[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

19 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

I won't be surprise there will be season 4 and season 5 which include N korea attack S korea. The writer is going to mess up the whole drama and start with a new plot.

Not to worry about that, SBS confirmed there's only 3 seasons. 

18 hours ago, scribbledjunkie said:

Also, I felt like the Ma Ri/Jenny character development was suddenly ignored this past weekend. They're mixing her up again with Kyu Jin's annoying family. I get that they're supposed to be comic relief but they have overplayed that angle already. Even Min Hyuk has no sub-plot aside from being an annoying mama's boy slash school bully.

I don't think the writer knows what to do with these characters other than comic relief and exposition. The characters themselves forgot that Kyu-Jin and Mari committed adultery, which in the end became random and pointless to the plot. It also makes Mari fickle. Their son bullied Jenny and threatened to expose her of being a bath house employee, yet she wants to gossip like nothing happened. Her excuse of no longer being with OHY is because she betrayed her for not telling her that she owned land.

Anyway, the drama hasn't forgotten that Kang Mari committed corpse desecration. Hope she comes clean and admit to her crime.

16 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

Jesus christ that nanny is creepy. She most likely lost her own daughter in the past and desperately wants any girl to be her daughter. It's such a random sub plot because I know what the writer is trying to do here. Trying to make us feel bad and root for SeoJin, YoonChul, and Eunbyul because the nanny will definitely try to tear them apart. What do you guys think of this?

I feel like she's this drama's Seo Kang Hee (Last Empress) and I wouldn't be surprised if we discover she was there during the events of Season 1 and is the one that killed MSA. There is a motive for the nanny to kill her too. EB failed at the Cheong-Ah audition and MSA got first. If I was the writer and I want to create a Season 3 plot twist that OYH did not kill MSA, then I would make an unexpected character be the culprit. Not someone we expect like JDT. The nanny would be that person.         

16 hours ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

Hide contents

seems like Ep13 we will get a flashblack of JDT & NAG, as someone posted last night Lee Ji ah & Um Ki Koon at a tatoo shop look like before NAG got the butterfly tatoo.

though I heard about Ep13 has 3 parts but I'm surprised they still filming today. someone leaked a photo & said is for Penthouse 2 but not sure who is filming as I can't see clearly. Then the actor of the man of Lee Kyu Jin posted his last shooting photo though can't tell is today or last few days.

Spoiler

Maybe this is way we see JDT crying at the police station. It's his flashback. 

--------------------

Theory:  What if Logan Lee is not the villain for Season 3 BUT his family is. It is suspicious that they framed MSA for a crime and deported her out of the United States. It is really because she wasn't needed anymore for the bone marrow? What if MSA saw something that she wasn't supposed to see? Like Logan's father or brother committing a crime.

Also, notice how JDT wanted to call Logan Lee's dad but they never showed what that conversation is about? 

• Like 2

Since there is yet any account translated, there will be 3 cameo in EP 13. They are Choi Byung-mo, Lee So Ryun & Lee Sang min (they acting as judge, prosceutor & broadcaster respectively .

Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.kr/entry/penthouse-2_kr_6063da07c5b6b6bedaf32383?ncid=other_twitter_cooo9wqtham&utm_campaign=share_twitter

I know people are still speculating Cha Eun woo because they saw it on mydramalist & some foreign news article. Sorry I will not trust that since I don't see many of his KR fans are speculating. Neither any kr article mentioned about it. so I doubt he will appear.

==================================================

I guess lee Ji Ah only finished her scene yesterday. Today seems like they recording for talking session (I meant the one they did last season as Park Eunseok posted a photo of him at the Hera palace lobby and there are single- chairs with partion place there

====================================================

Talking about main villian unlike some international drama fans. KR side seems to say is the Chairwoman Song will be the main villian for S3 . I won't be surprised. For someone that high profile & able to help Kang mari, I do seem to agree she may be the next villian or maybe someone that involve a big thing in S3. Her role is unexplained & seems too little of her for someone with high profile & can scared off Kyu Jin's wife & able to help Mari get a unit at Hera Palace.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

Talking about main villian unlike some international drama fans. KR side seems to say is the Chairwoman Song will be the main villian for S3

Chairwoman Song link with N Korea. Kang mari's husband help JDT in dealing weapons with N korea.

