[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

4 minutes ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

OHH I see, I thought you meant the Hera palace parents. 

===============================================================

Hide contents

Hmm I don't know whether to consider Logan is dead. I won't be surprised if next season Logan is really alive. I know he is close to the bomb but I ever watch a drama the character is near the bomb but he/she is still alive just he/she got serious burns. However, I think it depends on how the bomb impact. that is why I say not to consider Logan is dead & won't be surprised writer bring him back alive.

So I think we are clear now that Jenny's father even though he took the rep for JDT's old crime, he still works for him? Since I think JDT received something regarding "about Logan Out" & we got the scene Logan is bombed & Jenny's father knocked SSR & smirked. I think the airplane that Logan met , he said he is Mr Baek? I heard something Mr Baek so I think he also part of JDT. so S3 main villian still JDT but his other lackey is now appearing one of it is Jenny's father

Can she just kill of someone and let the person die. If she was going to fake kill Logan there was no need for season 3. I still believe he is dead till he is proven not dead. I think the old man was ju dantae

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

LOGANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN:bawling:

But who was this guy in his car? and the one who pretended to be old? I'm waiting for your theories

Ohh apparently there is a vid of lee ji ah & the old man, some said is JDT.

Come to think of it, maybe the old man is JDT. if is a random person hired by Jenny's father to bomb , he won't turn around & showed Logan the sign. I kept thinking is weird for the old man to turn around to sign the victim. I know most drama that when the villain hired someone to bomb his/her target, the person won't even show the sign to the target before it bombed. usually is villain will do that 

============================================================

Regarding the video I mentioned, apparently Lee jiah posted on her IG & deleted I think is confirmed the old man is JDT as I repeated multiple times , his voice & eyes look like Um ki Joon (I think I saw video of Um Ki joon's w/o specs, that is why I said the eyes look like the actor)  But alot said is Um ki Joon because of his voice.  . So I think Lee jiah deleted after knowing she accidentally spoil the old man's identity and  a lot fans are saying is him. Hence yes, JDT is out of prison (maybe with the help of Jenny's father/the guy sitting next to Logan since Jenny's father asked Secretary Jo something like where is that man . Or Secretary Jo might have get JDT out through someone but I don't know who . Because I still confused with the guy that Logan was with .

Spoiler

I guess we know the revenge is still on JDT but maybe for Logan this time? oh more bigger & stronger role is coming. Even more powerful than Jung Doo Man? Hmm , actually thinking about it, who know maybe Jenny's father is more powerful than JDT & what Kang Mari said JDT is the reason he was in jail, maybe JDT did something that make him betray Jenny's father . My reason why I said Jenny's father is more powerful than JDT:

1) I feel Jenny's father is connected with the 3 Madam , Mari served. I remember one mentioned/asked Mari about her niece who is Jenny.

2) MinHyuk said Jenny's dad is a scary person.

3) Even Seokkyung is scared of Jenny's dad that she told Min Hyuk that he also need to worry when jenny's dad is back because he will find the 2 of them first.

4) Lastly, Secretary Jo mentioned "long time no see....." seems like he worked for Jenny's father longer than JDT.

Anyway is just my mere assumption especially on Secretary Jo. 

======================================================

Why are ppl speculating that SSR is Na Aegyo now when SSR returned to the penthouse just because she holding her coffee cup left handed? I know is a habit for both character. Won't it confused the viewers more with NAG alive too???

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Songbae said:

Can she just kill of someone and let the person die. If she was going to fake kill Logan there was no need for season 3. I still believe he is dead till he is proven not dead. I think the old man was ju dantae

I'm not sure but like one user mentioned here , the writer is the same writer as "the Last Empress" and  if my memory not failing me, most of the writer bomb scene, the character hardly die. Like I said, depends on the bomb impact for now, but before it really exploded , I feel Logan is already moving to the side and the fact the flame is big so it confused the viewers

