[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Okay so Rona only went back to korea to win the trophy for Min seola and she is blaming herself for min seola's death.

I feel sorry for jenny they really bullied her. Mari has nothing to lose she is a dangerous enemy. 

My head is all over the place because this is how people actually live in real life. I have so many thoughts and i think that jenny is going to be the one to die.

I don't think that is jenny now it seems like it is going to be seokyung. She is too bold and impulsive. You don't threaten someone like that.

I don't know why people want SJ and YH to work together. 

• Like 5

EHH, feels like my intial prediction somewhere in this thread that Seo Kyung will die might come true lol 

Jenny dying won't make much of a difference and Eun Byeol still has more to unleash so doesn't feel like it will be her.  Dantae was the first to see the dead body and it doesn't make sense to me that he would run for Rona or EB tbh

I feel like the death will happen in the next 2 episodes which starts off the new mystery and Logan Lee and Lee Jia Ah's character return in full force in the second half. This fits with them saying Lee Jia Ah will be playing a new character.

Right now, Seo Kyung is playing such a dangerous game. Her brother isn't protecting her like before nor he is in her confidence. If he knew that she was blackmailing Seo Jin, he would at the very least play it smarter AND it's more safer because Seo Jin can't kill them both because too suspicious. And I do think SJ is capable of killing Seo  Kyung because after you have killed once, it becomes easier. There's only one real way to silence a blackmailer for good. Unlike Eun Byeol who still loves and needs her mother, SK doesn't have those scruples

Unfortunately, I think that's the start of darkness for Seok Hoon. He's been turning over a new leaf away from his dad's shadow but I think the loss of his twin will affect him much more deeply. Dantae won't give a RickRoll'D because he didn't really care about the twins. He gives off vibes like "my heir and spare". As long as he still has seok hoon as his heir, what's the loss of a spare after all

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

EHH, feels like my intial prediction somewhere in this thread that Seo Kyung will die might come true lol 

Jenny dying won't make much of a difference and Eun Byeol still has more to unleash so doesn't feel like it will be her.  Dantae was the first to see the dead body and it doesn't make sense to me that he would run for Rona or EB tbh

I feel like the death will happen in the next 2 episodes which starts off the new mystery and Logan Lee and Lee Jia Ah's character return in full force in the second half. This fits with them saying Lee Jia Ah will be playing a new character.

Right now, Seo Kyung is playing such a dangerous game. Her brother isn't protecting her like before nor he is in her confidence. If he knew that she was blackmailing Seo Jin, he would at the very least play it smarter AND it's more safer because Seo Jin can't kill them both because too suspicious. And I do think SJ is capable of killing Seo  Kyung because after you have killed once, it becomes easier. There's only one real way to silence a blackmailer for good. Unlike Eun Byeol who still loves and needs her mother, SK doesn't have those scruples

Unfortunately, I think that's the start of darkness for Seok Hoon. He's been turning over a new leaf away from his dad's shadow but I think the loss of his twin will affect him much more deeply. Dantae won't give a RickRoll'D because he didn't really care about the twins. He gives off vibes like "my heir and spare". As long as he still has seok hoon as his heir, what's the loss of a spare after all

Also SJ can make it seem like YH or Mari killed SK because Dantae doesn't know that SJ killed her father so there is no reason why she would kill SK

• Like 3

21 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Someone please tell me what type of hold these 2 have on the viewers. Lmao.

Because SR and Logan are both smart.  Their only mistake was showing their hand.  I would have went to the grave not letting them know it was me.  SR got away with not only convincing JDT that she was still his poor weak defenseless wife, he also thought SJ was crazy for believing SR was behind everything.  SR was willing to even punish her own children.  It was morally wrong sometimes but it was thrilling to watch.  She really had no weakness. 

