[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

It seems that Penthouse drama start shooting.

There is a pictures fropm the filming site. It is a classroom scene and we can see young actress Jin Ji Hee.

3921cac91e87b6dfc2f16876f2824855c499107e

source

source

It seems that the young cast will have their own storyline. I liked that. Jin Ji Hee plays Kang Mari (Shin Eun Kyung)`s daughter. We know that Bae Lona (Kim Hyun Soo) is Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene)`s daugher. I assume that Shim So Ryun (Lee Ji Ah) and Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon) has a son in the same school. A possible love triangle? I am alright with that but I wish there won`t be a love triangle for the protagonists.  It seems that Cheon Seo Jin (Kim So yeon) is not married/was married and doesn`t have a teenage child but we never know. We did not have her character description yet.

I also think there will be a son for Lee Gyu Jin (Bong Tae Gyu) & Go Sang ah (Yoon Joo Hee) couple.

Food Stylist J. Kim #Food Director J. Kim #SBS Drama #Penthouse

Again in 2020, our company J. Kim Food Style will create a good  drama  that expects the best viewership.
Let's start with SBS

It seems that this company worked with many dramas and movies.Good luck to everybody!

Official logo script released-Penthouse

It looks like the script has an English name for the drama Penthouse: War in Life

6a79e07bcd36bf6a841ccc41add85dd09e132e92

source

Another BTS picture with some of the young cast.

April Fool's Day # 20.04.01 #SBS #Penthouse #Seokyungdae
#Cheongah Art High School
I had a hard time shooting until dawn.
Sorry for uploading on the next day.

Spoiler

20200401 #secondary appearance #SBS

today! Good morning and late hours...
It was a long shooting time thanks to everyone, but I was able to have fun! Thank you
It's too bad that I can't take a lot of pictures because I'm busy and busy .. ㅠ
Only these two people are taking pictures together !!!!!!!!!
Everyone, please go home !!

Day 20200328 # 20200329 # 2
#SBS #Secondary appearance #Drama #Penthouse

Thank you all for two days 일
You did a really good job!! Thank you
Thank you very much, Song Hwa-jung !!
See you again next time
It was really fun for 2 days

• Like 2

2020.04.05 #SBS #Daeil Tourist High School #Penthouse #Mokdong Station #Beer
Today I finally saw the actor Uhm Ki Joon!!
Everyone suffered and ended earlier than I thought
I'm so glad !!! For the time being, led the PASS !!

They had a shooting day today?On Sunday?  The young actor said that he saw Uhm Ki Jun today. We want to see him too. When we can see pictures with the older cast?

• Like 1

Another cast confirmation

On the 6th, broadcasters told The Cellop that "Kim Young-dae will appear in the new drama" Penthouse ".

1586149732_316053.jpg

Young-Dae Kim appears as the twin son of Joo Dan-Tae (Uhm Ki-Jun) and his wife Shim Su-Ryun (Lee Jiah), the representative of an investment company and a prominent realtor.

Penthouse', known as the season system, began shooting on the 28th. Earlier, Eom Ki-ji, Lee Ji-ah, Eugene, and Kim So-yeon confirmed their appearances. It is scheduled to air in the second half of this year.

http://m.theceluv.com/article.php?aid=1586149732316053006#_enliple

His name was on the cast list but it seams that they announced today the official confirmation. And we found out that he is one of the children of Joo Dan tae (Uhm Ji Joon) and Shim Su Ryun (Lee Ji Ah).  If he is the twin son than mean that there will be a twin daughter? Or there will be another son?

I thought Yoo Jung Woo will play the role of Uhm Ji Joon`s son. Then, will Jung Da Bin play the twin daughter? I like that the confirmation comes with a little bit of the background for the characters.  I hope there will be more. ;)

I read  that he will play both twins. I am not sure it is right. I think the google translation did not make it clear for me the first time.  If it is true I hope I won`t see the obvious cliché of one good and one evil twin. I know that for the actors is fun to play two opposite characters but I don`t like this clichee.

• Like 3

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Penthouse, 펜트하우스 - Lee Ji Ah, Eugene - Premieres in October

According to one of Eugene`s fans, she has a new haircut for the drama.

I read a comment of Uhm Ki Joon who mentioned that he has a very nice haircut for the drama also. 

Nice..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Actor Ha Do-kwon who will play a vocal teacher in Penthouse uploaded a picture with the script.

Google translation of his comment:

Drama #Penthouse .... I'm shooting with the best cast. #The  Last Empress # Director Ju Dong-min and #Kim Soon-ok meet again with artist Sam ~~~ We look forward to seeing what kind of work it will take #Ha Do-kwon #Gang Doo-ki and ....

His character name is Gang Doo Ki too? That was the name of his character in SBS Stove League.:D

Another actress, Lee Sae Yoon, uploaded a picture and tagged the SBS drama name.

• Like 3

Both Eugenes daughter and Kim So Yeon's daughter worked hard to enter the famous art high school, but Sso hated Eugene very much, so she hired other students to frame Eugene's daughter for cheating on the exam, but Sso's daughter's campus violence was found and the situation was reversed.
Eugene and Sso have known each other since childhood. Sso is very inferior because of Eugene.
She wanted to pretend to be bullied by Eugene and suffer self-mutilation. As a result, she was found to be self-directed and very embarrassed, so she hated Eugene.

This is Kim So Yeon’s character raw translation from DC

I got some vibe from Sky Castle

Mothers and Daughters Battle

Though this is not official yet ,

Kim So Yeon’s Character Description is really mean and badass

Like mother like daughter :glasses:

I miss KSY villain character since drama ‘All about Eve”

I believe she can do well this time also

no doubt of her acting skill

just hope the script and story line are strong and make sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dsgam95 said:

This is Kim So Yeon’s character raw translation from DC

Thanks for the character description. It was about time to appear somewhere. Can you give me a link? Unless is not open and requares registration, I want to read it too. I don`t find any informations so far about her role and I find it odd. Maybe DC has better informations.

