[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

OMG, it was that crazy psycho, Eun Byul! And she’s going to cover up her blood stains like her mother did!  I cannot wait until tomorrow. 

This was the life for a life episode, though I guess by that logic, at least three more lives need to go.  I feel awful for Yoon Hee, though. 

Well, that said, I still have yays for other people, sorry, but other characters *do* exist: 

1. Yay Jenny for getting first runner up!

2. Yay Seok Kyung for creeping out Seo Jin!

3. Big Yay to Mari for going full on Gangster! 

• Like 3

I wonder if Mari and Yoonhee will become allies? And Seokkyung may be getting framed for a potential murder.

Glad that Seojin did something right. And Eunbyul has lost it. Completely.

Big ups to Jenny for getting the silver award, yay!!!

I really wanna know what Kyujin and his family will do. Seems like they're gonna have a war with Mari?

• Like 2

omg I don't want to spoil what happened in episode 5 , but at this rate I will have an anger control issue!!!!

If there is one thing you have to learn from this drama is that you can't trust anyone in this world. YOU CAN'T!!!!!anger GIF

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

omg I don't want to spoil what happened in episode 5 , but at this rate I will have an anger control issue!!!!

I mean, a lot of us pretty much spoiled the episode through our discussions. And you can always hide the context.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Songbae said:

I don't think that eunbyeol would have slashed rona's throat and pushed her if she hadn't taken the medication. From the preview she can't believe it. Alpranax is for stress and anxiety. drowsiness is a side effect.

I have to disagree. Eun Byul is already on the edge of mental breakdown thks to both her parents but mostly to how SJ raised her.

Fueled by jealousy that SH prefers someone who used to be poor like Rona, and hatred because the poor girl could sing better than her. Add the malicious lies told to her by SJ concerning YH and her dad, she sees red whenever she sees Rona.

Just like SJ who acts like a mad bull who sees a red flag whenever YH is concerned. EB is just like her mother period. I think even worse. 

EB didn't need drugs to kill Rona, she already tried to stab her once in the past. But Rona still had the smarts to act in defense and didn't get hurt.

Now clearly knowing she lost the competition with her poor performance, powered by the medication all hell broke loose. 

I don't think she would feel guilty, instead she would go mad in thinking the repercussions of comitting attempted murder and how she could come out of it without any damage or punishment. 

She knew her own mom let her grandfather die and didn't do anything about it. She hated Rona so she wouldn't care nor feel guilty. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Songbae said:
Spoiler

I don't believe that rona is dead. That can't be possible.

I am done with this season. I can't be crying early in the morning for no reason. It is so stressful.

Spoiler

I'm sad but I'm not surprised. I was expecting this. The writer wants her dead therefore she's dead.

Agreed, this drama is testing my patience.

Spoiler

So, the short hair girl claimed to be SSR's sister. 

Also, WTH IS THIS?!?!? Is SH kissing EB!?!?!?

spacer.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, htk9207 said:

I have to disagree. Eun Byul is already on the edge of mental breakdown thks to both her parents but mostly to how SJ raised her.

Fueled by jealousy that SH prefers someone who used to be poor like Rona, and hatred because the poor girl could sing better than her. Add the malicious lies told to her by SJ concerning YH and her dad, she sees red whenever she sees Rona.

Just like SJ who acts like a mad bull who sees a red flag whenever YH is concerned. EB is just like her mother period. I think even worse. 

EB didn't need drugs to kill Rona, she already tried to stab her once in the past. But Rona still had the smarts to act in defense and didn't get hurt.

Now clearly knowing she lost the competition with her poor performance, powered by the medication all hell broke loose. 

I don't think she would feel guilty, instead she would go mad in thinking the repercussions of comitting attempted murder and how she could come out of it without any damage or punishment. 

She knew her own mom let her grandfather die and didn't do anything about it. She hated Rona so she wouldn't care nor feel guilty. 

But the medication gave her the strength and who gave it to her the maid logan lee hired.

Why did they let RN come back. Wasn't logan supposed to protect her. 

