[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

8 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

Ro Na's death scene ended so abruptly and her corpse wasn't even shown. Her death feels very different from SR and MSA's death. At least we got to see their dead bodies. Keep this in mind for later. 

This looks like a repeat of Hye In's death. 

• Like 10

When Su-Ryeon found out JUDANTE! was going to kill Hye-In, she had a doctor give Hye-In medicine that stopped her heart and made her appear dead. Once doctors pronounced her dead, her body was switched, and Hye-In was taken to safety.

I'm just saying... :lol:

When I began watching Penthouse, I kind of hated it. But it was a fun hate-watch and I kept watching because I thought it would be fun to see a bunch of trash people devour each other like the bunch of animals that they were.

Episode 1 of the Season 2 was an example of that crazy-bonkers energy, with that housekeeper and her shrine to JUDANTE! So nutty! It was great.

But now I'm kind of emotionally invested (weird!) and I'm genuinely sad about Ha Yun-Cheol. He basically made a deal with the devil many years ago, and the devil has come to take his payment, and the price is his daughter's sanity and well-being. And I genuinely feel awful for Eun-Byeol. It's so sad to watch a young girl become mentally destroyed over two seasons. When the show started, she was rather sweet, and the only one who wasn't snotty towards Min Seol-Ah at first. Now she is full-on insane.

And Kim So-Yeon as Cheon Seo-Jin. RESPECT. Again, at first I thought her acting was just about shrieking a lot and destroying everything on her desk on a weekly basis. But Season 2 has made me seriously appreciate her as an actress and her exquisite fits of TREMBLING FURY. Girl, you're working it, and we see it.

Oh, and yes, I do think Ha Yun-Cheol is Ro-Na's bio-dad. Because ... it's ... PENTHOUSE!!! :lol:

I really think that it's the ultimate Greek Tragedy grief for Ha-Yun Cheol, when he finds out that his daughter [almost] murdered his other daughter out of jealousy, and that he had a hand in it, too.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

Reasons why I think BRN isn't dead:

1. Her death might be faked just like Hye In's.

2. Why isn't an autopsy carried out? It might be really helpful for the investigation. SSR carried out an autopsy on MSA right away, why can't OYH do the same?

3. Where's the body? 

4. Depending on who unplugged her oxygen mask, anything could happen.

- HYC, might kill her, if that happens, it'll be addressed in future episodes

- JDT, no reason for him to do so, but it's Penthouse, anything could happen.

- LL, to keep her away from the chaos. Just like Hye In in America.

- SH, maybe he will murder her so he can be with EB.

5. There's some info leaked that in episode 7, there'll be someone receiving soundwave therapy (from JDT). It might be BRN (Unlikely, but possible) or just Hye In.

6. Actress KHS said in S2, JDT will be Rona's biggest obstacle. JDT and BRN barely interacted this season. (almost never)

Reasons on why Rona might die:

1. MDG said that Rona will never graduate Cheong A High School.

2. Rona said she'll never sing again, but then again, maybe it's because EB slashed her throat with the trophy.

I don't to be delusional here but there's no evidence that Rona is actully dead. No autopsy or cremation was shown.

Thoughts on SSR's sister:

I don't think SSR's sister is evil. Would you spare someone who killed your sister? It is possible that she's SSR herself, but I'm not getting any high hopes on that.

Oh well, JDT will find the love of his life. (According to the teaser)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Secretz said:

Thoughts on SSR's sister:

I don't think SSR's sister is evil. Would you spare someone who killed your sister? It is possible that she's SSR herself, but I'm not getting any high hopes on that.

Oh well, JDT will find the love of his life. (According to the teaser)

I still think the writer is trying to repeat of what she did in Temptation of the Wife. Shim Su-Ryeon / Na Ah-Gyo is a a repeat of Goo Eun-jae / Min So-hee

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I’ve read soompi for years but I had to create an account just to discuss this wacky addicting drama!

my theory on why Rona isn’t dead: she told Seok-hoon she couldn’t have pasta with him. She was busy. She KNEW something was gonna go down. Wouldn’t shock how much this whole Rona/EB thing was faked by Logan and the “nanny”. Everyone knew she took pills. Logan and co used that to trick EB. I think there’s a reason we don’t see the trophy scene and how Rona gets it stuck to her head. I think that was Logan. I just do not see this ending this way.

