[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

1 hour ago, larus said:

No wonder he is stepping down. Who knows what other projects he has beside the variety show. It will be the drama `s loss.  The article says that the other actors are currently in talks also. It is a new situation. The filming will delay due to coronavirus. October airing? Let see if everyone else will sign. 

Huhu. I read the airdate has been pushed from August to October 2020. I'm sad. I was looking forward to this drama. But I'll be honest, for me SSR was the main pull and also his reunion with Eugene from 3 Dads 1 Mum.

I also wonder about the other cast. This is quite a big cast pool and there were rumours about a multiple season format. I haven't seen casting confirmation for the main cast other than Bong Tae Gyu and Shin Sung Rok. Unfortunately SSR has to step down. I probably won't see him in dramaland this year, and the thought of that is making me even more sad :(.

Anyways...I wish all the best for the remaining cast and the crew! Hopefully filming runs smoothly in the future. Also...maybe SSR can appear as a cameo. Hehehe

• Like 1

12 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I also wonder about the other cast. This is quite a big cast pool and there were rumours about a multiple season format. I haven't seen casting confirmation for the main cast other than Bong Tae Gyu and Shin Sung Rok. Unfortunately SSR has to step down. I probably won't see him in dramaland this year, and the thought of that is making me even more sad 

I know that there was a talk for two seasons not multiple seasons. I always thought that they want to do like Chief of Staff, two seasons of 10 episodes. Now I see that this drama will have 20 episodes but I did not know if there will be two episodes per day.

Maybe Shin Sung Rok has another drama offer or movie this year. You don`t know yet. Or maybe he is busy with his musical theater career. But I understand that you are sad that you won`t see on the small screen your favorite actor.

I think that there won`t be as many dramas as original planned for this year. I can`t believe that Penthouse is airing in October. I understand the need to protect everyone form the virus but I feel like October is so far away.

About confirming news about the cast. It is odd. They announced that they originally planned a first script reading but not the whole cast was announced.

I also wonder which actor will be cast to play Joo Dan Tae (Shin Sung Rok`s role).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, larus said:

I know that there was a talk for two seasons not multiple seasons. I always thought that they want to do like Chief of Staff, two seasons of 10 episodes. Now I see that this drama will have 20 episodes but I did not know if there will be two episodes per day.

Maybe Shin Sung Rok has another drama offer or movie this year. You don`t know yet. Or maybe he is busy with his musical theater career. But I understand that you are sad that you won`t see on the small screen your favorite actor.

I think that there won`t be as many dramas as original planned for this year. I can`t believe that Penthouse is airing in October. I understand the need to protect everyone form the virus but I feel like October is so far away.

I suspect SSR will have more musicals and I don't have high hopes for him to return to dramaland this year but I hope he does ^_^.

Yes. October is so far away. I wonder if they plan to fully preproduce the drama? Or will they stick to live filming like TLE. 

5 hours ago, larus said:

I also wonder which actor will be cast to play Joo Dan Tae (Shin Sung Rok`s role).

I wonder too. I have 2 actors on mind: Lee Min Ki and Yoo Teo. Hahahaha. Edit: make that 3. The other one is Kim Jae Wook.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Yes. October is so far away. I wonder if they plan to fully preproduce the drama? Or will they stick to live filming like TLE. 

I hope it is pre-produced. They delayed the filming but I hope the virus will be defeated by then and everything will go back to normal.

9 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I wonder too. I have 2 actors on mind: Lee Min Ki and Yoo Teo. Hahahaha. Edit: make that 3. The other one is Kim Jae Wook.

I like all three.  I had to search for Yoo Teo. I know who he is. I recently saw him in Money Game....Mr. Eugene Han. :) And Kim Jae Wook just recently refused the offer for the OCN drama and he is free but I still think he has a better offer than this. Or the role of Joo Dan Tae is that interesting? :lol:

Speaking of Joo Dan Tae. We don`t know much about him but if he is the head of a real estate company, maybe he is the boss of the heroine, Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene`s character). She is working to sell houses for rich people. I also suspect that the good guy, Logan Lee (Ha Seok Jin) will have a story with the heroine as well.  I am curious about the connection with the other characters too.

I am more curious  at this point  for these little details than wanting to watch the drama. :D

On 3/6/2020 at 7:46 AM, katakwasabi said:

Anyways...I wish all the best for the remaining cast and the crew! Hopefully filming runs smoothly in the future. Also...maybe SSR can appear as a cameo. Hehehe

It is possible. It is known that actors from the writer`s previous drama made cameos in her other projects.

15 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I wonder if they plan to fully preproduce the drama? Or will they stick to live filming like TLE. 

