[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

On the 28th, SBS' new Monday-Tuesday drama'Penthouse' unveiled Lee Ji-ah, who transformed into an alluring goddess Shim Su-ryun.

01.23932025.1.jpg

'Penthouse' is a group of actors in the golden line-up armed with solid acting skills such as Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon, Yujin, Um Ki-jun, Shin Eun-kyung, Bong Tae-gyu, Yoon Jong-hoon, Park Eun-suk, and Yoon Ju-hee, and is unique in'My Sister is Alive' and'The Dignity of the Empress'. Writer Kim Soon-ok, who showed her writing skills, and director Joo Dong-min, who led a favorable reception with detailed and sensuous direction in'Return' and'The Empress's Dignity', are predicting a unity of spirit and divergence of synergy.

01.23932026.1.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202009289177H

Shim Su Ryun (Lee Ji-ah) is born in a chaebol family through the'Penthouse' and is raised with generous love from her family. In the play, Shim Su-ryun is the queen of Hera Club, who is recognized by all the residents of Hera Palace, and has a beautiful appearance and gentle character. She endures a choking and frustrating marriage with her husband Joo Dan-tae (Um Gi-jun) and does her best as a motherand a wife, but keeps a secret story that no one knows about.

In'Penthouse', which has returned to the home theater after about two years, the curiosity is rising about what Shim Su-ryun will be born by Lee Ji-ah, who is predicting a completely different acting transformation from the role he has played so far.
https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/09/28/PCCA6DCPOAXL3FG5WOWTGDANIA/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Penthouse, 펜트하우스 - Mon & Tue - Premieres in October 26th

The official site is being contructed little by little. They are behind the MBC but I hope it is just a strategy and they are ready.

The introduction of the drama and character`s intentions on the official site:

A penthouse that continues to be loved by many wealthy families with the best views and excellent privacy protection!

Who really lives there that shook the royal floor of the apartment?
What did they save money for, and how far will their desires end?

To an endless high place... to a higher place... What was the reason I wanted to go up,

What awaits on the top floor they dreamed of?
Are they happy now?

Are there secrets of each?
I don’t hesitate to do all kinds of bad things for my child here
There are three women running towards the top.

Shim Soo-ryun, the mother of penthouse twins who shed bloody tears while pledged to revenge the bad adults who have trampled the life of my child.

Seo-jin Cheon, the best mother of prima donna in Korea, striving to pass on her honor and spotlight to her daughter who is less skilled in all aspects than herself.

Oh Yun-hee, a mother who turns into a monster while struggling with her life aiming to enter Hera Palace, the best residential-commercial apartment in Korea, not to pass on poverty to her daughter.

This story of women who had no choice but to become a villain to protect their children.
It is a story of women's distorted desire and real estate success.

Through the lives of these three women
Even at this moment, with responsibility, justice and conscience behind
Looking at the upper floors and trying to go up
I want to think about human endless desires.

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/penthouse/about/66539

Actress Jo Soo-Min has been cast in drama Penthouse.

76441_44535_2319.jpg

Jo Soo-min plays an orphan, Minseol-ah' but with excellent brain and talent. She is a math tutor for students living in the high-end apartment “Hera Palace,” who has lived the opposite life to the residents. Intertwined with the secrets of the residents of Hera Palace, it is expected to play an activity like the eyes of a typhoon.

Jo Soo-min's management agency Awesome E&T said, "Jo Soo-min is shooting with the determination to show an extended acting spectrum through'Minseol-ah' with a three-dimensional charm."

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=76441

Shim Su Ryun (Lee Ji Ah) has twins: a son Joo Seok Hoon (Kim Young-Dae) iand a daughter, Joo Seok Kyung (Han Ji Hoon) and another daughter Joo Hye-in (Na So Ye) . It looks like she is the one who kills the woman and Oh Yoon Hee (Yu Jin) will witness that and receive the money. I suspected that. I thought only Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) is the villainess in this drama but there are no innocent people here.  That makes the drama more interesting.

Jo Soo Min`s character has a young sibling at the nursery school.

Seo Jin (Kim So yeon) is the head of the music department of Cheong-A Ye High School. Min Seol-ah (Jo Soo Min) is a math tutor at Hera Palace. Ma Doo gi (Ha Do Kwon) is a vocal teacher, Gu Ho Dong (Park Eun seok) is a sport teacher. Are there other teachers?

