[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Since I read they cast Um Ki Joon, I know JDT is the real villain, would not been surprised if he is behind more than one death. (if you watch his other drama Defendant, you will understand :crazy:).

I find LL character is boring and indifferent. I mean he knows everything but he is always out of the picture, he did not connect or have a conversation with other main characters. Feel like he is writer-nim or PD-nim. :w00t::w00t:

Even HYC has more things to talk about, though we disgust him. 

EB deserved all that, but I cannot help to feel pity to her that so many things happened to her when she is only 19 yrs old.

• Like 2

I feel like they want us to feel bad for CSJ, but I just don't. She has no remorse that BRN is dead, just pain that her daughter is a criminal that she wants to protect. If someone else had done it, she prob would have been happy that her daughter's competition was dead.

I kinda love that JDT is trapping her into a corner. CSJ didn't have a problem with him killing SSR. She just cared that he didn't do it with his own hands. So she is kinda getting exactly what she deserves. 

If they go the route of redemption arc, I prob still won't feel any sympathy for her, she works better as a villain. 

I wanted HYC to be the bio-father of BRN, but I do not think they are going that way anymore. I feel like if he was YH would have already revealed it to cause him guilt/pain. There wouldn't be a reason to keep it a secret anymore. 

I am loving SH pushing EB to remember, I hope it drives her crazy. 

I think for BRN either she is truly dead and JDT is the one to remove the oxygen or she's alive and LL did something and got her out of there. Its just that this is Penthouse, unless I see the dead body on a morgue slab I don't believe the person is actually dead. 

• Like 8

Hello guys, first time posting here! Just want to drop some of my random thoughts

- until now, I dont believe that SSR already dead, she is the heroine after all, besides she is too smart to die like that! Even after logan back, and YH went to berserk mode, it wont be enough without SSR to bringing the evils down! I believe its her twin sister whos dead, and she is now pretending to be her twin.

- Rona is dead. I feel like she had the same fate as SA, she replace SA as the victim of bullying, she got bullied then dead. Bullying is big issue in korea, when someone get severe bullied, either the victims get killed by the bully or the victims killed themselves. It sad truth. Rona doesn't deserve it, so is SA. Unless the bully received its karma, I dont think it wouldnt stop, thats why after SA death, Rona is the next victim. I'm glad EB starting to get her karma, I hope there is no more victim. Besides, its probably YH karma after she killed SA (I still believe she really did it, YH is not innocent character here, Rona is her everything after all she can do anything for rona).

• Like 4

whoa I think aegyo is suryeon, and seo jin I dont know how she can escape dantae, except when she founds that dantae is the real killer, I hope dantae will go down soon in this season dont drag again till season 3.

I also hope bae rona is not dead yet, its logan who faked her death.. although little chance of it. feel sad for yoon hee.

• Like 2

So JDT gets into a fight with NAG, sees blood on his hands & remembers something from his tragic past. He had no flashbacks when he got blood on his hands beating up SR, SY & others!   Think it’s weak writing.  I also don’t like how we now know he gets his wealth from robbing women blind. Kind of makes him a cheap, vulgar criminal rather than a mastermind he was made out to be in S1.

and if he knew all along about NAG, why would he call say ‘SY?’ When he first saw her. What did he mean that she had to play SY for many years?

I did not enjoy seeing Jeni slap EB. When will all this nonsense stop? Just keep taking turns to be the top shark & the outcast.  EB is mentally unhinged. She needs treatment, not slaps. If they keep targeting her & she unravels before their eyes..well that guilt will stay with them for the rest of their life. Or they may be too hard boiled to care & will just go look for another victim.

I hope the assemblyman’s son gets his due soon. Hate seeing the whole family. 

• Like 5

Yes the bullying cycle never ends. ALthough I hate EB and loved seeing her annoying face get slapped lol  Its very hypocritical of the kids to bully EB over Rona death.  They hated Rona when she was alive and always harrassed her. Now that she's gone you now care about her. Get the heck outta here with that.

• Like 4

Here's my theory about the relationship between NAG, JDT, and SSR. 

