[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

7 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I’m honestly tired of hearing about SSR. Her character is starting to become overrated, sorry... 

11 minutes ago, Songbae said:

I have nothing against speculations and i don't really care if suryeon returns or not. I don't think that she is dead but i am still going to watch the show even if she actually died. There are people saying that the show is boring without her and it isn't fair to the cast

I think this is what happens when you write a real likable character among a cast of vile characters (including the children) and you push her as a strong protagonist/heroine. People get invested in her alone. OYH was suppose to be another likeable character as well but somehow she was turned into a villain. Now, people can't relate to any other adult character because of that.        

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kboramint said:

OYH was suppose to be another likeable character as well but somehow she was turned into a villain.

You can make likable villains too. There are many k-dramas with memorable, loved characters who were villains. OYH is a villain, but she’s also more of an anti-hero (to me. If she can fully redeem herself, but since Rona is set to die, things are gonna get way worse.)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, qynn said:

Rona returning to Cheong A High is so dumb. Not just because of the bullying, but if you want to be a singer, get into a top college, don't go to a school controlled by someone hellbent on keeping that from happening, someone with the power to keep it from happening.

I don't see how it is unfair to the cast. It's just an opinion. People can love and hate certain characters or certain plot developments. It's just a show. The drama is getting high ratings and tons of attention regardless.

I agree it is an opinion but some people are overdoing it. It will be nice if people didn't complain every second. 

11 minutes ago, kboramint said:

I think this is what happens when you write a real likable character among a cast of vile characters (including the children) and you push her as a strong protagonist/heroine. People get invested in her alone. OYH was suppose to be another likeable character as well but somehow she was turned into a villain. Now, people can't relate to any other adult character because of that.        

I can't relate to anyone of them except seokhoon and seokyung. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I was pretty puzzled by Rona's return. I guess it's the only way she can be part of the show, so that makes sense. But it doesn't make sense for the character. Are there no music schools in the U.S.? If she's such a good singer, why not go to Juilliard or something?

I would love for Jenny's mom to punish all those mean kids bullying her daughter!

This is the actress playing Jenny's mom (Shin Eun-Kyung) who starred in My Wife is a Gangster (movie):

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRumfsqCJSATig4XPYaQ8

• Like 4

I just finished watching ep 3 and ................

Rona is dumb. This has to be a plan between her and Logan lee because what the heck. No one can be that dumb . I don't think that she went back for seokhoon.

I don't know what eunbyul sees in seokhoon. I mean yes he is tall, hot, sexy and attractive but still he is a man. If he was a woman then yes i would be all over that. 

Where is the character development for jenny?

Minhyuk is just a spoilt brat like his father.

I don't think that yoonchul ever loved seojin. They were married and she cheated. She betrayed him and no one likes betrayal even if you don't love the person it still sucks. I think that he has always loved oh yoon hee but his greed was greater than his love for her.

I feel sorry for Seojin. I haven't finished season one and i don't ever plan on finishing it because i hated the ending but from what i have watched. SJ grew up in an abusive home. Abuse doesn't have to be physical. She is like that because of her father and she is passing it on to her daughter. Coming from someone that lived in an abusive home the behavior passes on to you. It might not be the same but it is there. SJ is unstable and needs therapy and Joo dantae is going to use that to his advantage.

The twins were annoying in this episode. 

This show is draining 

• Like 5

Rona seriously ruins everything. I never hated her more than I did than when she was ruining her mom's perfectly good revenge in episode 3. She can't even stop those kids framing her for bullying, what makes her think she can handle anything? She is a pest, Eunbyul and Seokyung are right about that!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, chococarmela said:

You can make likable villains too. There are many k-dramas with memorable, loved characters who were villains. OYH is a villain, but she’s also more of an anti-hero (to me. If she can fully redeem herself, but since Rona is set to die, things are gonna get way worse.)

Agreed. It's not just about being relatable, it's about understanding their motive. The writer makes some of their motives unclear to the point where it just frustrates you. She made CSJ and OYH commiting adultress which ticks me off, it's overused, or else, I would find CSJ likeable. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Secretz said:

The writer makes some of their motives unclear to the point where it just frustrates you. She made CSJ and OYH commiting adultress which ticks me off, it's overused, or else, I would find CSJ likeable. 

Exactly. Villains have motives and they want the good guys to fail so that they can achieve their goals.

CSJ was pretty much set to be the villain based on the poster alone. OYH was gonna become a villain or be an anti-hero, but obviously the former happened.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

people on Twitter are really saying "be thankful, Rona! Your murderess of a mom got where you are!"

What?!?!? Rona didn't choose to be a child of a murderer. Smh. 

Rona returning to Cheong A High School is just like re-entering the lion's den. After what she has been through in S1, I'm worried about her.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Secretz said:

I should've known that I shouldn't trust HYC. NEVER EVER. That moment he chose CSJ, that's it. I can't believe I see hope in Yoon Yoon.

HYC did that to rile JDT. The timing was too obvious plus he knows JDT will not tolerate that. It happened once abroad and H was beaten almost to death. We just didn't see who saved him from being fish food. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I reread synopses of season 1 and I cannot find a GENUINE reason for people to hate her other than the fact that she's impulsive, rash, quite emotional, and doesn't have a great relationship with her mother (who actually seems to be a little crazy. I think Yoon-Hee killed her ex-husband, I don't know though. It's possible) which is actually... pretty normal. Plenty of people like that. She's one of the most realistic characters on the show, if I'm being honest.

Wait, OYH killed her ex-husband? No way! I remembered an episode she said that her ex-husband died because alcoholism right? 

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

I just don't care about her. I wish she had stayed in the US. She is a pest who is ruining the fun her mom was having messing with CSJ.

I agree with your sentiment of wanting her to just stay abroad and have a happy life there. 

Because the moment she returned and back to ignoring her mom again, I was miffed that YH's revenge is going off course when she's just barely started. 

I wouldn't have minded if she came back smarter. Instead, she's immediately framed for a simple accident. I hope she would do something about the bullying since she is so determined to return there. 

And I'm not holding my breath that Jennie would change her stance. She sympathized with R and was bullied by the gang. She would try to be part of the gang again after experiencing being bullied. 

I guess the writer succeeds in making all of her characters unlikable despite their emotional baggage. 

• Like 4