[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

@NodameThanks for sharing yours as well! Enjoyed reading them :-)

I’ve just watched ep 6:

Spoiler

Lee Ji Ah is finally doing something! Quite satisfying to see her being one step ahead of her husband and the Hera adults. Also, nice to see she was secretly helping Eugene. Seems like that’s the start of Eugene’s journey to Hera Place - buying the apartment Min Seol A lived in at a super cheap price before redevelopment plans were announced. 

Cheon Seo Jon’s sister finally appeared in ep 6. Sister seems annoying but she managed to make CSJ mad so all is good. We can be friends. Lol.

Last part of the ep annoyed me. I knew it lol Rona is too naive. When she and Eugene were in the car after the accident - I literally went ‘oh not again...’  hahaha. Lo and behold - Rona started screaming crying and throwing a tantrum for being late for the ceremony / her chance to perform lol. After making her mum rush her to school hope she finally wakes up when she watched EB take her place. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Didn't expect the writer 

Spoiler

to kill off Secretary Yoon this early. 

He was really helpful to Soo-ryeon, but I guess he knew he can't get away from Dan-tae. Gosh Congressman Jo is such a despicable person, making money by sending orphan children overseas to do bone marrow transplant. Glad he died.

Now that the mobile phone has shown up, I hope Soo-ryeon gets it. Soo-ryeon please don't get caught! Dan-tae and Seo-jin are still very suspicious of you...

-------

The three leading ladies of SBS drama Penthouse, Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon and Eugene will be guests on an upcoming episode of SBS variety show Running man, the episode will be broadcasted later in November.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having seen episode 6, I'm really worried. Can Seo Ryoen beat the Dan Tae and Seo Jin ??

I was so scared that Dan Tae would find out everything Seo Ryeon was doing. 
Between Seo Ryeon and Seo Jin who Dan Tae loves more, I'm curious 

• Like 4

This is for anyone who's checking in the thread just to see what's happening in this show (but not interested enough to continue watching):

1. Assemblyman had been selling Korean orphans abroad so they can be harvested for their bone marrow, so that is what happened to Min Seol-Ah. (yes, it's practically a horror movie at this point) Secretary Yoon (accidentally? on purpose?) murders him in his own home. Then at some point later he commits suicide.

2. Dante decides to kill Su-Ryeon's fake comatose daughter, and Su-Ryeon switches the body with Sec. Yoon's help. She keeps the comatose Hye-In alive and puts Seol-Ah's ashes in Hye-In's urn.

3. Yoon-Hee and Rona do something, something... I don't even remember. They shriek a lot and run around hysterically. Episode 6 ends with them getting royally screwed over yet again. About 5% of me wants them to stay and fight the Hera Palace witches and win. About 95% of me wants them just realize that anywhere else is probably better than this, and move on and move away.

And Yun-Cheol (Cheon Seo-Jin's husband) is Yoon-Hee's first love but Seo-Jin stole him from her. Okaaay, that was not surprising at all.

So... basically, Dante is soooo evil. When he called Su-Ryeon pretending to be broken up about Hye-in's death, it was genuinely chilling how completely fake he was. But ultimately, it's hard to feel invested because we don't know what his motivation is at all. Greed for money? Love for Su-Ryeon? Or just enjoys cackling like an evil villain?

And just about everyone else is despicable and stupid except for Su-Ryeon. I hope she has an awesome revenge plan to take down all these terrible people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I finally saw ep 6.

Thanks my friend @chickfactor writing stuff for those not watching. I have to admit you hit on the points I was thinking of and very kind of you to update.

@monalisa Yup the car accidents in MAJORITY of dramas . Sigh.

@qqbr21 I hope Lee Ji Ah's character Soo Ryeon can BEAT her evil hubby. I love the actor who is Dan Tae but his role - good chance to be evil. Seo Jin (that actress Kim So Yeon ) is a legend at evil characters. In real life she is such a doll and very sweet.

@lilcrash I agree that was interesting and sad that Secretary Yoon is no longer in the mix. He had a HEART and helped his boss wife and showed a conscience. He knew his ex boss is vengeful. I mean, he killed his current wife's hubby. Then switches his wife's baby with an ill one. Sends off the bio daughter to orphanage, then gets adopted or her bone marrow and then shipped back to Korea to live a hard life. Life would have it she is back as a tutor. She lies about her age and then gets into the prestigious Arts School and then is vilified for needing to earn money and lied about her age/credentials. Lying is never good but the residents at Hera Palace are despicable. Also thanks for telling about Running Man appearance of the three women leads.