We found a little more information from Ha Do-Kwon`s interview. He plays a supporting role in Penthouse and he said that the filming will start in April. Or that was the original plan?

30000643470_1280.jpg

Q. All the dramas that you have appeared so far are SBS works. Even Penthouse, you decided on the next work.

Ha Do-Kwon: I will. That's why there's a story about SBS employees. (Laughter) 'Penthouse' is the work of 'Emperor's dignity' author and director. I didn't see the script at all, but the director told me to do it with me. I think people are important. Rather than a compliment in words, the suggestion, "Let's do it together," really comes from trust in that person. 'Penthouse' will be filming from April, but I only know the role of vocal teacher. I majored in vocal music, so I hope it will help my work. (Google translate)

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009839153

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 8:33 PM, larus said:

Maybe Shin Sung Rok has another drama offer or movie this year. You don`t know yet.

I was right. I have a good sense of this kind of things. :D I don`t know when this new drama will start filming but it was a good decision to appear in the new romance fantasy thriller. I think it was a good decision to stepped down from Penthouse and accept the new offer if both have similar schredules. Of course he wanted to do  a different genre as first lead. I wish my girl will be so lucky.

Now, I wish there are news about Penthouse drama. Let's see the whole cast. I want new information about characters.  It is a long time until the airing but I still want to know.

Casting news. Finally.

Uhm Ki-Joon was cast in drama Penthouse in the role of Ju Dan Tae, former role of Shin Sung Rok.

75252_37009_4035.jpg

On the 17th (today), an official from SidusHQ announced to Bepriport that "Um Ki-jung confirmed the appearance of the new SBS drama" Penthouse "."
He will play the role of Shim Su-Ryun (played by Lee Ji Ah)`s husband, Ju Da Tae, a representative of an investment company and a wealth of real estate with the best wealth and power.

Uhm Ki Joon ill play the role of Ju Dan Tae, CEO of investment companies Real Estate Wizard. He is the husband of Sim Su Yeon (LeeJiAh), he is like a ghost who smells money. He uses money to invest in every business. And he generates income wherever he invests.

http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=75252

I am impressed. The moment I see his pictures I knew he will replace the role of Shin Sung Rok. And we find out a little more information about Lee Ji ah`s role. I wonder if he will play a villain role. First they wanted Shin Sung Rok, then Uhm Ki Jung? It looks like that. We`ll see. I am pleased with this casting.

So, Ju Dan tae has a connection with Lee Ji ah`s role. I suspected that as one of the posibility. Either with Lee Ji ah or Eugene.

Now, let see who will play the good guy, Logan Lee.

Funny fact. Is not Uhm Ki Joon a musical actor also? A musical actor left, comes back another one. Now I really want to see a singing scene with all the guys. :D

A little more information about Uhm Ki Joon`s role. Ju Da Tae has a natural talent for business and real estate. It is said that Gangnam yolk land and high-rise buildings are enough to say that you cannot go around Gangnam without exploring his land. He is a man who has never had what he wanted, and cannot forgive anyone who that betrays him.

Penthouse' is a mythical story of a woman's distorted desire, motherhood, and real estate success that is gradually becoming a monster as she walks her life towards the entrance to the top floor penthouse, the symbol of Gangnam. The protagonist, who received the highest-quality real estate information in silence on the accidental murder she saw, took the last ticket to Gangnam, intervened in the upper society, and chose a completely different life to succeed in both real estate, education, money, and knowledge.

Uhm Ki Joon fills the role of Ju Dantae, where Kim So-yeon, Yujin, and Lee Ji-a were to play the main role as the female protagonist. The rest of the casting is also being finalized.

The writer Kim Soon-ok writes the script and is directed by director Dong-min Joo. It consists of a season system and the first season is broadcasted this fall.

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23731833

Ju Dan Tae never forgives anyone who betrays him?  I wish Soyeon`s character, being the villainess of this drama, to go against him. Please, Writer Nim, give her a strong, meatier role, not petty fights with the women.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

It looks like it will be lots of couple in this drama, some of these couples are married. The young actors are playing their children? We`ll see from which family they are. Or they are students in Logan Lee`s class. Maybe both. :D

If there are two seasons, I hope they will give us both this year. 

