[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Mari was the MVP for episode 4! When she found out Jenny got bullied and went on her rampage, I was cheering and yelling at my laptop screen. “Kang Mari! Kang Mari!”

I hope Mari and Yoon-Hee team up soon.

Rona has matured plenty since we last saw her, but she’s still very naive. She needs to put her guard up. Here’s to hoping the actress leaves the show because of you-know-what going on.

So Mari and Dan-Tae have a secret. I’m curious to know what it is.

Kyu-Jin and his family, although they’re funny, they’re terrible people. Min-Hyuk is a horrible person.

Seok-Kyung is psycho and just deserves punishment. She’s the real villain and the person you should hate the most out of all the kids.

I don’t ship Seok-Hun and Rona. Don’t care about the former at all. Eun-Byul has lost it. 

Yoon-Hee is more cold hearted this season and a lot more smarter. Bringing in the Office of Education?? The old Yoon-Hee would’ve never done that. She’s not scared of anything or anyone anymore. 

Yoon-Chul is pretty smart, using Seojin’s feelings for him against her. I just knew that the kiss was planned. It was also so rough and almost forced. Made me feel uncomfortable. But it caused a spilt in the tyrants’ relationship. Dan-Tae will have Seojin no matter what and is becoming obsessed with her. Creepy. 

I’m excited for next week. Rona will fall down the stairs, I’m totally sure.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

The immense hate her character gets. It’s rumored that she (Kim Hyunsoo) might leave the show, and that may be a reason why.

I hope she doesn't leave. People are weird they praise eunbyeol and seokyung but hate on Rona.

• Like 4

Ah, I see others think Seok Gyung will die as well! Cool. 

actually, I never noticed Dantae running, ever. But if he did, then, waiting for SG to go. And I’m kind of sad about that. I feel like she was redeemable, even if she is horrible right now. (By the way, I don’t feel like that about EB, something about EB just gives me serial killer vibes.) She is basically an abused girl taking out her abuse on others, not that that is okay. If SR had gotten her away from DT and into therapy, she might have turned around, made amends.  But anyway, right now, she’s an evil nutcase, but one who is fun to watch when against EB and SJ.

I do have one big problem: why the sexism? Minhyuk sucks and is horribly and sociopathically entitled, so why can’t he die?

3 hours ago, Songbae said:

I hope she doesn't leave. People are weird they praise eunbyeol and seokyung but hate on Rona.

They hate on RoNa because the girl is stupid! She spouts off, but she doesn’t plan or do anything to actually prevent the bullies from tricking her. She is tedious that way. This whole episode 4, she could have worn a darned body cam or made sure to sit quietly in a corner somewhere away from people, and again, asked to see CCTV! And she herself should know about the ministry of education and school violence reports, everyone does. And don’t just be focused on your stupid singing, be prepared to play dirty and get videos and record people and spy and blackmail back! That’s what any smart heroine would do. RoNa just puts herself out to be attacked and then yells and wonders why no one is listening.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:04 AM, chococarmela said:

A child is a pest because her mom is doing a revenge plan that may get her killed? Ouch, that is so harsh, man. Lol. 

I think as long as she stays outta her mom’s business, I think we won’t be so irritated by her. I mean, how realistic would it be to leave your daughter in a different country for yearsssss for revenge on your high school rival??

But maybe if she became evil she wouldn’t be so hated. Hmm...

OMG, this show is meant to be a batshit crazy fun time, not the RoNa defense team. Yes, RoNa is ruining it with lame hysterics and stupidities. And I hope she doesn’t become evil because she’d be a RickRoll'D pest then too.

• Like 3

Season 2 got a one episode extension. The new total episodes is now 13 episodes, instead of 12.  

33 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Ah, I see others think Seok Gyung will die as well! Cool. 

I don't think she's going to die. If she is the one that falls on the stairway then I think she'll just get badly injured that she needs to stay in a hospital for a long time.

There is a scene that was in the Penthouse teaser where CSJ placed a memory card in her mouth. Was that from the cell phone that had the video of her running away instead of saving her father?  Possibly. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

They hate on RoNa because the girl is stupid! She spouts off, but she doesn’t plan or do anything to actually prevent the bullies from tricking her. She is tedious that way. This whole episode 4, she could have worn a darned body cam or made sure to sit quietly in a corner somewhere away from people, and again, asked to see CCTV! And she herself should know about the ministry of education and school violence reports, everyone does. And don’t just be focused on your stupid singing, be prepared to play dirty and get videos and record people and spy and blackmail back! That’s what any smart heroine would do. RoNa just puts herself out to be attacked and then yells and wonders why no one is listening.

I don't think that Rona is stupid. Yes she is annoying but she is innocent. She doesn't play dirty to get want she want. She is a goody two shoes. Yes she is selfish sometimes. I can't imagine liking bullies over a character like Rona.

• Like 4

Its nice to finally see Seok Kyung get a taste of reality and that she can't get away with everything. Seriously that girl is psycho.  She is playing with fire dealing with CSJ and blackmailing her.

Even if ROna had proof of bullying, CSJ and her team would find a way to get rid of the proof and bribe and pay ppl off. SMH

• Like 5

7 hours ago, chococarmela said:

The immense hate her character gets. It’s rumored that she (Kim Hyunsoo) might leave the show, and that may be a reason why.

