[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

13 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I think Su Ryung has chemistry with Logan...I definitely didn't expect it, its there and I could possibly ship them, long shot but hey its Makjang anyway...and it'd be great if they tormented Dan Tae with it...no matter how much he sleeps around, he has no plans for marrying Seo Jin...Su Ryeong has more money and more societal respect/connections....Seo Jin is a small fish compared to Su Ryeong. Seo Jin thinks she can bend Dan Tae her way and break their marriage and hence jumped shark with the divorce. I am pretty confident that she will get the divorce, YH will get reunited with Yeon Cheol and she will loose her already on the point breakdown daughter to YH too and will loose both her family, school and Dan Tae as well...I don't think Eun Byeol killed Min Seol A...I think the girl twin may have done it, just my guess...she has her father's murderous scheming tendencies and she hated Min Seol A with passion. 

Possible. I feel like this season will end with another death. Perhaps Seo Jin ? OR it might be the doctor or Eun Byeol

11 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

Possible. I feel like this season will end with another death. Perhaps Seo Jin ? OR it might be the doctor or Eun Byeol

My money's on Eun Byeol confessing to a crime she possibly didn't commit by the end and Seo Jin's complete and utter downfall. So, this show is doing season by season format? Dan Tae is too big to fall just at once. 

• Like 1

Hello all

I haven't watched this drama (TBH can't afford till the end this year), only read some excerpts. And as you might be experiencing its indulging. I had a few doubts, if anyone of you kind soul can clarify that.

1. Is Min Seol A is Su Ryeong's biological daughter?

2. Also Seok Hoon and Kyung's half sister?

Since may people are shipping Soek Hoon and Bae rona, I just wanted to know were they not that evil towards Seol A? And what i really want to see is how the twins will react when they get to know their father's doing and  secret of Seol A's death?

What do you all think? Are these already answered?

Thank U GIF by Idil Keysan IN ADVANCE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wook's Fan said:

Is Min Seol A is Su Ryeong's biological daughter?

2. Also Seok Hoon and Kyung's half sister?

Since may people are shipping Soek Hoon and Bae rona, I just wanted to know were they not that evil towards Seol A?

Hello!! Firstly yep! Min SeolA is SR's biological daughter, but she's not the twin's half sister since the twin's are not SR biological children. Secondly, well.. Seokhoon was part of the mean kids gang who bullied SeolA so he's not exactly an angel. But Rona had nothing to do with Seol A if I remembered correctly. I'm just shipping them cause their little romance is the only cute thing going on in the entire drama lol! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like i mentioned at Kim So Yeon forum

Looking that the list of the people involved in the script reading, generally most of the main cast names are there.

To concluded that this season 1......we will not be able to know who kill Min Seol-A.

I wouldn't be surprise that they are going to name season 2.....Penthouse: Who kill Min Seol-A.

3 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

Like i mentioned at Kim So Yeon forum

Looking that the list of the people involved in the script reading, generally most of the main cast names are there.

To concluded that this season 1......we will not be able to know who kill Min Seol-A.

I wouldn't be surprise that they are going to name season 2.....Penthouse: Who kill Min Seol-A.

We already know who killed her, don't we? Or was that scene a red herring?

I now ship Logan Lee and SR.

I have a feeling SeoJin's life is going to hit the skidds soon. Whenever someone is happy in a makjang, it usually comes crashing down. She's going to see Dantae's ugly side soon. No way will he let go of SR, he legit killed a man to get her. SeoJin is the fun passionate side, SR represents his status, ambitions and dreams. And for a man like Dantae, his status,ambitions and dreams ARE him, everything else is secondary.

Now that the doctor and SJ are divorced, I feel like SR will push him and YH together to make SJ spiral. But EunByeol threw everything out of whack by telling Rona. That's going to backfire too because SeokHoon inherited his father's temper and he won't go easy just because she's a girl. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

No way will he let go of SR, he legit killed a man to get her. SeoJin is the fun passionate side, SR represents his status, ambitions and dreams. And for a man like Dantae, his status,ambitions and dreams ARE him, everything else is secondary.

