[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

“Penthouse” Actress Eugene Reveals She Wasn’t Informed Beforehand That She Would Be “Min Seol Ah’s Killer”

On a radio show appearance dated February 18, 2021, Eugene shared that she was just as taken aback as everyone else. Both the radio show MCs as well as the public had expected Oh Yoon Hee’s character to be the “normal” and “good” one, compared to the crazy drama in Hera Palace.

Later on, she was revealed to be Min Seol Ah’s killer, shocking audiences. Eugene revealed, “To be honest, my character is one that shows lots of extreme changes due to the hardships she experienced in life. However, I totally did not know that my character would be the murderer when I signed up for the drama. When I read the script later on, I was surprised that I was the culprit.”

MC Shin Bong Sun asked the question that we all were wondering, “Did the writer change the script halfway through?” Eugene answered that it was not true at all, as the drama was completely pre-produced. However, she emphathized with the audience, claiming that she felt betrayal at the big reveal too.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/penthouse-eugene-killer-culprit-script/

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I think this season Yoon Hee has wisen up a lot, based on the trailer and teasers I've seen.

I hope the year or two managed that for her, but her meeting with patricidal diva and declaring she's different from before is not something she should be doing right at the start of her revenge plan.

But I'd like to know how you assessed that she's become wiser in this season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aolian said:

But I'd like to know how you assessed that she's become wiser in this season.

For one, this woman has been through A LOT. There’s no way she wouldn’t change after this, even in daily dramas the male/female lead changes after all they’ve been through. 
Secondly, I’m assuming that she was saved and started planning her revenge (I still think she’s a villain... you don’t magically become good after killing a child, lol) after she got patched up. Walking up to the evil queen and declaring you’ve changed is a challenge, not a dumb move. She’s grown a huge backbone over the time-skip. 
In my opinion, I think there’s even more to come this season. We don’t know everything yet.

2 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

He was such a pushover last season letting her push him around and slap him Lol.  Pathetic.

Well he WAS in an abusive relationship. Let’s not blame him for that.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks it’s Eun byeol rather that fell down the stairs? It looks like Rona but the necklace Eun byeol was wearing is similar to the one the girl lying on the floor is wearing rather than Rona’s. They might have argued and that’s how her hair came untied. I don’t want Rona to die too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

They might have argued and that’s how her hair came untied. I don’t want Rona to die too

I thought everyone collectively hated Rona though?? She’s always getting attacked, lol. I like her, but I do not want her to die either. But it looks like it’ll happen, sadly.

• Like 1

eea670a326044f65a25a95d4be433dc58f6f877e

The woman in the middle with the child is suppose to be Shim Su Ryeon, the woman on the right is Oh Yoon Hee, and the woman on the left is Cheon Seo-Jin. Look how they didn't add Lee Ji Ah's name to the intro credits but you can see Eugene 's name on the right and Kim So Yeon's name on the left. Will they have "Lee Ji Ah" later on in the season? Probably.      

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chococarmela said:

For one, this woman has been through A LOT. There’s no way she wouldn’t change after this, even in daily dramas the male/female lead changes after all they’ve been through. 

Idk, in The Last Empress (another drama written by the same writer), the emperor changed at the end, mybe YH will ended up dying?

9 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

Bae Ro Na needs to start slapping ppl .

I think she will. If she doesn't die.

2 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

But if it's Rona, then itd be YH karma for her daughter to get hurt. Since she killed MSA

Agreed. Personally I think it's Rona because you can see she was wearing two rings when she was singing.

2 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I thought everyone collectively hated Rona though?? She’s always getting attacked, lol. I like her, but I do not want her to die either. But it looks like it’ll happen, sadly.

Yeah, agreed, Although Rona doesn't deserve to die, it'll be karma to OYH. (Unless she wasn't the killer) 

I don't hate Rona, I just can't stand her constant screaming. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

44 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Idk, in The Last Empress (another drama written by the same writer), the emperor changed at the end, mybe YH will ended up dying?

I could see this happening. By the final episode of Season 3, we see a similar scene to the end of season 1 but it's Shim Su Ryeon that is holding the body of Oh Yoon Hee. Assuming the big reveal of Season 2 is that Shim Su Ryeon is alive. 

Good gawd, we won't see the finale until at least July. Now, I'm hearing that Season 3 will be one episode per week. 

• Like 2

I still think it's gonna be Ro Na. Eun Byeol's necklace was sapphires and diamonds while the one on the fallen girl was plain and had a weighty thing towards the end (Ro Na's necklace was also plain and had a pendant). It would make sense though, her mom took away a child's life so she has to "pay" for her mothers sins. We see the sins of the parents reflect on the kids in dramas all the time.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Possibly. I hope not, though. I still need to see the evil YH in action.