The couples of Penthouse

232304a800ef8a47c06f5904872c80a62987e4e0

Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) & Logan Lee (Ha Seok Jin)

I think they will meet and fall in love.

da25b51153616be85dff281198c628292c8b46d6

Shim Soo Ryeong (Lee Ji ah) & Joo Dan Tae (Uhm Ki Joon)- married couple

297446414a55ccf43391f08551d5d8140fd7eccc

Cheon Soo Jin (Kim So Yeon) & Ha Yoon Chul (Oh Man Seok)- maybe married or working in close vicinity

Spoiler

2fb4b32dbcc512ea7f313a2071b227bd948fcac2

Lee Gyu Jin (Bong Tae Gyu) & Go Sang Ah (Yoon Joo hee)- married

bce0897ec8ce7236081c125dea9c332d68cbd2d2

Kang Ma ri (Shin Eun Kyung)& her husband (Heo Sung Tae)- married

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Another cast member stepped down.

Oh Man Seok was finally unsuccessful in appearing in the new drama 'Penthouse' in SBS.

7479f13b-8f39-4ff9-a410-87e223cc9b2f.jpg

Man-Seok Oh was proposed for Ha Yoon-cheol and was in final coordination, but decided that he would not be joining this time as there was a detail mismatch. Accordingly, officials said that the production team is spurring the role casting of Yoon-cheol Ha.

In 'Penthouse', actor Uhm Ki Joon has confirmed the appearance, and it is known that Lee Ji-ah, Eugene, and Kim So-yeon, Ha-Gwon Ha are discussing the appearance.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/1406_202003181836018998

Too bad. I was looking forward to see Soyeon and Oh Man seok in the same storyline. I am not sure what is going on. I hope it is a schreduling conflict and it is not about the script.  So, we will hear more news in the upcoming days about the casting. It is not sure yet, who will appear and who will not.

Maybe they will look for Lee Pil Mo to stay in the same musical actors trend. :D

• Sad 1

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Penthouse, 펜트하우스 - Lee Ji Ah, Shin Sung Rok, Eugene - Premieres in October

Uhm Ki Joon Confirmed For New Drama By “The Last Empress” Creators + Kim So Yeon, Eugene, And Lee Ji Ah In Talks

Mar 18, 2020
by S. Park
6c50f598c2054586849fc463695a1903.jpeg?s=

Uhm Ki Joon has been confirmed for a new drama!

On March 17, his agency SidusHQ told YTN Star, “Uhm Ki Joon will be appearing in the drama ‘Penthouse.'”

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who turns into a monster while trying to achieve her goal of living in a luxury penthouse in Gangnam, which symbolizes the pinnacle of success. This upcoming series is a collaboration between writer Kim Soon Ok and producing director Joo Dong Min who last worked on SBS’s “The Last Empress.”

Shin Sung Rok previously stepped down from the drama due to scheduling conflicts, and Kim So Yeon, Eugene, and Lee Ji Ah are reviewing casting offers.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1389020wpp/uhm-ki-joon-confirmed-for-new-drama-by-the-last-emperor-creators-kim-so-yeon-eugene-and-lee-ji-ah-in-talks

• Love 1

11 hours ago, irilight said:

oh, so happy with this news!    :wub:   Music to my ears.....

Yeah, I was also happy with the casting. They found a good actor to reprise the role left by Shin Sung Rok. I trust the casting director/ PD & writer to do the same with the other male role. I am sad that I won`t see Oh Man Seok but that`s it. Another time. I am curious who they find.

I can`t believe that I was waiting 2-3 months to see the whole cast for this drama.

I think they have problems with the casting because they postponed filming (one of them maybe had other projects in work and now they had to choose because they can`t do both, or have a better offer now, others received the script now and have some creative differences, personal reasons and other motives). I think it is hard to negotiate because of the seasonal drama too. When they will film the next season, it will be the next season? Maybe they had some production problems as well.

11 hours ago, irilight said:

Thank you for this visual,

Penthouse has beautiful couples. I hope the writer gives all the actors a good script to work with it. It will be a shame if she will waste all the cast`s potential.

• Like 1

I was wondering which actor would play the role fo Ha Yoon Chul alongside Kim So Yeon in Penthouse after Oh Man Seok decided to step down from the drama. Right now there is a name atacked to the role in Wikipedia. It is Park Eun-Seok (1984). His face was familiar and I see that I saw him in a few dramas, recently was in MBC Partners of Justice.  I don`t know what to say. I want Oh Man Seok back! 

Let see if it is just a rumor or indeed he will be cast next.

I watched some videos with Park Eun seok and I don`t click with him.  :tears:  But the casting director must have a reason to chose him for this role.

Well, I will wait to see the confirmation or at least some articles with the proposition for this role.  Que sera sera.

Or maybe it is just a rumor. :)

Edit>

After a day, the name was removed. I think someone is messing with me. :lol: I have too much time for this kind of stuff. This is the side effect of staying too much at home. I learned my lesson. 

• Sad 1

Well It was true.