Imreally hate Ha yoonchul and i hope he gets the white truck treatment

• Like 2

Yoon he literally has nothing to protect anymore, in a way she is finally feeling what Su Ryeon felt when her daughter was killed, in a way it's her karma for killing Anna. 

I really hope EB and both her parents end up in prison have no more hope for her dad he is too far gone, I think he was the one to cut the oxygen from Ro Na in the hospital.

Finally we have Lee Ji Ah back!!! I really hope it's actually Shim Su Ryeon I mean the timing would fit perfectly since Ro Na died now and Yoon Hee will need help, knowing how much she valued their friendship maybe that's why she came out of the hiding. I just want that Logan Lee and Su Ryeon ending let them be happy! They are the only innocent people really in the whole show who I can root for!

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Okay I decided to come back to this forum after seeing spoilers on twitter. 

FIRSTLY. I really don't think Rona died. Like for now, I do think that YH and Logan probably might stash her away in America to recover first. Cause Rona's story HAS NO CLOSURE?! So I really really hope she's still alive. And I really hope the writer isn't stupid to completely kill Rona off esp when she knows that everyone LOVE Rona x Seokhoon pairing, so killing her completely is gonna make netz angry. But if the writer still does it, then.. I'd be pissed and will prolly stop watching.. at least until the S2 finishes airing. 

SECONDLY. LEE JI AH IS BACK. Also, a lot of people (on twitter) seem to think it's Suryeon but it's not though. It's the twins' mom! At least S1 kinda hinted and prepared us for this revelation. Hmm. I do hope she'll be a friend instead of a foe for YH, Logan and gang. I hope she's back to take revenge for Suryeon and wipe Dantae off completely. 

THIRDLY. Gad, I was rooting for Dr Ha but looks like he became worst tHAN IN S1. ugh. how despicable and to think we were all rooting for him. 

FOURTHLY. Eunbyeol needs psychiatric help. Istg, this girl is going crazy. Like mother like daughter. And I know there's a preview of Seokhoon about to kiss Eunbyeol?? I'm pretty sure he's gonna pretend to fall for her/date her/flirt with her to get her to admit she's the one who "killed" (cause I still don't believe Rona's dead.. yet) Rona. So I'm really interested to know how Seokhoon will take his revenge too. 

FIFTHLY. I am still waiting to see a redemption arc for Seokyung. Sure, she's been a RickRoll'D so far but I wanna see more fight between her and Eunbyeol. 

Again, the above are just my opinions and I really really do hope Rona's still alive. (Which could explain why Hyeonsoo might be so cryptic about it on Ig. Like if she really left Penthouse, i'd expect her to say a farewell message on ig, but she hasn't (with only captions like #penthouse2 #baerona for now on her posts) so.. fingers cross!)

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

FIRSTLY. I really don't think Rona died. Like for now, I do think that YH and Logan probably might stash her away in America to recover first. Cause Rona's story HAS NO CLOSURE?! So I really really hope she's still alive. And I really hope the writer isn't stupid to completely kill Rona off esp when she knows that everyone LOVE Rona x Seokhoon 

I do feel that Logan might have taken her away to treat her abroad where she would be safer. 

I hope so because Rona is YH's whole world. So sad. But there's a big chance she really is gone. 

I think JDT took the necklace to use it on HC and SJ when the time comes. 

As for the new character, her vibe seems to be a different person. She isn't Suryeon. Hmm, did I remember it wrong? JDT told Suryeon the birth mom died. Was it a lie? How could she just walk in like she owns the place? Odd. 

Lastly, I want YH to stop pretending to be married to HC. He is no longer to be trusted. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, htk9207 said:

I do feel that Logan might have taken her away to treat her abroad where she would be safer. 

I hope so because Rona is YH's whole world. So sad. 

I think JDT took the necklace to use it on HC and SJ when the time comes. 

As for the new character, her vibe seems to be a different person. She isn't Suryeon. Hmm, did I remember it wrong? JDT told Suryeon the birth mom died. Was it a lie? How could she just walk in like she owns the place? Odd. 

I actually think that Logan and Rona might have planned this when they were still in America. Like before Rona came back, ofc they would have hatched a plan. This plan is between Rona and Logan ONLY. Based on YH's reaction, I don't think she knows of it. Which is better. So that Rona can concentrate on recovering while YH focuses on revenge (with Logan's help).

