[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

I still think the plot of having Logan alive is still tacky. Penthouse 3 in my opinion is not as gripping as Session 1 & 2, too many death and resurrection, twins, doppelganger, and why build on the love angle of Bae Ro Na and Joo Seok Hoon, if the end result is Joo Seok Hoon going back to the devil, or is the writer going along the storyline of Romeo and Juliet for them. I am tired of seeing the bad guys always winning, and the good guys either dead or always losing. I know it's a makjang, but if it is too much over the top, it borders into the ridiculous.

• Like 3

Lee Jiah talked bout Penthouse while filming Sea of Hope 

Ji-ah leaving #SeaofHope filming place to #Penthouse’s filming: “I’ve lived as Suryeon for over a year now, it’s like I’m coming out of Suryeon for the first time in a long time. Even so. I have to go and crush them.”

THATS OUR QUEEN, lets crush em :wow1:

• LOL 1

There is a theory going around that Oh Yoon-Hee is Jun-Hee from Jun Dan-Tae's childhood flashback. Meaning that she is JDT's younger sister. What if that is true, and Oh Yoon-Hee found out while trying to discover who Min-Seol-Ah's twin sister was. 

I believe many don't want that to be true since it would make Bae Rona and Ju Seok-Hoon cousins. Ending that ship BUT they could fix that by revealing that Seok-Hoon is not JDT's real child. He is really Na Ae-Gyo and Doo-Man's child. JDT doesn't have kids. 

• Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, LD Lee said:

There is a theory going around that Oh Yoon-Hee is Jun-Hee from Jun Dan-Tae's childhood flashback. Meaning that she is JDT's younger sister. What is that is true, and Oh Yoon-Hee found out while trying to discover who Min-Seol-Ah's twin sister was. 

I believe many don't want that to be true since it would make Bae Rona and Ju Seok-Hoon cousins. Ending that ship BUT they could fix that by revealing that Seok-Hoon is not JDT's real child. He is really Na Ae-Gyo and Doo-Man's child. JDT doesn't have kids. 

What a evil fated if this is true. Not enough with OYH dying, but writer make her had be related to JDT which is quite disgusting when remembered what they have done before. It much more worst than LL and SSR loveline isnt it? Hope this not true...:tired: enough is enough... OYH is gone no need to torture her to this point...

I keep thinking how writer will make JDT character regret for the rest of his life like SK felt now. Is family relationship will make him feeling worst? As we dont know how far he love his sister... I begged please make it other way...:sad1:

Spoiler

On the previous episode of the SBS drama, Cheon Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) and Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon) framed Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah) for the murder of Logan Lee (Park Eun Suk), but viewers were shocked to see Logan Lee appear in front of Shim Soo Ryeon while she was being taken away by his family. Ha Yoon Chul (Yoon Jong Hoon), who had been been treating Logan Lee as instructed by Cheon Seo Jin, was also captured by Logan Lee’s family. How will Shim Soo Ryeon, Logan Lee, and Ha Yoon Chul punish Cheon Seo Jin and Joo Dan Tae?

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Shim Soo Ryeon, Logan Lee, and Ha Yoon Chul gather in one place to vent their anger. The three of them are interrogating someone to find out the truth. Shim Soo Ryeon stands with her arms crossed, and she glares daggers at someone. Yet, there is a hint of sadness and desperation in her eyes. Meanwhile, Ha Yoon Chul looks enraged as if he doesn’t believe what happened, and Logan Lee’s gaze is blazing with fury.

lee-ji-ah.jpg

yoon-jong-hoon.jpg

park-eun-suk.jpg

It hasn’t been easy to see these three actors in a single scene together, and while filming this important moment, the three actors passionately performed their lines at different angles. As soon as filming ended, they stepped out of their characters and created a warm atmosphere on the film set.

