[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

3 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

Episode 8's ratings was better than the all of the ratings from Season 1 except for Episode 21.  Episode 21 of Season 1 has Penthouse's highest rating. Episode 8 of Season 2 has the third highest rating. 

Season 1

• Episode 19 - 23.5 (Nationwide)
  • Episode 20 - 23.8 (Nationwide)
  • Episode 21 - 28.8 (Nationwide)

Season 2

• Episode 6 - 26.9 (Nationwide)
  • Episode 7 - 23.5 (Nationwide)
  • Episode 8 - 24.8 (Nationwide)

First Drop? Episode 8 had better ratings than episode 7.  

• Like 2

Once this whole Penthouse thing is done, I wouldn't be surprised if Kim So Yeon actually picks a rom-com or a weekend family drama as her next project. Seo Jin is a very exhausting character with all the screaming and the sobbing. No wonder they had the character develop nodules.

Can they bring in a love interest for Seok Kyung? Maybe she'll learn to tone it down when she finds herself pre-occupied with something other than bullying others or her brother's love life.

Sorry, not buying the whole Seok Hoon/Eun Byeol dating angle even if he's only doing it for revenge. The last thing I need is for EB to be redeemed without letting her face the consequences of her actions.

• Like 4

The red marks on Logan's face is supposed to be a disguise?  Not a clever disguise as it doesn't do anything to hide Logan's face.  Instead, it just draws attention to his face. 

I don't think Eun Byeol will be redeemed.  She definitely needs professional help.   Her flying over the cuckoo's nest will be the final nail in the coffin for Seo Jin.  Yeon Hee went unpunished in S1 for killing MSR.  She paid for it in S2 with RN's death.  JDT loves nobody so I guess there is no loss that would make him human. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, O said:

The red marks on Logan's face is supposed to be a disguise?  Not a clever disguise as it doesn't do anything to hide Logan's face.  Instead, it just draws attention to his face. 

I don't think Eun Byeol will be redeemed.  She definitely needs professional help.   Her flying over the cuckoo's nest will be the final nail in the coffin for Seo Jin.  Yeon Hee went unpunished in S1 for killing MSR.  She paid for it in S2 with RN's death.  JDT loves nobody so I guess there is no loss that would make him human. 

re: JDT - I don't think he'll ever be redeemed as well. My theory is that they're probably saving his downfall for Season 3. But can he at least get some comeuppance for this season? He's getting away with almost everything (YC's injury, blackmailing SJ) and it's kinda annoying already. At least Seo Jin has now been knocked off her pedestal.

Never really noticed the marks on Logan's face. Hmmm... let me re-watch those scenes.

• Like 2

Looking back at Season 1, I believe JDT was originally suppose to be MSA's killer. I mean, why else would he have a flashback of him pushing MSA off the edge? I think the show's extension changed the killer to OYH.  I believe the investor's meeting on episode 20 was suppose to reveal JDT had committed the crime. It was the show's end game. 

I also think at CSJ's ceremony in Episode 20 was suppose to reveal that CSJ pushed her father down the stairs. That was her end game.     

• Like 3

14 hours ago, samzi85 said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1459492wpp/park-ho-san-in-talks-to-join-the-penthouse-2

He's gonna be playing Jenny's dad according to this, if all works out

Brilliant. I love this. He's awesome, and I hope he plays a big role!

One of the things I didn't like about Season 1 is how Mari had very little to do except to just be a cackling, tacky sidekick. Shin Eun-Kyeong is a great actor, so it was depressing that it seemed like she was being pushed aside just because she's a little older.

There's a great drama called "Mom's Dead Upset" that I love, and Shin Eun-Kyeong is in it.

So, an interesting fact is that the young actress playing her step-daughter is the actress who plays Min Seol-Ah.

http://www.ezday.co.kr/bbs/view_board.html?q_sq_board=794433 (Korean)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Brilliant. I love this. He's awesome, and I hope he plays a big role!

There's 5 more episodes left to the season. There's already so much going on. Now they have another sub-plot that involves in Ju Dan Tae and Mari's family? Maybe they should of saved this for Season 3?

Also, why do I have a feeling CSJ is going to turn herself in. To avoid getting married. 

• Like 4

I need a worthy adversary for Joo Dan Tae. Logan and the ladies aren't up to the task yet since they keep getting caught every time they pull off one of their stunts. Yoon Cheol's comeback during the first half of S2 would've been it and then he was ruined by this whole EB sub-plot.