12 minutes ago, Secretz said:

Although Rona doesn't deserve to die, it'll be karma to OYH. (Unless she wasn't the killer) 

I don't hate Rona, I just can't stand her constant screaming. 

OYH is the killer. That's pretty much final. And I hate Rona's screaming too.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

19 hours ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

Looks like CSJ ex husband has grown balls this season. He was such a pushover last season letting her push him around and slap him Lol.  Pathetic.

Bae Ro Na needs to start slapping ppl . I don't know who Seok Kyung thinks she is to always bully ppl. I hate her. 

Same with Eun Byul.  I don't care how traumatized she is, she is a horrid child, and needs to be slapped back when she bullies Rona.

All that said, we will probably just get a lot of wailing and screaming from Rona, though.  So, I'm okay with her getting killed off.

• Like 3

they are the all worst parents ever, yet they have money and live in nice apartments.
So Eun-Byeol now has two step sisters and a step brother thanks to the remarriages of each of her parents, but besides she hates them all !! What an atmosphere,
Poor Rona it was really hell but really hell, the writers really managed to show what happens when you have a parent accused of crime; fortunately his mother came back stronger

Seo jin and DanTae already have sex outside of their union each:joy:, Yoon chul is a profiteer, I was also amazed:joy:
I think Yoon chul &Yoon's marriage is true, but it's probably for revenge too,;)

Who will die between Rona and Eun Byeol? because it seems that the girl who falls from the stairs, really dies with the wound on her head, i bet it's Byeol who dies, despite the talent of the actress, there are Rona and Seok Hoon shippers

Otherwise I would have liked to see a romance between Eun Byeol and Seok-hoon, i probably the only one who want to see this:fullofhearts:, after all the adults exchange between them, so I would have liked to see the two young together, but it will not happen as one is crazy and probably soon dies, and the other is in love with another

• Like 2

I'm still worried that it was Rona who fell. Although there's a possibility that it's EB, I think Rona is more likely. If it turns out to be her, I hope she doesn' die.

CSJ is with JDT, HYC is with OYH, but LL is not with SSR :bawling:

58 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

So Eun-Byeol now has two step sisters and a step brother thanks to the remarriages of each of her parents, but besides she hates them all !!

Lol, they had to make all the main characters somehow related, or else it wouldn't be called a makjang drama. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST - Season 2 is airing NOW!

So the show started off with a bang lol I CACKLED at that wedding scene. It was hysterial and I loved how over the top it was. 

SJ has an affair with Yoon Chul but then marries Dantae. And now Yoon Yoon are supposedly married? I feel that the couples will swap partners sometime during the series lol. SJ will slowly become disillusioned with Dantae(more than she already has LOL- already having affairs before going down the altar). As much as he helps soothe her ego, his true cold and psychotic personality will slowly come out lol 

SJ seems to have an obsession with whatever her rivals have. She wanted to tear down SR so she aimed for the Penthouse and Dantae. Now that she has that, she sees the apparently sincere happy feelings of Yoon Yoon and now she wants Yoon Chul back LOL

Seok Hoon still likes Rona and clearly believes that his father is behind the death of SR. 

Feels like the twins have a rift between them. And I like how Seo Kyung's character feels more fleshed out. She clearly misses her mother.  Weirdly, I can buy that Seo Kyung dies. Her arc seems alot more fragile compared to Eun Byeol's insanity and Rona's forever fight against elitism and common sense(seriously, this mother and daughter better wise up- they have ZERO strategy and seem to think they can scream their way to a solution)

Quite sad that Ji Ah didn't appear and not enough Logan Lee! 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, sasha1818 said:

Seok Hoon still likes Rona and clearly believes that his father is behind the death of SR. 

I clearly want Seok Heon with Byeol, they will form an unlikely and cute couple, :omg:i want them for third season if Byeol doesn't die before

• Like 3
  • Unamused 1

1 hour ago, sasha1818 said:

I am waiting for the moment where they actually communicate. He wants her in his life, (maybe go as far as needs? He never looks happy - not even with his parents, except with her) whereas she just strolls on with her mom giving zero damn about her surrounding. I love that strength of hers. I hope with this, the miscommunication problem of mother-daughter pair is solved. 

I hope he has enough evidence to back up his (right) claim and put the criminal where he belongs - behind bars for his life, all his assets frozen. 

On a different note, I wonder how she likes the idea of her mom marrying Dr. Ha, will she accept him since there was that episode with the affair going on? Or will the Yun2-Couple actually communicate with her so that she can accept their decision? How will she get back to school?

26 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

How did Oh Yoon Hee get out of prison? All the evidence pointed to her. I still think she should pay for killing Seol Ah. But at the same time I feel bad for her. I am so conflicted when it comes to YH.

The housekeeper's suicide letter -> psycho is the killer (which was the truth) -> psycho deflects blame to the dead housekeeper -> backstabby dumbhead automatically falls out of blame, gets free.

• Like 3