OYH is not like that.  Sure she's more composed than she was in the past, but she already shown her hand and her weakness (her daughter).  Also, her motivation is redundant.  Taking back everything SJ stole from her?  She tried that before.  18 YEARS AGO.  And what's her motivation to go after the other characters?  She has NONE.  They all need to be brought to justice too.  But OYH has no reason to do so.  I just don't think she's strong enough to carry this series, but that's just my opinion.  This drama was always over-the-top and some parts didn't make sense, but the protagonist's (SR) motivation was never in question.  And now I'm questioning the very basis of the show.  

Maybe it's just me but I just want to see a protagonist ruthlessly going after everyone. Not moody emo scenes between OYH and her daughter and more screaming matches between OYH and SJ.  That's boring and a sideshow at best.  But this is just my opinion.

• Like 6

The writer better not mislead us into believing that SK will be the one falling and then kill off/injure Rona. I'm still convinced that Rona will be the one falling, since SK has short hair and didn't wear a nceklace (unless she somehow wore hair extensions and the necklace after her performance) but this is Penthouse, so I'm hoping for a shocking twist.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bsushib said:

Because SR and Logan are both smart.  Their only mistake was showing their hand.  I would have went to the grave not letting them know it was me.  SR got away with not only convincing JDT that she was still his poor weak defenseless wife, he also thought SJ was crazy for believing SR was behind everything.  SR was willing to even punish her own children.  It was morally wrong sometimes but it was thrilling to watch.  She really had no weakness. 

OYH is not like that.  Sure she's more composed than she was in the past, but she already shown her hand and her weakness (her daughter).  Also, her motivation is redundant.  Taking back everything SJ stole from her?  She tried that before.  18 YEARS AGO.  And what's her motivation to go after the other characters?  She has NONE.  They all need to be brought to justice too.  But OYH has no reason to do so.  I just don't think she's strong enough to carry this series, but that's just my opinion.  This drama was always over-the-top and some parts didn't make sense, but the protagonist's (SR) motivation was never in question.  And now I'm questioning the very basis of the show.  

Maybe it's just me but I just want to see a protagonist ruthlessly going after everyone. Not moody emo scenes between OYH and her daughter and more screaming matches between OYH and SJ.  That's boring and a sideshow at best.  But this is just my opinion.

Good point. The only time SSR flinched was when YH betrayed her. And even that was momentary. Logan and SSR were cool, calculating and ruthless. They just fumbled at the last minute lol

But I have high hopes for Lee Jia Ah's new character. I feel like she will be cut from the same cloth but even colder haha. 

• Like 5

Seokkyung is the main character of this episode somehow. Can’t wait to see what she’s up to next week. What if Seojin tries to kill off Seokkyung because she knew her secret? Does the falling incident going to unravel next week? I can’t wait and will be insane if they don’t show it next week.

• Like 4

Of course Ro Na has a plan. With Logan at that. Obviously, she's not going into a pit of venomous snakes after facing the aftermaths for two whole years without a plan. I actually commend her that she's going to take the trophy in Seol A's name. 

I may not be 100% sympathetic towards her but I commend her for everything. She needs more cunning, we see that - like what about the security cameras etc.? Enough about her.

Honestly, the real scum is both Seok Kyung and Eun Byeol. I'm sorry for my choice of words, but not sorry for pointing out what is there before her eyes - a lot of the people seem to hate Ro Na more than the real scum, so I just wanted to add this. I really hope they get what they deserve - that slap (though as satisfying as it has felt) is nowhere enough. They really need to go through mental hell until they see exactly where they went wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So it seems Logan arranged for two operations. One for YH’s vocal cords. The other for the doctor to grow a pair!

It is unrealistic that after 2 years, the KIDS still have the emotional maturity of the “terrible 2 year olds”.

what happened to the daughter that SR thought was hers? How did Dante end up getting everything? SR surely would have made provisions for the girl.

Season 2 so far has been a terrible bore. Same old, same old. When the show the prisoners misbehaving - oh I mean the kids in school, I turn my attention elsewhere.  How much of the same repetitive scenes does the writer want?! 
And it’s awfully weird and dull without SR. Not really looking forward to her appearing as another character. Doesn’t feel right.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, fanofr said:

Season 2 so far has been a terrible bore. Same old, same old. When the show the prisoners misbehaving - oh I mean the kids in school, I turn my attention elsewhere.  How much of the same repetitive scenes does the writer want?! 

