[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

On 7/3/2021 at 4:14 AM, chococarmela said:

Yoonhee's one of my favorite characters, I like her more than Suryeon (to be completely honest, I find her overrated but Lee Jiah is an amazing actress!) I've liked her character since the beginning (except for when she murdered MSA) and Eugene did a great job playing her.

I too like OYH over SSR, also abt killing MSA, beside OYH inconsistent drunken state memory, do they have any solid evidence that its truly OYH who shoved MSA off the balcony? When a strong murderous JDT failed to do so? Drunken OYH, who barely can pick herself up to stand actually pushed the girl her size off the balcony? It still hard for me to believe that unless they found other clearer evidence pf OYH pushed MSA to her death.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wildcherry said:

do they have any solid evidence that its truly OYH who shoved MSA off the balcony? When a strong murderous JDT failed to do so? Drunken OYH, who barely can pick herself up to stand actually pushed the girl her size off the balcony?

Well the writer hasn't changed it, so yes. OYH did kill MSA. If you watched the first scene in the first episode, it was OYH there. But I do agree with you... I just don't think it's (real) BJK like everyone else says.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:
  Reveal hidden contents

OYH is alive, since her statue never broke in the season 3 intro. And there's a lot of things that add up to her being alive. 

You think so…can you give some examples like why you think so. I’m sorry for asking you here, I just can’t bring myself to watch bcs my blood  boils much too fast whenI try watching:blush:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

42 minutes ago, MAHJONG KING said:

OMG:wut::evilelmo:They are going to extend another 2 more eps.

Ahahahahh... i kinda happy nor stress at the same time...i am happy cause can see my favret actor and actress but stress the way writer will carried out the storyline... :sweat_smile:

Tonight episode got cancel! I am not sure if next week will cancel or not due Korean Team also have a match nextweek...:sleepy:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/22/2021 at 1:20 PM, wildcherry said:

I’m sorry for asking you here, I just can’t bring myself to watch bcs my blood  boils much too fast whenI try watching

That's fair! 

For one, when YH fell off, she broke her leg, but in the autopsy she had no injuries. Secondly, if she fell into the water, the (fake) DNA papers would've been wet, not perfectly dry... and the secretaries and YDP were in charge of dumping the body into the water. Third, in the season 3 intro, YH's statue did not break. It simply cracked. In the intro, if someone's statue breaks, that means they will die. Putting all these clues together? She's alive. And she's still in the main cast, so she will make a comeback somehow. We just have to wait and be patient for her return.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've totally lost interest with this season.

OYH's supposed death seems oddly out of place. First season SSR died at the end as a cliffhanger. Second season had LL blown up at the end also as a cliffhanger. So her being killed midway seems weird unless Eugene is cast in another drama and needed a clean exit. Or her death would be similar to Rona's in season 2. Meaning she could still be alive somewhere. 

I'd say the writer should just end it this season. The fact that they made SK as SSR's real daughter made me so mad. 

I have a suggestion for the ending finale. The whole building of Hera Palace engulfed in flames. JDT and his minions trapped at the top floor. SSR, her son and Rona will be at the airport to board a plane and leave the country for good.  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, chococarmela said:

That's fair! 

For one, when YH fell off, she broke her leg, but in the autopsy she had no injuries. Secondly, if she fell into the water, the (fake) DNA papers would've been wet, not perfectly dry... and the secretaries and YDP were in charge of dumping the body into the paper. Third, in the season 3 intro, YH's statue did not break. It simply cracked. In the intro, if someone's statue breaks, that means they will die. Putting all these clues together? She's alive. And she's still in the main cast, so she will make a comeback somehow. We just have to wait and be patient for her return.

But she was wrapped in plastic. She had to have suffocated.

On 7/23/2021 at 2:02 AM, MAHJONG KING said:

Airing of ‘Penthouse 3’ Episode 8 Cancelled to Give Way to Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony

I get the athletes have worked hard, but out of the two things, I'd rather watch this show and get on with finishing the story. I've worked hard too, lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

21 hours ago, chococarmela said:

That's fair! 

For one, when YH fell off, she broke her leg, but in the autopsy she had no injuries. Secondly, if she fell into the water, the (fake) DNA papers would've been wet, not perfectly dry... and the secretaries and YDP were in charge of dumping the body into the paper. Third, in the season 3 intro, YH's statue did not break. It simply cracked. In the intro, if someone's statue breaks, that means they will die. Putting all these clues together? She's alive. And she's still in the main cast, so she will make a comeback somehow. We just have to wait and be patient for her return.

I see…thank you for sharing. Since she supposedly fell off the cliff into the water & as you said the DNA paper is still dry & intact, means she didn’t actually fall in the water, probably landed on some kind of protruding stoned big enough to be like a platform, not that far down from where OYH’s fell. And maybe bcs she knew  someone really wants her dead, might as well gave them her “dead body”. She has money now, there’s no problem for her to get wax statue like those celebrities have them at Madame Tussauds…

O know Dr Ha is far from ideal, and not always a good person, but somehow I still ship him with OYH, and still hoping he is together with OYH’s in whatever their plan is. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I get the athletes have worked hard, but out of the two things, I'd rather watch this show and get on with finishing the story. I've worked hard too, lol.