I understand faking someone death is boring & meaningless with this drama. Since you said the old man is JDT. You think SSR will be safe from him? I'm not saying Logan is a good person  and we needed him . Also you don't have to have someone die for SSR to take revenge on JDT?? I know you said there is no need S3. however, most viewers won't accept JDT to escape prison , just like you said before the show start, putting JDT in jail won't help. So who knows the writer really will kill JDT in S3.  Also S3 can be all about JDT is coming out to get back his money, SSR try counter-back JDT & getting more powerful people not just Logan alone. Similarly who know Hye-in will come into picture? Any possibility can happen, I know S1 is building up the revenge , S2 SSR is revenge for herself , NAG & MSA. S3 don't really need someone closed/love by SSR to die for SSR to revenge. It can be anything like to counter-back JDT since he is out of prison; revenge for making Logan to be in that state (I meant if writer is to bring him alive); etc

===========================================================

Park Eun Seok (Logan) posted his "thankyou" video and it seems like his fans on his IG mentioned to other fans, that he is not going to appear for S3. So indirectly saying that  Park Eun Seok confirmed Logan is dead.

P.S This is what  Fans on his IGpost  saying it because none of the other cast post a "thankyou" message video only Park Eun Seok. that is why they confirm Logan is dead.

My thought about Park Eun Seok's Thank You vid, I've only can come out with  2 possibilities:

1.  Park Eun Seok maybe really not going to appear in S3 , but doesn't mean Logan is dead. Like I mentioned, there is a possibility that Logan didn't die but has a lot of burns that he need to change his entire face. Hence, he will not appear for in beginning of S3. (i.e. Park Eun Seok maybe will be seen sending to hospital to save his life in beginning then Logan the character will be away for awhile then come back with a entirely new face [just like "Last Empress" how the writer killed Na Wang-silk & gave a new face ] but the actor will not be Park Eun Seok.  If this possibility come true, I not sure to say the writer will write it as a new character or still as Logan . But if is the writer, possibly a new character & a new face but actually  is Logan just with entirely a new face
  2. Park Eun Seok really not going to appear in S3 & Logan really is dead.

I will go for my 1st possibility since is Kim Sun-ok & she wrote similar scene in her other drama. So I won't be surprised plus I still going to say the bomb impact may not be the big enough to kill/shatter a person but burn yes since that type of scene I seen before not just in k-dramas , other countries drama  did similar as well.

I know fans here hate the "faking death"/ not killed off someone. Seriously, I suggest to you not to take this type of scene seriously. A lot of dramas, not just Kim Sun-ok drama, other kdrama & other countries drama also have such story plot scene. Yes, reality is not like that. well, is DRAMA, something can be not true & I think the penthouse also hint that is not real & is fictional /fiction  why bother to keep saying "faking death is so unreal, stop making such scene". then why can you change to how can SSR's character such an angel, like I say SSR 's character is way too good to be true. (e.g. Forgive OYH for what she did & save RN for OYH, forgive her non-blood related twins for bullying her biological daughter to the fact that she apologized to them for being late in coming back to them alive . SSR character will never happen to have in this real world just like SSR mentioned to OYH , "mother can do anything just for her kid" she did that to those Hera palace parents but not OYH (okay I get that OYH at least saved MSA from her boss abuse) still , at the same time, she didn't scold the twin for what they did to MSA.

Hence my point  is that all these character, story plot & scene is ofc not real because is DRAMA. so stop taking "faking death" seriously. Like I said a lot of drama like this done fake death before I will bring one that is not this drama genre & not by Kim Sun -ok ,a romance drama like Descendants of the sun also done it before.

I get that some dislike it because this drama done way too many times, I only can say what can we do since the writer put add on for 2 more seasons & she has being doing "faking death" for a few of her drama like Last Empress even a small role also  fake his death in the early episode & that role only like appear in the last few ep in the drama and is a small character not even lead. In my memory, Last Empress also done more than one time I think. I remember at most 3 times. For Penthouse, the writer did kill someone off and that MSA & so far only did 2 times fake death (i.e. SSR & RN). That is why I said, more than 2 times is not say not possible & is common since Last Empress is 3 times but 2 by the same person/villain , 1 is the  male lead.

