[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Lee Ji Ah, Eugene, And Kim So Yeon Stun In Impactful “Penthouse” Character Posters

05ec9aa879a64e5eb594901febd0527e.jpeg?s=

Oct 15, 2020
by S. Cho

SBS has released gorgeous “Penthouse” character posters for Lee Ji Ah, Eugene, and Kim So Yeon!

“Penthouse” is about a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, which is the pinnacle of success in her eyes. The drama will also touch on women who have no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves.

Lee Ji Ah’s bright red poster shows both sadness and anger. She plays the role of Shim Soo Ryeon, a graceful, elegant, and dignified woman who has never been poor in her life and is a bona fide penthouse queen. Her poster caption says, “I will never be able to forgive the people who made you like this.”

Eugene plays Oh Yoon Hee, a woman who would do anything for her and her daughter’s success. Her poster, which combines both purple and red light, shares a message to her daughter, reading, “Even if mom has to sell half my heart, I’ll make sure you get to live here.”

Wrapped in dark purple lighting, Kim So Yeon shows off her extravagant accessories, bold red lip, and powerful gaze as Cheon Seo Jin. Cheon Seo Jin is a wealthy, showy, and arrogant woman and the daughter of the Chunga Foundation chairman. Her poster reads, “The world only listens to those who have power.”

Spoiler

Lee-Ji-Ah.jpg

Eugene1.jpeg

Kim-So-Yeon.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1431846wpp/lee-ji-ah-eugene-and-kim-so-yeon-stun-in-impactful-penthouse-character-posters

Character chart

glT1602805716033.png

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/penthouse/curation/66956

• Like 5

'Penthouse' Yoon Jong-hoon,'Return' reunion with Avengers Bong Tae-gyu.

NVNMGMIYLU2B3EMTVKEM36OGTI.jpg

Actor Yoon Jong-hoon and Bong Tae-gyu of'Return' will once again join forces.
Yoon Jong-hoon and Bong Tae-gyu of'Return' will reunite with SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse', which will be broadcast for the first time on the 26th. PD Joo Dong-min, who directed'Return', also grabbed the'Penthouse' megaphone.

In particular,'Penthouse' is a work that attracts anticipation as a come-counter of writer

Kim Soon-ok, who wrote'The Empress's Dignity', which was broadcasted last year, including'The Temptation of Wife' and'Come! Jangbori'.

Following'Return', Yoon Jong-hoon plays the role of a doctor once again, but plays Ha Yun-cheol, a neurosurgery manager dedicated to the VIP of Cheong-A Medical Center, which is completely different from the weak character of the previous work, and united with desire. A man is an ambitious man who must have money and power, and he is a man who has achieved a satisfying life that everyone envy with his ambition. However, at the same time, he is also a person who hides a unique story, and the delicate acting of Yoon Jong-hoon is expected to unfold in the future.

In addition, acting with Bong Tae-gyu, the role of Gyu-jin Lee, who met again following the previous work, is also a part of raising expectations. As such,'Penthouse' is a work that adds the spirit of the two actors and the PD, who have already made a successful case once, and the artist Soon-Ok Kim, a work that can not be overlooked just by meeting them.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/16/52MO233SMWBFC3D6E3G5EDWOMQ/

Byun Woo-min,who appeared in previous author Kim Soon Ok`s 'The Temptation of Wife' makes a special appearance

20201016125919_5f891a97a1af4_1.jpg

Woo-min Byun, a new SBS drama drama'Penthouse', shines in his sticky loyalty with writer Kim Soon-ok and makes a special appearance, exuding a strong presence.

Woo-min Byun played the role of Sang-Heon Cho, the chairman of the charity foundation and a city council member in “Penthouse.” Sang-Heon Cho has a decent business card, “City Councilman” and “Chairman of the Charity Foundation,” but a hard-worker who enjoys secretly intercourse with a famous actress at the Second House. Moreover, he was a vicious person who earned a lot of money for orphans who were powerless and had no parents, although he had a great social desire for honor by winning and winning the business and even re-election of the city council.

In particular, Byun Woo-min confirmed a special appearance with a strong relationship with the artist Soon-ok Kim, “The Temptation of a Wife,” who gained tremendous popularity with an audience rating exceeding 40%. Woo-min Byun, who has shown his own heavy presence in various works with his 34 years of experience since his debut, is going to reunite with the artist Soon-ok Kim and show off his unconventional character, which amplifies the expectation.

In this regard, the first scene in which Byeon Woo-min transformed into Cho Sang-heon wearing a pomade hairstyle with a clear forehead and a neat suit . With a sharp gaze full of ambition, the city councilman's badge on the chest is drawing attention. In addition, Sang-Heon Cho is holding his hands together with a joyful face in front of a large banner, proving his strong force as a successful businessman and city councilman. Curiosity is gathering about what kind of influence and change Jo Sang-heon will bring to the people of Hera Palace.

