[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

1 hour ago, Nyein Chan said:

What a way to sustain the ratings!!!

Penthouse is a cashcow for SBS. Like the trashy characters in the story, the producers are also trashy for milking the ratings at whatever possible cost. But I'm gullible enough to keep watching. 

Oh yes, remember when Logan Lee talked to SSR about her rumors that she herself hadn't got a clue? A doppelganger is on the way. Brace yourselves.

I think SSR will petend to be that doppelganger.  

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

I’ve thought that the only way SSR could be alive is that she staged the murder scene with help of Sec Jo, that was why she told OYH to run away. Sec Jo will have betrayed JDT like how JDT first sec did. Would be most likely that Sec Jo couldn’t take in anymore of JDT’s beatings everytime he made a mistake....and hiw did Logan escaped. Did JDT just release him like that?

Again the drama has not shown the body at a morgue or being cremated. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

ok my thought on the final ep of season 1..

I have a feeling that the one who died isn't Suryeon but her doppelganger aka twins' biological mom? Looking at the theories from peeps here and on twitter, there have been subtle differences shown in several scenes where Suryeon was in (like diff earrings or no rings at all etc). So maybe Suryeon might have found her doppelganger way earlier and probably hatch a plan with her or something. Sounds unrealistic but hey it's a makjang! 

But since Lee Ji Ah is confirmed to be in season 2 we have nothing to be sad about! 

About Yoonhee's death.. I hardly think she'll die too cause ya know, makjang. And all we see if her lying there bleeding, she could still be saved. 

LOGAN. I really really hope we'll see him for the entire season 2 and not just a couple of eps (cause i read somewhere that he's cameo-ing only but i hope this isn't true)!! There's so many unfinished business so Logan can't leave Korea just like this! 

This is prolly the only makjang I've seen whereby the bad guys appear happily at the finale. Istg the amount of rage I felt when I see them partying while unknowingly, their children are prolly suffering internally from ptsd or something. 

Now onto little hera club! 

The twins crying esp Seokyung breaking down made me cry too :( Sure, Seokyung had been a mean girl but in that moment, I really sympathised with her :( 

Rona as well. Now that her mother has been branded as a murderer, she has no one to depend on anymore. Even Seokhoon gave up on her (heart broke when he returned the keychain). But I'm really really really hoping this ship will sail AGAIN in season 2 once Seokhoon finds out that it's his RickRoll'D of a father who killed his mom and that it's not Rona's mom at all!!! 

Shooketh at Jenny's actions as well!!!! Looks like she's learning her lesson and trying to be kinder and nicer. I went a little "aw" when she gave Rona food and told her to stay at home quietly in case people came back again. 

Eunbyeol officially went mad alr and i completely don't blame her for it. It's her mother's fault entirely. And now plot twist, her daughter's the one blackmailing her all along WOW! Who would have thought that! Now I would like to see what Seojin will do in season 2 i mean.. she can't kill her daughter right for the blackmail! 

In conclusion..

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2 TO AIR ASAP!!!!!!!!! and i'm hoping the teaser for it will come out soon ugh!! 

• Like 2

I'm totally missing this talk about SSR's doppleganger? Can someone fill me in on where this chatter came from? I don't recall.

I personally think S1 ended way too dramatically. Yoon Hee getting her throat slashed again....really? Come on. SR's death was shocking and she was shanked pretty brutally. I struggle to understand why Yoon Hee admitted to killing MSA (did she really though?) then admit to killing SSR (when she clearly didn't). What is up with the weird nature of this character?

I like that Eun Byul is turning demented in the head -- a great opportunity for the girl actress to really show her range. I agree she was bland AF in the beginning and I wanted to sock her in the face so many times, but I'm loving her scary psychotic breaks towards her mom.

I also don't like how Seok Kyung is still so cold towards SSR, despite her not being her real mom. Way to blame your mom for dying and "leaving you alone." I'm glad Seok Hoon has his head on straighter.