• Like 3

Cast of SBS’s Penthouse gathers for first script reading

by tccolb

psr11.jpg

A new SBS drama is in the works called Penthouse, and stills have now been released featuring the cast and crew at the first script reading.

The story takes place at a luxury penthouse building where tensions are high between the different residents, particularly for the mothers who are determined for their children to have the best of the best. The group comprises of women described as an unapproachable queen, an ambitious prima donna, and a social climber among others. Whether it be the price of their home, education, or their children, everyone is striving to be number one.

In a large ensemble cast, Lee Jia (The Ghost Detective) plays the refined and elegant Shim Soo-ryun. Described as having gentle but charismatic, she was born into a wealthy family and has always been part of high society.

Eom Ki-joon plays Lee’s husband, Joo Dan-tae. Detail-oriented and intuitive, he’s well known for his many successes in property management and business investments which have added to his wealth.

Kim So-yeon (Mother of Mine) takes on the role of perfectionist Chun Seo-jin. Glamorous and proud, she was also born rich and is the prima donna of the group. Kim’s husband is played by Yoon Jong-hoon (Memorist), Ha Yoon-chul, an ambitious character who thinks men need to have both money and power.

In contrast, Eugene (All About My Mom) plays Oh Yoon-hee, who comes from a less affluent background and worked hard her whole life to make money. Shin Eun-kyung (An Empress’s Dignity) plays a nouveau-riche character named Kang Mi-ri, who is described as living a secretive double life.

Bong Tae-kyu (Doctor Detective) plays lawyer Lee Kyu-jin, the only son from a chaebol family. His announcer wife Go Sung-ah is played by Yoon Joon-hee (Let Me Hear Your Song).

And last but not least, Park Eun-seok (Doctor Prisoner) plays high school phys-ed teacher Gu Ho-dong.

Supporting cast also includes Jin Ji-hee (100 Days, My Prince), Ha Do-kwon (Stove League), and Lee Chul-min (Chief of Staff 2) among others.

On the production side, the writer-director team who produced An Empress’s Dignity, Kim Soon-ok and PD Joo Dong-min, will be working together again for Penthouse. Considering how wild and fun An Empress’s Dignity turned out to be, here’s hoping their reunion will result in another success.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/cast-of-sbss-penthouse-gathers-for-first-script-reading/

• Like 4

Teaser

I think I know why Shin Eun Kyung plays a character who lives a double life. She is Shim Su Ryung (Lee Ji Ah)`s spy in Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon)` s group. Just a thought. Let see if I am right. And I understand why Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) is so mad at Seo Jin. Her daughter could not compete in the competition because of Seo Jin`s schemes. :D

UHKVMSBVU5JTPP43N6ZYECIJ5Q.jpg

Penthouse' unveiled the first teaser video that concentrated the anxiety, confusion, hatred and anger of the characters, announcing the birth of a real estate and educational suspense play that will shake Korea.

If the mood teaser video released on the 22nd contains the unique atmosphere of ‘Penthouse’, in this first teaser video, the intense appearance of characters, dialogue, and scenes that stand out from the view of Hera Palace draw attention. First, the narration of Yoonhee Oh (Yujin), saying, “The house where I live is the world of that person's personality and power” echoed, and Sim Soo-ryun (Jia Jiah), who lives in the highest penthouse in Hera Palace, boasted an elegant yet elegant figure appears.

Above all, the voice of a reporter referring to the Hera Palace in Samseong-dong, Gangnam-gu, Yoon-hee Oh, who checks the Hera Palace drawn on the map, and people dressed in dresses and decorations that appear only in the Middle Ages were dancing. It stimulates curiosity about Hera Palace, an ultra-luxurious high-rise apartment building, which is the main stage.

Following this, Sang-ah Go (Joo-hee Yoon) shouts, "Because our Hera Palace is not a place where anyone can enter," and Seo-jin Cheon (So-yeon Kim), Mari Kang (Eun-kyung Shin) and Sang-ah Go are walking in the middle of the luxurious lobby. Turn off. In particular, Dan-tae Ju's toast of “For the glorious glory of Hera Palace” and people enjoying parties arouse interest in their own world, deeply immersed in money and power.

