[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Spoiler

It was a good episode. So now after destroying DT they are going to destroy each other. I don’t know much about love but SH and RN are cute though. No they are cringy I hate it when people have weaknesses 

I still think that the Logan Lee and SR angle is weird and uncomfortable.

I have a bone to pick with Logan Lee. He is not the brightest he just has money. A lot of people see him as this saviour and I don’t know why. He never really learns his lesson. YH learnt her lesson from season one but he is still the same person that he was in season one. I hate the fact that he said that he was going to protect RN and he doesn’t like people that harm kids but he was pretty calm when RN died. He literally sent her to the lion’s den for what. Chungah trophy? He used RN ‘s guilt and that was messed up. He planted that tutor in SJ’s house and messed with EB. I don’t like EB but I don’t like what they did to her. He knew that she needed help and used that against her. I didn’t like the fact that he used RN’s death against YH Like let the woman grieve. Logan lee is just as selfish as SJ based on my interpretations. He always wants to be the saviour like dude you are never there when you are needed but when You are not needed you are always there and he hasn’t done anything interesting this season. They need to stop using the kids to get what they want

I am glad that YH has learnt her lesson and is no longer the naive person that she was in Season 1. She needs to control her emotions more. Less crying please.

I still believe that she didn’t kill MSA but if she actually did then she deserves what she gets.

• Like 7

The preview for the final episode looked too good to be true. (Probably because S3 flim later on so we have to wait for a much longer time) This is Penthouse, I feel like JDT will somehow clear his innocence and the three FL will battle against JDT in S3.

• Like 6

I feel like JDT is going to blame everything on his right hand man. I mean there are two more episodes in the season, so how are they getting rid of him too quickly. Another theory is that he finds out about SH betrayal and frames him for everything/kills him. I just feel like if SH/BR are Romeo and Juliet (I think they mentioned this in an interview), its SH turn to really die after BR fake death. 

However, maybe they will surprise us and get rid of him and bring on a new villain for the last season. 

I like how they are able to bring BR and SSR alive without having to explain too much. However, does this mean that EB gets away with attacking BR? Because I want her to get in trouble for it, but I guess to catch the bigger fish they let her go.

OYH is crying in the preview, but does she not know that BR is alive. Like did no one tell her, or is this at the beginning of the next episode before she gets a call. Also, with all the Logan scenes I'm also paranoid about him dying. 

I just feel like this season is actually a pretty good ending for the show as a whole, so I'm not sure how they are going to keep extending it. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

However, maybe they will surprise us and get rid of him and bring on a new villain for the last season. 

EB's nanny is still suspicious. She might be the one that killed MSA. I  think JDT will still be around until the end.  

6 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

OYH is crying in the preview, but does she not know that BR is alive. Like did no one tell her, or is this at the beginning of the next episode before she gets a call. Also, with all the Logan scenes I'm also paranoid about him dying. 

Oh, I think OYH will find out through the police. The police found SSR and Bae Rona next to each other in the basement. It looked like she was moving out of Hera Palace.  

• Like 2

When the viewers can't be happy because they arrived at the happy 'end' far too early...

Seriously, this episode made me smile and scream against my pillow and whatnot in the dead of the night, but at the same time, like everyone else said, it's too good to be true. A few unsolved threads:

1. The psycho's past going public

2. The misdeeds of the Cheon Family against Yun Hee going public

3. Ro Na confronting her sperm donor and Eun Byeol with her mother getting the news that RN is sick dude's biological daughter

4. How will Yun Hee pay for her crimes against Seol A - (and was Seol A even killed by Yun Hee I'm still not sure on that part) possibly Yun Hee's murder going public

5. The whole deal with Na Ae Gyo while Su Ryeon was alive - what exactly happened?

6. Cheong A foundation finding out their current head 'killed' their former head - suspiscious how EB didn't react to her losing the video (or maybe prideful dumb diva actually eat the SIM card and the video is still there)

7. How will the tutor play in all this? What exactly was her role and what did the 'step out of the line' actually mean (it was written in her character description)

8. The whole deal with Ma Ri's hubby taking the fall for that psycho and Jenny finding it out (preferably through her mother)

9. The epic, ultimate fall of the leeching lawyers and their son (sry hard to see a redemption for the dude who just has fun watching other people get uncomfortable and suffer)

10. RN and YH's reunion (or maybe none - as part of a deal between Su Ryeon and Ro Na - RN asking SR to keep her away from her own mother so as to atone for her mom's crimes and asking to be sent to the US)

11. The LoganxSuRyeon moments we have been waiting for at the start of S2

12. The SeokRoNa ChocoMilk Pasta Date!

There prbly is much more that needs to be unraveled. But this much for now.