Same.  I'm so tired of seeing parents crying, fighting and falling out on the floor.

The biggest cliffhanger has been OYH singing for SJ?  Oh big deal.  Meanwhile by this time in the first season, we had switched dead bodies, an autopsy, a fake cremation, SR locked up in the hospital vowing revenge, husband attempting to kill her fake daughter.  Hopefully this heats up soon!  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bsushib said:

Same.  I'm so tired of seeing parents crying, fighting and falling out on the floor.

The biggest cliffhanger has been OYH singing for SJ?  Oh big deal.  Meanwhile by this time in the first season, we had switched dead bodies, an autopsy, a fake cremation, SR locked up in the hospital vowing revenge, husband attempting to kill her fake daughter.  Hopefully this heats up soon!  

What about the reveal that SK knows that CSJ ran away instead of saving her father? 

8 hours ago, kimdaehwi said:

Seokkyung is the main character of this episode somehow. Can’t wait to see what she’s up to next week. What if Seojin tries to kill off Seokkyung because she knew her secret? Does the falling incident going to unravel next week? I can’t wait and will be insane if they don’t show it next week.

Yes, I think it's going to unravel next week. 

8 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

But I have high hopes for Lee Jia Ah's new character. I feel like she will be cut from the same cloth but even colder haha. 

I believe Lee Ji Ah's new character is just "Goo Ho-Dong" if you know what I mean?

8 hours ago, Secretz said:

The writer better not mislead us into believing that SK will be the one falling and then kill off/injure Rona. I'm still convinced that Rona will be the one falling, since SK has short hair and didn't wear a nceklace (unless she somehow wore hair extensions and the necklace after her performance) but this is Penthouse, so I'm hoping for a shocking twist.

I think they can use SK falling on the stairway and hurting herself as a plot device to bring "SK's birth mother" back into Ju Dan Tae's life.   

• Like 4

I felt so sorry for jenny in this episode. She really suffered for a year. 

Seokhoon's plan with eunbyeol is the dumbest thing that i have ever seen in my life. What? pretend to date? is he that dumb? Academically he is smart but other than that he is useless. I still replay that scene of him pushing his father in my head. He is attractive though. 

Seokyung is playing a game that she won't win. I just hope that it isn't rona that falls down.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I enjoyed Ep.4.

I like that there were (maybe) real-world consequences. In S1, all the kids got into "Lord of the Flies" style brawls all the time, and no one who deserved it ever got into real trouble. It was redundant and stupid.

So mostly, it was funny that when the Yun-Yun couple said they were going to file a report to the Education Board or something and Cheon Seo-Jin seemed genuinely scared.

So why didn't anyone do that before? Of course, she's just going to bribe people and figure out how to escape consequences. But she'll probably have to make some changes at the school so the students aren't acting like psychos every single day.

I thought it was great. One of the frustrating things about S1 was that Yun-Hui never went to the police or the education board or anything. Like those things didn't actually exist in this world.

Anyway, Jenny's dad is going to be played by this guy:

https://asianwiki.com/Heo_Sung-Tae_(1977)

And it turns out, he went to jail for something Ju Dan-Tae did.

The first time I saw this actor, he was a serial killer in Tunnel. So Jenny's parents are a gangster and a killer. Even Seok-Gyeong and her flaring nostrils might have to think twice before she messes with Jenny again.

Teacher Ma Du-Gi is a jackass. But he is a very entertaining jackass.

And the last ridiculous thing: It's too hard for everyone to say "Hera Palace," so now they just call it "Heh Peh." :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 1

if you re-watch the scene of the girl falling from the first episode I keep noticing that there was no trophy stuck to her head while rolling down, I don't know if it's filming error or there was two incident at the same time, but from the falling scene alone the one falling the stairs is 100% Rona

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2