Also agreed with an early post saying the dynamics between Ro Na (still can't get over how coincidentally bad of a name choice that was) and Yoon Hee are a little over the top.

One last thing I can't understand -- for MSA's death, why did no one check the main lobby's cameras? They would've captured all the parents cleaning up the scene. Would've saved a lot of crap from happening.

Edited by boafriendagain
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, boafriendagain said:

I'm totally missing this talk about SSR's doppleganger? Can someone fill me in on where this chatter came from? I don't recall.

In episode 20, Logan Lee shows SSR a photo of someone that looks like her. The bio mom of the twins.  

34 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

That SSR staged the murder scene with the help of Sec Jo

Oh okay, my point about no body at the morgue is that if the drama doesn't show the corpse then that person is not dead.     

32 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Can this be a confirmation that SSR going to be in Season 2?  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nyein Chan said:

Penthouse is a cashcow for SBS. Like the trashy characters in the story, the producers are also trashy for milking the ratings at whatever possible cost. But I'm gullible enough to keep watching. 

Oh yes, remember when Logan Lee talked to SSR about her rumors that she herself hadn't got a clue? A doppelganger is on the way. Brace yourselves.

I know they only care about the ratings. Which is why the episode just baffled me.

If they are going to return Lee Ji Ah in one way or another then tease it in the last 30 seconds of the season. That's how you make people excited for the next season. Screenwriting 101. Where have they been for the last 10 years?

12 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

@tulip06 The second season will air on January 28

So soon? Yay!

4 hours ago, Starmichelle said:

They suppose to pay because the real evil people got away easy and it not fair.  

There are two more seasons. Korean drama is very dramatic and this one is extra dramatic.

7 hours ago, boafriendagain said:

One last thing I can't understand -- for MSA's death, why did no one check the main lobby's cameras? They would've captured all the parents cleaning up the scene. Would've saved a lot of crap from happening.

I think the ladies took care of all the security cameras while they were cleaning up the aftermath of Anna leap of death. What I find more likely as a start is that one security guard that rode the elevator down with the three men and the golf bag (20ppl with golf bags that day is a bit weird, especially if it's a party.) He seemed like he be important later on.

7 hours ago, lebritneeey said:

I have a feeling that the one who died isn't Suryeon but her doppelganger aka twins' biological mom? Looking at the theories from peeps here and on twitter, there have been subtle differences shown in several scenes where Suryeon was in (like diff earrings or no rings at all etc). So maybe Suryeon might have found her doppelganger way earlier and probably hatch a plan with her or something. Sounds unrealistic but hey it's a makjang! 

I'd like to add that I have re-watched EP20 and found out that when SR was getting in the fancy elevator she had the earrings (and possibly the ring but I didn't see that part) but when she came out of it, both the ring and the earrings were gone. If there had been a trick, it would have been then. 

7 hours ago, lebritneeey said:

LOGAN. I really really hope we'll see him for the entire season 2 and not just a couple of eps (cause i read somewhere that he's cameo-ing only but i hope this isn't true)!! There's so many unfinished business so Logan can't leave Korea just like this! 

I hope Logan can read a bit of Su Ryeon's intentions and raise Ro Na. I mean, how did she get by in the last six months? How did she pay the bills (I think the house was bought by her mother, so she didn't have to pay rent) and go to school? Wouldn't she usually get kicked out? Who helped her all the while?

Besides, I am expecting a fight between Logan and his parents. Remember, Logan's parents personally drove Anna out, and they had an argument when Logan found out the truth. Now I'm guessing Logan came to Korea and did the revenge scheme all on his own, and his daddy has to rescue him now that he got in a pinch. That's reason enough for there to be a fight between them.

7 hours ago, boafriendagain said:

I also don't like how Seok Kyung is still so cold towards SSR, despite her not being her real mom. Way to blame your mom for dying and "leaving you alone." I'm glad Seok Hoon has his head on straighter.

