[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Hi All,

Been away and missing the forum.

I saw ep 14 last night. OMG I agree SeokHoon showing a modicum of emotion running after Rona.

But Rona doesn't believe him due to the lies by EB saying he has no feelings for her.

SBS made their interactions-- Seok Hoon and Rona.

EB is off the rocker and got rid of her competition thinking that YH slept with her dad. Is she sooooo far off that her mom is cheating with SH dad ?! She is getting that fake confidence being a bully

LL finally found out by SR and glad she had it out. OMG did not believe she would stab him. So they BOTH misunderstood each other and glad they hashed it out. 

The lawyer is crazy and do you think DT is going to let it fly you have SA cell phone? DT is evil and so is SJ.

I am liking the actor as Seok Hoon seeing him in another one. He is sure handsome eye candy reminds me of Kang Dong Won.

Some memorable scenes thus far 

cute making video of the party where Logan Lee attends

Spoiler

• Like 4

The ppl in this show are batshit crazy. Yet I can sometimes pity them before I want to slap their faces LOL  EB is insane. Even when caught by her father she still spouts venom. Someone needs to put her in her place. Yet I understand her anger at the supposed affair but she doesn't know all the facts. BRN needs to start opening her mouth and telling her mom everything. And stand up more to those bully kids. She tries but she needs to try harder. And why is she putting on makeup with no school to go to ? LOL . Poor YH she gets built up to do something gr8 only to get pushed back down. I thought SJ father would believe YH. But he still take his own daughter's side.  I think he knows SJ cut YH throat but wont admit it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Jillia Actually I like RONA and SEOK HOON but their interactions is limited in the drama overall. So full of makjang and over the board story line, dramatic music and characters you cannot take it seriously. But I cannot STOP watching it. LOL.

I think it NOT weird at all. The actor does look like a younger Kang Dong Won and he is also "Cheat then You Die" I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 3

So, definitely getting much of the expected screaming from Rona and YH. But I’d didn’t expect Rona to look so pretty in makeup and her tulip skirt and fancy blouse. And once again, I thought, hmm, what about joining a kpop agency Rona? But they would never tolerate her hysterics.

and who else is laughing at Seo Jin’s OTT faces in episode 15?

• Like 3

Rona leaving the school was good but gosh, she is still annoying kid. All the screaming, my ear rings. Dan Tae still refuses to live Su Ryeong...YH is trying to seduce Dan Tae to get back at Seo Jin...Eun Byeol has officially lost last threads of her sanity...I can't wait for Seo Jin's downfall to begin...this season will end with her downfall so things are getting fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Is it me or do I really wanna see an evil YH? I know, I know, y’all wanna see good people in this drama, but I’ve never seen an evil female lead. I wanna know what’d she be like. Smarter? Less impulsive? Manipulative? Will she be a villain in the later seasons?

I really wanna see this happen.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, lilcrash said:

Yeah, the highlight of this week's episode was the last 10 mins of Ep 15.

Kim So Yeon's brilliant acting, facial expressions of madness, relentlessness, anxiety, composure and guilt.

Agreed. I hope she wins multiple awards for her performance in this series. Episode 15 showed so much. Absolute brilliant acting.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

But all of the characters are crazy or go crazy in this drama.
I also applaud the performance of kim so yeon, masterful, but also the actress who plays Eun Byeol, a great actress with a promising future.
Otherwise I don't ship Rona and Seok Hoon yet, just because the actor is very sexy, a lot of people want to see him with Rona, I expect him to change into action and sincerely apologize for what he has done before with his former victims, later we will see.
I don't think Rona will get mean, just a restless girl is coming lol
Concerning the lawyer I find him sometimes arrogant, poor man, but I think that he and seo jin will come back together at the end of the drama
Seo jin is crazy, she killed her own father, it's horrible, I see her going to jail at the end of this first season

• Like 3

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

Seo jin is crazy, she killed her own father, it's horrible, I see her going to jail at the end of this first season

Probably season 3. There is this saying, good guys die early and bad guy die last. If not, this drama will end at season 1.LOL.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

If not, this drama will end at season 1.LOL.

