[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

6 hours ago, Songbae said:

. Eugene has been killing it as oh Yoon hee. I have low expectations for idols that become actresses but she is a natural and she is so beautiful.

Hmm, I don't know why people are shocked by Eugene's acting. I know some of her drama before Penthouse was not famous but she did quite well just maybe her role always seems the same? I guess part of the reason why she was worried about taking her role OYH when she got this script plus after giving birth to 2 child , a huge gap since she last acted.

For me , though I don't really watch many of her old family drama, but I think OYH's character (maybe this season) give her a chance to show more of her acting skill that many people didn't know. as I think some of her family drama character is similar to each other. The only drama I watched is "King of Baking, Kim Takgu" which was hit drama that time. But she was not the lead and her role is not like OYH or those navie woman as I remember I hated her character in that drama & what she did to the female lead. So don't judge her acting of evil/revenge side.

Actually idols going to actor/actresses maybe the recent idols personally I think the older gen idols esp gen 1 do have a few good ones. 2nd gen also have a few but less than gen 1. 3rd gen not many I can say is good since I don't watch web-drama which most of them started from 

5 hours ago, airgelaal said:

I won't be surprised if it is MSA biological father :)

Possible or possible not, maybe MSA biological father's family is helping SSR. As it seems like SSR's husband is kind of rich & have some power?

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

They already showed her biological father. Lee Min Ho (the other one) played him in season 1 and was killed by JDT.  

The album shows two people. Na Ae Gyo and Jung Doo Man. Remember that name, because I believe he'll show up in Season 3. I believe he's the real father of the Ju twins. 

Well who knows you even mentioned Kim Soon OK revived her character after being shot died in a bullet, maybe same plot being used? Ohh I can't remember did JDT killed 3 times again after the head shot since I only watched clips so I'm not sure. If he/his men pull more shots on SSR's husband then okay he is indeed dead since the clip I watch cut off to where JDT asked SSR to be his wife.

Edited by luvjkpop 07
  • Like 2

Rona rose from the dead, how I wish it was Seol-A who rose from the dead. Seoul-A death was the most pitiful as she was bullied here and there and she didn’t even get a chance to sew her mom acknowledge her. She even have to work to support herself and was like such a good student with good voice. Rona on the other hand was a bit naughty back at those scenes she rebels Yoon Hee. Anyway I am still hopeful that Seol-A might just miraculously come back in season 3 since although said she was burnt but we didn’t see her real corpse and was not tested for her DNA that will be the most surprising to watch. Not Rona for me.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

Su Ryeon tatoo is fake

Although the setting spray can do the trick, it can be something against her.

6 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

her wig can be snatched off, why hasn't he done any of this yet?

I suppose that's some really strong glue. 

I feel bad for SJ eventhough she did a lot of bad deeds. She's blinded by JDT to the point she didn't learn what happened to SSR, and now her fate could potentially be the same as SSR. Of course the writer wouldn't let that happen because we have another season left. 

Either way, who do you think the person who was tied up and beaten by JDT in the preview? She better not be NAG.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Secretz said:

I feel bad for SJ eventhough she did a lot of bad deeds. She's blinded by JDT to the point she didn't learn what happened to SSR, and now her fate could potentially be the same as SSR. Of course the writer wouldn't let that happen because we have another season left. 

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but in the final episode of S1 JDT and SJ were drinking wine and talking about SSR's death. I think SJ knows that JDT planned the murder, and she asked him if he did it with his own hands. He denied that, but she knew he was behind it. And she was perfectly fine with him ordering it, as long as he wasn't the type of person to do it himself. At least that's how I remember it. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong but in the final episode of S1 JDT and SJ were drinking wine and talking about SSR's death. I think SJ knows that JDT planned the murder, and she asked him if he did it with his own hands. He denied that, but she knew he was behind it. And she was perfectly fine with him ordering it, as long as he wasn't the type of person to do it himself. At least that's how I remember it. 

Let's see all the crimes CSJ committed... 

• Desecration of the human corpse
  • Tempering with the evidence
  • Involuntary manslaughter
  • Forging evidence 
  • Aiding a homicide 
  • Frame-up 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, luvjkpop 07 said:

Hmm, I don't know why people are shocked by Eugene's acting. I know some of her drama before Penthouse was not famous but she did quite well just maybe her role always seems the same? I guess part of the reason why she was worried about taking her role OYH when she got this script plus after giving birth to 2 child , a huge gap since she last acted.

Eugene has always been known as a wonderful actress so I don't think anyone's shocked. The issue was that she got overshadowed by Kim So Yeon in season 1 and Kim So Yeon was also the one people were rooting for to win the daesang/top excellence award. But all 3 female leads ended up winning in the end. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

i am really confused about one thing... they keep saying that na ae gyo acted as shim su ryeon for ju dan tae till shim su rreon died. But WHERE? Like the person we saw in season 1 was oboviously shim su ryeon so where was na ae gyo acting as shim su ryeon? how did other people and shim su ryeon never notice? On top of this na ae gyo said that she acted as shim su ryeon for 20 years

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, kobirona said:

i am really confused about one thing... they keep saying that na ae gyo acted as shim su ryeon for ju dan tae till shim su rreon died. But WHERE? Like the person we saw in season 1 was oboviously shim su ryeon so where was na ae gyo acting as shim su ryeon? how did other people and shim su ryeon never notice? On top of this na ae gyo said that she acted as shim su ryeon for 20 years

It was mentioned in season 1 that SSR was seen doing shady dealings and sleeping around with politicians which Logan suspected was NAG. I think she's been pretending to be SSR to get financial gains (as JDT's wife she holds power). 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

Let's see all the crimes CSJ committed... 

