[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

34 minutes ago, fanofr said:

The case you quoted is two people raised as siblings.  LL & SR were not raised as family.

There was a kdrama few years ago of a two baby girls who were accidentally placed in the wrong cribs. When it was discovered about 18 years later, they were switched back.  The girl who was raised as sister to this boy fell in love. They argued that they are not biologically related. The Korean audience agreed and wanted them to be together.

I am not sure. I remember one screen where he went berserk when he saw blood on his hands. Yet many times we have seen him look at blood with a smile. Even after hitting EB, he was smiling as he washed off the blood.

I grow tired of all the false identities and fake deaths.

No, the law insists that no matter what kind of the relationship is (adoptive or biological, estranged siblings or grew up together), family is family, you can't have a romantic relationship with family members. But some will still excuse that from the scientific point of view, their DNA isn't the same, therefore they can marry and have children.

And Why do we need to keep arguing about whether LLxSR is incest or not when KSO already decided to get rid of that doubt and MSA isn't  SR's real child anymore? 
It's TRUE that there were people, even on this forum, who kept pointing out that it's weird to ship LL with his adoptive sister's mother.  KSO acknowledged it (that's why we had the police's monologue scene) and she solved that problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

No, the law insists that no matter what kind of the relationship is (adoptive or biological, estranged siblings or grew up together), family is family, you can't have a romantic relationship with family members. But some will still excuse that from the scientific point of view, their DNA isn't the same, therefore they can marry and have children.

And Why do we need to keep arguing about whether LLxSR is incest or not when KSO already decided to get rid of that doubt and MSA isn't  SR's real child anymore? 
It's TRUE that there were people, even on this forum, who kept pointing out that it's weird to ship LL with his adoptive sister's mother.  KSO acknowledged it (that's why we had the police's monologue scene) and she solved that problem.

I am not aware this is an argument. I thought we are sharing our views here.

As I said I am one of those who do not like SR to be wit LL.  Putting aside that I dislike LL's character, I do find it yukky for SR to be involved with her daughter's adoptive brother.  However I also object to calling their relationship incest. Incest is a filthy word & does not fit the situation here.

Weird & uncomfortable, yes.  Incestual relationship, no.

• Like 2

A "weird feeling" is just a sugar-coated way of calling LLxSR an incestuous relationship since different countries have different laws and moral codes. But still, LLxSR is like  a child play compared to the other UK UK shows that I've watched, not to mention nowadays people can find problems with everything and the "Autumn in the heart" era is like a once upon a time story that modern-day audience can't feel sympathetic anymore.

• Like 1

When I say 'weird feeling" that Is just what it is.  It means there is nothing illegal about it. I am not comfortable as in it is not something I would do. Am not sure if it is morally right/wrong so it remains a weird feeling.  If you think LL & SR relationship is incestuous, then there shouldn't be any 'doubke in-laws' or 'co-in-laws' in Korea! 

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

I'm not watching this season but as the one responsible for this thread, I hope that everyone can discuss this drama amicably. I know that we tend to bring in reality in our arguments and debates but let's keep in mind that this is a drama and should be treated as fiction. I'd appreciate it if we can just enjoy the show and discuss things that don't attack one anothers laws/moral codes.

Thank you!

• Like 4

Not trying to start another round of debates. Just my view that nothing about the show should be considered moot. Firstly, i think it goes against the spirit of a forum & secondly, Esp knowing the writer's style.  Never take any scene at face value! 

Instead we should all learn to put our views across respectfully. 

Peace!

• Like 2

I haven't watched the ep with subtitles yet, but I hate Seok Kyung. All of this was her fault, and I am going to love SSR slapping her next episode. Because SK is going to find out what her actions caused, and prob be sarcastic about it and not care.

I hope that finding out that SK is her bio daughter doesn't make SSR suddenly forgive SK for all of her actions. Because I feel like SSR doesn't treat SK differently because they are not blood related. SSR can love SK while at the same time holding her accountable for her actions, that's being a parent. Also sometimes no matter how hard to try you can't make your kid be a good person, no matter how hard you try.

