[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

Thanks @Jillia I don't know how to add TWEETS here 

Thanks for sharing the tweets:

Park Eun Seok as Logan Lee got an award--saw the tweet.

Yeah! The Actress as Jenny's mom (I think already mentioned)

Though it is a wild ride, I agree the acting is pretty good.

I am loving this drama as it is my one that is OVER the top but you cannot stop watching it.

• Like 2

2020 SBS Drama Awards

1f9508268c0641a8b37cb64ac0bdfa0f.jpeg?s=

Top Excellence in Mid-length/Long drama (Actor): Uhm Ki-hoon (The Penthouse)

Top Excellence in Mid-length/Long drama (Actress): Kim So-yeon, Lee Ji-ah and Eugene (The Penthouse)

Excellence in Mid-length/Long drama (Actor): Bong Tae-gyu and Yoon Jong-hoon (The Penthouse)

Excellence in Mid-length/Long drama (Actress): Shin Eun-kyung (The Penthouse)

Supporting Award (Actor): Park Eun-seok (The Penthouse)

Child Actor Award: Kim Hyun-soo (The Penthouse)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446321wpp/winners-of-2020-sbs-drama-awards

Congratulations to all the winners! 

• Like 4

Technically YH could have blamed JDT for killing MSA.  she could have thrown the necklace away and washed her black blazer.  If she is a villain why didnt they make her as devious and crafty as the other evil ppl? She has always been impulsive and rash.  She even thought of killing MSA before by imagining pushing her down stairs. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

Technically YH could have blamed JDT for killing MSA.  she could have thrown the necklace away and washed her black blazer.  If she is a villain why didnt they make her as devious and crafty as the other evil ppl? She has always been impulsive and rash.  She even thought of killing MSA before by imagining pushing her down stairs. 

This is so true. But I feel like by season 2, she'll have wisened up a bit. I hope so.

• Like 1

I very much enjoyed seeing Seo-Jin and Dan-Te getting dragged away by law enforcement. It was incredibly satisfying to see smart people doing things the right way and getting the job done. (I realize that realistically, Seo-Jin and Dan-Te won't stay in jail for long, if at all, because Season 2 and 3 awaits.)

That is what Yun-Hui is completely incapable of. It's true that she is a victim of unfairness, and she has the right to fight back. But she's so ineffective and dumb about it, it's hard to support her.

For example, in Ep. 1, Je-Ni falsely accused Ro-Na of poisoning her. And this was BEFORE Yun-Hui reencountered Seo-Jin. People have been targeting Ro-Na already because they are jealous of her talent. But instead of being smart about this, Yun-Hui's reaction is to kick the middle school principal in his face and knocking his teeth out. Again, the anger is justified, but that's just a dumb thing to do.

More unfairness -

(1) Seo-Jin messed with Ro-Na's admission to Cheong-Ah by sabotaging her with Teacher Du-Gi.

(2) She also messed with Ro-Na's audition scores.

(3) Later, she even caused a CAR ACCIDENT so steal Ro-Na's solo. And for that one, Su-Ryeon even helpfully advised her - look into that car accident, it doesn't seem like a random accident! But did Yun-Hui do that? No.

So it's unfair that Ro-Na was waitlisted at Cheong-Ah, but the right answer is to try and hold Seo-Jin accountable for her corruption. Murdering Seol-Ah was - aside from being immoral and a crime - just stupid. It may get Ro-Na into the school, but it doesn't solve how people who are corrupt and powerful are working against Ro-Na every step of the way. If she wants to do her best for her child, then she has got to just stop being so stupid and naive. She's experienced all this in high school, she should have learned something.

I do realize that Yun-Hui didn't have a lot of financial resources or power, so there was only so much she could do. But it's not like she even tried to think about how to deal with it in a level-headed way. Instead she kicks the principal in his face? Or killing Seol-Ah? All just really boneheaded decisions.

And when Yun-Hui finally used her brain, she finally landed one genuine blow on Seo-Jin. And we know is that Seo-Jin is not invincible. She's pretty powerful and rich, but if the public finds out what a corrupt, trash person she is, she is totally vulnerable and so is her whole family.

--

Also, I was previously about 75% sure that Yun-Hui killed Seol-Ah, but now I'm much less sure.

Su-Ryeon's conclusion that Yun-Hui is the killer is based almost completely on Yun-Hui's guilty behavior AFTER she "remembered" killing Seol-Ah.

Seol-Ah had Yun-Hui's DNA underneath her fingernails. That is the ONLY physical evidence that Su-Ryeon has.

Su-Ryeon mentioned Yun-Hui's wound on her hand as the source of that DNA. But that wound was actually from Yun-Hui raging in Seo-Jin's office and breaking stuff.

So I think it's a feint that Yun-Hui believes she killed Seol-Ah. It's going to color her behavior from now on, but I think that it will be revealed that someone else killed her - but only after Yun-Hui has crossed over to the Dark Side, to the point of no return or something. (E.g., Dan-Te and Yun-Hui will get married, effectively making Ro-Na and Seok-Hun step-siblings and unable to date each other. :lol:)

--

Final comment is that for the "punishment," Logan Lee setup a DJ booth. And blew up a mannequin. :lol: You can have a Penthouse episode without something absolutely bonkers happening!