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 2

PES has great on-screen chemistry with LJA so I think PES will eventually reprise his role. Both them and the teen couple SH/RN are the driving force that helps to boost this show's ratings.
I remember that writer nim was forced into shifting Lee Hyuk (SSR) as the male lead because he had great chemistry with Jang Na Ra and the audience shipped the emperor/empress couple (Na Wang Sik was supposed to be the male lead who would get the female lead in that show). I don't think writer nim, SBS and investors want to sacrifice their ratings. It's obvious to me that Logan won't die but I haven't figured out the way that writer nim would use to bring PES-Logan back yet. :naughty:

22 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

PES has great on-screen chemistry with LJA so I think PES will eventually reprise his role. Both them and the teen couple SH/RN are the driving force that helps to boost this show's ratings.
I remember that writer nim was forced into shifting Lee Hyuk (SSR) as the male lead because he had great chemistry with Jang Na Ra and the audience shipped the emperor/empress couple (Na Wang Sik was supposed to be the male lead who would get the female lead in that show). I don't think writer nim, SBS and investors want to sacrifice their ratings. It's obvious to me that Logan won't die but I haven't figured out the way that writer nim would use to bring PES-Logan back yet. :naughty:

Hmm I don't really remember who is the real initial couple for Last empress because all along I thought Jang Na Ra 's character love Lee Hyuk since the beginning and I always believe Jang Na Ra 's role helped Na Wang Sik is because of Lee Hyuk's mother indirectly killed her mother & the way Lee Hyuk used her. but through the whole drama, she love Lee Hyuk. 

Anyway about writer -nim bring PES - Logan back. Similar to my 1st possibility, Logan will not die from the bomb (like I said, depend on the bomb impact, some create minor burns , some create major burns. ) So Logan can still be acted by PES by having minor burns & just get normal skin removal surgery but how perfect the face will be , I can say maybe just how I mentioned earlier it need time so he will not appear in the early episode of S3 just maybe the first few mins in S3 Ep 1. but what kind of surgery, I don't know the term or is there one that able to do but I think writer-nim will appear to think one if she really going to bring back PES-Logan. Although even if is major burns, PES still can act back as Logan, if we can just take the  surgery is so advance to the fact the person can have the same face as before , since is Drama, so writer-nim can just play along with her imagination about this type of surgery.

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

I'm not sure but like one user mentioned here , the writer is the same writer as "the Last Empress" and  if my memory not failing me, most of the writer bomb scene, the character hardly die. Like I said, depends on the bomb impact for now, but before it really exploded , I feel Logan is already moving to the side and the fact the flame is big so it confused the viewers

I understand faking someone death is boring & meaningless with this drama. Since you said the old man is JDT. You think SSR will be safe from him? I'm not saying Logan is a good person  and we needed him . Also you don't have to have someone die for SSR to take revenge on JDT?? I know you said there is no need S3. however, most viewers won't accept JDT to escape prison , just like you said before the show start, putting JDT in jail won't help. So who knows the writer really will kill JDT in S3.  Also S3 can be all about JDT is coming out to get back his money, SSR try counter-back JDT & getting more powerful people not just Logan alone. Similarly who know Hye-in will come into picture? Any possibility can happen, I know S1 is building up the revenge , S2 SSR is revenge for herself , NAG & MSA. S3 don't really need someone closed/love by SSR to die for SSR to revenge. It can be anything like to counter-back JDT since he is out of prison; revenge for making Logan to be in that state (I meant if writer is to bring him alive); etc

===========================================================

Park Eun Seok (Logan) posted his "thankyou" video and it seems like his fans on his IG mentioned to other fans, that he is not going to appear for S3. So indirectly saying that  Park Eun Seok confirmed Logan is dead.

P.S This is what  Fans on his IGpost  saying it because none of the other cast post a "thankyou" message video only Park Eun Seok. that is why they confirm Logan is dead.