LOL, Ikr. But most of cast from this season are expected to attend the script reading for season 2, which means we won't see them being punished or die anytime soon,

4 hours ago, marrez1 said:

a lot of people want to see him with Rona, I expect him to change into action and sincerely apologize for what he has done before with his former victims, later we will see.

Agreed. Eventhough Rona being disrespectful to her mother, she can repay to her mother later on, but MSA is already dead, it'll be very hard for him to repay his sins. Even if SR or Logan forgives him, it wouldn't be enough because they weren't the ones who experienced it.

4 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I don't think Rona will get mean, just a restless girl is coming lol

We must have at least one good kid in the drama. All the kids are spoiled in their way atm. Rona is literally the only kid that has hope to become a good kid. Hopefully she'll be more mature after the misunderstanding. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nodame said:

Actually I like RONA and SEOK HOON but their interactions is limited in the drama overall. So full of makjang and over the board story line, dramatic music and characters you cannot take it seriously. But I cannot STOP watching it. LOL.

SAME. I can't get enough of Seokhoon and Rona! But I guess the adults scenes are more important first, but hopefully we get a chance to see Seokhoon having a chance to redeem himself and prove his true feelings to Rona. 

Gosh I usually hate makjangs but this is one where I have to see every episodes just to know what happens next! It's no wonder the ratings are increasing every week!! 

55 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Rona is literally the only kid that has hope to become a good kid. Hopefully she'll be more mature after the misunderstanding. 

I'm hoping for this too. I understand why she's behaving this way. Afterall, she's still a teenager and to hear the news about your mother getting involved with a married man, it's natural to blame her mother, which is why she screams and yell about wanting to quit school etc. On top of that, she's being blackmailed by Eunbyeol who threatens to reveal about the "affair" so all these are just too much for Rona to handle which explains her acting out. Totally get it. 

But I do hope she matures later on once she listens to her mother's explanation and what truely is going on between her and Dr Ha. 

5 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I also applaud the performance of kim so yeon, masterful, but also the actress who plays Eun Byeol, a great actress with a promising future.

I was shocked at how different Kim So Yeon is in real life when she appeared on Running Man! Totally different from Seojin! This really shows how good of an actress she is. 

Ah, the fact that we all hate Eunbyeol so much means that the actress playing her is doing a very good job! And to think this is her debut drama! Definitely a potential! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Agreed. Eventhough Rona being disrespectful to her mother, she can repay to her mother later on, but MSA is already dead, it'll be very hard for him to repay his sins. Even if SR or Logan forgives him, it wouldn't be enough because they weren't the ones who experienced it.

Since yesterday's episode, I felt very respectful towards Ro Na's handling towards Seok Hun. I wondered what he could do to atone for his sins. He is at fault for not stopping his sister and letting all of it happen, I guess? So do you think him turning the rest of the gang into actual humans and if they won't, turning them over is enough? Do you think he should also serve in jail? I'm interested - what would be enough to atone for his sins?

When I think of Seok Hun, I see him as a child who had no love from his parents and a girl who depended on him. I'm not trying to take the blame off him from what he did to Seol A, but I guess he snapped that day, since he knows how pitiful they sometimes are and how they can't live as confidently as Seol A did, in a way, needing to bully people to feel good about themselves. He himself doesn't seem to enjoy the bullying unlike his sister and her friends, just keeping his mouth shut for the sake of his little sister and watching from the sidelines. Seol A had this confidence in her to keep her head high despite her disadvantages (just like Ro Na) and, in that way, she out-shone them.

He never initiates, except when his sister is involved. (That wrestle with the one dude, he was slandering his sister's name) Even when his sister was against Seol A, he just tried to smooth out the waters. But in the end, he blindly followed his sister's demands, and didn't go against her and he needed to know that that wasn't OK at all, and I love Ro Na laid it bare to him.

Except of course, he is Seol A's murderer (and not his dad) then I guess this won't be the case anymore.

52 minutes ago, Secretz said:

We must have at least one good kid in the drama. All the kids are spoiled in their way atm. Rona is literally the only kid that has hope to become a good kid. Hopefully she'll be more mature after the misunderstanding. 

That's what I'm betting on - Ro Na yet has lines to cross, she knows what's good from bad, she's not a psychopath like Seok Kyung and her friends. Her only problem is miscommunication and mistrust in her mother, and that's basically it - she's smart, she's talented, (she held her own in a school where an A+ performance would be rated a B- or worse when it came to her) she's truthful, she's confident like Seol A, and she knows to protect her mother (she could've just let EB talk about the supposed affair, and just go on, but she didn't). She's dignified, up to this episode.