I was so glad to see Seok Hun's character development - I'm glad he understands his mother and hope the matureness will carry over to Ro Na's case, as in, he won't headfast blame Ro Na (despite him returning the keychain to her again) and investigate (especially after 6 months where he saw that scene with the maid and PTSD-psycho) further until he finds the truth.

• Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, Aolian said:

I was so glad to see Seok Hun's character development - I'm glad he understands his mother and hope the matureness will carry over to Ro Na's case, as in, he won't headfast blame Ro Na (despite him returning the keychain to her again) and investigate (especially after 6 months where he saw that scene with the maid and PTSD-psycho) further until he finds the truth.

This is what I'm hoping for. Hopefully in season 2 this misunderstanding could be resolved and seokhoon and rona can be together again!

btw i saw this unreleased scene of seokhoon x rona in earlier eps! this took place after the whole locked up incident! 

From this scene it does seemed like Rona genuinely has feelings for Seokhoon all along and I guess she kinda forgave him? Anyway, from here we can also tell that Seokhoon really likes Rona ALOT! So i believe that once he finds out who the real killer of Suryeon is, he'll probably find back Rona. 

• Insightful 1

11 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

I’ve thought that the only way SSR could be alive is that she staged the murder scene with help of Sec Jo, that was why she told OYH to run away. Sec Jo will have betrayed JDT like how JDT first sec did. Would be most likely that Sec Jo couldn’t take in anymore of JDT’s beatings everytime he made a mistake....and hiw did Logan escaped. Did JDT just release him like that?

I think the one who helped SSR and OYH is the maid. The maid can change her mind so easily just like how she hated SSR at first but then she decided to help SSR and GDH from JDT. Or probably all of them (LL, OYH, SSR, twins biological mother, the maid and Sec Jo) are in this together? 

10 hours ago, Nyein Chan said:

Yes, she didn't hesitate at all when she said that she didn't know him. So there's a possibility that Lee Ji Ah plays two different characters in this drama.

Well, I think I am in love and hate relationship with this drama.

11 hours ago, Rigel Ciubal said:

I do agree. For the reference she is writer of Temptation of Wife which makjang of all makjang dramas (don't get me wrong, i love that drama). So, SSR and OYH is still alive. I cannot wait for the season 2 teaser, I hope they will release it soon. 

I love Temptation of Wife. I love most of this writer drama even though I am a little bit disappointed with some of the second half episodes of her drama. 

I really do wish that they will drop the second season faster. It will be too much to wait until February. 

• Like 3

joo dan tae, seo jin both are so evil, joo dan tae especially. I could become tired of watching when a character is too evil, I want to stop watching, but I'm still very curious. I'm afraid seo jin will become crazy while joo dan tae will having a life sentenced and got beaten in jail. wonder about his sec why he still work with such evil boss joo dan tae, and I think the maid will not working anymore after she received a lot gold. as for su ryeon, I'm afraid she is already dead, I'm so shocked when I read the spoiler before I watch the eps, maybe lee ji ah will played another character. season 2 could be oh yoon hee and logan lee's revenge. its scaring to see that rich people at penthouse, at least jenny is nice to rona.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lebritneeey said:

This is what I'm hoping for. Hopefully in season 2 this misunderstanding could be resolved and seokhoon and rona can be together again!

btw i saw this unreleased scene of seokhoon x rona in earlier eps! this took place after the whole locked up incident! 

From this scene it does seemed like Rona genuinely has feelings for Seokhoon all along and I guess she kinda forgave him? Anyway, from here we can also tell that Seokhoon really likes Rona ALOT! So i believe that once he finds out who the real killer of Suryeon is, he'll probably find back Rona. 

I saw it too. But since I hadn't seen how he has reacted to Ro Na's murder portrayed as the culprit, I'm not quite sure. His sister will be more than just angry at Ro Na, with that personality of hers, and probably was one of those people who wrote this.