13 hours ago, dsgam95 said:

Kim So Yeon’s Character Description is really mean and badass

Really mean yes, but badass? I say pathetic and boderline crazy.  I  hope it is much better on screen. Sorry but Yeong-Mi was at another class of villainess if I have to compare to this descriptions. Or I think Seo Jin is another Yeong Mi, but more crazy and lame. They have the same obsession to overcome the good girl and make bad things to her, but somehow, I find Yeong Mi more in control. She was intelligent and it was sad and tragic  that she could not succeed on her own without boycotting the other to succeed because she could do it. But (due to the past circumstanses) instead she was obbsessed with what the other thad. 

I was expecting (more a wish) a more logical confrontation, like a battle of equals, a battle of wits, a battle where everyone have their own agenda and their own interests were in conflict.  I expected Seo jin to be mean but I wish she enters a confruntation to Joo Dan Tae or with the heroine on equal grounds but not with a handicap (this inferiority complex) that will make her do irrational things.  I guess I know where the writer wants to do with So Yeon`s character. She will have an irrational emotion against another woman. The writer made them to have a common background to explain somehow the hate for the woman. When the heroine enter the high society, her hate will go to another level. She will do crazy things. If she will have a daughter (Jung Da Bin`s character?), we can assume that she is married with the doctor and now she will have a good status. When the heroine will enter high society, Seo Jin will hate her even more and will do everything to defeat her.

Of course, Soyeon will do good this time too. If she made people hate her character (and not only)  for 20 years now she will do it for 30 years. :lol:

I am disappointed but deep down I knew the writer won`t give me what I want. I can`t seem to enjoy dramas with crazy people or psychopaths because I can`t understand/ explain their  psychological traits. I can watch but without the need to talk about it.  It will be entertainment alright. Have the pop corn and be glued to the screen to see what crazy things the characters will do. I know that formula works for big rating.  I hope Penthouse will be a succes. :lol: I don`t know if I will be active on the forum but I will watch this crazy makjang for Soyeon. :D

Now that I don`t have any expectation anymore it will be more easy to wait for the drama.

• Thanks 1

BTS with the young cast

The comment

Youngah Lee, 3rd grader at Cheonga Art High School
#Penthouse

I read that they moved this drama from Monday- Tuesday timeslot to Friday- Saturday , in October, after drama Alice.

We still don`t know who is going to play the role of Logan Lee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, larus said:

BTS with the young cast

The comment

Youngah Lee, 3rd grader at Cheonga Art High School
#Penthouse

I read that they moved this drama from Monday- Tuesday timeslot to Friday- Saturday , in October, after drama Alice.

We still don`t know who is going to play the role of Logan Lee.

Isn’t  Logan Lee role is supposed to play by Ha Seok Jin  ?

But he got another drama offer at the same time , but there is no official new that he turned down the drama Penthouse yet or he choose over another drama?

He Seok Jin and Eugene also starred in drama before , i think they two are visually match and Logan lee is might be Good character in drama , it suits with HSJ i think  

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks!

On 4/25/2020 at 9:12 PM, dsgam95 said:

Isn’t  Logan Lee role is supposed to play by Ha Seok Jin  ?

But he got another drama offer at the same time , but there is no official new that he turned down the drama Penthouse yet or he choose over another drama?

He Seok Jin and Eugene also starred in drama before , i think they two are visually match and Logan lee is might be Good character in drama , it suits with HSJ i think  

Yes, it Ha Seok Jin is supposed to play Logan Lee but I think he accepted the MBC drama after all. It was not an official confirmation but articles mention that he is considering. After the offer for Penthouse in early February, not even once we hear about him concidering the role in SBS drama. Plus, the Wikipedia removed his name  about a week ago. It is not a reliable source but sometime they did it right.

We`ll see. If he won`t be after all in Penthouse, all three male leads stepped down from their role.

It is so weird. They have started shooting but they never give a confirmation for the three female leads but at least they mentioned in a article that they accepted the role. Maybe SBS will do a proper promotion later, when the drama is near.

I did not know that Eugene and Ha Seok Jin appeared in another drama together. I knew about him and Lee Ji Ah that they were a couple on screen in another drama. I agree that they will be a lovely couple. 

Edit: It was announced today, Ap[ril 27, that Ha Seok Jin is confirmed for MBC drama.

• Like 1

I found some BTS pictures from Penthouse shooting. FINALLY.

Soyeon :wub:

Now I know that she kept her long hair for this drama. She is wearing red.

fe45d680404cdba73bf58caa1579144e78a5a518

9372fe273fcb770749f522466d7cc56b02795893

Jin Ji hee

I don`t know why but I want to root for her character in this drama. I like her more than the other younger female actresses. I am sure the other young actresses are talented too.

5a4d70f5156b5bfb0f6b815a5c9c9880dfef0d3f

In the background is Lee Ji Ah or Soyeon too? I like her white pantsuit.

Spoiler

7f2a463cf8a3fd18786effd2626e26b5aa4ad714

ee516dffde11cf38bc4022e449d4741f8037e6a5

source

It looks like a lot of this plot will take place at the art school. The ladies will bring the conflict at the school? It is like a high school drama. :D It is currious how these rich kids (some of them) are in art school. Their parents let them pursue their passion? Admirable. Usually they insist that their children are studying for medical, law shools. Classical music is left to be a hobby.

• Like 3

Coffee/tea and snack truck for Lee Ji ah on the set of Penthouse drama..

No actors were spotting in those pictures. I wish I could see the actors involved in this drama, even behind the scene.