[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

1 hour ago, Fabbo said:

Maybe YH is only faking it and there will be a twist with a secret SR + YH plan. But even then it's much more interesting that she gets her hands dirty.

I'm not against YH turning evil, but if it involves getting romantic with JUDANTE! - that's a whole lot of yuck we have to see, and I object to that. :lol:

JUDANTE! needs to burn.

Seo-Jin is already in a hell of her own making, and she's bringing her daughter along with her.

The rest are pretty terrible, but they're mostly just sheep with no minds of their own, so once JUDANTE! is gone, they won't know what to do with themselves.

Oh, I also LOVE Teacher Ma Du-Gi. (His name is DU-GI? Seriously?) He is so funny. (Oh, and he's also a SNU grad with vocal major in real life, so I need him to sing for real. No lip-synching.)

• LOL 2

The way y'all treat OYH is confusing to me. First, you don't like her because she's a "dumb idiot" and added nothing to the plot. Now that she is a part of the plot, you're still bashing her... I get that we don't like her, but I'm gonna have to be a devil's advocate here.

Yun-Hee was always a villain and I'm surprised that you guys never saw it earlier. I did, and her ex-husband's death makes me even more suspicious of her. I think she has an even darker part to her than we (and the other characters) actually know.

From the day that Seo-Jin slit her throat, and got away with it, that turned her into a vengeful and greedy woman. This also marks one of the first betrayals in her life, which hurt her deeply. And then that betrayal happened again- twice- with Yun-Chul abandoning her for Seo-Jin and her ex-husband cheating on her and then dying (after falling over a railing, drunk... or so we think.) All she had was Ro-Na, her daughter. Had it not been for her, I think she would've gone insane or even died. Finally, when she thought she'd get everything in life after moving into Hera Palace, thanks to her "sister", it turned out that her "sister" (Soo-Ryun) was lying to her, manipulating her, and using her. The pain she felt from her past betrayals stung. At this point, with her realizing that she was also Min Seol-Ah's killer, she decided to abandon her morals and humanity to get what she wanted- using her daughter as an excuse... power. 

Looking at it from a moral view, she has every right and reason to become even more of a villain than she already has, and completely twisted. I like Yun-Hee and it's ok if you don't. I just want you to understand her better and to not jump at her every time she breathes.

But I did cringe when she made out with Dan-Tae. Because eww. He's practically a sociopath. 

And that ending? It was truly satisfying. I laughed like a maniac as I watched it. Soo-Ryun isn't all that nice, either, y'all. But the Hera Club absolutely had it coming and they deserved it.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Fabbo said:

Maybe YH is only faking it and there will be a twist with a secret SR + YH plan. But even then it's much more interesting that she gets her hands dirty.

This better be true, at this point, Idc if YH is actually the killer or not, her actions is just disgusting.

My thoughts on ep 18:

Seems like BRN is the only one who gets to meet Grace Jo. LOL, and the fact that the mother and daughter are the only ones who got the correct location. :joy: And I love how Rona praises her mother everytime she's rewarded but whines everytimes she's facing difficulties. Seems like the cocktails were drugged as well as the people who watches the security cameras. The fact that the kids and the parents were panicking was priceless. Unfortunately, they won't die so soon. It was a bold move if it was just to scare them but either way, we know they won't die.

And YH, THE AUDACITY! The scenes of her seducing DT were disgusting. And Idk how it this for your daughter because I only see how harmful this will be to her daughter in a long run. BRN made a scene because she invited HYC to sleep over so this, DISGUSTING. Plus, YH's husband had a side chick as well and that made her life harder, so she's going against her own morals.

Tbh, I seriously don't get why would she want to be the lady of the penthouse and only reason I could think of is to beat SJ but tbh, helping SSR is enough. Where is the greed coming from? It's not like she doesn't know how psychopathic DT was, and how he treated her (compared to SR who helped her). She won't have a good life in the penthouse. And how would BRN react? We saw her wearing a wig so will she bleach her hair for real this time?

I feel like the way she turned evil is kinda forced. The fact that she thinks it's fair for her do that because SSR used her. I just wanted to say that she forgot that she gained A TON of benefits from her. She made it seemed like SSR didn't help her in the first place. OMG, the audacity. At least SSR will find out in the next episode. 

Even I disagree with some of YH's actions in the first few episodes, I was rooting for her. Idk, I wanted to see some good side characters in the drama.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I FINALLY CAUGHT EP 18!!! Ok firstly.. I'M DISGUSTED BY YOONHEE. Not because of her betrayal BUT the fact she seduced DT just to get what she wanted. LIKE????? no different from SJ aT ALL! UGH if Rona finds out that her mom and Seokhoon's dad are having some fling SHE'D BE HORRIFIED. and this time, their mother-daughter r/s would most likely break till the point of no return ew. 