• LOL 1

23 hours ago, uuugogirl said:

The writer clarifies that SeoJin is the ultimate villain so she won't ever feel remorse for what she did to SR/YH, but yeah, I have the same feeling that the writer probably will use that creepy nanny to redeem YoonChul, so the YoonYoon couple can be reconciled and take care of their 2 daughters together. There are many shippers out there who ship YoonYoon, so I think the writer is trying to bring them together in an unexpected way because... third time is a charm?

where did you read that? i konw that SJ is not a nice girl
YonnYonn couple is really bad

• Like 1

Some fans on instagram found PES's smile extremely weird, so they pushed the theory that Logan is the villain all along with his "suspicious background". But the truth is both Logan and Seok Hun weren't supposed to be the love interests of Su Ryeon and Ro Na up until the point when SBS catch created a poll about "who is your favorite couple?" and you know which couples got the highest point. That's why a lot of cutesy scenes between SH and RN in season 1 were cut, Logan didn't belong to the main cast list or even on the main poster, etc but then Logan suddenly had a lot of screentime in season 2 and became the most important man of SR's life, while SH suddenly had to be so madly in love with RN even tho SH's redemption and change weren't fleshed out enough thanks to the way they cut a lot of his scene with RN in season 1 :cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

• Like 4

So I saw the official still photos post on sbs drama official IG account. 

I wonder the EB's caretaker is really a psychopath or she working with someone other than logan.

Wonder will it be  On Joo Wan's role since now SBS hinted his role & he seems to be after Logan since the article & the EP13 preview did mentioned "we really meet"? Hence I wonder is EB's caretaker work for him? I mean he could properly put her a mission to tell him about Logan's move?

Seems like Jung Doo Man is going to visit JDT in the police station

• Like 1

Before the next episode i just have a couple of things that i need to get off my chest.

After thinking about it i don't blame YC and SJ for trying to protect their child. They didn't do it in a proper manner but i know that YC betraying YH was her karma for betraying SR.

The only adults that feel sorry for what they are are YH and YC. 

I admit that i have hated really hated EB to the point that seeing her face makes me angry and i wanted her to go to jail but i realized that she is mentally unstable and although she wasn't abused physically she was abused emotionally. I don't buy that EB was nice at the beginning because she was nice to MSA. From i remember from Season 1 EB hated SK and liked that MSA got on SK's nerves so there was no reason for her to bully MSA. 

I hate the fact that Jenny's mother got one of the best character developments and the writer just threw her aside to be Kyujin and his wife's lackey.

I really didn't like any of this characters in season 1 including MSA. They all had issues.

I still don't get why MSA a freaking poor teenager would threaten a rich powerful murder hungry man. Like that makes no sense. That wasn't even brave at all.

I don't like how Logan's character was written in season 2. He did nothing but just pine after SR.

I feel like the writer wants people to feel sorry for EB and it is working. After being with abusive mother and a coward as a father she is stuck with an obsessive person. Give that girl a break.

YH was the only one that raised her child well. I admit RN was a brat for something but she never went after something that didn't belong to her. YH should have told her why she didn't want her to go to CHUNGAH ARTS in the first place. The only reason why they argued was because they weren't communicate at a point because at the beginning their relationship was good till RN wanted to sing. I also liked jenny's relationship with her mother.

I didn't like SR's relationship with the twins. I get that she didn't know that they were being abused but when she found out she didn't do anything. She was going to leave them before she "died". Also i am not someone who believes in that blood is thicker than water bs. I get that MSA is her biological daughter but she has more of an emotional connection with the twins. 

I really want to know why Minhyuk is like that because his character is not adding anything to the story.

I am a big SH-RN fan but i have to admit the hospital scene was cringey.

How are they going to explain the Aegyo-Suryeon situation to the twins?

Unpopular Opinion - I don't want anyone of them to go to prison. It isn't effective and just because someone is in prison doesn't mean that the person is going to feel sorry or the person wouldn't be able to get you. Prisons are not effective.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Songbae said:

Before the next episode i just have a couple of things that i need to get off my chest.

After thinking about it i don't blame YC and SJ for trying to protect their child. They didn't do it in a proper manner but i know that YC betraying YH was her karma for betraying SR.

The only adults that feel sorry for what they are are YH and YC. 