My thought about Park Eun Seok's Thank You vid, I've only can come out with  2 possibilities:

1.  Park Eun Seok maybe really not going to appear in S3 , but doesn't mean Logan is dead. Like I mentioned, there is a possibility that Logan didn't die but has a lot of burns that he need to change his entire face. Hence, he will not appear for in beginning of S3. (i.e. Park Eun Seok maybe will be seen sending to hospital to save his life in beginning then Logan the character will be away for awhile then come back with a entirely new face [just like "Last Empress" how the writer killed Na Wang-silk & gave a new face ] but the actor will not be Park Eun Seok.  If this possibility come true, I not sure to say the writer will write it as a new character or still as Logan . But if is the writer, possibly a new character & a new face but actually  is Logan just with entirely a new face
  2. Park Eun Seok really not going to appear in S3 & Logan really is dead.

I will go for my 1st possibility since is Kim Sun-ok & she wrote similar scene in her other drama. So I won't be surprised plus I still going to say the bomb impact may not be the big enough to kill/shatter a person but burn yes since that type of scene I seen before not just in k-dramas , other countries drama  did similar as well.

I know fans here hate the "faking death"/ not killed off someone. Seriously, I suggest to you not to take this type of scene seriously. A lot of dramas, not just Kim Sun-ok drama, other kdrama & other countries drama also have such story plot scene. Yes, reality is not like that. well, is DRAMA, something can be not true & I think the penthouse also hint that is not real & is fictional /fiction  why bother to keep saying "faking death is so unreal, stop making such scene". then why can you change to how can SSR's character such an angel, like I say SSR 's character is way too good to be true. (e.g. Forgive OYH for what she did & save RN for OYH, forgive her non-blood related twins for bullying her biological daughter to the fact that she apologized to them for being late in coming back to them alive . SSR character will never happen to have in this real world just like SSR mentioned to OYH , "mother can do anything just for her kid" she did that to those Hera palace parents but not OYH (okay I get that OYH at least saved MSA from her boss abuse) still , at the same time, she didn't scold the twin for what they did to MSA.

Hence my point  is that all these character, story plot & scene is ofc not real because is DRAMA. so stop taking "faking death" seriously. Like I said a lot of drama like this done fake death before I will bring one that is not this drama genre & not by Kim Sun -ok ,a romance drama like Descendants of the sun also done it before.

I get that some dislike it because this drama done way too many times, I only can say what can we do since the writer put add on for 2 more seasons & she has being doing "faking death" for a few of her drama like Last Empress even a small role also  fake his death in the early episode & that role only like appear in the last few ep in the drama and is a small character not even lead. In my memory, Last Empress also done more than one time I think. I remember at most 3 times. For Penthouse, the writer did kill someone off and that MSA & so far only did 2 times fake death (i.e. SSR & RN). That is why I said, more than 2 times is not say not possible & is common since Last Empress is 3 times but 2 by the same person/villain , 1 is the  male lead.

SR isn't too good to be true. She didn't know MSA so she doesn't really have any attachment to her.

Even though the twins aren't her biologically kids they are still her kids. I understand why she forgave OYH though. I get that this is a drama and it shouldn't be taken seriously but i can complain about it. There is nothing wrong with one fake death but having 4 fake deaths is a lot and it makes the writing look sloppy. 

The last empress only had one fake death and that was the male lead. I prefer the twists in the last empress to this. 

46 minutes ago, uuugogirl said:

PES has great on-screen chemistry with LJA so I think PES will eventually reprise his role. Both them and the teen couple SH/RN are the driving force that helps to boost this show's ratings

I thought the driving force that boosts the ratings was the dramatics

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

Damn. I wish I wasn't right when I said Logan will die to have the plot move forward. 

The actor has been cast in Taxi Driver. That drama premieres next week. 

5 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

Jesus Christ, the writer just :cold_sweat:

Hide contents

killed off Logan, JDT's secretary, Jenny's father and Logan's brother planned a bomb in Logan's car

I don't think that is Logan's brother. It seemed they met on the airplane. 

-------

Where did the car bomb explode?