Anyway, the only person i'm truly rooting for now is Suryeon. Like I JUST HOPE NO ONE TOUCHES HER AND SHE'LL WIN THIS ENTIRE FIGHT. And looking at the preview, looks like she will find out Yoonhee's true motives alr. Whew, I was kinda worried the writers would drag it out and make Suryeon still trust her. 

GAD THE LAST PART OF THE EP WAS SOOOOOO SATISFYING. Seeing the kids and the adults being locked LIKE THEY GOT WHAT THEY DESERVED. Also, from the flashbacks with the kids and MSA, it looked to me that Seokhoon was the only person who isn't as evil as the other kids. We see him wanting to open the door to let MSA out but then the other kids asked him to quickly run away which is why he left.

Not to mention, the scene where he confronted DT!! THAT IS DEVELOPMENT RIGHT THERE. I believe this is only the beginning, he'll start to challenge DT more and more from now! SO SEOKHOON DOES HAVE HOPE STILL. A hope of having a redemption arc (hopefully by season 2 he'll change and make up for his mistakes)!!! 

I legit had goosebumps watching the scene where the kids were breaking down seeing their parents locked up. Hope it got into their brain that whatever they did to MSA, their parents are taking the punishment for it. Hopefully it'll wake them up. 

Alright, brb tomorrow! :)

2 hours ago, Secretz said:

The fact that she thinks it's fair for her do that because SSR used her. I just wanted to say that she forgot that she gained A TON of benefits from her. She made it seemed like SSR didn't help her in the first place.

AGREED! Like just because SR "used her"? LIKE BISH PLS, SHE HELPED YOU MORE THAN SHE USED YOU. AND YOU GAINED A LOT FROM IT. Gosh, YH has officially joined my list of "annoying characters in the Penthouse". 

• Like 4

I think SR 's so called 'using' YH made YH turn evil is just an excuse on YH's part.  YH killed SA so that her daughter could take over SA's place in the school.  The fact that SR told YH that she is ML's mother and will take revenge on all the Hera villans made YH go on the offensive.  Rather than waiting for SR to realise her involvement.  She had already lost her morals when she killed ML but just looking for an excuse to say she was pushed into these actions.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

The way y'all treat OYH is confusing to me. First, you don't like her because she's a "dumb idiot" and added nothing to the plot. Now that she is a part of the plot, you're still bashing her... I get that we don't like her, but I'm gonna have to be a devil's advocate here.

Yun-Hee was always a villain and I'm surprised that you guys never saw it earlier. I did, and her ex-husband's death makes me even more suspicious of her. I think she has an even darker part to her than we (and the other characters) actually know.

From the day that Seo-Jin slit her throat, and got away with it, that turned her into a vengeful and greedy woman. This also marks one of the first betrayals in her life, which hurt her deeply. And then that betrayal happened again- twice- with Yun-Chul abandoning her for Seo-Jin and her ex-husband cheating on her and then dying (after falling over a railing, drunk... or so we think.) All she had was Ro-Na, her daughter. Had it not been for her, I think she would've gone insane or even died. Finally, when she thought she'd get everything in life after moving into Hera Palace, thanks to her "sister", it turned out that her "sister" (Soo-Ryun) was lying to her, manipulating her, and using her. The pain she felt from her past betrayals stung. At this point, with her realizing that she was also Min Seol-Ah's killer, she decided to abandon her morals and humanity to get what she wanted- using her daughter as an excuse... power. 

Looking at it from a moral view, she has every right and reason to become even more of a villain than she already has, and completely twisted. I like Yun-Hee and it's ok if you don't. I just want you to understand her better and to not jump at her every time she breathes.

But I did cringe when she made out with Dan-Tae. Because eww. He's practically a sociopath. 

And that ending? It was truly satisfying. I laughed like a maniac as I watched it. Soo-Ryun isn't all that nice, either, y'all. But the Hera Club absolutely had it coming and they deserved it.

I actually rooted for her until EP 18. She had every right to be a villain but she didn't become one until then, after all. She was betrayed and beaten many times but she still made the best out of her life. And I was rooting for that. 

This episode though, when she became the woman she herself would be disgusted at, all in the name of her daughter, and protection, I kinda gave up on her. Except this is an elaborate plan by YH, SR and Logan (which is unlikely but still possible) she shouldn't be reduced to this, despite everything that's happened to her. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Aolian said:

I actually rooted for her until EP 18. She had every right to be a villain but she didn't become one until then, after all. She was betrayed and beaten many times but she still made the best out of her life. And I was rooting for that. 

Absolutely. She really stood tall against all those evil people.

11 minutes ago, Aolian said:

This episode though, when she became the woman she herself would be disgusted at, all in the name of her daughter, and protection, I kinda gave up on her.

I'll admit that my love for her wavered after this episode. Just a bit.