On her ig, one of her crew members commented that it's a shame that they are not able to work in S2. I think that's where the rumour started.

spacer.png

It's in Korean, basically they were saying that they are not able to work in S2.

However, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it was the crew member who wasn't in S2.

• Thanks 2

Ngl, I had a soft spot for Seokkyung in season 1, but she's doing a really good job making sure that doesn't happen this season, lmao. That trio disgusts me so much, constantly victimizing themselves and acting like they're untouchable. I hope they all turn against each other and face real life consequences. 

Rona should've stayed thriving in the US :bawling: I hope she has something planned, because why else would you voluntarily go back to that hellhole.

Kim Soyeon's acting makes me want to empathize with her so bad, she's such a great actress.

• Like 4

Ha Yoon Chul is really doing great as Yoon Hee’s husband which makes me wonder why he sucked so much as Seo Jin’s husband. Is it because he wasn’t really in love with her so he put in no effort (minus her cheating? Also I think the reason Yoon Hee is putting boundaries between them is because she killed Seola and will turn herself in after her revenge so she doesn’t want to give him hope. Kang Mari was so cool this episode and I loved her confrontation with Joo Dante. Her expression after he said you must be out of your mind was gold.

• Like 8

I don't have the frustration with Ro Na being reckless, BUT here in my country most of the viewers think SK is a poor baby girl and she should have redemption because she's so...pretty, some even hate Ro Na because the pretty SK hates her too. God, it's just... I've no words to describe.

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1

36 minutes ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

Ha Yoon Chul is really doing great as Yoon Hee’s husband which makes me wonder why he sucked so much as Seo Jin’s husband. Is it because he wasn’t really in love with her so he put in no effort (minus her cheating? Also I think the reason Yoon Hee is putting boundaries between them is because she killed Seola and will turn herself in after her revenge so she doesn’t want to give him hope. Kang Mari was so cool this episode and I loved her confrontation with Joo Dante. Her expression after he said you must be out of your mind was gold.

As if he is innocent and has nothing to do with this case.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LightFurie111 said:

I don't have the frustration with Ro Na being reckless, BUT here in my country most of the viewers think SK is a poor baby girl and she should have redemption because she's so...pretty, some even hate Ro Na because the pretty SK hates her too. God, it's just... I've no words to describe.

Same here, my country viewers really thought Dr Ha was the one who killed Min Seol Ah. They gave me the secondhand embarrassment just by looking at their theories. They also attacked me for praising Bae Ro Na and disliking their Seok Kyung. There are many Seok Kyung stans here. I literally can’t with my own people T-T

I can’t even share my opinions anymore coz I’m scared of them!! I just stop posting there.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I mean I personally found Rona damn annoying in season 1 but she seems to have grown up and matured in season 2. What I do find annoying still is that she won't COMMUNICATE with her mother and can potentially mess up her mother's plans. Like, GURL yall are on the same side. Act like it and work out the issues in therapy. It sucks when even the deranged duo of Seok Kyung and Eun Byeol have better team work lol  

At the same time, Rona can't get past what her mother did-which fair enough. Dark and messed up and I think YH understands that as well. At the end of the day, she did kill someone. I just feel they should get rid of all the evil people and THEN, fight among themselves. But eh, real life is rarely that neat. 

Ironically, Logan Lee and SR WERE able to put aside their respective anger with each other over Seol A and work together. Which again just makes them superior players imo. Yoon Chul and YH have leveled up but Logan and SR are on another level. And I'm kind of missing this element in the drama so far as much as I have been enjoying it. 

Despite YH getting smarter and more composed, she still gives off vibes of middleclass girl swept up in this endless mess of penthouse intrigue, backstabbing, disgusting opulence and malice.  Like SR/Logan's ruthlessness were closely matched with SJ/Dantae. It reminds me of that Lorde Song White Teeth Things " the way they are, the way they seem, it's something in the blood".

I do think that Seo Kyung's death/injury will bring Lee Ji Ah back in the fold and she will team up with Logan Lee.  Also, Rona/Seok Hoon's scene was cute but I really could care less if they don't end up together. 

• Like 5

Hi I’m new in this forum. I just finished Penthouse 1 few weeks ago, and now watching the ongoing  season 2, which led me to this forum while waiting for next episode.

Its been interesting catching up with many views but one thing that keep bugging me since season 1 is in between her drunken state memory YH believe she was the one who pushed MSA to her death. Do they have any other solid evidence that shows YH pushed the girl beside her own confession, which based on her mess up memory? As I recalled in earlier episode whenever she was drunk she had this delusional memory of doing things she didn’t actually do, like the one she imagined pushing MSA off the stairs, but as she sober up she realised she was just crouching somewhere in the corner. It just doesn’t fit the picture. If a strong, sober man like JDT, with murderous intention had difficulties pushing MSA off the balcony, can a drunken woman who can’t even stand straight pick up a sober girl her size & throw her off the balcony? MSA could still fight the strong JDT but she can’t push away a totally wasted ahjuma? So, no I don’t believe OYH killed MSA & I still believe the culprit who killed her is still on the loose. 

Also tho I know Dr Ha isn’t the best guy around but I still hope he would truly fall hard for YH. And guess what would be even epic? That he is Bae Ro Na biological father. Serve the evil mother daughter duo, SJ & EB, right!

• Like 7