[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

5 hours ago, chococarmela said:

And honestly? Y’all treat Seok-Hun like he’s a god, but hate Rona as if she killed someone. You loveeee Jenny’s character development but still have a grudge against Rona and it’s very weird, it’s incredibly biased.

Lol ikr! As I said before, all the kids (except Rona) need to be punished. I can understand Rona screaming and complaining to her mother, but please give us less screentime of that.

7 hours ago, Songbae said:

I don't know why people hate yoonhee. Yes she killed Min Seol Ah but she wasn't in a right state of mind. I see it as a mistake and i still have second thoughts about her being the killer. Also she never really wanted to kill Suryeon. Her avenging Suryeon is not her being guilty about wanting to kill her. It is oh yoon hee wanting to avenge the only friend that she had. Also all oh yoon hee wanted to do was to give rona a good life and let's not forget that rona was a spoilt brat who snapped at her mother for everything

She betrayed SSR and commited adultery with JDT. She also switched sides. The fact that she betrayed SSR because she believed SSR used her, but in reality she gained a lot of benefits. Without the help of SSR, she couldn't even live in Hera Palace, and Rona might die because of the car crash.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, Songbae said:

Seokhoon needs therapy and also he should be honest with his sister. That girl needs a reality check. I just want him to be a better person and get out from his fathers grip. His character should not be a rich boy pining after a girl that looks like she is over him.

I don't even know whether someone will get through to her - she would just ruin everything. I think that SH has been suspicious about about the identity of his mom's murderer since he witnessed the give-and-take scene between his father and the yandere housemaid.

Like, SK couldn't believe that the housemaid killed her mother just because she treated them well - a look in the housemaid's room and that's pretty much a huge reality-check, but SK just doesn't want her current 'world' to crumble around her. She's too prideful and she's holding on that pride no matter what.

Same with her bullying the weak - she can't stand Eun Byeul but works with her, and the kids that bullied her when the Seol-A-Lynching incident came to public to bully the poor. Even in the same clique, she doesn't have much influence anymore.

Funny enough, where is Seok Hun all this time? How far did he cut ties with his sis? He's trying to get onto the right path by himself, that much can be said. But I don't think him being honest with his sis will help even one bit cuz she's in her own world and not even he can bring her out at this point.

Well deserved for Seok Kyung, I guess - instead of trying to understand her own mother, she let herself be wrapped up in her feelings, and stayed wrapped up in them. (To forgive someone like that takes a lot of mental restraint and discipline, but it's not impossible.)

I don't think that there was coercion when yoonchul picked cheong A over yunhee. He was thinking about himself alone and he got what he deserved a loveless marriage with a crazy cheater. 

Fair enough, I guess. I see. I wonder what he is up to.

Also i think it is weird how people forget about the lawyer, his wife and mari. Like i get that they are funny but they are also not good people either. And i am not a fan of the cheating arc that they might be in.

Actually, if the comedy trio can somehow break themselves apart, then I'd definitely like it - they deserve it for being the silent culprits and not stand up for what is moral and just, allowing themselves to be a gear in the chain of corruption.

9 hours ago, leegary said:

I couldn't watch the "eating" scene with Jeni I just couldn't stomach what they were doing to her.  It's amazing that they dont have school shootings in SK with that severe bullying, they always end up committing suicide.

I really felt for her and also couldn't watch the scene completely - I hope something good happens to Jenny, like the new-found golden voice Yun Hee personally vocal coaching her (and Ro Na of course), all the while the vocal coach of Eun Byeul, Seok Kyung and the gang starts failing at her jobs. And Jenny suddenly getting good grades because she has been studying with Ro Na.

I really wish Jenny won't change back her heart to evil that soon.

7 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

Can you have lust and passion without loving someone though? I think you should atleast like them in a certain sense?

I guess that is how prostitution works? Patricidal diva, in my eyes, just looks like an object with a certain worth to the psychopath. I just crack every day at how much the two fight on the topic of Oh Yun Hee and Ha Yun Cheul.

• Like 4

The contract marriage trope between Oh Yoon Hee and Ha Yoon-Cheol has brought me back to soompi... OMG They like each other!!:love: Did y'all see their little smiles in episode 2 after the elevator kiss, as they entered their apartment? I actually thought they'd gotten married for real because they were each others first loves who finally get together in addition to the obvious revenge. Then it turns out it was a plain old revenge contract marriage.... I was so excited at the little smiles!! At this point I'll excuse whatever they do as long as it brings them together, but I suspect Writernim will dash my hopes and their romance will end badly.