12 minutes ago, Aolian said:

Except this is an elaborate plan by YH, SR and Logan (which is unlikely but still possible) she shouldn't be reduced to this, despite everything that's happened to her. 

Highly unlikely. Logan seems super suspicious of YH and SR has just escaped the (literal) clutches of her sociopathic husband.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Looking at it from a moral view, she has every right and reason to become even more of a villain than she already has, and completely twisted. I like Yun-Hee and it's ok if you don't. 

Sorry, what? From a moral view no one has that right.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

From a moral view no one has that right.

From a moral view when it comes to someone who:

• Got her throat slit by her rival
  • Got suspended and punished because said rival lied to her parents about it and lost the ability to sing
  • Had her boyfriend dump them for the rival
  • Met another nice man, but the nice man cheated on her, left her with a crapload of debt, a daughter, and a crazy mom-in-law, and then died while cheating on her
  • Met her rival again, and ended up hurt many times because said rival didn't want her to succeed
  • Met a seemingly "nice" woman who really wants revenge against a bunch of people and ends up getting used by the woman she THOUGHT was her friend, who pretty much played with her emotions and gave her what she wanted since it was pre-planned

Yes. Yes she does. Personally, I'd lose my damn mind too if all this happened to me. And I did say before

6 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Yun-Hee was always a villain

... because it's true. She was simply hiding it and now that she has power and money, there's no need to hide it anymore. Soo-Ryun isn't all that great of a person either. All the characters are messed up and Yun-Hee is no exception, she just has valid reasons unlike some of them (looking at you, Sang-Ah, Jenny, Ma-ri, Min-Hyuk, and Attorney Lee.)

OF COURSE this doesn't justify the murder of Seol-Ah and her seduction of Dan-Tae at all.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Soo-Ryun isn't all that great of a person either.

Well, it wouldn't be great if her character was one-dimensional. Everyone has an evil side, it's just a matter of coming out or not. SSR has her flaws, she doesn't protect the twins as much, she used YH etc. However, she sticked to her morals and she knows when to draw a line. That's why we're rooting for her. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

️[SPOILER] [EP19]️
*main points of tonight episode*

•Suryeon reveals to the people of Hera Palace that Min SeolA is her daughter

•Suryeon says one last word to Oh Yoonhee who chose to betray her in the end

•Suryeon tells her reason why she suspected Yoonhee as the culprit

•Oh Yoonhee is greatly embarrassed by Shim Suryeon who says she is the killer of Min SeolA

»»the translation isn't accurate because i used google translate, but this was what i gathered from sbs so hope you enjoy««

[MORE SPOILER]

•Logan dramatically rescues Suryeon, who is in danger, like a prince on a white horse
•When Logan learns of the true culprit who killed Min SeolA, he and Suryeon pledge bloody revenge

•Joo Dantae is cracking down in the Hera Palace people for anything they may not know

•Oh Yoonhee noticed the relationship between Shim Suryeon and Logan Lee and threatened them

•Cheon Seojin finds her daughter Ha Eunbyeol at the inauguration ceremony of the president

•Cheon Seojin is pulled out by prosecutors who suddenly came in at the inauguration ceremony of the chairman

• Like 3
  • Shocked 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I'm banking on one of the kids dying as well.  The season starts and ends the same way but everything has changed. 

Have to say that I do NOT think that SeokHoon is changed or more innocent than the rest. He comes off as very controlled and cold. He IS Dantae's son and I think he learnt from his parents to play his cards close to his chest. I can see him betraying his father to side with SR as we can see during the hostage scene, SH gave no care to the fact that his dad might die. In fact, I think he might prefer it. 

The cage scene was hilarious. 

Yoon Hee as usual has no brains. SR stayed one step ahead of her and now it's all backfired in her face. But I think season 1 will end with no clear winners so that season 2 will be like the hunger games. Now everyone knows where they stand and knives are out.  How does YH think Rona will react when she finds out about her and Dantae? YH always loses because she can't think of the long game. And because she thinks she's outsmarting someone when literally they are playing chess and she's trying to master tic tac toe

Seo Jin is way too emotional and unstable right now. EB follows in her footsteps. Makes sense that one of the Hera Palace's Kids will die and Logan Lee/SR will be under suspicion. 

Can I just say that I also love the tarot reading part? Reminds me of wine country(movie) where the ladies have a tarot reading and it was so funny. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rainydays said:

cant wait to know the ending! and I think one of the character will die too? 

like the fortune teller said

Yeah. It will be somebody that will have an impact so not Dr. Ha, Ma-ri, Jenny, Attorney Lee, Sang-ah, or Min-hyuk. Not going to be Joo Dan-tae, Yoon-hee or Cheon Seo-jin. So SSH, Logan Lee, Eun-byul or Rona??? 

• Like 2