The producers of “The Penthouse 3” praised the actors for being able to express their characters’ emotions with great detail and shared, “We hope you enjoy the thrilling performance of Shim Soo Ryeon, Logan Lee, and Ha Yoon Chul, which you will be able to see in episode 9 [that airs today].”

Credits: soompi

I think what happened at both CSJ and JDT's public events on episode 9 of Season 3 was suppose to happen on Episode 20 of Season 1 when CSJ and JDT had similar public events. JDT was suppose to be revealed as the killer of Min Seol-Ah AND CSJ was revealed to be her father's killer. Sending both to prison. That was suppose to be the end of the series.     

• Like 3

once again, it's a shame to have made CSJ a killer, a killer with a lot of blood , admittedly she was already bad at the start of the drama, but she was much better as a kind of anti-heroine, I'm really disappointed with the turn of this character, and eunbyeol who's going crazier than ever, again I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one who kills CSJ her mother

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marrez1 said:

once again, it's a shame to have made CSJ a killer, a killer with a lot of blood , admittedly she was already bad at the start of the drama, but she was much better as a kind of anti-heroine, I'm really disappointed with the turn of this character, and eunbyeol who's going crazier than ever, again I wouldn't be surprised if she's the one who kills CSJ her mother

I think in the beginning they want to make CSJ the antihero just like Min Yura but to extend the story into 3 seasons, they have to create lots of twists and turns and finally CSJ is the main vilainness again.

Won't they take the TLE route where EB have her memories of CSJ forgotten, just like how Princess Ari forgot SKH? but thats so boring, its like KSO rehashing old plot twists twice.

For me though, the main reason why this season is a mess started back in season 2, they wasted time and overextended the drama regarding Cheong Ah' festival, the drama regarding fake soprano, blah blah blah, when all the time dedicated to of these could be used to : reintroducing the real JDT and/or the return of YDL.

For me introducing these 2 characters in season 3 feels a bit too late, resulting in a mess of pacing and mumbo jumbo of plot twists and rushed scenes that is the season 3.

So I beg to disagree a bit from others in this forum, the whole mess here started back from season 2. It is in season 2 as well where they start to get onboard with the "resurrecting" characters habit.

For the overall season 3 plot quality, really, i'm too unmotivated to write anything anymore, the whole story feels like insult to my brain .... sure the bad guys keep winning but they also keep resurrecting the good characters so its like 1:1. It does sure like watching an endless version of Tom & Jerry cartoon which is very, very bad.

I'm thinking of dropping it like 4-5 eps ago but i'm already make it this far, so ...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

18 minutes ago, abwxyz said:

I think in the beginning they want to make CSJ the antihero just like Min Yura but to extend the story into 3 seasons, they have to create lots of twists and turns and finally CSJ is the main vilainness again.

Won't they take the TLE route where EB have her memories of CSJ forgotten, just like how Princess Ari forgot SKH? but thats so boring, its like KSO rehashing old plot twists twice.

Season 3 turned CSJ into SKH. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they did make EB forget about her.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, abwxyz said:

sure the bad guys keep winning but they also keep resurrecting the good characters so its like 1:1. It does sure like watching an endless version of Tom & Jerry cartoon which is very, very bad.

I'm thinking of dropping it like 4-5 eps ago but i'm already make it this far, so ...

yes.. it's more like cartoon movie for me.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 9:04 PM, Marshi said:

What a evil fated if this is true. Not enough with OYH dying, but writer make her had be related to JDT which is quite disgusting when remembered what they have done before. It much more worst than LL and SSR loveline isnt it? Hope this not true...:tired: enough is enough... OYH is gone no need to torture her to this point...

I keep thinking how writer will make JDT character regret for the rest of his life like SK felt now. Is family relationship will make him feeling worst? As we dont know how far he love his sister... I begged please make it other way...:sad1:

Remember tLuke and leia of star wars they kiss on the empire strile back no one thought they are twin  borther and sisteers

I wonder whose the main character on this show... Seems like JDT and CSJ only is the main. Because they had more screentime... Thats why they can killed OYH character freely... This drama different from others because villain got nominated like before this UKJ and CSJ nomimated in drama award ceremony... 