I'm also glad to see Ro Na care about Seok Hun. But I guess that's the kind of girl Ro Na is, I think - at least I get that vibe from her. She's mentally strong, but kind as well, and also someone who would always think of people that are on her side. Like you, we could see that Seok Hun cared about her as well, and I found it wonderful how he didn't blame her for whatever has happened in the locked room. (I mean, if it were his sister, she'd start blaming Ro Na on why she wouldn't get in touch with them or something along those lines. Ro Na could have somehow foiled Logan's plan with just a text about the location, like 'See you in crystal hall' or sth) 

But I'm not sure how they would have interacted in school with everything. Sure, we saw the messages on her house door, and everything, but I guess the school closed down for a while? Or was there something else? Only when I see their interaction in school can I be sure about what Seok Hun thinks of Ro Na after EP 20's events.

Him returning her the keychain (note: not the whole keychain, but just a part of it, the transparent part is prbly with him still, look at the deleted scene from EP12 that came out with the video you have posted earlier) could either be a further manifestation of 'Wait for me, we may need some time and space, but I need to investigate further' or it's him being disgusted at dating the daughter of his mom's murderer (at least until he finds that maid suspicious which is at least 6 months after he returned the keychain) and wanting nothing to do with her so him returning it. I mean, he didn't even leave a letter or a SMS message, or anything along that line.

That is what leaves me confused.

• Like 2

Wait when was season 1 filmed? I thought it was pre produced. But on LL instagram the pics from last episode are dated to yesterday. I thought they started filming in March.

Does anyone have trouble watching such evil ppl on screen? Whenever JDT or CSJ are on screen I am filled with rage and want to to turn away. I can't stand their exaggerated facial expressions and laughter and her crazy eyeballs LOL. And they got away with murder.  But CSJ will never be completely happy she will forever be haunted by her father, and MSA, and possibly now SSR and Yoon Hee. The dead won't let her be happy.

• Like 2

TV: [Spoilers!!!] Penthouse (Finale)

0004728818_001_20210106162407676.jpeg

Article: 'Penthouse' finally airs last episode with unexpected twists

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+130] I feel like season 2 is going to end with loose ends in preparation for season 3 again;

2. [+75] Maybe after Shim Sooryeon's death, Hyein, who's in the States, gets healthy and comes back to avenge her death

3. [+31] Well are we going to find the butterfly tattoo woman or not?

4. [+24] Hopefully our Logan doesn't die? 

5. [+20] The story is headed towards the mountains

-

Article: Joo Seokkyung sobs after hearing of Shim Sooryeon's death in 'Penthouse' despite not being birth mother

1. [+213] I read a comment saying that viewers shouldn't accept deaths in dramas written by Kim Soon Ok unless she shows the autopsy ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+85] From Seokkyung's perspective, she loved her mother so much but she was always gone whens he was in danger and needed her the most. I think the rebellion came from realizing that she's not her real mother either. The last episode shows that the kids really did love her, though. They don't really hate her ㅠㅠ but they still should've been good to her while they still had her..

3. [+47] Pfft, should've been good to her while she was still alive

4. [+57] But why does Logan Lee not bring around any security with him when he's so rich?

5. [+56] It's annoying how they cut out all the scenes with character development for the twins to just keep focusing on the affair

-

Article: Logan Lee goes from liked character to disappointment from doing nothing in 'Penthouse'

1. [+94] I'm looking forward to.. a bigger accomplishment from him in season 2 ㅠㅠ

2. [+83] The ending is only a happy ending for the murderers ㅡㅡ I wasn't satisfied with the ending!!! I hope season 2 focuses more on the avenging...

3. [+54] Nope, my fangirl feelings for him are burning up as strong as ever

4. [+49] I think the plot is sparing way too much in preparation for season 2 and 3... it's so frustrating

5. [+39] We can't have Joo Dantae and Chun Seojin collapse so fast in season 1 if we want to continue with 2 and 3

6. [+14] I don't think that Logan Lee did "nothing"... he just slowed down his plan per Shim Sooryeon's request. They showed plenty of scenes where he just wanted to kill them all

7. [+18] His face is all we need in the drama ㅜㅜ what more could we want ㅜㅜ

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2021/01/tv-spoilers-penthouse-finale.html