I hope she'll fall publicly. She deserves it. But I also hope RN will get the info first to blackmail EB with, or just straight up show it to SK, together with that sheet of paper EB made RN write - so that EB has no out anymore. She'll go crazy then, I guess.

8 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

Now that the doctor and SJ are divorced, I feel like SR will push him and YH together to make SJ spiral. But EunByeol threw everything out of whack by telling Rona. That's going to backfire too because SeokHoon inherited his father's temper and he won't go easy just because she's a girl. 

I actually wish YH and YC won't get together (except he turns out to be RN's biological father) cuz YH deserves better. I wish RN would remain the strong, true, pure girl - I'm not sure what to expect next ep (esp. with that makeover which might indicate that she'll turn dark - notice how similar RN looks to SK in the mirror, or maybe it's just me) but she should learn different lessons from that school, not to turn dark.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerK said:

@Aolian I've been hoping for a reveal of YC being Rona's dad. What a mess of joining those two as sisters. Even better, EB is not Doc's daughter but the butler's.

That's the only reason why I'd want YC back to YH. EB will have to live with the fact that she has the same blood as RN. RN also will have to reconsider a few things then.

The butler? Who are you talking about?

Why are people making assumptions about RN being YC's biological daughter? I'm sure YC and YH haven't seen each other since their college days so the timeline wouldn't match up. All we got in the preview was the lawyer guy saying "RN's stepdad" meaning YC and YH will get back together. 

• Insightful 1

On 12/12/2020 at 10:44 PM, monalisa said:

We already know who killed her, don't we? Or was that scene a red herring?

Unless he was imagining that he was the one who killed, especially when a guy's hand was shown when MSA was pushed, we already know it's him, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I didn't really like this episode. The only scene I enjoy was when SR exposed the her husband cheating on her. Too much toxic for Rona. Glad she left he school, despite not willingly. Hopefully she'll move to a better school but this is kdrama, they'll somehow make her return.

Although Rona doesn't deserve it, her bratty attitude istg. She complained to her mother because she moved into the penthouse? Like wth? A few episodes before you complained that you wish to live in the penthousem and now this? Also where is trust? Why wouldn't you confront your mother when EB accused YH for being a sidechick? Communication is a thing, hello?

13 hours ago, Aolian said:

esp. with that makeover which might indicate that she'll turn dark

If turning dark means that she has her eyes open, is more mature and intelligent, then I'm in. If it's just turning her evil, then sigh... We should have a least one good kid in this drama. 

I predict season 2 is about them being in college, because the 5 kids who got enrolled are the 5 main kids in the show? I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

MAN THIS EPISODE MADE ME RAGE BUT HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME.

Rage cause of what Eunbyeol is doing to Rona, controlling her by blackmailing about her mother. But tbh, Rona should ask her mother to explain everything. Proper communication with her mother is needed sigh. 

My Seokhoon x Rona heart shooked when he found her but she gave him the cold shoulder. But I understand why she did that since to her, Seokhoon's "feelings" are fake(?) but damn we see how worried he was when he found Rona though.. And the way he ran after her when she quit school. I'm looking forward to more of their interactions in the next ep!!

Happy because LOOKS LIKE LOGAN AND SR ARE BECOMING ALLIES?! And DT and SJ's affair is finally out muahaha! Queen SR FTW! and oh my, looks like i'm low key shipping logan and SR now.. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

I'm kinda new here but I've been enjoying Penthouse for the last few weeks. I thought episode 13 was chaotic enough but turns out it was just a beginning lol. 

Spoiler

For EP 15, it seems like SY and LL will team up? But SY still have her doubts. Does LL already knew that DT switched Seola with Hyein?