• Desecration of the human corpse
  • Tempering with the evidence
  • Involuntary manslaughter
  • Forging evidence 
  • Aiding a homicide 
  • Frame-up 

Included JDT.......No Crime. Kim Soon-ok said so.

• LOL 1

EVENT: Tweak my oppa! COMPETITION - Win prizes! :love:

Now you have a chance to show us your photo editing skills and promote your oppa or favorite drama!

Tweak a picture of your oppa, a drama poster and/or a picture we Event Organizers have picked out for you.

You don't have to be a master of photoshopping in order to participate. There are lots of free SW and apps available to edit pictures, even on your phone. So don't be shy! :kiss_wink:

We have great prizes for the winners! :partyblob:

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl

• Wiggle 1

Even though I like Ro Na her being alive was revealed way too soon and it didn't have that shocking factor like SSR coming into the penthouse and being like Hey Joon Dan Tae miss me. I feel like they should've revealed it in season 3 to make it more shocking and dramatic, now it just seems like everyone is raising from the dead and it doesn't have that shock value. It's like oh look someone got killed! Don't worry 99% they are coming back to life. Also, YC finding out he is Ro Na's dad the same episode just made it seem more disappointing that they didn't wait to show us such a big reveal of her being alive. In SKY Castle what was amazing was that the dad also in a way killed his daughter who he lived with and only found out she was his after her death and it was devastating he finally realised his wrongdoings.  Feel like this type of concept feels more realistic too that you don't know what you had until it's too late, lucky for YC he is going to have a redemption arc. 

I love how smart SSR is I mean my girl knew YH has bugged her phone and was listening to her, I mean nothing gets passed her, I mean how a character as smart as her could be killed by JDT that's why she raised from the dead. Oh that LL and SSR reunion was so sweet! Finally my ship is sailing it better not hit any ice bergs like titanic! Although, next episode it seem that JDT is one step ahead and has once again kidnapped LL give that man a break! I really hope SSR was anticipating something like this and nothing happens to her she is too smart for JDT, she will figure something out. 

Now SJ is finally getting her karma, it seems so many people are forgetting how she bullied Ro Na, stabbed YH's neck, basically kidnapped Seol A and hit her, then helped cleaning out the murder scene and staged a suicide letter, seduced JDT and cheated on YH (now crying she loves him), covered her daughters supposed murder, also mentally abused her daughter, killed her father, got YC kicked out of the hospital. I feel like I'm forgetting something ? Oh yeah helped JDT with SSR murder. Anyway, she is finally getting the taste of her own medicine she was the one who wanted JDT to be her man now she is experiencing it for herself what it's really like. Yes, what's happening to her is horrible, but let's be honest did she ever feel bad for YH? No, she was always gloating and now she asks her for help. I don't feel bad for her at all she is one of the lesser evils. She still only cares about herself and EB.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, samzi85 said:

Im pretty sure everyone called rona being YC daughter

Now I hope she didn't lie to make him suffer, I find it a little weird that since all this time YC has not had any doubts and that YH has not tried to tell him the truth since years, not counting the timeline
But then it's a drama, the writers write whatever they want

• Like 2

For me, Eugene has always been both a great actress and one of the most beautiful people in dramaland. Great beauty is more often than not followed by an undercurrent of toxic jealousy. Had her acting talent ever been suspect by those doing the casting, she would have been relegated to minor roles, or out of the business long ago. She doesn't need acting as her only go to as we all well know. She is a person of various talents. The extraordinary beauty and charm is just the cherry on top of the sundae. :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Gretule said:

Now SJ is finally getting her karma, it seems so many people are forgetting how she bullied Ro Na, stabbed YH's neck, basically kidnapped Seol A and hit her, then helped cleaning out the murder scene and staged a suicide letter, seduced JDT and cheated on YH (now crying she loves him), covered her daughters supposed murder, also mentally abused her daughter, killed her father, got YC kicked out of the hospital. I feel like I'm forgetting something ? Oh yeah helped JDT with SSR murder. Anyway, she is finally getting the taste of her own medicine she was the one who wanted JDT to be her man now she is experiencing it for herself what it's really like. Yes, what's happening to her is horrible, but let's be honest did she ever feel bad for YH? No, she was always gloating and now she asks her for help. I don't feel bad for her at all she is one of the lesser evils. She still only cares about herself and EB.

THIS

Also to add, even now she's still not repentant on anything, she's just mad that DT tricked her and is torturing her. She even has the nerve to literally steal SSR's husband and then when she saw the picture of SSR in the torture room, she said something like "SSR, is this your revenge? Handing me a trashy man like JDT?". No sweetie, you took that trash bag yourself! She's literally victimizing herself without remorse that this is what she deserves for engaging in an affair. She's blaming a dead woman! 

To me, SJ is finally getting her just deserts. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Yes. She also acted as look out. Called JDT to inform him that SSR arrived in the building.  

although I do feel rather sorry for her.  But SJ and even YH have to pay for their past crimes.

37 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

Now I hope she didn't lie to make him suffer, I find it a little weird that since all this time YC has not had any doubts and that YH has not tried to tell him the truth since years, not counting the timeline
But then it's a drama, the writers write whatever they want

I felt it was a lie to make him suffer.

not one but two fake deaths.  Turning out to be an unbelievable comedy. Disappointed with the writer.

• Like 2