8 minutes ago, Mic gon said:

Remember tLuke and leia of star wars they kiss on the empire strile back no one thought they are twin  borther and sisteers

Ya thats why i said the its was disgusting situation if they made it like that.. :tired:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Marshi said:

I wonder whose the main character on this show... Seems like JDT and CSJ only is the main. Because they had more screentime... Thats why they can killed OYH character freely... This drama different from others because villain got nominated like before this UKJ and CSJ nomimated in drama award ceremony... 

Ya thats why i said the its was disgusting situation if they made it like that.. :tired:

TBH I think the originally main characters are CSJ-OYH-SSR trio but then like Baeksang happened and both main villains got nominations (KSY even went on to win it) and suddenly the producers think "Hey! these 2 characters are popular! let's make them do WORSE things even MORE! give them more SCREEN TIME!" so they switched the main character portion to these 2.

When I think about it again, out of all characters in PH, only UKJ and KSY got commercial ads based on their respective character :sweat_smile:

Also, I just noticed something funny

JDT before the PH event (maniacal, unstoppable serial killer) :

- Massacred his former boss' families and went to become wanted criminal in Japan

- Killed his lovers' fiancee with a mob (complete with machine gun) in US

- Killed Hye In's real mother

JDT during PH event (a shadow of his pre-PH self ... :tounge_xd::

- Tried to kill his former wife but failed

- Tried to kill a high schooler but failed

- Failed to kidnap a high schooler and got bug sprayed LOL

- Tricked and sabotaged on his expensive property launch projects soooooo many times (does anyone count?) It happened so often that I actually lost count ... :joy:

Edited by abwxyz
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, abwxyz said:

TBH I think the originally main characters are CSJ-OYH-SSR trio but then like Baeksang happened and both main villains got nominations (KSY even went on to win it) and suddenly the producers think "Hey! these 2 characters are popular! let's make them do WORSE things even MORE! give them more SCREEN TIME!" so they switched the main character portion to these 2.

When I think about it again, out of all characters in PH, only UKJ and KSY got commercial ads based on their respective character :sweat_smile:

Baeksang held after s1 and s2 finished right? Even UKJ and KSY nominated as leading actor and actress which is the higher award and KSY won it. So that actually they are the main from the start. I never see any drama got their actor or actress that play villian role nomimated in that category. Only Penthouse can do all unexpected thing. :lol:

• Like 2

No matter the screentime, all the main and even the secondary cast have become very popular, even the one playing Logan,
I can't wait to see the next projects  for all , but I think the majority will want to rest a little first, but I think they have probably received offers to play lead characters.
Kim Young Dae already has another drama to shoot soon

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marshi said:

Baeksang held after s1 and s2 finished right? Even UKJ and KSY nominated as leading actor and actress which is the higher award and KSY won it. So that actually they are the main from the start. I never see any drama got their actor or actress that play villian role nomimated in that category. Only Penthouse can do all unexpected thing. :lol:

Yeah in between S2 and S2. Ohh in regards to Baeksang, many actor/actresses nominated the award for playing villain roles before! Notable ones are Namgoong Min for Remember, Kim Seo Hyung for Sky Castle, and Lee Yoo Ri for Jang Bo Ri is Here! (which is another KSO creation haha)

Jung-Bo Seok even won his Best Actor for Giant, and Go Hyun-Jung won the grandest prize (Daesang) for playing Lady Mishil in Queen Seon-Deok. But yes, KSY's won for Best Actress is a first for villain role in that category!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Marshi It's not really about if you're a good guy or villain. It's about how much impact and attention your character has in the drama. Out of the three female leads, Kim So yeon caught most people's attention in the first season. And that's only because this writer always does a better job at writing her villains than her protagonists.

• Like 3