In addition, I am still curious whether we can see spoilers based on Penthouse's poster, like how each character's clothes and body gesture indicates their role in the drama.penthouse-war-of-life-sbs-kdrama-680x384

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sasha1818 said:

I now ship Logan Lee and SR.

I have a feeling SeoJin's life is going to hit the skidds soon. Whenever someone is happy in a makjang, it usually comes crashing down. She's going to see Dantae's ugly side soon. No way will he let go of SR, he legit killed a man to get her. SeoJin is the fun passionate side, SR represents his status, ambitions and dreams. And for a man like Dantae, his status,ambitions and dreams ARE him, everything else is secondary.

I have been wondering if the twins are really DT's kids.  He used them as bait to entice SJ to marry him.  He could have 'bought' them the way he bought and switched SJ's real daughter.  Actually I dunno why SJ felt she needed to marry anyone.  She is the one with the connections and wealth.  Why did she need to marry DT?

I don't really feel much warm towards SJ.  She seemed like a person who was just merely breathing oxygen and taking up space.  The twins like raised themselves! Neither DT or her showed much interest in them.  She only started to show interest when she found out about the switch.  The other kids are really mean bullies.  Not that the twins aren't.  But when I look at them, I see two pitiful unloved children.  

I don't like Logan as well.  He talked so much about justice and truth must be out, but did he make any attempt to find out the truth?  He just guessed that SJ abandoned her daughter and ran with that assumption.  Isn't it more to assuage his own guilt?  As SL told him - she doesn't want his help because that would mean accepting money from his Dad.  So he only rebuked Daddy and Mummy but continued to use Daddy's money.  

I don't think I will watch Penthouse 2 and 3.  By the time it comes around, there will be other shows and I would have forgotten what transpired in Penthouse 1.  Also, 99% of sequels are not as good as the first. They should have just extended this series.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Secretz said:

If turning dark means that she has her eyes open, is more mature and intelligent, then I'm in. If it's just turning her evil, then sigh... We should have a least one good kid in this drama. 

I am thinking of her stopping to go to any school, instead drowning in alcohol and clubbing and just wasting her potential. I think behind the scenes (Not the actor, but the characters what isn't shown) she is a very smart and hard-working person. I think she's going to let all that go. 

Possibly, she'd turn evil (like SK, did you see she resembled her a bit in the mirror? Or maybe it's just me), but I'd prefer your first option, while being as hard-working as she is.

• Like 4

WOW.  This show is just something else. 

To recap-

Rona actually leaves school and becomes emo drop out kid. She also blames her mother- nothing much has changed there.

SeoJin kills her dad. EB has totally gone off the deep end. SeokHoon suddenly displaying human emotions. Logan Lee pulling a uno reverse card on Dantae with the gun. 

Preview is INSANE:

SJ haunted by the spirit of her father!

Rona at a  convenience store wearing a cheap wig with horrible makeup infront of Jenny and Min Hyuk and potential 2nd love interest!

Logan Lee and SR together in the penthouse!

SR slapping Dantae!

Dantae and YoonHee on a date!

SJ now slapping Yoonhee!

This is batshit crazy but the show is entertaining. It's like they boiled down makjang to 20 episodes.  Also, I defn ship Logan Lee and SR- they have good chemistry and he's HAWT as previously mentioned. Dantae will defn back off from SJ when she's starts displaying her more unhinged side- the death of her father is defn going to unsettle her. I don't see him letting go of SR until he gets that thing- is it property? Ownership over the company? what is it?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, sasha1818 said:

WOW.  This show is just something else. 

To recap-

Rona actually leaves school and becomes emo drop out kid. She also blames her mother- nothing much has changed there.

I hope she gets over it soon with the help of 2nd lead or sth.

1 hour ago, sasha1818 said:

SeokHoon suddenly displaying human emotions.

Where? I'm curious. (except u mean the scene where he tried to stop her.)

• Like 4