@yellowreign Awww thanks. Yes, when I read your thoughts I agreed. Everyone has annoying people. The fact Seo Jin at the dinner table was irritated by her sis. I mean I cannot get any sympathy for her at all. Then her harrassed hubby who left his first love for HER. Dang he is hounded for not being good enough and lacking in their eyes. No wonder he is not happy. Seo Jin is playing with fire thinking that Dan Tae is better. Yeah he is seducing you has power, prestige and money. But he is an evil guy. Then again Seo Jin is NO angel herself. They deserve each other. 

Glad that Eugene's character got help from Soo Ryeon to buy Anna Lee's old place before the redevelopment plans are released.

I just go for the roller coaster ride in every episode. I am sad that Soo Ryeon no longer has Secretary Yoon. She is going to be found out and her hubby Dan Tae uugggggh is so evil. I cannot blame her for doing what she did to start revenge. She needs help. Without Secretary Yoon what is she going to do?

Dr. Ha --glad this week he protected Oh Yoon Hee and gave her an alibi (not lying and truthful). In a way I am glad Seo Jin found out he helped Yoon Hee with the 100K. (Come on you know she would find out eventually. Seo Jin is not ONE to not say certain things. Like she is KIND to drop charges, AS IF.I am surprised Yoon Hee did not wise up and think about it. Seo Jin doesnt' have any KINDNESS in her.

• Like 3

I was hoping that Yoon-Hee would be a strong female lead. I thought that she was gonna take a twisted, vengeful yet ambitious rise to Hera Palace... but so far she’s done... nothing. Nothing at all. I’m disappointed.

I like Su-Ryun, though. She’s very smart and cunning. I wish she and Yoon-Hee would work together to take down the Hera Coven. I can’t help but hate-love Seo-Jin, I like Dr. Ha, hate Dan-Tae (and why is he evil?? I don’t get it) and all the kids (that includes Ro-Na), like Attorney Lee... that nouveau riche lady is annoying as hell. Just like her daughter, she’s obnoxious. The newscaster housewife is ok. She’s a complete sell-out. The mom-in-law is hilarious. 

What everyone did to Min Seol-Ah (minus Yoon-Hee) was incredibly excessive. She was only 16 and y’all treated her like she was 26! Just a kid! I hope all the characters pay, and I hope the 2 good ladies get their revenge, which means Yoon-Hee needs to wise up and stop being so pathetic. Beat Seo-Jin at her own game. Seol-Ah should come back to haunt all the characters.

As for me, I love this drama no matter how makjang it is, if you guys don’t like it, just don’t watch it. Great acting with a good storyline, even though the mood/tone switches up too fast sometimes.

Also, why are Seo-Jin and Dan-Tae even cheating in the first place?

• Like 4

Okay, I love Eugene, though frankly, I’m beginning to wonder why, but the overacting, yikes! Cool it!

Although they are all a bit guilty of this, Eugene takes the cake. She must hit all the scales in one wail.

Also, doesn’t anyone paint or act at this art school?

updating to say this show is a hot mess and that’s why I may or may not last. It’s so 50-50.

• Like 3

I think secretary Yoon is feeling guilty when his boss wanted to kill the fake daughter and all the bad things, so he decided to help su ryeon, at first I even have assumption like sec yoon is the father of the fake daughter so he betray his boss lol. very curious about the story of the fake daughter when she awakes (she will right since they didn't kill her character), how ro na and the twins will be? (I think the boy like ro na and the girl is like pretending to be nice with her), and who killed seol a.

I never watched kim seo yeon in variety show, I only know her evil, scary face and act in drama, can't wait to see them in running man.

• Like 2

I think I’m watching the episodes too early... just !!!-ing at it by myself... 

Anyway LOL ep 7:

Spoiler

- Screaming Rona is back lol she was SO annoying this ep, throwing tantrums at her mum from start to end. So dumb also keeps getting herself into situations where she’s obviously at a disadvantage -.-

- I knew it. I was like ??? Why so sudden @ Seok Hoon suddenly helping Rona climb over the wall haha I was like 설마... (surely not...) he like her or what?? Then flashback back to the car scene - that’s more like him! The things he would say lol. Makes more sense that it’s Seok Kyung who made him do it to trigger Eunbyul. But now as the twins step aside to just watch the drama / Rona getting bullied while they pretend to be Rona’s friends... You guys think it will head into /yet/ another cliche plot of Seok Hoon falling for Rona after this whole act? They still seem to be haunted by their taunting of Min Seol A though.

- Dr Ha finally caught on. He’s more angry than I thought he would be. Did feel a bit sad for him lol when he was waiting at the bar. Not sure what will happen if he finds out who the guy is. Guess he’ll probably have some role to play in the whole revenge later.

