[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Spoiler

Why would they add this new doppelganger character? Honestly, she wasn't needed at all. Just a way to please the Lee Ji Ah stans.

Rona haunting Eunbyul was so thrilling yet funny. I really liked that scene though, and I feel like there was some sort of symbolism when Eunbyul accidentally cut Seojin. In a way, I do sympathize with Yoonchul because no father (regardless of how evil the child is) wants to see their child hurt like that. He really loves Eunbyul. But he's a RickRoll'D for betraying Yoonhee again. Oh, I don't know- I sympathize him to a certain degree?

Still don't like Logan Lee with his Gary Stu self. The way he treated Yoonhee was harsh (but I get why.) She is a grieving mother regardless of her crimes- which is what she's paying for.

Maybe Na Hyekyo (I refuse to write Aegyo because what the hell, writer-nim??) is SSR, maybe she isn't. I just feel like her character was not needed. And I feel like she's not on anyone's side but her own- she's the original Seok-kyung. She will definitely take down Dantae. Dude has been living it up for too long. Perhaps HK wants revenge, maybe the writer pulled a "oh you thought I was dead?" on us like before (I hope not cuz that's just lazy writing at this point), I don't know. I really don't know. Oh, umm- she wants the penthouse too. Damn. Another ambitious wicked snake?

Yoonhee, wake up and slaughter everyone around you! Make them pay!! 

Yoonchul is another snake. But again, I understand why he's doing this.

I can't- Dantae is canoodling with his (potential) baby mama while his fiance is having the worst time with her own family. It seems like he and NHK really do love each other. HE PLANS TO TAKE OVER CHEONG AH?! I KNEW IT!!
Ok I find their relationship slightly creepy. The way Dantae talks to her and treats her is so weird... then again. he's a sociopath. Ugh, the Seok twins... again. And just how many secret rooms does DT have?

She covered up the tattoo? That's weird. Very weird...

Yoonhee, you've been waiting for that guy for 10 years. He ain't coming! Oooh, she's turning evil again? Yay!
Ouch, double betrayal! That's gotta hurt. Oh my god, the blood splattering the screen, holy [censored]! Who pulled YH back when she was gonna go in?

SK if you don't shut the [censored] up- this RickRoll'D is obnoxious, I HATE HER. Still don't like SH but I wanna see what he does. He's fed up with SK. And she's scared cuz he finally blew his top at her. Good.

SJ is insane. Start over?? HUH?! The woman needs major help. Omg, this guy KJ. He is ridiculous! And when did he turn into a fortune-teller?

Hmm, so the maid and Logan took her. Prep her for revenge, Logan.

I cannot believe YH went there. Wow.  So if NHK called Logan Lee on that day... hmm... and she's eating fruits in the next scene (which SSR did). Strange. Another theory?

EB is so traumatized, she needs help too. It's scary to see her deteriorate so bad and so fast. She's gonna wake up real soon and remember everything.

Sang-Ah, the most useless character in this show... nice to see her again. Lmao at Mari imitating her. And they're back to being enemies again! Mari's sass, I love her! 
SA may be useless but she sure does irritate me. The madams showed up to save the day! Yes!! PUT HER IN HER PLACE CHAIRWOMAN SONG!!!

The tyrants' relationship may be toxic but it is interesting as hell.
SH knows EB is lying! He wants revenge!!

Oh wow, so now everyone knows SJ lip-synched at her concert. Man...

That scene with YH and SJ in the auditorium was brilliant. Hands down one of the best scenes in the entire show. Brillaint acting from both Eugene and Kim Soyeon. Now I wanna see YH becoming more evil and less naive.

Lmao, even the Seok twins are shocked. Y'all be scamming and cheating too. Mind the business that pays you. Ok, so everyone is coming for SJ now?? Sheesh!

Oh my god, EB found out and realized everything! Not SJ hallucinaing too... I thought this show was a suspense thriller, not a horror?

HA YUNCHUL WHO ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WANTED YOU TO GO BACK?

The land was transferred to YH?! Better smarten up, girl, before you get scammed! I predict total destruction and wrath from her. I'm excited.

I remember some Korean website that said YH has severe PTSD, that might explain a lot. The study reminds her of SSR's death. That is so sad and heartbreaking.

DT singing while looking for YH is genuinely terrifying. Gave me the chills. 

SHE MET THE TWINS' MOM!!!! AHHHH!!!

That preview was so confusing. Must watch tomorrow's episode.

I have a terrible addiction to this drama. I think this may be one of the few dramas that I'll re-watch once it ends.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, kboramint said:

That is because that's the real SSR. Na Ae Kyo only pretended to be SSR at certain events and places. She did this for the past 20 years.  

I’m not sure how this will all play out or what the backstories are but this is a crazy plot twist that I can get behind. If they make it make sense (like Kboramimt is suggesting). They were clearly looking for the birth mother. She’s been hinted at all season long. It would be a great character arc for SK if she was truly nasty and mean to her own birth mother. I know DT is a nasty piece of work but I’m wondering if there is more behind his violence towards his kids as well.....It would be interesting if the moms switched places for certain moments and events. 