NAG and JDT knew each other since childhood. When they became adults, they discovered that NAG looked like SSR. They took advantage of that and NAG would start pretending to be SSR so they can scheme others into giving them money. Politicians, billionaires, etc.  It made JDT really rich and he and NAG gave birth to the twins. At the same time, JDT would meet the real SSR and decide to get engaged just so he can take over SSR's Construction company. JDT would tell NAG to go into hiding. JDT discovers that SSR doesn't want to marry him so he goes to America, murders SSR's first husband and brings SSR back to Korea.  

• Like 7
  • Insightful 4

That was a funny tweet:

To. 주단태 미친놈 개자식 쓰레기 퉤 From. 심수련 천서진

To. Ju Dan-Tae, crazy RickRoll'D, son of a dog, trash, spit

From. Shim Su-Ryeon, Cheon Seo-Jin

(... and everyone else!)

--

I enjoyed this weekend's episodes.

It was honestly cathartic when Seo-Jin got down on her knees to apologize to Yun-Hui for what she did to her in the past as Yun-Hui wept. It isn't nearly enough retribution, and the apology was begrudging and coerced, but it still meant something for Seo-Jin to finally admit the truth.

And I enjoy seeing Seo-Jin flailing. I don't completely despise her - she's not the worst person in "He-Pel," after all - and this actress is seriously fantastic in this role. She spends nearly half the time having crazed-eyed convulsions this season and looks fabulous while doing it.

So Seo-Jin's world is crashing down around her - her daughter is cuckoo, her career is dust, and she has to marry JUDANTE! She is basically about to lose everything - and the fact that she committed negligent homicide of her own father hasn't even been revealed yet. So, lots of screaming ahead.

--

Also enjoyed Mari actually having something to do besides playing a clown sidekick like she did all during Season One. I was touched by how she comforted Yun-Hui while she was grieving.

Seriously, what the heck kind of CPR was that? HAHAHAHA. It's Penthouse!

What's going on with Logan's hair color? I don't like the puke-green color.

Ghost Rona haunting Eun-Byeol. SO CAMPY. Penthouse at its nuttiest.

• Like 4

Anybody notice the red on Logan's face when he follows NAG to the gym? Some are saying his leukemia is back. I swear if this writer hurts logan too :angry:

Edited by Won C
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

and the fact that she committed negligent homicide of her own father hasn't even been revealed yet. So, lots of screaming ahead.

I still think someone else has the copy of the video. EB isn't the type that would alter her voice and send it to CSJ as a threat. 

16 minutes ago, Won C said:

Anybody notice the red on Logan's face when he follows NAG to the gym? Some are saying his leukemia is back. I swear if this writer hurts logan too :angry:

I don't think it is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Won C said:

I hope it's just part of his disguise. I mean, he even put fake teeth when he tried to be the PE teacher

I can't wait for the next episode, esp when OYH said 'your real mom is still alive' to the twins (i am confused here because some people tweeted that OYH said 'your real mom really loves you)

So basically this season is about SJ's falling from her throne. Serve her right! It's so satisfying for me, after what she did in season 1. I hope JDT also will taste his own medicine in the next season. He practically hurt everyone in the drama, and I can't wait for them to gang up and bring him down. I also hope the twin will join hands.

It would be soooo enjoyable to watch

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, annaR said:

So basically this season is about SJ's falling from her throne. Serve her right! It's so satisfying for me, after what she did in season 1. I hope JDT also will taste his own medicine in the next season. He practically hurt everyone in the drama, and I can't wait for them to gang up and bring him down. I also hope the twin will join hands.

It would be soooo enjoyable to watch

I always wondered why OYH met the lawyer guy. Was it because she wanted him to tell JDT that HYC was meeting up with CSJ? JDT somehow did find out that CSJ went to HYC's office. Did Logan's assistant tell him that. She did know where CSJ was going that night. 

What JDT and CSJ doesn't know is that OYH already knows about EB, CSJ and HYC. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

I always wondered why OYH met the lawyer guy. Was it because she wanted him to tell JDT that HYC was meeting up with CSJ?

Yeah, I think so. She used him to tell JDT so JDT can take action on the two.