About the special appearance of ‘Penthouse’, Byun Woo-min said: " It was a short time, but the atmosphere on the site was so good, so I enjoyed the filming.” “It was a meaningful work for me as it could empower the drama with high completion. “Please look forward to the ‘Penthouse’.’

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202010166524I

• Like 4

From the character description, Park Eun Seok plays a totally different character than Logan Lee. Another actor (unknown yet) will play Logan Lee. He is not lead character anymore like how they have announced the first time the character.

His look. And he is a profesor. I bet Park Eun Seok is having fun playing this character.

• Like 4

'Penthouse' Kim Hyun-soo → Jin Ji-hee, focus on 7 people, 7 colors'Pentdoll'

202010171004328010_1.jpg

SBS new drama'Penthouse' Kim Hyun-soo, Jin Ji-hee, Kim Young-dae, Jo Su-min, Han Ji-hyun, Choi Ye-bin, and Lee Tae-bin announced a big success as a'hidden card' that will shake the flow of the play.

Above all, as'Penthouse' contains the topic of education, the tension formed by 7 children in the play is also positioned as an important central axis of the story. In this regard, 7 children including Kim Hyun-soo, Jin Ji-hee, Kim Young-dae, Jo Su-min, Han Ji-hyun, Choi Ye-bin, and Lee Tae-bin, who will amplify the tension with the parent actors such as'Penthouse' Lee Ji-ah-Kim So-yeon, Yujin-Um Ki-jun-Shin Eun-kyung-Bong Tae-gyu, Yoon Jong-hun, and Yoon Ju-hee Role actors are being released and attracting attention.

Kim Hyun-soo is the only daughter of Oh Yoon-hee (Yujin) in the play, has an extraordinary talent for vocal music, and plays the role of Bae Rona, who sings every day with the idea that no one can ignore her if she becomes the best.

Jin Ji-hee is an Ahn-Ha-Moo-in who has no vocal skills and is only greedy, and plays the role of Kang Mari (Shin Eun-kyung)'s only daughter, Yu Jeni, who bursts out envy and jealousy over her superior in all aspects.

Kim Young-dae, who clearly showed off her cool charm in the drama'A Day I Discovered', drew the attention of viewers with her delicate emotional acting in'I'll visit if the weather is good'. In ``Penthouse,'' Kim Young-dae plays the role of Joo Dan-tae (Um Gi-jun) and Shim Su-ryun (Jia Ji-ah)'s twin brother, and the twin brother of Jo Jung-gyeong (Han Ji-hyun).

Jo Su-min appears as Min Seol-ah with a secret story, as a tutor for the rich kids. Ji-Hyun Han is the daughter of Ju Dan-tae and Shim Su-ryun,Joong-gyeong.

In addition, Choi Ye-bin is the daughter of Seo-jin Chun (Kim So-yeon) and Yoon-cheol Ha (Jong-hoon Yoon), and she majors in vocal music at Cheong-A High School, but she plays as Ha Eun-byul, who is always anxious because she cannot satisfy her mother with her ability to stay in the number two. Lastly, Lee Tae-bin is the son of Lee Gyu-jin (Bong Tae-gyu) and Ko Sang-ah (Yoon Joo-hee), and has no talent for vocal music, but raises interest in the role of Lee Min-hyuk, a social emperor who does not know anything about accidents in school.

The production crew said, "Like the parents in the'Penthouse', 7 children will play a part in creating a tight sense of tension with an intense presence."

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202010171004328010

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202010171036330524816_1

Bong Tae-gyu'Penthouse' as Mama Boy lawyer Transformation 180 degrees different from 'Return'

PS20101700070.jpg

Actor Bong Tae-gyu predicts acting transformation into SBS's new Monday-Tuesday drama “Penthouse,” which will be broadcast for the first time on the 26th, and knocks on the door of the home theater.

The drama “Penthouse,” in which PD Joo Dong-min and star writer Kim Soon-ok co-exist, is a meeting between PD Joo Dong-min, who directed the “Return,” and writer Kim Sun-ok of “The Dignity of the Empress”.
Particularly, we are looking forward to seeing what kind of character will be born with the reincarnation of Bong Tae-gyu and Joo Dong-min, who became hot topics by taking the role of Kim Hak-beom, a former villain in ‘Return.’
Penthouse’ is a drama about a story full of shocks and reversals in the “Hera Palace” of Gangnam's high-end residential-commercial apartment complex. Each character is expected to have a desire to live with different secrets and a brutal war.

In the play, Bong Tae-gyu plays the role of Gyu-jin Lee, and is expected to show a character different from Kim Hak-beom of "Return" as a nasty Mama Boy lawyer.