I just don't know how they do a redemption arc for SK at this point. Especially if OYH is actually dead. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, youactlikeicare said:

I haven't watched the ep with subtitles yet, but I hate Seok Kyung. All of this was her fault, and I am going to love SSR slapping her next episode. Because SK is going to find out what her actions caused, and prob be sarcastic about it and not care.

I hope that finding out that SK is her bio daughter doesn't make SSR suddenly forgive SK for all of her actions. Because I feel like SSR doesn't treat SK differently because they are not blood related. SSR can love SK while at the same time holding her accountable for her actions, that's being a parent. Also sometimes no matter how hard to try you can't make your kid be a good person, no matter how hard you try.

I just don't know how they do a redemption arc for SK at this point. Especially if OYH is actually dead. 

Yaa I think the same. Seok Kyung really has cross the line. She got no empathy at all, always full of herself. Not feeling guilty and apologetic at all. Always blame others, never reflect on herself. 

JDT used her to the fullest since knew the fact.  That's why she grew up being a spoilt brat. 

• Like 4

You're telling me that NAG only had one child and that SSR is the one that had twins? And SK is MSA's twin sister? C'MON, You expect me to believe all this?? 

Edited by LD Lee
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

So, no one can ever get another copy of DNA results? That’s it, one copy, never again?

that ending was ridiculous, but that’s this show for you, lol. I was practically screaming, pull EB out the side door, and let the car fall!

I feel like I want someone to @  me. when JDT dies. Getting quite sick of his grin. 

• Like 5

So I'm actually half correct, I guessed that SK is her biological daughter but I didn't guessed that they were twins! I guess I was too distracted by the fact that SSR didn't manage to carry out a DNA test on MSA.

Personally, I don't think OYH will die, it's too early in the season. 

Hopefully EB will reunite with CSJ soon. 

Also, whose body is that?!?!?

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

that ending was ridiculous, but that’s this show for you, lol. I was practically screaming, pull EB out the side door, and let the car fall!

Exactly! 

There are a lot of bugs in this show. In KSO's eyes, drama comes first, logic comes second.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

10 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So, no one can ever get another copy of DNA results? That’s it, one copy, never again?

I feel like I want someone to @  me. when JDT dies. Getting quite sick of his grin. 

I had enough with this series to the point I will turn my eyes blind to any ridiculous scene... :P I just wanna enjoy finished watching it cause I don't like watching half away for any drama I follow... :popcornjackson:

Btw, MSA is still Suryeon daughter so that writer never intend to stop the viewer criticism of Logan-Suryeon relationship as I said before that actually theres nothing wrong with their relationship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another thing that’s bugging me about the logic of this show, or of JDT, rather, is, why switch SA with another child? She was already weak, he just had to hook her up to tubes and make her weaker and string SSR along. It’s easier then for blood tests etc to match up and for SSR to be strung along. 

and he could simply have her be weakened with poison or whatever behind the scenes as he was doing to Hyein all along. In the meantime, he brought in another woman who ended up complicating his life down the road. 

but then these super villains aren’t as clever as they think. They just have a lot of attitude and bluster and manpower and that’s what gets them places.

• LOL 2

Wouldn't the Japanese police still be looking for fake JDT? I feel like exposing those wanted posters and that he is a fake would be the way to ruin him. I mean real JDT has to have school pictures and stuff to prove his identity. 

I did not want SK to be SSR's daughter. Mostly because I hate her character and want her to be tied to fake JDT instead. I think she would be horrified to find out her father was poor and thats the bloodline she comes from. She takes pride in their money, but also that they aren't new rich.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I've underestimated KSO. This show's logic has gone beyond this planet. Not to mention that Cheon Seo Jin keeps mentioning how SSR and OYH  acting like real sisters and Seo Jin is a secret professional prophet since season 1, and OYH's dad is a mysterious plot point too, what if it turns out that OYH is the illegitimate love child of SSR's father? lmao

:hypehype:

Edited by CattleyaLuv
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1