Yes, I don't think it's Suryeon. It's most likely the twins' mom. DT's words can't be trusted, he lies about everything, prolly including the existence of the twins' birth mom. So I'm pretty sure this lady is the real mom. I just hope she's here for revenge against DT. 

• Like 5

I may be in the minority here but I'm actually not that torn up about Rona dying. Ya it sucks obviously but I like how the writer has a vision and is going to stick to it. It's like SR dying at the end of season 1 , things don't always have a good nice ending, the bad guys don't always lose or get their comeuppance and high school sweethearts aren't always going to have a happy ever after. I mean there are tons of shows out there with enemies to lovers/ rich boy with poor girl/ bullies to lovers that I don't mind this relationship with Seok Hoon and Rona not working out

Penthouse is so absurd and over the top and I just like being on this crazy train and guessing where we are going next lol

Also, I was totally wrong about seo kyung being the one falling lol. Also, LOL at Dantae getting all the action.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Gretule said:

Yoon he literally has nothing to protect anymore, in a way she is finally feeling what Su Ryeon felt when her daughter was killed, in a way it's her karma for killing Anna. 

I really hope EB and both her parents end up in prison have no more hope for her dad he is too far gone, I think he was the one to cut the oxygen from Ro Na in the hospital.

Finally we have Lee Ji Ah back!!! I really hope it's actually Shim Su Ryeon I mean the timing would fit perfectly since Ro Na died now and Yoon Hee will need help, knowing how much she valued their friendship maybe that's why she came out of the hiding. I just want that Logan Lee and Su Ryeon ending let them be happy! They are the only innocent people really in the whole show who I can root for!

If rona dies, it is the beginning of the end of eugene's character oh yeon hee....

She wld have nothing to live for and wld most likely die by pulling seo jin down with her from the penthouse tower.

I mean it comes full circle if they die like that towards the end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lebritneeey said:

I actually think that Logan and Rona might have planned this when they were still in America. Like before Rona came back, ofc they would have hatched a plan. This plan is between Rona and Logan ONLY. Based on YH's reaction, I don't think she knows of it. Which is better. So that Rona can concentrate on recovering while YH focuses on revenge (with Logan's help).

Yes, I don't think it's Suryeon. It's most likely the twins' mom. DT's words can't be trusted, he lies about everything, prolly including the existence of the twins' birth mom. So I'm pretty sure this lady is the real mom. I just hope she's here for revenge against DT. 

I do hope you're right.

So much injustice and wrongdoing in this drama. The theme is about parents who would do just about anything for their kids, even cover-up their crimes. What a vicious cycle. SJ's dad covered her wrongdoing, now it's HC's turn in covering up for EB.

I guess the next focus would be on SK and SH. How they would react to their birth mom's return. Would it affect JDT?

• Like 2

This is so sad, I feel really sad. Ha Yoon Chul is my most hated character in all dramaland atm. I hope YoonHee slashes Eunbyeol next episode, she deserves it but the best way is to drive her crazy by pretending to be Rona and scaring her. Penthouse is annoying in that all the bad people always are on top, in other similar dramas, when one bad person wins, the good person also wins some bit in penthouse the bad is always on top and it’s so not fulfilling. 
YoonHee is a wild card now, there’s nothing she can’t do and I hope with Logan helping she can really destroy CSJ. I feel this season will focus more on SJ and the final season will be against JDT. 
Lee Ji ah new character is very ambiguous. We don’t know her motives and I hope Logan doesn’t fall into trap and tell her his plans too soon. She might be on Dan Tae's side for all we know.

I want to think Rona is really dead to prevent further heartbreak when Logan actually confirms she is dead. The person who unplugged Rona’s oxygen walks very similar to how Um KiJoon walks but I can’t find any motive for why Dante should kill Rona. Also the police officer at the station was looking at Yoon Hee in a very strange way and his clothes fit the one the oxygen unplugger (lol) was wearing. Maybe he saved her??

seok hoon no matter what do not kiss Eunbyeol. I can’t watch that

• Like 4