Thats it. But netizen do have point againts it. Like @chococarmelapoint out here. So there is still hope. I do love to see OYH comeback even for me, OYH gone for goods as i see the point as technical error only... we will see this soon.. not trying to compete who will be right or wrong.. just take it as guess for fun since everyone have their own POV...

What can we do when they only care about rating. If they not show olympic but other channel got their team match, they probably will postpone it too...:dissapointed:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

But she was wrapped in plastic. She had to have suffocated

There's a theory that the body was potentially a dummy. Too far of a jump in logic... but it's Penthouse.

22 minutes ago, wildcherry said:

means she didn’t actually fall in the water, probably landed on some kind of protruding stoned big enough to be like a platform, not that far down from where OYH’s fell. And maybe bcs she knew  someone really wants her dead, might as well gave them her “dead body”. She has money now, there’s no problem for her to get wax statue like those celebrities have them at Madame Tussauds…

OYH has clearly smartened up over the last 2 seasons. She might've planned this herself. That's a great idea too!

24 minutes ago, wildcherry said:

O know Dr Ha is far from ideal, and not always a good person, but somehow I still ship him with OYH, and still hoping he is together with OYH’s in whatever their plan is. 

I don't know how I feel about Dr. Ha. He's very much an opportunist... I see OYH with Rona at the end, Rona is probably a world-class singer while OYH is the director of Chung-Ah Arts. Or maybe she becomes a professor at Seoul University. Perhaps she ends up becoming the Queen of Hera Palace?

• Insightful 3

The only reason that I tuned in to watch The Penthouse, in the first place, was because it featured Eugene among it's main players. The opening episode of season one ended with a spectacular flying kick, by the character of Oh Yoon Hee to the face of one of the criminal abusers of her daughter and her declaration that this was not over and she would see her daughter gaining her way into the prestigious, but horrible institution where bullying, assault, and occasionally, murder appear to included in the curriculum. I felt it was a great start and settled myself into watching a drama where certainly this would be heroine would, eventually, deal with the bad guys and put things right. This unraveled very quickly as we were treated witnessing unrelented abuse and torture foisted upon a poor, hardworking orphan, eventually killed at the hands of the only apparent "good guy" in the drama!

Knowing that these writers had a habit of changing the past, resurrecting the dead, and rewriting this tale of woe from episode to episode, I held out hope that the character of Oh Yoon Hee, although in her mind had already crossed into evil by even thinking about murdering some poor, unfornite innocent, had been too drunk to remember, and it was only in her mind that she became the murderer. However, after experiencing one ridiculous "jump the shark" episode after another, we finally see Oh Yoon Hee meet her fate while attempting a superhuman effort (Would the writers actually grant her real superpowers this time?) by attempting hold back two cars from forcing her off a cliff. The cars won, Oh Yoon Hee was pitched into the sea, the two cars following after and her body found, cold and dead, later to be wrapped in plastic, entombed inside of a wall at Hera Palace, and finally laid out on a slab in the morgue while her daughter grieved and swore to take out her own revenge plot. 

Was this the end of Oh Yoon Hee? In a story where the dead are often resurrected (or, at least, replaced with an exact twin) you could still hold out hope. But wait, there was another resurrection in the offing? Heading for the very least likely option, we see the still mysterious breathing body of Logan Lee, covered in third degree burns, somehow not blown to bits in that same powerful explosion that destroyed everything that he stood three feet away from, in Dr Frankenstein's laboratory awaiting his new life.

Logan Lee! The very same cowardly crybaby who, instead of charging into the scene and rescuing the girl who had been plucked and harvested to save his pampered life, watched impotently as they led her away to what would eventually be the trail of unrelenting misery, and torture, that led to her eventual death. Logan Lee! 

This is the character that the writers chose to return from the dead? It's not just the fact that his character only grew any actual "character" after these heinous crimes against humanity could no longer be prevented, or any proper justice handed out, but who out there among the watching public, in anticipation of this drama, was actually out there to see this Logan Lee guy? Among those serving in this stellar cast, the most famed, and acclaimed member is quite obviously the person who has long been noted as the country's national fairy. I can't be the only person out there who saw this drama as a comeback for Eugene and another opportunity to see her acting skills at play. We did get to see her play an array of emotions and and character traits. We saw her be good, turn bad, try to make up for the bad, then disposed of like the poor unfortunate lass whose demise was behind the main plot of this torturous, bad guys always win, snuff film. The good keep dying, and the bad keep on partying. 

Logan Lee?!! As long as we are going to resurrecting the dead, and apparently have the powers to do so, can't we bring back the one that most of us came to see in the first place? Why do I get the feeling that Oh Yoon Hee will eventually wake up from this nightmare and it will be her her daughter's first day at school where she will become feted and honored as the person who overcame great personal strife to win her place and gain acceptance from her peers and instructors? Wishful thinking, on my part. I don't think that any of us will ever actually awaken from this nightmare. The drama will end, and we'll walk away with that "thousand yard stare" that combat soldiers get from being exposed to, and numbed by too many unexplainable atrocities to comprehend.  On the good end though, the series is beautifully filmed and the players each look marvelous. Great packaging. Terrible product! :mellow: 

• Like 3