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01213606625933904&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 4

Dear staff and actors who are struggling to make a fun drama # Have a delicious drink and be strong ️‼️

pd coffee also supports actor Kim Hyun-soo and drama <Penthouse> with actor Kim Hye-soo‼️

From filming set? A nursery scene? :o

• Like 4

Park Eun-suk, in SBS drama “Penthouse,” transformed into a physical education teacher Gu Ho-dong of Cheong-A Arts High School equipped with extreme visual shock, and announced the launch of the super-powerful “Dark Horse”.

http://image.xportsnews.com/contents/images/upload/article/2020/1018/1602998061577401.jpg

In the play, Gu Ho-dong is a figure that catches the eye with a shocking visual, including a thin sweating fashion, yellowed teeth, and a dragonfly's glasses that go back to fashion. He is the only teacher who is not afraid of the children of Hera Palace.

Park Eun-suk, who has been engaged in a wide range of activities from theatrical stage to drama appearances, has been making the most radical visual transformation since his debut as ‘Penthouse’ Gu Ho-dong. In particular, Park Eun-suk, who left a strong impression with three-dimensional acting in various genres such as “Swordsman and Woman”, “Voice Season 2,” and “Doctor Prisoner,” is looking forward to how to portray the role of Goo Ho-dong, united with unique charm.

In this regard, the scene where Park Eun-seok first appeared in the role of Guho-dong, where the vintage was flowing all over the body was captured. Guho-dong, who has her long shaggy hair falling under her shoulders, a peculiar mustache, and an orange tie on an old checkered jacket, smiles brightly while wearing large dragonfly glasses. In the play, Ho-dong Gu, the owner of a visual that does not match with the people of Hera Palace, is raising curiosity about what kind of activities he will unfold in'Penthouse'.

Park Eun-seok said, “The character Guho-dong seems to be a character with a bigger mouth than I can swallow. So there is a taste of acting more. I hope I can digest it well until the end,” he said about the role of Guho-dong. Also, “I feel like running a long marathon with my penthouse family. It seems that the quality of the work will reflect the pleasant atmosphere of the site that is considerate of each other well. I always express my gratitude to the director, the writer and all the staff,” he added, adding his affectionate feelings about the ‘penthouse’.

The production crew said, “Park Eun-seok, who has pursued a more radical visual transformation than anyone else, is satisfying expectations with an overwhelming presence in every scene,” and said, “Please watch the “Penthouse” Dark Horse Guho-dong.”

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/295275

I can`t not help but laugh at his visual in the drama. I am curious why he is like that. It looks like he is on disguise. Where does confidence comes from to be such unconventional in that elitist school? He is rich in disguise as a teacher? I hope not and that what he presents is really him.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, larus said:

I can`t not help but laugh at his visual in the drama. I am curious why he is like that. It looks like he is on disguise. Where does confidence comes from to be such unconventional in that elitist school? He is rich in disguise as a teacher? I hope not and that what he presents is really him.

He plays a new character? I was wondering who is the long hair guy in the character chart hahaha. Somehow your description above reminds me of Oh Man Seok's character in What's Up :lol:

On the other hand....Ha Do Kwon's styling reminds me of maestro in Nodame. Hahahaha

0000861037_001_20201012101308753.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

He plays a new character? I was wondering who is the long hair guy in the character chart hahaha. Somehow your description above reminds me of Oh Man Seok's character in What's Up 

Yes, he is playing a new character. At first I thought they gave him the role of Logan Lee but changed his story a little. But I saw at SBS site that there is another character named Logan Lee who is not the profesor in disguise like it was first announced. The actor who played him was not announced. They still kept Logan Lee but they made him a suporting character.

It seems that Park Eun Seok will have a suporting role also but it looks he will have a funny part. I just wanter what is up to Guho-dong (Park Eun seok`s character)  that he is so excentric.

Ha Do Kwon's character has a long, curly hair but he is an artist so it is not unusual to see him like that. I hope we could hear him sing a little in this drama.

• Like 3

Newbie actress Na So Ye BTS with the script

<Penthouse> in the role of "Ju Hye-in"
This is Na So-ye making her debut.
She is filming hard as she is a secret character. Please look forward!

I wonder why Ju Dan Tae and Shim Su Ryun is keeping the other daughter hidden. She is comatose but why hide this fact?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, larus said:

Yes, he is playing a new character. At first I thought they gave him the role of Logan Lee but changed his story a little. But I saw at SBS site that there is another character named Logan Lee who is not the profesor in disguise like it was first announced. The actor who played him was not announced. They still kept Logan Lee but they made him a suporting character.

It seems that Park Eun Seok will have a suporting role also but it looks he will have a funny part. I just wanter what is up to Guho-dong (Park Eun seok`s character)  that he is so excentric.