Actor Park Eun-suk fills the empty seats of Oh Man suk

An official from one drama station said on the 20th that daily sports "Park Eun-suk will join the new SBS drama 'Penthouse'".

7ed7ec17b43a451f83b53209e43a00d9.jpeg?x=

Park Eun-Seok  plays Yoon-Chul Ha, the director of internal medicine at the large general hospital VIP. As a doctor, his ability is unmatched, and he has the largest number of patients in Korea, and he is the first person to increase the overall hospital yield by 150%. He is the youngest VIP-only internal medicine department chairman and the most influential next hospital director. I think that only proof of one's ability is the reason for existence, and only the best can be the best. During college, he loved  Cheon Seo-jin (Kim So yeon).

Originally, Oman Suk tried to take on the role, but for some reason, Park Eun-suk took over. The lineup of the drama was finalized several times after casting. Park Eun-suk, who played the villain in the previous work, Dr. Prisoner, will appear in this title.

'Penthouse' is a mythical story of a woman's distorted desire, motherhood, and real estate success that is gradually turning into a monster as she walks her life toward the entrance to the top floor penthouse, the symbol of Gangnam. The protagonist, who received the highest-quality real estate information in silence on the accidental murder he witnessed, grabbed the last ticket to Gangnam, intervened in the upper society, and chose a completely different life to succeed in both real estate, education, money, and knowledge. to be. The main lead, including Park Eun-suk, Uhm Ki-jun, Kim So-yeon, Yujin, and Lee Ji-ah, led the script at Tanhyeon Studio in Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do this afternoon.

https://news.joins.com/article/23735193?cloc=rss-news-total_list

OK. Ha Yoon Chul is a doctor. He will play a good guy here? A person who believes that proof of his abilities is the only reason for existence and that only the best can be the best. An ambitious person and a perfectionist. If Yoon Chul loved Seo Jin in colleage, is Seo Jin a doctor too? I smell a connection to Logan Lee character. He is ill/ was ill. I hope we find out information about Kim So yeon, Lee Ji ah and Shin Eun kyung`s characters.

We found out that the first script reading was held today. I hope everything will be alright. Stay healthy everybody!

• Sad 1

I saw actress Jin ji Hee in some dramas when she was a child. She grew up a beautiful young woman.

jin-ji-hee-768x512.jpg

In the drama she plays the daughter of Shin Eun Kyung`s character.  I am looking forward to see her in this drama.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2020 at 12:03 AM, rocher22 said:

PES and KSY...a little unexpected...but I like it...

For me was  totally unexpected. It took me by surprise.  :D But I am more puzzled right now about the character description. I expected him to be the partner of crime of Seo Jin. Yoon Chul had a crush on Seo Jin in colleage? That was Park Eun Suk`s role in Partners of Justice, if I am not mistaken. He had a crush since colleage for Jung Yumi`s character.

What kind of villainess she is? Because when the heroine is grey, the others are more grey or black. The writer tends to make the villains over the top but I will be glad if there will be a more nuanced character. :D  Yeah, I want the character description for other female characters even if we don`t find out much.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2020 at 8:15 PM, larus said:

Yeah, Except Eugene and the young actors, all the cast have been villains before. Remarkable villains.;) I am curious who will be in TEAM BADDIE this time. My girl can not be the only one. :lol:

I saw Eugene in the bread guy show. She was not evil but not nice. After the sad Winter Sonata group of dramas, I watched Eugene in save the last dance,  and beautiful world? She got pregnant and got married. I liked her in those shows.

• Love 2

9 hours ago, maribella said:

I saw Eugene in the bread guy show. She was not evil but not nice. After the sad Winter Sonata group of dramas, I watched Eugene in save the last dance,  and beautiful world? She got pregnant and got married. I liked her in those shows.

Not nice did not count.So, I was right. She never played a villain. In this drama she will play not a nice character but not evil either. Having a grey character is interesting. I like grey characters, I even prefer an antihero or even a villain if it is writen well.

Eugene will play a grey character here who she has a chance to redeem herself or save herself from a sad/ tragic ending.

Another cast news

Actress Kim Hyun-soo joins 'Penthouse'.

351129_439301_1313.jpg

She will play the role of Bae Lo Na, Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene)`s daughter. Kim Hyun-soo, who is loved by viewers for her stable acting, is attracting attention as she will show off unusual charms such as vocal music and so on through this drama.

Kim Hyun-soo was loved by fans in a variety of hits such as the dramas 'Solomon's Perjury', 'My Love from the Star', 'Chosun Gunman', movies 'Be With You', and 'Goodbye Single'.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=351129

• Like 1
  • Love 1