I admit that i have hated really hated EB to the point that seeing her face makes me angry and i wanted her to go to jail but i realized that she is mentally unstable and although she wasn't abused physically she was abused emotionally. I don't buy that EB was nice at the beginning because she was nice to MSA. From i remember from Season 1 EB hated SK and liked that MSA got on SK's nerves so there was no reason for her to bully MSA. 

I hate the fact that Jenny's mother got one of the best character developments and the writer just threw her aside to be Kyujin and his wife's lackey.

I really didn't like any of this characters in season 1 including MSA. They all had issues.

I still don't get why MSA a freaking poor teenager would threaten a rich powerful murder hungry man. Like that makes no sense. That wasn't even brave at all.

I don't like how Logan's character was written in season 2. He did nothing but just pine after SR.

I feel like the writer wants people to feel sorry for EB and it is working. After being with abusive mother and a coward as a father she is stuck with an obsessive person. Give that girl a break.

YH was the only one that raised her child well. I admit RN was a brat for something but she never went after something that didn't belong to her. YH should have told her why she didn't want her to go to CHUNGAH ARTS in the first place. The only reason why they argued was because they weren't communicate at a point because at the beginning their relationship was good till RN wanted to sing. I also liked jenny's relationship with her mother.

I didn't like SR's relationship with the twins. I get that she didn't know that they were being abused but when she found out she didn't do anything. She was going to leave them before she "died". Also i am not someone who believes in that blood is thicker than water bs. I get that MSA is her biological daughter but she has more of an emotional connection with the twins. 

I really want to know why Minhyuk is like that because his character is not adding anything to the story.

I am a big SH-RN fan but i have to admit the hospital scene was cringey.

How are they going to explain the Aegyo-Suryeon situation to the twins?

Unpopular Opinion - I don't want anyone of them to go to prison. It isn't effective and just because someone is in prison doesn't mean that the person is going to feel sorry or the person wouldn't be able to get you. Prisons are not effective.

though I don’t watch the whole S1. I don’t like any of the characters. Not even SSR because her character is too good to be real. Her revenge is good still  are we still going to see her grieving her child? Like the story for that really need to end? Sorry not fond about the drama keep mentioning abt MSA death. She asked for it. Being desperate & wanted to get back at those kids & parents that can use money to hide their crimes. Sorry she is stupid. Maybe I watched too many kdrama & feel that those netz how riches manipulated the law? 

about minhyuk character, actually I don’t really need explanation just look at his dad , kyu Jin. He literally laughed at HYC when he lost everything in S1. Similarly he did the same to JDT. Kyu Jin don’t even feel remorseful or think whether he ever done wrong? Go rewatch what his wife & Mari mentioned when they know SSR alive. So? Isn’t it clear how minhyuk got his Bullying character inherited from? I won’t say minhyuk’s mum doesn’t have but I feel that she do have at least some conscience on what she do. Even when they ganged up to get OYH out of hera palace ; she felt pity for OYH at least for me. I feel that she has a similar treatment by her mother in law? Or something similar to OYH& mother in law relationship. But since that is S1 and seeing S2 she still back to the same. I not sure how to interpret but surely I don’t need to explanation about minhyuk’s character

in fact all the Hera palace children are spoil brats including RN. Also I dislike how writer turn SH to be a nice guy when he literally show he hated Low class kids of his age. He being one of the bully & yet viewers now accept him because they like him and RN? Sorry a bully is always a bully for me. Even when that time they received MSA’s message after her death, he don’t even feel remorseful. He said he don’t trust any adult . Then why will I even trust his character so what that he changed for RN. Sorry I still see him as bully and someone that need to ask for forgiveness or repent to more ppl that he once bullied. Just RN alone sorry he just doing it because he love her. But if is other ppl, who knows he will act the same like they did to MSA  .