--

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

new year vintage GIF

• Like 4

There's two more episodes left to this season, and I think a lot of things won't get resolved. I don't think SSR or Logan Lee sent that video of Seo-Jin pushing her father down the stairs and I don't think they'll reveal who sent the video. I don't think they'll reveal who the woman with the butterfly tattoo is. Who is the twin's mother? I believe they want to reveal it at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if she was still alive.

• Like 1

I watch the drama award show and there seem to be some Frost between the three leading ladies particularly during the acceptance speech. My Eugene appeared to be wayyyy too apologetic concerning her acting during her acceptance speech. I hope I am over analyzing the situation, but I read body language fairly accurately most times. 

• Like 1

Hm i am not sure. I agree it was a little awkward and felt kinda cold.

It didn't feel like they were celebrating together. But they were also supposed to keep physical distance from each other. It's not like it was a surprise so that they would get overwhelmed by spontaneous joy and they could hugh each other. And you could sense that they were all super nervous. And i feel like they also tried to stay composed and 'elegant'? Even the dress choices were in line with their drama characters.

As for Eugene.. she has gotten a lot of malicious comments in the last few months. Usually not saying that she is bad but that she gets undeserved praise. So when the cast gets praise for their performances they would pick out Eugene and ask why she is mentioned as well. And the whole ex idol stigma. And now she is in the siutation where she literally stands next to them and shares an award with them where people could ask again why she is included.

That probably affected her. And maybe the constant comparison affected the relationship between the three actresses as well. It does feel different to their appearance on Running Man together.

Oh and they could have given them the award like they did with Oh Jung-se but they introduced it like they were going up against each other. Also kinda weird.

I personally was really impressed by Eugene performance last week. I think korean audiences as well. Not sure when the award show was taped.

Anyway you might be right but i want to see them in a more natural enviroment before i further judge.

I was happy to see Kim Soyeon on the top of this brand reputation index (for whatever that's worth..) But who would have guessed that one year ago? I am repeating myself but as fans we can be super happy how this turned out. 

edit: Oh lol i thought this is the ksy fan thread haha :D 

To get a little ontopic.

Can we do a Poll: Do you think Yoon-Hee is the killer?

That would be interesting imo.

• Like 2

well said Fabbo...probably they were just nervous...but for sure they're supporting each other as as a team probably it all depends on how we see it but with LJA and KSY I feel that they are also very supportive of Eugene and vice versa...all 3 of them did a great job and the rest of the casts as well...goodluck in season 2 & 3 ...still puzzled who killed MSA? for KSY a villain role gave her so much recognitions that she deserved congrats.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fabbo said:

To get a little ontopic.

Can we do a Poll: Do you think Yoon-Hee is the killer?

That would be interesting imo.

Yes, but even if she didn't. She still betrayed SSR. BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if the final episode shows Hera Palace burning down in flames. 

Deleted/unbroadcasted scenes from Ep 15-18

Deleted/unbroadcasted scene from Ep 18 (starts at 10:19 of the video above)

I think this scene is pretty important, wonder why they deleted it. Can see from Seok-kyung's teary eyes that she longs for maternal love and wants to be protected by Soo-ryeon. I think she likes Soo-ryeon as her mother. Translations below.

Soo-ryeon: Are you guys ok? Nothing happened right? Your dad didn't do anything to you guys right?

Seok-kyung: You are still acting at a time like this? If you are really worried about us, why did you run away from home? You left us and ran away yourself (to survive)!

Soo-ryeon: I should have discussed with you both in advance, I'm sorry, I haven't resolve the issue with your dad yet, things happened too quickly. I didn't run away by leaving you both behind. 

Seok-hoon: Has dad been hitting/abusing you all this time? Just like he has been hitting/abusing us? Is that why you are getting a divorce from dad?

Soo-ryeon: The issue is more complicated than that. I can't tell you both right now. No matter what happens in the future, the fact that I'm your mother will not change. I promise.

Seok-kyung: How can you still call yourself our mother?/What qualification do you have to say the word 'mother'?

You're even less than an outsider! This family...I hate it!

Seok-hoon: I don't know what you are trying to do, but right now I'll protect Seok-kyung like before. So mother, you look after yourself and watch out for dad.

Soo-ryeon: I'll live as Seol-ah's mother now, because she never had a mother. When this is all over, I'll be your mother again (Seok-hoon & Seok-kyung).

Bonus: Lee Ji-ah's makeup artist doing a tutorial on Shim Soo-ryeon's makeup (she invited Lee Ji-ah) because she got so many requests

Kim So-yeon will guest in the show Hang out with Yoo/ How do you play?, the episode will be broadcasted on 9th January 2021.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202101041536479055

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Secretz said:

OK, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON RN, JUST SAW THE PREVIEW BEFORE WATCHING THE EPSIODE AND:

Hide contents

SSR died.

Like, I know right? Please tell me it's Queen Su Ryeon power-playing even Backstabby B! 

Spoiler

I mean, Ji-A even stars in S2! Like, she can't die!

• Like 3