as for the comments of the actress saying Dan-Tae was her biggest obstacle this season. I think it’s because of the son. I think SH is full on Rona mode and won’t turn back now. Might even get recruited to Logan side. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Now I’m only going to root for Joo Dan Tae. It seems the writer hates letting good prevail so I’ll root for the big bad since she’ll keep him winning till maybe season 3 ending and not get my heart broken again.

what was the essence of Seok kyung threatening Seo Jin?? She literally gained nothing from it and gave Seojin the only evidence of her father’s death. Very stupid girl

And now we’re back to square one again except we don’t know what OYH will do now?

• Like 3

I’ve noticed the ones who don’t “win” are the characters with the most redeemable qualities. Might be setting SK up with a story arc that ends in tragedy.

As for EB, I think we are seeing how her mother was created. SJ is just like her FATHER. EB was one of the nicer kids S1, ep 1. She’s actually had one of the more interesting character developments and arc. Maybe she kills her mom in S3? 

The twins want nothing to do with their parents so they are rogues. Everyone else is just like their parents. Maybe Rona is another “rogue” and learned from her mom’s mistakes and isn’t really dead....

is it next week?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

And now we’re back to square one again except we don’t know what OYH will do now?

Based off the preview, it seems like all the adult couples from Episode 1 of the first season are back together. 

----

I wouldn't be surprised if JDT cheats on CSJ with "Butterfly Tattoo Lady". 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Soshi831 said:

As for EB, I think we are seeing how her mother was created. SJ is just like her FATHER. EB was one of the nicer kids S1, ep 1. She’s actually had one of the more interesting character developments and arc. Maybe she kills her mom in S3? 

If EB kills SJ in S3 then it would be karma of what happened to CSJ and her father. I actually can see it actually happening.  I won't be surprised if the last shot we see of EB is in prison.    

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, Songbae said:

Jo dan tae is a horrible kisser. the scenes between him and SJ it looks like they are sucking each other's soul 

Agreed. With CSJ, both of them tongue slashing and thrusting deep down their throat.

Conspiracy theory...Chairwoman Song is CSJ birth mother.:yaaa: 

7 hours ago, kboramint said:

I won't be surprised if the last shot we see of EB is in prison.

Mental Health Centre as she is underage and mental unstable.

• Like 1

One thing that stills bothers me from the new episode is the fact that it wasn't revealed who actually broke the fire alarm, it wasn't EB as it was shown that at the time she was in the classroom and then ran to put the trophy in the locker. Also, it couldn't have been her parents as they were both at the crime scene and CSJ even asked HYC if he was the one to do it. Seems that there might be another mystery person helping them? Also, in the hospital it wasn't HYC going in to take away the oxygen thing, he was shown wearing  a dark jacket coat in the police station and in the scene the person was wearing a light coloured jacket which looks more like Logan Lee's style. JDT doesn't really wear light colours either so I really don't see it being him. Anyways, I need Friday to come already need more answers! 

Also, need to see what Shim Su Ryeon has planned, I really hope that it's really her. I mean JDT killed her right, so if he was so confident about that wouldn't he ask if it was the twins mum instead of asking Shim Su Ryeon straight away, which did seem a little strange.

• Like 3

Never knew I would say this but Lee Si Eon was hot in this episode. This serious role and the hairstyle suit him lol 

Next cameo is Yoo Jun Sang, I can't wait to see what his character will be about

Edited by Estelle
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Gretule said:

One thing that stills bothers me from the new episode is the fact that it wasn't revealed who actually broke the fire alarm, it wasn't EB as it was shown that at the time she was in the classroom and then ran to put the trophy in the locker.

It's most likely to be JDT. He was the only one who left the scene when Rona was found. He probably did it as he believe there's a chance that SK did it.

2 hours ago, Estelle said:

Never knew I would say this but Lee Si Eon was hot in this episode. This serious role and hairstyle suit him lol 

Mood.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

13 minutes ago, Secretz said:

It's most likely to be JDT. He was the only one who left the scene when Rona was found. He probably did it as he believe there's a chance that SK did it

You're right, just re watched that scene again and JDT walked away moments before holding his phone! Very suspicious behaviour, hopefully we will get more answers on Friday!

• Like 4