Is he under disguise or something? Or is he a comic character hmm

14 hours ago, larus said:

Ha Do Kwon's character has a long, curly hair but he is an artist so it is not unusual to see him like that. I hope we could hear him sing a little in this drama.

I think we will hear him sing. The drama is at a penthouse and music school right?

13 hours ago, larus said:

I wonder why Ju Dan Tae and Shim Su Ryun is keeping the other daughter hidden. She is comatose but why hide this fact?

Omo! They hid their daughter?! Whyyyy?!

• Like 2

Penthouse' Kim So-yeon "A villain again after 20 years, a big challenge..Soonok Kim's script is attractive"

F3PVUDPCWSU4UA6FVPPSUGWS7U.jpg

‘Penthouse’ Kim So-yeon has revealed everything about the role of Cheon Seo-jin, who is challenging to transform into acting as a villain again after 20 years.
Kim So-yeon is playing the role of  the wife of Ha Yun-cheol (played by Jong-Hoon Yoon), who holds huge titles such as'Born Gold Spoon','Cheong-A Foundation Real Life' and'Famous Soprano'. It is predicting an explosive presence.

Kim So-yeon decided to appear in the ‘Penthouse’. “I usually thought that I would like to try Kim Soon-ok's work. While looking for an intense character, I read the script of writer Kim Soon-ok, and I felt a really great attraction.”

She said, “Chun Seo-jin is a person who is faithful to emotions from moment to moment. Expresses the good, the bad, and everything right away. She explained what he felt about the role of Cheon Seo-jin, saying, "I have been doing a lot of research while looking in the mirror because I want to convey the expressions well," she explained. In addition, regarding the styling of Cheon Seo-jin, I studied the'Cheon Seo-jin look' so that it could look gorgeous even at a glance to match the word “prima donna. From the color of the costume, the hairstyle and makeup, I chose to look very gorgeous. Also, I want to do it, so I'm styling it to my heart's content.”

In particular, Kim So-yeon talked a lot about the role of Cheon Seo-jin with writer Kim Soon-ok and director Jo Dong-min. I imagined that there weren't many,” he added, adding, “I am acting with the feeling of approaching a character named Cheon Seo-jin one step further while creating a character.”

Moreover, regarding the colaboration with fellow actors, such as Lee Ji-ah, Eugene, Um Ki-jun, Shin Eun-kyung, Bong Tae-gyu, and Yoon Jong-hoon, she said, “I am acting for the first time with them, and everyone is full of charm. When we are acting together, we can see each character in charge, so we can vividly feel how immersed in the role. I am learning a lot from filming.” Finally, Kim So-yeon gave a short but thick expectation point, "If you're curious about your desires!"

The production crew said, “Kim So-yeon is a trustworthy actor who can make anything with “Kim So-yeon”. “There will be a new charm of Kim So-yeon that has not been discovered before.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/10/19/GR4MHMQSROHSAKFTQFZX4GF7MU/

• Like 3

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Is he under disguise or something? Or is he a comic character hmm

I was asking if he is on disguise because he looks funny but he could be an excentric character. :lol:

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Omo! They hid their daughter?! Whyyyy?!

I think she is their daugher (because of her name) and I assume that`s why Shim Su Ryun is seeking revenge. Something happened that made her comatose. I assume their are hiding her or maybe not. But in the character description is not listed as their daugher. They say she is a secret character.

• Like 2

i knew it... Jin Ji Hee will play another bratty/villain role... lol

well, she does have a the face that can play a role like that well...

though, i really also love her role in temperature of language our nineteen...

kind of disappointed that yoo jung woo went from supporting role to guest role(according to mydramalist), i was so excited of their reunion after their last drama....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ada Aloudia Bureros said:

i knew it... Jin Ji Hee will play another bratty/villain role... lol

I don`t think she plays a villain but she is playing a bratty character . Much more interesting character than an exemplary girl. Let see how it will be. If she will have some humor, I am pleased.

6 hours ago, Ada Aloudia Bureros said:

kind of disappointed that yoo jung woo went from supporting role to guest role(according to mydramalist), i was so excited of their reunion after their last drama....

It is still not comfirmed that Yoo Jung Woo will appear in this drama. But maybe he will play a character from the past (in flashbacks).

• Like 4

I am definitely watching! I love dramas centered around ambitious, morally grey/evil female leads. It's rare to see an evil/morally grey female lead. Once I heard Shin Eun-Kyung and Eugene were in this drama, I knew I had to watch. I'm excited! :elated:

There are so many veteran actors that I recognize from both weekend and daily dramas! Would've loved to see Jang Seo-hee in this drama, I haven't seen her in a drama since 2017.

• Like 3