[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

I hate this show so much. It makes no sense for the writer to be reusing the same storyline or plot. 

It is really frustrating when Kdramas make black people the gangsters. The anti-blackness in Korean entertainment....

I hated that scene in season 2 where the black people threw YC in the water and i am so disgusted by the new character in this show. It makes no sense that a rich guy is speaking AAVE when he has obviously lived in an area with only white people. Even if he lived around black people it still makes no sense for him to speak AAVE. I won't call what he had on his head locs becuase they are twists but i know what the production meant.

It is bad enough that the show makes no sense anymore and is getting boring.

Obviously the writer is going to make this dude the real logan lee and reuse the Na Aegyo and Suryeon plot or you will make him pretend to be Suryeon and then he will start liking her. 

Penthouse should have ended in Season 2. This season is irrelevant. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I love seo jin, she is the queen:joy:, she is the best actress here
currently i'm not surprised to know that there is logan's brother, suddenly they took over the actor, his outfit is hummmm, sorry, i imagine he will change to look like his logan brother in next episodes.

Otherwise I love the fact that Eunbyol reappears, she was missing a bit in this drama, look a little, it takes her appearance for the plot to become even more interesting. I am not surprised for the tutor, it is very harmful, not to mention the drugs she gives to the poor girl
 Yoonchul gets sexier and sexier, I think he is not stupid he will try to take revenge, he approached dantae for that

i don't believe YoonHee is betraying suryeon, but she is hiding something, currently i like that she does everything she can for her daughter

• Like 2

A little rant on this episode.

1. SSR and OYH pushed CSJ off a cliff and then hired people to save her. I seriously don't know why the writer thinks this is a good idea. That contributed NOTHING to the plot. 

2. I believe Alex Lee was created just so they can "kill off" Logan Lee. Logan Lee was "killed off" as a cliffhanger in S2 just so the audience can be excited for S3. 

3. The alliance between the bad people, including JDT, LKJ and HYC was questionable. If being locked up in prison has taught them anything, it's to make them more evil. What's the point of locking all of them up if they will weasel their way out of jail? 

4. CSJ joining hands with JDT. Clearly she didn't learn what happened to her last season. You can't control JDT over some dumb threat.

5. BJK attempted to kill JDT but was stopped by SSR makes no sense. JDT can pretty much report them for attempt murderer. Even if there isn't any survillance cameras, there are so many people who witnessed the scene. 

Overall, this episode was such a mess. The only time I enjoyed it was when they revealed JBH working under JDT. Season 3 would be a better season if JDT was killed off in the first few episodes and introdude Jenny's dad as the new villain.

• Like 4

I believe this show has finally jumped the shark. This show should had concluded in Season 2. S2 Episode 12 was a great conclusion to the series. If they wanted to, they could of added Episode 13 and make it a time jump so that Rona and OYH re-unite and wrap up their storyline.     

Edited by LD Lee
  • Like 4

For me actually, they can use cameo to potray Alex Lee character. No need to use the same actor since they are not twin.  Unless the writer thinking to make Alex Lee as important character in this season. 

Btw, I start to giving up on this series since S2 end. That's why as I said before I just wanna to enjoyed this season without thinking hard their nonsense plot. :expressionless::popcornjackson:

Edited by Marshi
  • Like 4

I really want to know why Seokhoon left the test center because the man just said that he looked like his father.

This show is proof that a show needs more than one writer because a lot of things are happening and they don't make sense.

I did skip a lot of SR's scenes. I am just tired of her crying for logan.

Is YC even going to go see his daughters. 

Although i don't think that the first scene was necessary i do understand why it was there.

I only liked the scenes where RN sprayed Dantae and she reunited with her mom.

I don't think that YH will betray SR but i won't blame SR if she starts suspecting YH.

I actually thought about this and i think that SR thinks of RN as her kid.

This episode had some scenes that i hope that SBS and the actor apologizes for and they remove them

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Songbae said:

I really want to know why Seokhoon left the test center because the man just said that he looked like his father.