- Nothing much for Soo-ryeon this ep. Still slowly working on her plan like trying to take back control of her mum’s company (that her husband had been looking after). Also trying to get the kids on her side too. For the first time she barged in!!! And saved the kids from her husband. Though I thought that scene was a bit awkward haha.

- Eunbyul is going crazy. Now even Seok Kyung looks better to me HAHA. I actually want to see Seok Kyung to beat Eunbyul (don’t think either will win, there’s only one trophy - more likely to be Rona in the end and also as a full closure for her mum. But not sure what this drama will throw to us). Was enjoying the scenes of the twins getting Eunbyul triggered :P

- Also, lucky Eugene somehow got stalled and managed get hold of the redevelopment news before she stamped her seal!!! That scene got me nervous too. Was actually happy with her haha. But then again also imagined if like Eugene sold it right before the announcement lol would Rona have cried and threw tantrum at her mum again for selling it? :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

This new character shown in Ep 8 preview can actually be Seol-ah's brother (not related, just that she transferred her bone marrow to him) in disguise? :joy:

bro.png

--------

Running Man Ep 530 Preview - Guests are Lee Ji-ah, Kim So-yeon and Eugene

--------------

SBS won't be airing Penthouse Ep8 tonight due to a soccer match between South Korea and Qatar.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1438333wpp/kairos-the-penthouse-and-more-to-not-air-today

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2020 at 2:11 AM, chococarmela said:

Also, why are Seo-Jin and Dan-Tae even cheating in the first place?

SJ is jealous of SR living in the 100th floor of the penthouse, because the higher the floor you're at, it shows that the richer you are. Idk if she seduce DT for his money or to replace his wife. 

As for DT, I have no idea. Probably because SJ is his type and he is sick of SR? 

Thoughts on Episode 7:

I liked Dr. Ha at the beginning, until knowing that he dìtched Yoon Hee for SJ. There is a possibility of him being Rona's biological father but we'll see. There are only three characters that I like so far, Seol-A, SR, and half of YH. Idk if I will like the new teacher.

Speaking of him, I swear, I could not regconise the actor. Woulfpd never expect to be Park Eun-Seok if it weren't for the cast list.

Untitled470.jpg

I thought his sunglasses was his eyebrows. I-

I wish to see DT's backstory. I don't understand why is he so abusive and obsessive with things. As for the twins, I do not understand how they can let their father abuse them, and that SR has NO CLUE on how he treated them, there is even a room for that. So, they would rather let DT abusive them than to ask help from SR who that hate, oh ok. I'm also surprised on how DT haven't laid a finger on SR yet, considering how obsessive he is.

YH literally got saved by the writer, just because she's one of the female leads and the writer somehow had to make her to live in Hera Palace. (The word 'Palace' just makes things dramatic to a whole new level lol) What are the odds that a kid would enter a shop and turn on the news out of all the tv channels a second before she decided to stamp the contract. 

Rona should really just quit that school, the environment is toxic for her, it'll just make her extra bratty. 

There are many plot holes in this drama, but I'm looking forward to the next episode as YH enters the Hera Palace, next week...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What is it with Bae Ro Na, why can’t she be smart and keep her mouth shut? 

I just dropped all regular scheduled programming to watch rewatch Grudge : Revolt of the Gumiho, and the 9 year olds in that show were smarter than any character written nowadays!

• Like 4

Indeed. I think we're supposed to root for Rona and Yoon-Hee, but it's very hard to root for them when they act so foolish and get themselves further into trouble.

It's like Yoon-Hee's conflict with Seo-Jin since they were young. When you're up against the person who is the Director of the school and his daughter, you have to know that the fight isn't fair so physically tussling with them just isn't smart.

I'm glad there is one smart person on this show, Soo-Ryeon, who knows how to play the long game. 

A few random thoughts:

Okay, the main men's idea of a good time is to kidnap and tie up a person they do not like and pretend to run him over with a car. When the sadism is dialed to 11 at all times like this, it's not possible to be shocked by anything, because your mind becomes numb.

It's like how the kids all get into a knock-down drag-out brawl every single day at this school. It's just boring.

I really don't hate everything quite yet.

I felt genuinely happy for Yoon-Hee when she didn't stamp that real estate contract. She finally gets a win. I hope this means Rona will stop being a brat to her mom for... one episode, hopefully?

Dante's relationship with Seo-Jin is ... just hilarious. When they kiss and say "I love you," it's just so funny. Can a psychotic monster really love someone? I mean, she's falling for this?

As previously suspected, Soo-Ryeon was the one with family money, which is probably why Dante wanted to marry her. She also has more brains than everyone in this entire show put together.

I guess I will enjoy seeing the bad people suffer eventually.

And I like it when they sing opera. Even though they are lip syncing, and everyone's obsession with it is grating, I do enjoy that part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sad no ep 8.

