exploded. none area near the car has the body, don't tell me about the flame cover it before it got big, you still can see it, even is bombed the body far, when it zoomed out , we can see it vaguely

I get some find it unrealistic that Logan can stand up after being bedridden for 6 months however my point is Logan being alive after the bomb is not said impossible. Since end of S2 till the day S3 Ep 1 was broadcasted, I already said either he was really dead or alive with injuries because I've seen a lot of drama seen like after the bomb the character didn't die just bedridden with injuries or just injuries for a few days. Again, read my above para, I said we all as a viewers may not know some bombs don't really kill someone actually. Is based on the big impact & the ingredient used. I admit, it is not realistic in real world, but how many of your know is not possible?? Is just sometimes is not really mentioned on the media in our real world. However, I agree on majority opinion about Logan standing up after bedridden for 6 months is unrealistic as for the scar maybe we just can say Ha Yoonchul skill is good ?

P.s. I'm not expert in bombs I only posting this as I watched a lot of crime drama & some crime drama has bomb ep & when during investigation scene, they will talk about the bomb impact even some of the forensic show how the bomb will impact hence I like learning it from there. Hence, I said Logan may not be dead since Day 1.

As for OYH, why writer still not bringing her back. I agree with  some loopholes some fans already mentioned. The episode where they showed how OYH fallen into the sea by CSJ. Yes, her leg is broken , she can't swim with one of her leg broken so she is dead. I agreed is not to use that to make OYH dead. However, the real reason can be she is dead because she not found earlier as staying to long in the sea & going way down to the sea where  the sea pressure will harm your body system (I can't explain but something scuba diver ppl will know). I know about Jenny's dad but the body to the sea again maybe that body may not be Yoonhee? but my point is there is still loophole which is the media didn't report the real truth of OYH's body. As well as the body , Jenny's father brought too, the one in Rona saw, the real OYH with broken leg body (p.s. if the writer making her dead)

As to whether what I said above  means OYH will be alive , I can't tell or say, half of me believe OYH is alive but save by who is really fake JDT's secretary. I can't tell. Will the writer bring back OYH , I still have hope for it because I still think is better for writer to clear her death's loopholes. If the writer already cleared the loophole for Logan's bombing (which I pointed out why I believe Logan is alive even I know he 'rescued' by CSJ, I'm sure  the writer knew her script has loopholes , the body with no injuries which even w/o the leg being broken, I still find it funny no mention about her scratches or those possible injuries when she kept pushing the car. To me, I still feel  definitely there are some injuries after she fall into the sea (I can't say is what but is definitely more than just leg broken)

Anyway in all this is my opinion, but I think Logan being alive from the bomb if you watch more crime shows from other country or maybe k- crime drama is not say unrealistic for being alive after a bomb. I know about the big fire bomb impact but to me is just a scene editing impact, in the writer story/script itself,  the impact may not be that big. Hence for me, maybe the filming  director want to show the big impact but  in the writer's script is not really that big impact as what the director  portray . Also, drama director just show us  is big, but is the bomb impact really big? again to me if it exploded the body should still be shown but no not even a single vague line of it, I don't believe the flame cover it as again, the media NEVER ONCE mentioned the body like they did for OYH even though we know OYH's body reported by the media is wrong. Still in ep1, the media NEVER focus or report about Logan's body being either burned until not able to recognized or some body part are separated. NONE, is all about putting the blame on Logan.

p.s. I want to emphasize strongly , I'm not a Logan & Su-ryeon shipper. I never like the ship in the first place, but since they are the famous ship couple. I can't deny the writer seems to always to change her drama script like this. However, my opinion about Logan being alive from Day 1 (aka end of S2) , I viewed him as alive with injuries not because I want the couple to have happy ending or follow most of the couple shippers. I viewed this way since Day 1 because I personally seen many this kind of bomb scene in other country crime drama and learn about how the bomb can create  a different impact level.  Thus I writing this post is not to defend the writer to bring Logan back  & not OYH because I'm a Logan & Su-ryeon shipper but someone who  have seen a lot of scene like how Logan is being bombed. I never feel the plot is unrealistic if not I will never thought about him being alive with injuries since Day 1.  I also want OYH to be alive, I still want the writer to clear those loopholes esp her dead body is different from what she portray at the cliff (i.e. the one CSJ is the one who made OYH fall off the cliff with a broken leg) 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, chickfactor said:

I keep saying that we can't take this show seriously... but I'm just... wow... haha... Logan Lee.

He was wrapped up like a mummy for months, and suddenly he can walk? (I think he's wearing those MediHeal patches on his face. PPL? Haha.)

I thought Seo-Jin was obsessed with Yun-Hui her whole life? But she was actually obsessed with taking down Su-Ryeon? That came out of nowhere.

This week's winner is definitely Seok-Gyeong, who suddenly became Uma Thurman in "Kill Bill." And now the audience can feel free to cheer for her survival because she is no longer blood-relations with JUDANTE! (although that's not his real name anymore)

I think logan already in good condition on 6 month HYC treated him. But he never report people in mask (CSJ) the truth. This seems something they not show us again. Maybe we will get it clear on next episode since tye ending on ep 8 seems rush.

• Like 1