Moreover, “the world only listens to the stories of powerful people”, “Money is a talent and a lot of talent, talent? After the narration that contains the harsh reality of "I don't need all of that," Seojin Cheon and Yoonhee Oh, who are living 180-degree different lives, are drawn.
In addition, while Oh Yoon-hee is throwing a trophy and expressing strong anger, the tension is multiplying with the words "I'll make you live here even if I sell half of my mother's heart" and the figure of heating an iron rod on fire. Finally, Seojin Cheon whispers to Yoonhee Oh, "Even if you kill anyone... you're a strong kid", making viewers fall into eerie thrill, raising curiosity in the stories of the characters surrounding Hera Palace.

The production crew said, “In the first teaser video, we tried to reveal the appearance of Hera Palace, an ultra-luxurious high-rise apartment that everyone wants to move in, and the close relationship between Seojin Cheon and Yoonhee Oh.” “The actors' solid acting skills, intense narrative, and sensational direction In addition, please look forward to the'Penthouse', which will become an addictive suspense play that has never been seen anywhere else.”

Meanwhile, SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama “Penthouse” will be aired for the first time on October 26, following “Do you like Brahms?”.
(Google translate)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Watch: Eugene, Kim So Yeon, And More Obsess Over Power And Success In Teaser For New Drama “Penthouse”

4ab2c085f374479a9bdca026b470dc14.jpeg?s=

Sep 29, 2020
by C. Lee

Upcoming SBS drama “Penthouse” has released a new teaser!

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. The main cast includes Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, Uhm Ki Joon, Shin Eun Kyung, Bong Tae Gyu, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

In the teaser, Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) sets a dramatic tone when she says, “It’s a world where the house one lives in is their personality and amount of power.” Meanwhile, Shim Soo Ryeon (Lee Ji Ah) is dressed elegantly as she walks through her home on the top floor of the penthouse Hera Palace.

Oh Yoon Hee marks the location of Hera Palace on a map, and scenes of dancing hint at what kind of luxury the apartment could provide. Sounding distressed, Go Sang Ah (Yoon Joo Hee) then says, “Hera Palace isn’t open to just anyone!” The video cuts to show Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon), Kang Ma Ri (Shin Eun Kyung), and Go Sang Ah walking through the lobby as a powerful trio.

Next, Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon) raises his glass in honor of Hera Palace, and a voice-over narrates, “The world only listens to the powerful.” Another character cries, “Money is talent. Having connections is talent. Talent? I don’t need anything like that.”

Suddenly, Oh Yoon Hee throws a trophy against a row of framed pictures in anger, and in a change of mood, she says, “I’ll have you live here even if it means selling half of my heart.”

At the end of the clip, Chun Seo Jin whispers to Oh Yoon Hee, “Even if it means killing someone… You’re a strong one.”

The drama’s production team commented, “In the teaser, we wanted to show off the luxurious high-rise apartment Hera Palace that everyone would want to live in as well as the dangerous relationship between Chun Seo Jin and Oh Yoon Hee.”

They added, “Please look forward to ‘Penthouse,’ which will be a suspenseful drama that’s addicting in a unique way, thanks to the actors’ solid skills, the strong narration, and tasteful directing.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428691wpp/watch-eugene-kim-so-yeon-and-more-obsess-over-power-and-success-in-teaser-for-new-drama-penthouse

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Penthouse, 펜트하우스 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Premieres on October 26th

Kim So Yeon Talks About Her Bold Transformation In Upcoming Drama “Penthouse”

3db35abf85db4e94abe07f9d1acd80d1.jpeg?s=

Sep 30, 2020
by L. Kim

Kim So Yeon will be undergoing an epic transformation in the new SBS drama “Penthouse”!

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. The main cast includes Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, EugeneUhm Ki JoonShin Eun KyungBong Tae GyuYoon Jong HoonPark Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

Kim So Yeon will take the role of Cheon Seo Jin, a wealthy woman who is the epitome of showy and arrogant and who harbors a warped ambition. She is the daughter of the chairman of the Chunga Foundation and a glamorous soprano. Cheon Seo Jin is the queen bee of the Hera Club, and she believes that the world should revolve around her. Moreover, she will double the tension in the drama by having a strained rivalry with Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene), a woman who has never once experienced wealth but will do anything for her children’s success.