My questions if they did: Why? What would be the point? What is the twins moms motive or goal? 

As for BH I hope her character arc delivers and doesn’t just go off the rails. I kinda want to see her rise, destroy her own mother, win, and then completely crumble in S3. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Secretz said:

If that's the case, then this would be a major bug. Personally, I don't believe this theory because there are a lot of things that doesn't make sense.

- Why would NAG find SR's biological daughter and seek revenge for her?

- Why would NAG have a flashback of SSR's husband getting killed?

- If NAG was SSR all along, then the fact JDT kidnapped and strangled her doesn't make sense.

- NAG focused on Hye In more than the twins?

Yeah it doesn't really make sense, that's why I don't think NAG was pretending to be SSR all that time when she was taking revenge and finally finding out the truth behind her husband's death. I don't know the whole situation is just confusing especially the fact that NAG had to pretend to be SSR for 20 years, but everyone knows that SSR is not the biological mother. Also, wouldn't there be people that knew that JDT married NAG first and then for some reason got divorced and married SSR. Honestly I am just really confused at this point, hopefully today's episode will provide some answers.

7 hours ago, Secretz said:

- SRR is NAG (SSR & NAG switched last minute so NAG could see the twins)

I personally believe this possibility the most, NAG knew how to be SSR and those inconsistencies with the earrings and the rings too, I don't think it was made by mistake but was actually intentional. When Logan Lee showed SSR the photo of the twins mother, she could've went to find her and made some sort of plan as NAG would've had SSR phone in order to receive the warning about the twins being in danger. I'm sure they met and had some sort of plan, now SSR is back as NAG to take revenge for her daughter and her twin.

One thing I find weird though, if SSR parents were rich then why would they only keep her and not both the girls, it's not as if they couldn't afford it.  

• Like 4

Spoiler
4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Why would they add this new doppelganger character? Honestly, she wasn't needed at all. Just a way to please the Lee Ji Ah stans.

NAG entered when Rona "died". I believe her entrance was intentional to maintain the ratings since there will be people who would stop watching the show after Rona dies. I agree, it's weird to kill off a character just to revive them. Assuming Rona didn't die, basically all the main characters that are killed off will be revived. 

43 minutes ago, Gretule said:

One thing I find weird though, if SSR parents were rich then why would they only keep her and not both the girls, it's not as if they couldn't afford it.  

There's got to be something more to it. Either they lost NAG when she was young or they adopted SSR. Idk, we'll see.

• Like 4

Okay so after watching Friday’s episode I truly think NAG was killed by DT. All the switch-a-roo’s can get explained throughout the rest of the season or S3. But I think this is SSR. She’s had plenty of time to get a tattoo and act the part. I think she is trying to learn even more of DT secrets, ect... all we know is the end game is revenge. Logan pretended to be someone else in S1 too. This would fit the theme.

Logan and Rona story isn’t over. Something is going on. He’d be way more upset over her death than he seems. At the grave he seemed to be waiting for Yoon Hee to get over the grief and go all out crazy for revenge. I think this is the ultimate set up for a Logan to get revenge on Yoon Hee and get what he wants out of the Hera group. 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, airgelaal said:

Was it revealed who saved and helped YC in USA?

It was Oh yoon hee.

I don't why people are feeling sorry for SJ. I hope she gets destroyed.

I don't anyone in this show not even Logan lee. His character is boring.

I am starting to not dislike SH.

It is easier for people to forgive Jenny and Kang Mari because they didn't really do anything.

Someone called me weird because i said that when i see choi ye bin i see eunbyeol and That is why i don't like the actress. I don't hate her i just don't want to see her.

This episode was really boring and EB is a fool if she believes that SH really likes her.

I am not a fan of bullying but EB deserved what she got from jenny and the others.

I don't know who SJ and YC are fooling but it definitely isn't me.

Spoiler

I do think that NAG is SSR. I might be wrong but the only person that really knew SSR was OYH. she let her guard down when she was around YH and OYH called NAG SSR. Also there was a scene in today's episode where the tattoo was missing when NAG was in the gym. 

• Like 5

So, now at school, they are defending Rona and seeking the truth, it's very good,  but I find that hypocritical of them, after the intense harassment she was subjected to. Now it looks like Eun Byeol will become the next to be harassed, jenny's slap was very satisfying, I won't say that I pity her, it is often said to make someone repent, you have to do him the same horror he did. But  later, will the writers give SK confused feelings ? i doubt, it's revenge

SJ will lose everything, it would be interesting to see the next two episodes, Dantae is very smart
and the kiss? logan  lol :wut:

• Like 8

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, kboramint said:

We find out that JDT was the one that stabbed Rona in the head and pulled the fire alarm. 

Tbh, I was expecting that he was the one to so do (because he was the only one who left the scene), but I didn't expect them to reveal this early. (Could be a red herring) At the point, Idek how many people he has killed.

We have 4 episodes left before this season ends and I'm honestly lost at this point.