• Like 5

Never mind about the Logan Lee theory of him saving Bae Ro Na, as always the true devil of The Penthouse Joon Dan Tae was the one to take off her life support. So there is no way she is alive now. Seok Hoon and Ro Na romance ship has sunk all we have left is Logan Lee and Na Ae Gyu who I'm still convinced is Shim Su Ryeon. Never mind it is Shim Su Ryeon the tatto was not real and she was wearing a wig!

I knew that the Queen of The Penthouse Shim Su Ryeon was too smart to die that way, I'm so happy it's actually her! Now my Logan Lee and Shim Su Ryeon ship can sail! What an amazing episode although I didn't understand anything without subs, will need to watch it again later. 

So excited to see what Shim Su Ryeon has in store for Mr. Devil man. This drama keeps getting better and better, knew she would be back since they never showed her body in morgue or anything. Sad about Ro Na though, doesn't seem like she will be back it's Joon Dan Tae we're talking about he ain't saving her. 

I was typing this while watching the episode that's why it seems all messy!:joy:

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Gretule said:

I knew that the Queen of The Penthouse Shim Su Ryeon was too smart to die that way, I'm so happy it's actually her! Now my Logan Lee and Shim Su Ryeon ship can sail! What an amazing episode although I didn't understand anything without subs, will need to watch it again later. 

IT'S OFFICIAL, SSR IS ALIVE! 

I'd prefer if the butterfly tattoo was permanent, because it might be something that could go against her at some point. (The tattoo might be smudged and she might place the tattoo at a slightly different location) How many temporary tattoos does her have, lol? :joy:

Do people shower with their wig on? I get that you want to wash it but it would be a different approach. I was relieved seeing the shower scene but it's kinda illoical if you think about it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Secretz said:

I'd prefer if the butterfly tattoo was permanent, because it might be something that could go against her at some point. How many temporary tattoos does her have, lol? :joy:

Exactly it will go against her, would've been easier to just get a permanent one instead. But, I guess they wanted to make a cool reveal that it is Shim Su Ryeon by having it wash ways. How does she even put that tattoo on it doesn't look to be in a very comfortable place. :blink:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gretule said:

Never mind about the Logan Lee theory of him saving Bae Ro Na, as always the true devil of The Penthouse Joon Dan Tae was the one to take off her life support. So there is no way she is alive now. Seok Hoon and Ro Na romance ship has sunk all we have left is Logan Lee and Na Ae Gyu who I'm still convinced is Shim Su Ryeon. 

I don't know, but after the episode of Rona's death, there was a video showing a preview of this season on insta which quickly showed Rona alive but she seemed to be pale, in any case we'll see, he never say never

12 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

YC is always getting beaten up its predictable and tiresome at this point.

Right now he is just filled with so much guilt, and is pretty useless.

I hope to see less of him for now and focus on a new character like Mari's husband. He might be entertaining to watch. Though I'm not sure if the role would be a fit for Park Ho San. I liked him in Prison Playbook but not with some of his roles after that.

With season2, I find the odd episodes boring and this episode in particular snooze inducing. Maybe tomorrow's episode get more interesting since now we know Suryeon is just pretending to be someone else. And it's good that it's her, because I really don't like Na Ae Gyo as a character. 

And I agree with the others why is the tattoo not permanent? And the wig is weird, when she could simply just have a haircut. 

What I don't get is why Suryeon is acting alone? Can't she hire a trustworthy bodyguard like the older bodyguard who helped her in season one? Ju Dante could easily kill her again. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kboramint said:

RIP Na AeKyo. We hardly knew you.  Makes you wonder though, how much of SSR in episode 20-21 was NAK. 

Still would mean NAG actually died back in EP 20/21. The way she spoke to Logan made me think that her 'run away' was just because she didn't want an innocent third party to be involved in the affair between her and her ex-husband (as in her husband should be convicted, not some innocent person). 

I'd love to see the part where Su Ryeon and Ae Gyo meet up and change/swap places.

But still, that means that if the twins did meet their mother before their father goes down, Su Ryeon has to lie to them and insist that she is Ae Gyo, worse, she'd have to act indifferent towards them if they met in front of the psychopath.

Imagine she survives the psycho and after all that she goes to the twins and tells them that she has been their supposedly-dead stepmother all along... I guess SH would understand the circumstances but SK would flip like hell to be betrayed like that - and we'd have a brat SK scene.

• Like 2