• Like 2

Who was with rona in the room when she called seokhoon?

where is hyein? Is that her name? SR’s fake daughter.

I don’t know anything about biology but if you are stabbed in the head it is serious. I am happy that RN is alive though.

Can they stop beating YC. At this point I just don’t want to see him on my screen. He needs to stop crying and be useful. 
I liked the angle that they were going with Mari I don’t know why they made her go back to kyujin and his wife.

I hope we find out who really killed MSA because Season 3 is going to be crazy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aolian said:

7. How will the tutor play in all this? What exactly was her role and what did the 'step out of the line' actually mean (it was written in her character description)

Theory: I think we'll find out that CSJ  never gave birth to EB and that the tutor is the surrogate mother/birth mother. OYH didn't kill MSA, this person did (She did it for the same reason as OHY) AND now she's trying to take EB away from CSJ

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Theory: I think we'll find out that CSJ  never gave birth to EB and that the tutor is the surrogate mother/birth mother. OYH didn't kill MSA, this person did (She did it for the same reason as OHY) AND now she's trying to take EB away from CSJ

Yeah I don't see CSJ being EB's birth mom. She would never sacrifice her body for a child and being a Soprano meant there's no way she would pay attention to a baby in that way. It's the reason why EB grew up so detached to her mom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

As long as YH isn’t the killer. She has not been annoying this season

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aolian said:

When the viewers can't be happy because they arrived at the happy 'end' far too early...

Seriously, this episode made me smile and scream against my pillow and whatnot in the dead of the night, but at the same time, like everyone else said, it's too good to be true. A few unsolved threads:

5. The whole deal with Na Ae Gyo while Su Ryeon was alive - what exactly happened?

About this , looking at the Ep 11 subbed  when SSR (acting as Na AeGyo) & JDT after taking Logan away, they mentioned about Jung Doo Man, SSR (acting as Na AeGyo) asked JDT whether SSR know about Jung Doo Man, JDT said no way that SSR would know. But he didn't know actually SSR already know about Jung Doo Man if not she won't say his name during the time SSR found the album. 

P.S just my guess:  I think SSR knew who is Jung Doo Man before the switch. maybe by Na AeGyo was instructed by Jung Doo Man to look for her & she told SSR /Jung Doo Man came to look for SSR & told SSR about Na Aegyo & work together. The fact that SSR knew that Na Aegyo need to be hidden & not shown in public. Don't forget JDT mentioned being lost in touch with Na Aegyo for 2 yrs. So I think maybe Jung Doo Man contacted Na Aegyo during that 2 yrs (sorry I didn't watch the whole S1, just to check the night JDT killed SSR is 2 yrs ago from S2 timeline right?)

So SSR definitely knew about Na Aegyo  not through  JDT since in S1 before they married, JDT told SSR that the twin's mother is dead after giving birth. So SSR know about Na Aegyo either  Na Aegyo came to look SSR & told her about Jung Doo Man saying there are business partner (but that maybe not truth [the statement SSR mentioned " Na Aegyo & Jung Doo Man is not only business partner]) or from Jung Doo Man himself to ask her to work with him along with Na Aegyo. Hence JDT didn't know SSR know about Na Aegyo & Jung Doo Man. I think Jung Doo Man is the key person to get JDT 's downfall . But how he will do it . I not know sure.

Also the Ep 12 preview where SSR hugged a guy at the bar. I not sure is it Jung Doo Man (as most speculating). It can be Jung Doo Man but I don't see it as Jung Doo Man  because I look at the preview based on the man's side view, it looks like actor Park Ho San more than actor Yoo Jun Sang.