1. The briefcase that the new guy left.
  2. The old man's cart.
  • Like 1

Well now i know that Kang mari didn't feel sorry about the things that she did, she just didn't like that her kid was bullied.

The only people that learnt their lesson are OYH and HYC. Kyujin and his wife are still the same, Kang mari, DT and SJ.

They are still selfish. I didn't like how they tried to pin everything on OYH because no one forced them to cover up MSA's murder.

This people are so selfish. Why do you want more money? when you die you are dying alone.

I am confused myself. 

• Like 2

I've been speechless all day, I just can't believe what's happened. I'm certain he's dead, there's no way he's survived this and it hurts me to say goodbye. I know this was needed for plot progression but why can't we just have one nice thing on this show. Why? Is it too much to as to just have SSR live happily ever after with a man like LL who would have loved her unconditionally and indefinitely? My heart hurts and I need a nap.

• Like 2

@luvjkpop 07

@Songbae

KSO's shows were always dramatic,  it's not something new for the Korean audience because they have a lot of dramatic shows already, but speaking of this show individually, all data confirmed that word-buzz was mostly about shipping couples (LogSuryeon and SeokRona) and even SBS was aware of it. The shipping drama between 2 main male characters of The last empress was mentioned in the TLE old thread on this forum. If you don't believe me you can take a look at that thread.

My friends, if you look back at the previous pages of this thread, you will see countless posters who said they're tired of fake death and they insisted Rona was dead, etc... and the other side who thought Rona might survive insisted that ...Logan would save Rona somehow. How PES coming back to this show is the hook to get people to watch season 3, so it's won't be easy to guess. :sweat_smile:

• Like 1

What the hell at this point kill off Jenny's dad! Thought Jenny and her mum have changed but they're not even feeling sorry for Min Seol A! At this point the whole family can rot in hell!

LOGAN LEE BETTER BE ALIVE OR I'M GONNA STORM SBS BUILDING!

Seriously, last week everyone was hating on Logan Lee for no reason while he was always the nicest sincere innocent guy and he get's killed off???? 

LET SHIM SU RYEIN AND LOGAN LEE BE HAPPY!

The guy was about to propose this is ridiculous what has has Logan Lee done to Jenny's dad is this a bloody joke! I'm absolutely furious at this finale

• Like 2

On 1/10/2020 at 5:44 AM, monalisa said:

Sounds a tad similar to a 2013 Hong Kong movie, Dream Home. Will be interesting to watch.

Oh, I'll look this up.

Who else thinks Logan survived? Doesn't everyone survive, except doubles?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

@luvjkpop 07

@Songbae

KSO's shows were always dramatic,  it's not something new for the Korean audience because they have a lot of dramatic shows already, but speaking of this show individually, all data confirmed that word-buzz was mostly about shipping couples (LogSuryeon and SeokRona) and even SBS was aware of it. The shipping drama between 2 main male characters of The last empress was mentioned in the TLE old thread on this forum. If you don't believe me you can take a look at that thread.

My friends, if you look back at the previous pages of this thread, you will see countless posters who said they're tired of fake death and they insisted Rona was dead, etc... and the other side who thought Rona might survive insisted that ...Logan would save Rona somehow. How PES coming back to this show is the hook to get people to watch season 3, so it's won't be easy to guess. :sweat_smile:

This isn't my first time watching her shows and i shipped the emperor ( I like SSR) and the empress. The writer can make the show interesting without killing people and bringing them back to life. 

• Like 3

That old man that planted the bomb was NOT JDT.   I can tell by looking at the eyes.   I'm sure JDT used some strings and used that old man to plant the bomb.  But he is not out of prison.

Im not understanding the logic of Jenny and MH.  They are blaming Rona for YH killing MSH how does that make sense? And does that excuse their behavior when they bullied MSH? They havent learned a thing I see. I expected more from Jenny not MH. And I think EB should suffer more , she tried to kill RN and is getting off free. Well her mind is being tortured and she lost both parents to prison I guess that is her karma. 

• Like 2