This show is proof that a show needs more than one writer because a lot of things are happening and they don't make sense.

SK left because he didn't want to take part of a corrupted college entrance exam where the judges are influenced by his father.    

• Like 6

The writer seems using Logan character popularity to gain viewer. As I remembered during SSR character died in S1, she's not really use this kind of tactic. :sweat_smile::relieved:

Edited by Marshi
  • Like 1

just dropping here, i'm not a viewer but got curious due to the newest problematic issue, and wondering what the storyline is for this guy. is this writing explainable? 

was it necessary for park eun seok's character to have like 10 black bodyguards on top of his appearance? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marshi said:

The writer seems using Logan character popularity to gain viewer. As I remembered during SSR character died in S1, she's not really use this kind of tactic. :sweat_smile::relieved:

Oh, I had a different interpretation. I thought ‘same old’.  SSR was alive but pretended to be NAG.  Is Alex really Alex or is he Logan? And sadly the way Alex appeared, I really don’t care if he is Logan or not. Was his appearance supposed to be a comic relief? The whole scene was actually distasteful. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, agenth said:

just dropping here, i'm not a viewer but got curious due to the newest problematic issue, and wondering what the storyline is for this guy. is this writing explainable? 

was it necessary for park eun seok's character to have like 10 black bodyguards on top of his appearance? 

I think the writer thought they could get away having a character that was an inspiration of SKULL, a Korean raggae singer that was last active in 2016. They weren't much problematic back then but things are different now. 

This came out in 2021.  

Edited by LD Lee
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, fanofr said:

Oh, I had a different interpretation. I thought ‘same old’.  SSR was alive but pretended to be NAG.  Is Alex really Alex or is he Logan? And sadly the way Alex appeared, I really don’t care if he is Logan or not. Was his appearance supposed to be a comic relief? The whole scene was actually distasteful. 

I mean we know that in ep 1 and 2 trailer they use Logan character again to make viewer curiosity high so that we will keep stayed watching it. If they keep do that for next episode people will get tired and withdraw from watching this show little by little. 

I am not knowing much about their culture appropriation that they are talking about. But the scene seems not really showing the negative side for me. As we don't know maybe his brother really live in different culture in US like afrika-US culture. So they just want to show the world this kind of unique culture. Its not showing to violence or else for me. Sorry if this will offended u guys as this is my personal opinion. 

I don't know how much they can use the Alex character but I hope they thinking the proper way to wrapped up with this character.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marshi said:

I mean we know that in ep 1 and 2 trailer they use Logan character again to make viewer curiosity high so that we will keep stayed watching it. If they keep do that for next episode people will get tired and withdraw from watching this show little by little. 

I am not knowing much about their culture appropriation that they are talking about. But the scene seems not really showing the negative side for me. As we don't know maybe his brother really live in different culture in US like afrika-US culture. So they just want to show the world this kind of unique culture. Its not showing to violence or else for me. Sorry if this will offended u guys as this is my personal opinion. 

I don't know how much they can use the Alex character but I hope they thinking the proper way to wrapped up with this character.

I don't know about that. I have a strange feeling that he is actually Logan and the whole wardrobe change and tattoos are actually to coverup the scars he suffered from the blast. Cause otherwise its kinda weird that he has so many tattoos focused on his face and neck and sparsely on his hands.

I don't know... This is just my thought.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, adla said:

I don't know about that. I have a strange feeling that he is actually Logan and the whole wardrobe change and tattoos are actually to coverup the scars he suffered from the blast. Cause otherwise its kinda weird that he has so many tattoos focused on his face and neck and sparsely on his hands.

I don't know... This is just my thought.

I am thinking what the point of that scene if he try to be he's brother. And why did he told her about the 10billion money in the safe since he's the one giving the key to Yoon Hee. As for me he's really Logan brother since I can't brain the reason he's doing that. 

• Like 2