16 hours ago, fanofr said:

So JDT gets into a fight with NAG, sees blood on his hands & remembers something from his tragic past. He had no flashbacks when he got blood on his hands beating up SR, SY & others!   Think it’s weak writing.  I also don’t like how we now know he gets his wealth from robbing women blind. Kind of makes him a cheap, vulgar criminal rather than a mastermind he was made out to be in S1.

Agreed. I don't like how he obtained his wealth through women. It's really weird because every Female Lead fell for his trap at some point. 

As for the blood thing, I think he's only afraid when there's blood on his face? Either way, I agree, this is weird and buggy.

5 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Also enjoyed Mari actually having something to do besides playing a clown sidekick like she did all during Season One. I was touched by how she comforted Yun-Hui while she was grieving.

I definitely appreciate Mari's growth, finally she did something apart from comic relief.

Seriously, what the heck kind of CPR was that? HAHAHAHA. It's Penthouse!

What's going on with Logan's hair color? I don't like the puke-green color.

I think it was suppose to be raven blue, but the colour came off. As for the CPR, it's just an excuse to kiss, lmao.

Ghost Rona haunting Eun-Byeol. SO CAMPY. Penthouse at its nuttiest.

Ngl, this is the most bizzare scene I've seen in this drama so far. Idk if I dig it or hate it.

• Like 4

I have this feeling that JDT's origin story is going to be very similar to Wilson Fisk's (Daredevil) origin story. JDT had a domestic abusive father that would always hit him and his mother. One day, his father murdered his mother and out of anger, JDT then murdered his father. This is why he strangles the person next to him whenever he has a tragic flashback of his mom. 

17 hours ago, Won C said:

SBS confirmed that Logan Lee's red markings at the gym is just an disguise and not leukemia. Strange that they would squash this fan theory, but they never try to confirm if it was a prop mistake that Shim SuRyeon had ear rings when she entered Hera Palace and then wasn't wearing any when she entered the Penthouse before she died.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

SBS confirmed that Logan Lee's red markings at the gym is just an disguise and not leukemia. Strange that they would squash this fan theory, but they never try to confirm if it was a prop mistake that Shim SuRyeon had ear rings when she entered Hera Palace and then wasn't wearing any when she entered the Penthouse before she died.   

THIS

Production has rarely made mistakes and anytime they have, they've put out statements. Their silence on the earrings issue is very clear and self-explanatory on what's going on here :winkx:

• Like 3

TV: [Spoilers!!!] 'Penthouse 2' sees first drop in viewer ratings after continued rise

0003099592_001_20210314081353306.jpg

ArticleAnalysis on why 'Penthouse 2' viewer ratings went down

Source: Number One Fun via Instagram

1. The characters representing good are being killed off for no reason, and their deaths aren't moving the plot forward

2. Chun Seojin's character is losing her charm: praised for her evil character in the first season, she's become a sobbing mess in the second season and viewers are no longer able to differentiate who is good or evil between Chun Seojin and Oh Yunhee.

3. Ridiculous plot features like a special drug that erases memories and 

4. Oh Yunhee and Logan Lee's story of avenge is supposed to provide viewers with relief but they have accomplished nothing halfway into the season.

5. The drama's continued success will likely depend on how Na Aegyo's character is developed

-

1. [+334] It was good up till last week but so boring yesterday... I think we've gotten too used to eating spicy, salty things and eating anything normal is too boring now

2. [+269] No wonder... I had a hard time paying attention with yesterday's episode

3. [+158] Sometimes it's best to end things when they're at its peak...

4. [+122] I agree, they're dragging the drama on too much. Just hurry up with the avenge and get it over with ㅡㅡ and I'm also sick of Ha Eunbyul getting away with killing someone ㅡㅡ

5. [+51] I think viewers will still keep watching regardless

6. [+20] It's the super makjang stories that get high viewer ratings

7. [+8] Feels like they're just dragging it because they want to continue to season 3

8. [+1] That mukbang of the USB 

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2021/03/tv-spoilers-penthouse-2-sees-first-drop.html

• Like 3