So I think is actor Park Ho San since his side view I can't never forget. so if it is actor Park Ho San, isn't he acting as Jenny's father. So what his deal with SSR? if is not Actor Park Ho San, then when is Jenny's father going to appear didn't they say he is appearing in S2 , since no official news about the cast lineup for S3 other than the usual cast. Anyway is just my guess. I 've been think Jenny's father though he take the rep of JDT's crime but I feel he also someone working with Jung Doo Man

So no one is curious about the underground room SSR found? Like I know she used it for her return plan. But I do think there is more to it. Like why it was locked and the thing inside (p.s. I believe there are things in the underground room that maybe can bring the falldown of JDT)  belongs to who ?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively within 1 hour, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 1

So Secretary Jo is confirmed is part of SSR & logan's side right? Oh is he planted at JDT side by Jung Doo Man since the beginning? As yesterday ep , both scene Secretary Jo let Logan & SSR escaped , he made a hand gesture seems like hinting something. But I really doubt he is working for SSR or Logan but he is instructed to help them by someone, as SSR had her own secretary that time who was already died in S1 , that time Secretary Jo is around right? Also, SSR never communicated with Secretary Jo. As for Logan, he definitely had no reason to put him under JDT if Secretary jo worked for JDT for 10 yrs (p.s. if this info is wrong, I'm sorry) as he is after JDT because of Min Seol Ah and now he doing is after JDT because of  SSR . Hence,  if Secretary Jo is a spy , it definitely not SSR & Logan but someone else which I think is Jung Doo Man & he is being instructed to help SSR & Logan. But I still can't explain why Logan stopped & turned around to look at Secretary Jo for so long like if he want to check whether Secretary Jo & his men is followed when he see the train went pass means Secretary Jo & his men can't get them since there is a timing for that train , he can just leave yet he make a stop & turn around let Secretary Jo saw him for some time like doing some eye contact when he can just left with SSR. That scene been bothering me for long. So I wonder is Logan also contacted by Jung Doo Man too after SSR's death?

Another thing  is bothering me about Secretary Jo, yesterday they shown how Na Aegyo & SSR switched places. but SSR definitely was still showing her long hair when she wore Na Aegyo's outfit after seeing Na Aegyo's body & got kidnapped by Secretary Jo & his men. At that time he should have knew, the one he caught is SSR right? unless he thought Na Aegyo forget to remove SSR's wig. then he is really dumb for being a hooligan. Anyway I want to say my view,  if he saw SSR hair when he caught her & knew it was not a wig & knew was SSR he captured , yet he didn't told JDT means he working for someone & I think is Jung Doo Man

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 3

Seems like DT liked Na aegyo.

it was very dumb for SJ to think that she could go Scot free after everything she did.

I am not a fan of what they are doing with YH. I don’t LIKE the death angle it is stale the writer needs to come up with something better. But I don’t think that she is dead.

We didn’t see the jump so till then.

I don’t know why everyone knew that RN was alive except her mother. Logan knew that YH wanted to kill herself so why didn’t he tell her. See this is why I don’t like him and I don’t even care about what the tutor is doing.

So we are getting a time jump and Logan wants to propose. Sweet home Alabama

Now we know that YC always loved YH. So sick.

I don’t like what they want to do with EB

• Like 5

Anyone know did they mentioned all the cast will be doing both S2 & S3 when the writer confirmed they doing 2 seasons? I guess not?

Spoiler

I doubt OYH will die. I really hard kdrama always show that train bypass when the character is committing suicide

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 2

The HELL was that ending - I can somehow understand that YH was in such an unstable mindset and everyone was just focused on getting that psychopath in prison that no one noticed YH's depression that brought her to suicide. But like,

Spoiler

Yun Hee, no, don't kill yourself - what are you doing - your daughter is alive, don't rob her of her mom, I thought we had a happy ending, please, come back to life, don't make us assume the worst, chaebal-

But frustration aside, that leaves us with a few other plotlines (adding to the list of plotlines I posted a page back or so):

1. If RN hears about her mother's suicide, then she'd assume herself an orphan since she has neither a mom (suicide) or a dad (since for all she knows, her dad is dead for years) That means The RN-YC confrontation is going to be sooo intense since

a. RN will have to confront the truth about her birth without her mother (so no emotional support)

b. to add, her father is a guy who tried to sabotage her own performance for his other daughter without a single thought about her and he couldn't make her mother happy despite her having asked that of him

But on the other hand, that would make it far easier for Su Ryeon and Logan to adopt RN and get her away from the toxic environment that is Korea/Hera Palace, you name it. Esp. that trailer makes me wanna see the twins start a new life with RN somewhere else.

Then we have the two new characters (I think?) due next week. I wonder how they are going to contribute to the plot.

I believe there will be a scene next episode where the leech lawyers are in jail and Jenny's mom having something to do with it.

There is also the deal with EB, now that I'm guessing both her father and mother are in jail and the creepy tutor is getting all possessive over her.

• Like 5