I don’t know why you feel prison doesn’t work? So you want all of them died for what they did? Or you want them to do something like charity or donation to ppl like MSA? Maybe but I don’t see that is effective, in fact it look fake. Although I said SH should do that , I meant is he will treat  the people lower than him like how he treat RN, ofc not saying to fall in love. Just treat them better but so far I don’t see he did anything? As for all the parents , sorry prison as of now is a better choice. We can’t bring a dead back alive. At least life term prison 

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 4

@luvjkpop 07

I don't know what kind of person SH  will become at the end of season 3, but at this point, it's obvious that SH isn't a pure angel like his adoptive mom SR, he was willing to commit patricide when he found out that DT tried to murder RN but failed. SH leans into the grey character category since he'd rather choose to side with his adoptive mom (the good side). :naughty:

Personally, I think calling RN a brat is a bit exaggerated since I'm working at a middle school and I've seen a lot of kids who act far worse than RN. I think RN is just a kid with a simple mind, she even cared about EunByeol's wellbeing which led to RN getting harm, while MSA could lie and manipulate the situation (like recorded DT/SJ's affairs tape)  to get what she wanted, but she's got too cocky which resulted in her death. SA should have waited for Logan instead of threatening the rich herself. Perhaps because MSA died so soon, people have a fond memory of her.

Since this is a makjang drama, you need a mary sue female lead who acts like the holy mother, so I understand what kind of character SR is, I doubt that SR would ever want to take revenge on the twins who abused her biological daughter. And sending the enemies to prison is always the best choice for the type of character like SR.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, uuugogirl said:

@luvjkpop 07

Personally, I think calling RN a brat is a bit exaggerated since I'm working at a middle school and I've seen a lot of kids who act far worse than RN. I think RN is just a kid with a simple mind, she even cared about EunByeol's wellbeing which led to RN getting harm, while MSA could lie and manipulate the situation (like recorded DT/SJ's affairs tape)  to get what she wanted, but she's got too cocky which resulted in her death. SA should have waited for Logan instead of threatening the rich herself. Perhaps because MSA died so soon, people have a fond memory of her.

Sorry I should state more clearly I meant as compared to the HERA palace & CheongAh kids. RN is not that spoilt  brat as them. You are right I see something similar as you mentioned. I meant RN is a total spoilt brat more like someone venting out/putting/blaming her miserable suffering to her mother. Just sorry I should be more clear. 

======================================================================

Anyway saw the pre-release vid.

Spoiler

So is OYH whe report about the Kyu Jin , his wife & Mari about dumping MSA corpse. Sadly for those viewers who afraid that Mari will break her friendship with OYH but is OYH that who break it. Guess that scene will be OYH turning herself in

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

I don’t know why you feel prison doesn’t work? So you want all of them died for what they did? Or you want them to do something like charity or donation to ppl like MSA?

I don't like prisons because they expose innocent people and low risk offenders to high risk offenders and there is no guarantee that when they get out nothing will happen. It is obvious that Ju dantae has some issues and i don't think a prison is going to help with that. 

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Season 3 premieres in June

I am glad that YH turned herself in and she just got 3 years. It was the best decision for her to make. I can't believe i am feeling sorry for YC. i CAN'T BLAME HIM FOR TRYING TO PROTECT HIS DAUGHTER.

I knew that someone was going to die. definitely. If that person comes back alive then this writer is not a good writer because it is not possible for him to survive an accident like that

Was there a time jump because why was Logan going to propose that was so weird.

In all honest Logan's character was getting boring i just wish he was a bad person. 

I really felt for jenny and i hope she doesn't blame RN for this

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LightFurie111 said:

Reveal hidden contents

killed off Logan, JDT's secretary, Jenny's father and Logan's brother planned a bomb in Logan's car

secretary? are you sure? and guy in the logan's car who is he?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Songbae said:

I don't like prisons because they expose innocent people and low risk offenders to high risk offenders and there is no guarantee that when they get out nothing will happen. It is obvious that Ju dantae has some issues and i don't think a prison is going to help with that. 

OHH I see, I thought you meant the Hera palace parents. 

===============================================================

Spoiler

Hmm I don't know whether to consider Logan is dead. I won't be surprised if next season Logan is really alive. I know he is close to the bomb but I ever watch a drama the character is near the bomb but he/she is still alive just he/she got serious burns. However, I think it depends on how the bomb impact. that is why I say not to consider Logan is dead & won't be surprised writer bring him back alive.

So I think we are clear now that Jenny's father even though he took the rep for JDT's old crime, he still works for him? Since I think JDT received something regarding "about Logan Out" & we got the scene Logan is bombed & Jenny's father knocked SSR & smirked. I think the airplane that Logan met , he said he is Mr Baek? I heard something Mr Baek so I think he also part of JDT. so S3 main villain still JDT but his other lackey is now appearing one of it is Jenny's father

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 1