Through this new role, Kim So Yeon will show a darker side of herself that has never been seen before. The drama recently shared a first glimpse of her lavish and greedy character. Kim So Yeon perfectly poses as the successful prima donna Cheon Seo Jin by wearing colorful accessories and elegant dresses. Her bold red lipstick enhances her sharp features, and her lips are curved upwards in a mysterious, daunting smile. She showcases cold-blooded charisma with just her appearance, and the drama has hinted she’s a power-hungry being who will do anything to get what she wants.

kim-so-yeon-11.jpg

Kim So Yeon shared, “I wanted to act in writer Kim Soon Ok’s work one day, so I’m honored to have this opportunity. The script is so amazing, and I know I would’ve regretted it if I hadn’t met this drama. I’m doing my best with a grateful heart.”

Then she added, “Director Joo Dong Min really loves this drama, and he puts a lot of effort into filming each scene, so I become inspired to work harder as well. Thanks to his ideas, I’m able to portray my character in a better way. I’m really grateful for his help.”

She also talked about the atmosphere of the drama set, saying, “I’m working with many charming actors I’ve been wanting to meet, and I’m learning a lot from them. The atmosphere on set is really great, and I’m having a lot fun filming. I am doing my best to meet you through the role of Cheon Seo Jin, so please look forward to it!”

kim-so-yeon-2.jpg

The production team of “Penthouse” shared, “We are happy to work with Kim So Yeon who will make the drama shine with her strong acting skills. Kim So Yeon’s unconventional transformation will be beyond your imagination. Please watch to see how the story of Cheon Seo Jin will unfold, and how she will add tension to the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1428736wpp/kim-so-yeon-talks-about-her-bold-transformation-in-upcoming-drama-penthouse

• Like 4

Penthouse' Yujin took the role of Oh Yoon-hee, who is running away for her success with her daughter, and performed her first short hair after debut.

bcec87f6-b067-4efc-be3b-bfb003c017df.jpg

Eugene was a talented soprano known all over the country when she was a student in'Penthouse', but she gave up her vocal music due to fatal nerve damage to her vocal chords due to an accident, and now she takes on the role of Yunhee Oh, who earns living expenses by saving a secret hideout for rich people.

In the drama, Oh Yoon-hee is a character who has lived so repressively that her daughter Bae Rona (Kim Hyun-soo) is struggling with money.

Oh Yoon-hee, who is a natural enemy entangled with Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So-yeon) and a tough villain, runs wild with her goal to enter Hera Palace, a high-end residential and commercial apartment.
Yujin, who has given viewers a variety of charms with her performance in all genres such as movies, dramas, entertainment programs, MC, etc., is another life characteras Yoon-hee Oh, who has a strong maternal love through'Penthouse'.

Above all, Eugene is showing his special determination for the role of Yoon-hee Oh, revealing his enthusiasm for attempting a short cut for the first time in the work, while boldly cutting off his long hair. She shows off her first appearance as Oh Yoon-hee, with a sharp look and a warm smile at the same time.

Yujin appeared in'Penthouse' and said, "It's been a long time since it's been on dramas, so I'm worried, excited, and trembling. As the play progresses, I'm playing with a lot of emotions, so I'm acting fun. I've never played a character kuke this so far, so how will it look? I am curious," she said, "I hope that viewers will enjoy it. Please look forward to the three-dimensional Oh Yoon-hee character, and look forward to acting with wonderful actors."

https://www.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2020100109510005925

• Like 3

On 9/27/2020 at 2:47 AM, larus said:

I think Shin Eun kyung will have a funny role this time, a different role from her "The Last Empress" role. I am interested to see how she will handle the double life in Penthouse

Interesting.
I think my favorite roles for her, from what I have seen were in "Your Neighbor's Wife" and in "Scandal:A Shocking and Wrongful Incident." For a rom-com - in "Bad Couple."

Thank you for all the updates. I love the teaser and the newly revealed photos.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, irilight said:

I think my favorite roles for her, from what I have seen were in "Your Neighbor's Wife" and in "Scandal:A Shocking and Wrongful Incident." For a rom-com - in "Bad Couple."