• Like 2

At this rate, CSJ is going to end up being the Min Yoo-Ra (from Last Empress) character for this drama. Her end game might even be similar.  

25 minutes ago, Secretz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tbh, I was expecting that he was the one to so do (because he was the only one who left the scene), but I didn't expect them to reveal this early. (Could be a red herring) At the point, Idek how many people he has killed.

We have 4 episodes left before this season ends and I'm honestly lost at this point.

We still haven't seen Mari's husband yet. 

• Like 3

Why is JDT so untouchable ? He gets away with everything. No one in real life is that invincible. He also has a punchable face. He always has his mouth open . He needs his jaw broken lol.  Honestly he has no depth and is one dimensionally evil. At least the other characters are multi faceted.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

5 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

Why is JDT so untouchable ? He gets away with everything. No one in real life is that invincible. He also has a punchable face. He always has his mouth open . He needs his jaw broken lol.  Honestly he has no depth and is one dimensionally evil. At least the other characters are multi faceted.

In K-drama, The main villain always stay on top until the very end. Since this is Season 2, don't expect him to fall at the season finale.  

• Like 6

I will never feel sorry for SJ even if she becomes the protagonist in season 3. She doesn't care about anyone else apart from herself and EB( A little bit).DT saw an opportunity and took it

I am so glad that EB got slapped and laughed at. That is even the bare minimum she deserves more and also therapy.

SH must really like RN because i would never go near someone like EB. EB is the dumbest of the Hera kids I don't know if she is blinded by her unhealthy obsession with SH because all the kids knew that SH liked RN a lot and didn't like EB so why would he like her now all of a sudden. 

It does suck that the kids haven't learnt their lesson apart from Jenny.

Jenny and mari got the best character development on this show.

I am not a fan of the lovestory that the show is insinuating between SR and Logan. It feels incestuous. It is okay if he had a crush on her or liked her but her liking back is unnecessary. The only lovestory needed is SH and RN.

YC is the dumbest character on this show Like he keeps on getting beat up every single time and at this point it is tiring. I don't like how he tried to protect his child but he should know that SJ is just using EB to get to him. He never loved her. I am not a fan of the yoonyoon ship but even i know that YH is the only person that he ever really had romantic feelings for. He obviously can't stay with YH because of his guilt.

SJ doesn't know what love is so i wouldn't say that she loves YC.

I have to admit i like that DT is untouchable because his fall from grace is going to be the best. 

I am still not convinced that YH killed SA. There is no way that DT ran away when he saw her when he could have pinned it on her like he did with SR.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Songbae said:

Hide contents

I do think that NAG is SSR. I might be wrong but the only person that really knew SSR was OYH. she let her guard down when she was around YH and OYH called NAG SSR. Also there was a scene in today's episode where the tattoo was missing when NAG was in the gym. 

No, tattoo was there.

Edited by SC2019
Please write longer posts. We'd love to hear more from you..
  • Like 2

Watching Seo Jin beg just as she was developing a soul was too pathetic.

I actually felt really bad for her.

DT only did the fire alarm to create chaos.

It was an enjoyable episode. I hope they find a way out for SJ. Yes, she is a nasty person, but I prefer she be brought to justice by the law, not that she is suffering under a sadist.

• Like 3

After episode 8 I am convinced it's 100% Shim Su Ryeon, even Joo Dan Tae said that she was acting weird 2 years ago ignoring his calls etc. I mean Na Ae Gyo wouldn't do that especially if she is on good terms with JDT like he kept insisting they are, he even said he knew her since she was 10 years old so their relationship goes way back. Also, in the preview Logan Lee says "I know it's you!" I mean he definitely must have have grounds to say that. Also, Logan Lee and SSR just need a happy ending together, although unpopular opinion but I can't help but love them together they look so good together and both deserve happiness, he seems to truly care about her.

For some reason I love and hate JDT absolutely love his name as mentioned before, just got that ring to it. Also, he is one of these villains that just knows what he is doing and I mean his facial expressions are hilarious! Plus Seo Jin deserves it it's her karma in a way, she was the one saying she's so in love with JDT that she even divorced Yoon Cheol, now she's crying wanting him back, hun you were the one who divorced him and cheated with the very man now you hate.

Absolutely love that Eun Byeol is getting her karma too, Jenny's character development has been phenomenal absolutely love her character now! Seems like the whole family is getting punished this season and next season it will be the downfall of the great Joon Dan Tae! 

But in a way you got to admit that CSJ love for her daughter although toxic is admirable didn't think she was capable of that in season 1, but watching her even take the blame for Ro Na's murder just to protect her daughter was kind of touching. But EB is still stuck up hating BRN even after she is dead, she really needs therapy. 

Also, Yoon Hee go girl get that revenge avenge Ro Na (although I still believe she is alive). 

Anyways, it was interesting to see that they finally in a way addressed JDT having that trauma, hope we get more backstory to that.

On the final note NAG can fight absolutely love the character development showing the difference between her and SSR (although she is SSR). 

• Like 11
  • Awesome 2