If she had actually acted on what she had said to Seok Hun, and not turned into an emo kid (as might be hinted in the trailer for next week - what with her running away from home) that would've been better. I hope when she comes back to school, she can go to a different class, where her classmates know to appreciate her talent and not treat her like dirt, laugh at a small misstep, and call her an embarrassment. But then, now that that diva is going to be Director, it's possibly going to turn out badly.

I hope she can fix her communication problem as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@lebritneeey YEAH thanks I agree. Right now there is not way they can be together with Rona being told he approached her not truthfully in the right way (true) but what she doesn't know he truly came to like her. I am proud of her to step away from her. Frankly, she has to protect herself, how can she believe he likes her. He showed indications per their group making comments----taking her patches after he got beat up, eating Rona's mom's cooking etc. Still initially we know he only approached her due to his twin sister. But still if there is a WHIF of a chance of them together, I wouldn't mind.

@Nyein Chan @lilcrash @boafriendagain @marrez1 Well always admired Kim So Yeon (All About Eve) was my introduction to her. She is so really OPPOSITE her character in real life. She plays these mean strong "bxxch" women so well as her looks makes it that it seems she can be that way.  She definitely was the HIGHLIGHT of ep 15 at the end. The range of emotions, not easy to do.

Dr Han seeing how twisted his poor daughter EB is thanks to his wife. He was horrified and had to go tell YH. He apologized. The friend knew his daughter was lying to say all was well and imposter syndrome was so true. Trying to avoid the truth and working hard to be perfect and try to live up to ideals. Glad Dr. Han was horrified and confronted SJ and realized she is a "monster" calling out on YH what SHE is actually is as a mom with EB to the T. The contract def was one of EB bullying and when she tried to talk her way out of it, EB just fessed up with "crazy eyes". Wow she is a rookie actress? She is doing a great job for us to dislike her! Bravo!

Logan Lee getting kidnapped as the PE teacher and oooh he was so cool and smooth when he shot the pic of his adoptive sis SA (those three shots as halo around her head) very amazing. 

DT wife not wanting to deal with him and he trying to salvage their relationship. EH?

CSJ being so crazy with YH and YH trying to share with her dad to bring her down. He is ALL about face and calling her rude and vulgar. Painting the kettle black saying that to the VICTIM acting the pure bully. How could SJ really think she would still be the CA Foundation director after her dad heard that? He defended her to save FACE, but he detests their pristine family image smeared with divorce and adultery. 

Rona --glad she told DT's wife. Glad she had someone to tell and it was obvious to us bullying etc as she originally wanted to be there. Interesting that SH wanted her TO NOT LEAVE. Right there, that is out of character for the remote, cold, handsome SH to even say that to anyone. IT will take more than that to correct what he did or did NOT do.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Aolian said:

He is at fault for not stopping his sister and letting all of it happen, I guess?

That'a not the worst part, he bullied MSA with the other kids as well (it's in episode 2). That sin is unforgivable. Rona is right, MSA did nothing wrong and she's dead. He needs some real redemption of he wants to end up with Rona. 

Also, why does he bully MSA but he's kind to Rona? I don't get it? 

1 hour ago, Aolian said:

So do you think him turning the rest of the gang into actual humans and if they won't, turning them over is enough?

I doubt that, I feel like he's the kind of person who would stay away from the chaos as far as possible.

1 hour ago, Aolian said:

Do you think he should also serve in jail? I'm interested - what would be enough to atone for his sins?

He's a minor (17), right? Juvenile detention center is good enough.

1 hour ago, Aolian said:

If she had actually acted on what she had said to Seok Hun, and not turned into an emo kid (as might be hinted in the trailer for next week - what with her running away from home) that would've been better.

I think they have to extend the episodes somehow. We have 2 unaired SEASONS so the writers have to come up with something. I wouldn't say Rona handled it the best, but considering what happened to her, at least she's not doing ugly stuff. I think she'll wear the wig for like one or two episodes, then she'll be back to normal again after clearing up the misunderstanding.