I did not see those dramas. The only drama I watched with Shin Eun Kyung was TheVillage: Achiara`s Secret. I noticed her as an actress. I watched just 6 episodes of The Last Empress. The actors did a good job in this drama but for me, it was not a good drama to watch.  In Penthouse I think she will do a funny role. 

• Like 1

I've been reading posts on DC Gallery and the amount of affairs in this drama are a lot! Lol! But the comment that grabbed my interest was it's like SKY Castle but focusing on entertainment as vocal study/music does cost a lot. Also Eugene's character is/was a musical actress too right? Probably her daughter wants to go to music school.

I'm intrigued with Penthouse because I did enjoy the twists and turns in The Last Empress (especially when it has Emperor Hyuk :lol:). I'm expecting the same level of cray2 absurdity in Penthouse too. The teasers already looks cray2 with the psychedelic colours and the cosplay dance scene and that huge statue Hahahahaha. 

YWKXG0.gif

E8jQ4K.gif

Anyways, I don't think a murder actually happens though. It probably is just symbolism for poor Eugene as she tries to enter high society~

• Like 3

On 9/27/2020 at 5:47 PM, larus said:

I think Shin Eun kyung will have a funny role this time, a different role from her "The Last Empress" role. I am interested to see how she will handle the double life in Penthouse. :D

Her role in TLE was evil, over the top but had funny moments. Empress dowager was multifaced, she lived many lives including the empress of Korea and also a drug lord. Hahaha. 

mO3X1E.gif

What is her exact role in Penthouse? Is her character description out yet? I'm imagining her as a housekeeper but actually a chaebol. Lol

0Yx3wV.gif

On 9/28/2020 at 7:05 PM, larus said:

The official site is being contructed little by little. They are behind the MBC but I hope it is just a strategy and they are ready.

Yeah..it's probably a strategy since there's a drama airing in the Mon-Tues slot on SBS.  The slot is currently occupied by Brahms which is a popular drama. And Penthouse itself is touted as most anticipated drama of 2020 2nd half in articles. The cast are well known/popular but most importantly the writer and director are popular too. Compare all that to MBC's upcoming drama....maybe MBC strategy was to promote earlier because currently there's no drama in MBC Mon-Tues slot (since July), the writer and director are not big names, and the main cast is not as well known nor as big in size as the Penthouse cast~

• Like 2

Eugene Shares Her Excitement About Role In Upcoming Drama “Penthouse”

d081057253984e0b9be952af3cde6fc0.jpeg?s=

Oct 1, 2020
by S. Cho

Ahead of the premiere of her upcoming drama, Eugene sat down to discuss her new role!

SBS’s upcoming drama “Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, which is the pinnacle of success in her eyes. The drama will also touch on women who have no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves. The main cast includes Lee Ji AhKim So Yeon, Eugene, Uhm Ki JoonShin Eun KyungBong Tae GyuYoon Jong HoonPark Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

Eugene plays Oh Yoon Hee, who will do anything for her and her daughter’s success. Although as a student she was a talented soprano recognized all across the country, an accident results in fatal nerve damage in her throat and she must give up her dream. Now, she earns money by finding secret hideouts for the newly rich, who like to flaunt their wealth. To ensure that her daughter Bae Ro Na (played by Kim Hyun Soo) never has to struggle because of money, Oh Yoon Hee has worked any and every job she’s been able to do. Her character will have a strained rivalry with Kim So Yeon’s character Cheon Seo Jin, a wealthy woman who is the epitome of showy and arrogant and who harbors a warped ambition.

For the first time since debuting, Eugene will also sport a short hairstyle in the drama, showing her dedication to the role.

Regarding the drama, Eugene shared, “Since it’s my first time in a while greeting viewers with a drama, I feel worried, excited, and nervous. As the show progresses, my character has a big change in emotion, so I’m having fun while acting. Since this is a type of character I’ve never portrayed before, I’m curious about how it will look.”