@yellowreign Thanks for your thoughts on ep6

@tulip06 OMG me TOO! I was like RO NA please dial down the screaming. YH and RN were just TOO much screaming and shrieking. I was thinking RN -entitled and spoiled brat. What have you done to help or understand your mom? You are just too much. Throwing the food your mom made for you in the trash, so ungrateful. I really cannot be behind her AT all. She was lucky she was saved by the new teacher too. She totally is walking into the twin's trap.

@chickfactor Thanks my friend. YUP makes sense DT is controlling SR money. The look on Jenny's mm and the newscaster wife face realizing the REAL money was SR.  Dang control freak and money makes people cruel. But we knew he was CRUEL getting the money. I mean he murdered SR husband, switched SR birth baby with a sickly baby, sickly punched and abused SA when she was in the boiler/mechanical room. He is so sick. Yeah to help that Mamma's boy lawyer after winning the bet, so childish and brutish to terrorize that man and make him stop dating?! (Seriously cause the Lawyer is in LUST and cannot have her and is jealous of the younger talented Lawyer. So sick to my stomach of these bullies.) 

DR Han I did half like too as he helped YH pay off 100K to his wife (quietly until it got blown up) or stood as YH alibi. I have to admit he TRIED to reconcile with SJ for EB. But then to have jealous DT (after dumping his wife) to not standing they were having a date night and sabotage it.

Yeah DT and Dr Han's wife DESERVE each other. These two don't know what REAL love is anyways.

I agree I want just desserts to the EVIL characters.

@tulip06 I love Eugene too but this role she is too shrill at times I am wondering too where the sweet real Eugene is behind her character YH.

@chococarmela I guess SR started actions slowly this past ep 6. But still slow and taking her time.

Her stepping in to help the kids. It seems like a FIRST. They cannot believe it either, I couldn't too.  Wow for her to intrude. too Suspect.

@Secretz OMG me too I was glad YH was taking her SWEET time to NOT stamp the document. So when the news broke out as she was about to stamp---YES there is JUSTICE. Saved by the bell!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

What is wrong with Co-Rona, you know full well your mom and the head of your school don't get along, have history of feuding and she doesn't like you and half the school kids, moms, dads are waiting to throw you out and yet you think picking fight with her is the right thing to do? I can't believe this weird RickRoll'D show thought it was a good idea to kill off Min Seo-Ah to keep this waste of oxygen Ro-Na alive. I actually was hoping she'd fall, go into coma and we'd be spared her stupidity and screeches. That aside I am happy for Yoon-Hee, all display of stupidity aside, she does seem like one of the few kind people that you can root for. So, Soo Ryeon came from chaebol background and she is taking back control. That was no accident her running into those two wannabe rich snobs. She timed it, I think she has a plan in motion to show Seo Jin her place. I am frankly looking forward to it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Hello chingus, I started this drama because of ratings but I am not sure If I should keep on this makjang of the makjangs. I hate everyone (Also screamings) except LJA’s character. Maybe I should just read your comments to keep me updated. Btw this drama has 2 seasons. Does it mean we will not see their revenge at the end of season 1 ?!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

@Nymeria289 OMG me too! I cannot wait til SR really shows us her TEETH. I mean DT knows something afoot as she was so PASSIVE all these years. So to have her want to take over her parent's biz (that is RIGHT get back your money/assets) from the BULLY.

Also I agree her talking to the two other to the two other wives show who is BOSS. Not only SJ comes from a good family. I mean would DT marry someone not worthy without ---specs--money, background or pedigree? What pedigree is he though? I wonder.

Yeah I agree with all, RN is ridiculous screaming and yelling at those in POWER and you already at HUGE disadvantage and lacking in money, prestige and power---very dumb MOVE in deed.

EB was a bit scary. Her forcing her parents to reconcile (then again any child if they love their parents and think they should be together ) would think that. Aside from her weak personality, and wishy washy ways, I don't have much respect to her.

The sister having her twin bro be nice to RN, omg I was thinking him coming from LEFT FIELD helping her over the gate (1) why would he do that? 2) offering the seat next to him DEF out of character. RN is too trusting . Yeah makes sense the sis is not happy with EB as it is to her--her against EB for the trophy. SK should know she is at disadvantage too as SJ is NOT your mom. 

DR Han showing his being upset finding out SJ lied to him. (I too was surprised how UPSET he was. I mean she is beautiful , headstrong and willful.  If not for DT trying to play with her , she being the willing participant she SHOULD have been with him. (But then it would NOT be Penthhouse-this crazy drama).

What's up with the new teacher? Glad he saved RN (though I am hoping she can tone down her BRATTY ness and yelling. My bleeding ears can only take so much.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4