Also, can we appreciate the fact that Logan Lee's wig didn't come off when he was kidnapped?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Secretz LOL OMG I was thinking the same thing, Logan Lee's wig did not fall off?! Amazing! he takes it off so easily when he is back in the hotel. Then the GIG would have been up. So true.

Seok Hun with Anna Lee, he did not have any feelings of attraction unlike Bae Rona. (We saw it slowly when he helped her get over the wall--due to his sis). But later he could help himself to star at her and look at her. So making his initially "false" crush interest on her turn real. It was never the case with Anna Lee the tutor. She was supposed to be "older" and tutor them. So he was not interested in her more annoyed and when she was really their age , he IS guilty for NOT stopping his sister and the others from bullying. He has enough "clout" for Minhyuk and Jenny to follow what he and his sis do. THey are the queen bee and king of the elite social popularity the school. So the fact he did NOTHING and did not stop shows he was not really caring of others. How only he felt and his sis and himself. Even though he had not much love from his own dad and prob a bit of self hatred too for feeling helpless in dealing with his dad and unable to protect his loved ones. But to then turn those feelings and inadequacy to bullying others to make yourself feel better is STILL not right.

Looking forward to next week.

• Like 3

On 12/16/2020 at 4:49 PM, Secretz said:

That'a not the worst part, he bullied MSA with the other kids as well (it's in episode 2). That sin is unforgivable. Rona is right, MSA did nothing wrong and she's dead. He needs some real redemption of he wants to end up with Rona. 

I just re-watched the first few episodes and realized a few things: The first time where Seol A was pushed into the water, Seok Hun was absent. Why? Then why was he there during the later bullying? I really hated him in that episode, honestly, but he started raging after she hit a nerve, I guess. But the moment he snapped, he almost killed her (alcohol and fire) and he definitely needs to pay for that. I also guess we'll be seeing that side of him probably soon.

Also, why does he bully MSA but he's kind to Rona? I don't get it? 

I don't really get it either, but one possibility is his aversion to dishonesty - somebody pointed it out for me some time ago in either this forum or somewhere else, but his disgust at her lying to all of them and her striking a nerve like logically, she's completely right, but then she doesn't know about how they're abused by their father and I guess the anger had to go somewhere. I'm not defending him, but I'm trying to see what made it so different. 

Besides, I think he slowly fell for Ro Na while siding with her. Possibly because her sister, despite it being an act, wasn't colouring his impression of Ro Na with hatefulness? He might have been subconsciously open due to it and didn't realize that he was falling for her.

Like, both Anna and Ro Na are strong - but I guess whether you are directly hit with that strength in the face or you watch the strength from the sidelines might have been why he bullied Seol A but was kind to Ro Na.

I doubt that, I feel like he's the kind of person who would stay away from the chaos as far as possible.

Not if it's his sister involved. Possibly, the same might go for Ro Na. I honestly didn't know what to think of EP15 as to Seok Hun x Ro Na - what were his eyes saying? There are two possibilities:

1. He is left to see the fatal consequences to his actions, not only to Seol A, but also to the possible love of his life, when you interpret Ro Na's words as 'Min Seol A died without having done anything wrong, possibly with your influence, so who can guarantee the same won't happen to me?'

2. He has now no choice but to be convinced that Ro Na wrote those texts - since her questions can also be seen as 'As you can see, Seol A died without having done anything wrong, so I won't let you guys have a peaceful day, I'll make sure you don't forget it's largely your fault that Seol A died.'

If the first, that has been a strong wake-up call, if the second, I guess we'll see EP2-Seok Hun once more, unleashed on Ro Na, since he will feel threatened by what he thinks she knows.

I wouldn't say Rona handled it the best, but considering what happened to her, at least she's not doing ugly stuff.

What do you mean by ugly stuff?

Also, can we appreciate the fact that Logan Lee's wig didn't come off when he was kidnapped?

OMG yes, I was wheezing at that! Where can you find a wig that won't go off even during a kidnapping?! They need to make an advertisement, quick! The same goes for Seol A's wig when she was pushed down the swimming pool! Her ombré wig didn't come off, or else she might have been discovered. Guess those wigs were really expensive, or that runs in the family.

Edited by Aolian
Rearranged for the sake of better understanding
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2