She added, “I hope viewers will also be able to enjoy watching. Please look forward to the three-dimensional character Oh Yoon Hee, as well as my chemistry with my impressive co-stars.”

eugene-2.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429105wpp/eugene-shares-her-excitement-about-role-in-upcoming-drama-penthouse

• Like 2

Kim Soon-ok's new work, “Penthouse,” Um Ki-jun, and “Real Estate Guru” Joo Dan-tae, transformed into a “special character”

NISI20201002_0000610666_web.jpg?rnd=2020

In ‘Penthouse’, Uhm Ki-jun plays the role of Ju Dan-tae, the husband of Shim Soo-ryun (Jia Ji-ah) and the CEO of Jake King Holdings' architecture company. Dan-tae Ju, an architect who is outstanding enough to have buildings in various parts of the world such as Seoul, Beijing, Las Vegas, and Indonesia, and has a natural talent for real estate, is said to have been said that'you cannot go around Gangnam without stepping on his land.' A person who owns Gangnam Yornjawi land and several skyscrapers. An obsessive perfectionist, a cold-blooded person who can't tolerate even a bit of distraction or utterance, he makes ceaseless efforts to appear as a perfect family to others.

In thestills where Um Ji-won transformed into Joo Dan-tae wearing a neat  suit with a neat hairstyle was revealed. Dan-tae Ju, who is heavily armed with luxury and looking straight ahead, is posing in a classy pose in front of a gorgeous architectural model he designed. Moreover, in the cold eyes felt through round glasses, it casts the face of a perfectionist elite full of ambitious and ambitious. Ju Dan-tae, who exudes a cool charisma, is wondering what kind of life he will be living in.

Eom Gi-jun said, "It's an honor to be able to work with writer Kim Soon-ok and director Joo Dong-min, whom I admired," and "It seems like a good composition and a story that I can't take my eyes off of is the big attraction of this work," and expressed confidence in the work.

He added, "We will work hard to brighten the work even more with a performance that only Dan Tae can show with a different performance from what we have shown so far."

The production crew said, "Eom Gi-jun is an actor who draws admiration of all the staff through meticulous research and analysis of characters as well as in-depth inner acting for each scene." I ask for a lot of anticipation for the cast to be completed."

(Google translate)
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Thanks for for the teaser. The female leads take over our screen. 

Let the catfight begin! Sky castle vibes. We'll see how to rich andf famous high society ladies fight and claw for their children and their husband and status quo.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm intrigued with Penthouse because I did enjoy the twists and turns in The Last Empress (especially when it has Emperor Hyuk :lol:). I'm expecting the same level of cray2 absurdity in Penthouse too.

Unfortunetly for me,  I hate the aburdity and craziness if that`s we will also get in Penthouse (probably that`s what we will see in Penthouse also just like in The Last Empress.). I saw some random scenes on You Tube from the latest drama of Kim Sun ok) and I was taking aback by all the yelling, begging, slapping, hiting  I saw from the characters. At least, I will be happy to see people here enjoying the series if I don`t. I am looking forward to read the comments on this thread.

Anyways, I don't think a murder actually happens though. It probably is just symbolism for poor Eugene as she tries to enter high society~

I saw a woman falling.And it was said in the synopsis about a murder.  If Oh Yoon Hee (Yu Jin) did not win at lotery or did not marry a rich husband how she is going to enter high society? She witnessed the murder or maybe it was an accident, and she was paid a huge amount of money for her silence.

The teasers already looks cray2 with the psychedelic colours and the cosplay dance scene and that huge statue Hahahahaha. 

They looks ridiculous in those outfit but perhaps we`ll laugh a little seeing them in costumes. Rich people get bored easily and participate in all kinds of events.

12 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Compare all that to MBC's upcoming drama....maybe MBC strategy was to promote earlier because currently there's no drama in MBC Mon-Tues slot (since July), the writer and director are not big names, and the main cast is not as well known nor as big in size as the Penthouse cast~

It makes sense. I forgot that MBC did not have at the moment an airing drama.

It looked like the one from SBS were not ready compared with MBC but I know that there are materials for the drama (for exemple the character descriptions that we saw from an unauthorized source). We`ll see that every day they release now the articles about every main cast. It must be their promotional strategy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, larus said:

Unfortunetly for me,  I hate the aburdity and craziness if that`s we will also get in Penthouse (probably that`s what we will see in Penthouse also just like in The Last Empress.). I saw some random scenes on You Tube from the latest drama of Kim Sun ok) and I was taking aback by all the yelling, begging, slapping, hiting  I saw from the characters. At least, I will be happy to see people here enjoying the series if I don`t. I am looking forward to read the comments on this thread.

They looks ridiculous in those outfit but perhaps we`ll laugh a little seeing them in costumes. Rich people get bored easily and participate in all kinds of events.

Currently Penthouse teasers feel like The Last Empress + Return mashup to me. Penthouse involves rich people who can do anything and possibly get away with it...just like the fantasy monarch in TLE and the Evil 4 in Return and probably like many other characters in Kim Soon Ok's older dramas lol. Eugene's character is/was a musical actress much like Oh Sunny in TLE. Also...the director for TLE, Return and Penthouse is the same, maybe that's also the reason why I feel the teaser has similar vibes.

Gif from Return:

k83KMN.gif

Of course something happened at the penthouse -_-!! Return spoilerish gif:

Spoiler

r8357p.gif

11 hours ago, larus said:

I saw a woman falling.And it was said in the synopsis about a murder.  If Oh Yoon Hee (Yu Jin) did not win at lotery or did not marry a rich husband how she is going to enter high society? She witnessed the murder or maybe it was an accident, and she was paid a huge amount of money for her silence.

I read a comment on DC gall that Eugene's character is husband-less. And based on her character description, there's no mention of a husband, it's just her working hard to get money to enter high society. The witness a murder and get bribed is a plausible theory but that makes Eugene an anti-hero? How am I to root for her if she is a murder accomplice? And why and how did she enter Kim So Yeon's house and break the trophy thing? Lol. So many questions from the teaser.

All in all....i'm still quite sad SSR is not in this. Penthouse looks like a gif-able drama and I would prefer having him in my gifs too hahaha 

Another 'penthouse' gif from Return. 

2x0rX1.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Currently Penthouse teasers feel like The Last Empress + Return mashup to me. Penthouse involves rich people who can do anything and possibly get away with it...just like the fantasy monarch in TLE and the Evil 4 in Return and probably like many other characters in Kim Soon Ok's older dramas lol. Eugene's character is/was a musical actress much like Oh Sunny in TLE. Also...the director for TLE, Return and Penthouse is the same, maybe that's also the reason why I feel the teaser has similar vibes.

Yes, it gave me vibes of Return and The Last Empress too. And I think of Sky Castle as well because of the ensemble cast and about the story with the old and young cast but I don`t think it will have the same vibe.. It will have definetly Kim Sun Ok`s drama style vibe.

All in all....i'm still quite sad SSR is not in this. Penthouse looks like a gif-able drama and I would prefer having him in my gifs too hahaha 

If the Kairos offer had not intersected with Penthouse, Shin Sung Rok would have been in both dramas. I totally understand why he chose Kairos over Penthouse.  I would have chosen the same as well.

It would have been too similar roles after Return and The Last Empress but he would have been great playing a baddie. Probably the writer thought of him when she wrote the role. Imagine three actors from Return in this drama.:lol:  But I am pleased that Uhm Ki Joon took the role. It was a good remplacement.

I read a comment on DC gall that Eugene's character is husband-less. And based on her character description, there's no mention of a husband, it's just her working hard to get money to enter high society. The witness a murder and get bribed is a plausible theory but that makes Eugene an anti-hero? How am I to root for her if she is a murder accomplice? And why and how did she enter Kim So Yeon's house and break the trophy thing? Lol. So many questions from the teaser.

Yes, Oh Yoon Hee (Yu Jin) doesn`t have a husband. They don`t mention why . Probably she is divorced.

I think she will be an antihero but at least she has a chance for redemption. The audience will still root for her in contrast with her nemessis. The same with Shim So ryun (Lee ji Ah). People will pity her because of the baddies (her husband and Seo Jin).

In this kind of dramas, there is no room for subtilities and for grey characters. I bet that even the bad choices of the "good guys" will  washed out and they will be put on the other characters that are worst than them. for exemple:  "Oh Yoon Hee took the money but she did not have other choice because Seo Jin made her take this route with her evilness. She did it for her daughter." 

• Like 1