Strange how this drama has given me more kiss scenes than the average romance/romcom/ melodrama Kdrama so far.....:kisslevel:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

Can you have lust and passion without loving someone though? I think you should atleast like them in a certain sense?

That's a good question. I personally think you can defn have lust and passion without loving someone. Especially if you are a superficial sort of person like SJ and Dantae. It's like that's the depth their emotions can go for each other, know what I mean? They are physically attracted to each other but emotionally there's a disconnect.  They both use passion and sex to control and drive a relationship though lol. SJ seems to need more emotional assurance than Dantae who's very much about his goals and is practical. 

That's why I think she clung to her ex for so long. She's seen what he's capable of and what he's now giving YH(or so she thinks lol)

Ironically, YH seems more suited to Dantae emotionally. She's so used to being on her own for so long and doesn't seem as clingy as SJ.  She's also passionate and has needs lol 

SR was I think, indifferent to him ultimately. He never managed to overcome the deep love she had for her ex. And she TRIED i think to live up to this idea of being a good wife and loving her husband. But it was very much out of duty. She never loved him-which is why it was so easy for her to fall in love with her ex. When she called him,  it felt more like guilt that they were breaking a promised arranged marriage rather than omg, I'm breaking my boyfriend's heart. 

SR/Logan's relationship formed based on a common cause. They are both super similar as well so it's not suprising that their close union resulted in feelings.  Both fundamentally good but passive as hell- SR because of her personality, grief over her husband's death and her child in coma. Logan- because of his sickness primarily I think. But when provoked to action, they are lethal, cunning and calculating chaebols lol. Out of the three couples, their relationship seemed the most chaste and sincere.  In another lifetime, they would have probably been a good match. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Aolian said:

I don't even know whether someone will get through to her - she would just ruin everything. I think that SH has been suspicious about about the identity of his mom's murderer since he witnessed the give-and-take scene between his father and the yandere housemaid.

Like, SK couldn't believe that the housemaid killed her mother just because she treated them well - a look in the housemaid's room and that's pretty much a huge reality-check, but SK just doesn't want her current 'world' to crumble around her. She's too prideful and she's holding on that pride no matter what.

The only person that can get through to her is her mother, which is why I want to see her return. It's a makjang so it's still possible. I know SK loves her mother but because of the maid's manipulation she caused a drift between them. That's why she's acting out. It will be a bittersweet ending for the twins to reunite with their mother.    

---

I think Shim Su Ryeon is still the protagonist of the overall story. Even after death, she still drives the plot forward. It's still her story. Oh Yoon Hee is our defacto main character for Season 2. She acts as the audience surrogate. The protagonist and the main character can be two different people. 

• Like 6

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST
13 hours ago, Secretz said:

Lol ikr! As I said before, all the kids (except Rona) need to be punished. I can understand Rona screaming and complaining to her mother, but please give us less screentime of that.

She betrayed SSR and commited adultery with JDT. She also switched sides. The fact that she betrayed SSR because she believed SSR used her, but in reality she gained a lot of benefits. Without the help of SSR, she couldn't even live in Hera Palace, and Rona might die because of the car crash.

But Suryeon did use oh yoon hee. Oh yoon hee was wrong to switch sides but the both of them gained from it.

8 hours ago, Aolian said:

Right now suryeon needs to come back from death. Sometimes I get where SK is coming from. I am not a bully i have never bullied anyone but i did grow up with an abusive father and a mother who didn't do anything about it. I resented my mom a lot because i wished that she had done something about it. That is how SK felt when SR was alive. SR focused on the sick child and didn't really pay attention to the twins so when SK found out that SR wasn't her Biological mother it was heartbreaking. To SK she had a mother did nothing about the father's abuse even though the mother didn't know about it but SK thought that she knew about it. SR was the only motherly figure in her life so even though she resented her mother she still loved her. And also SK needs an excuse to hate RN so her admitting that Ms Yang killed her mother gets rid of that excuse. I feel that she doesn't want to be left behind. SK and Eunbyeol are pretty much the same but Eunbyeol needs help like right now. 

• Like 3

HI EVERYONE, I'm back FOR SEASON 2!!! 

Okay so I don't have a lot to say cause the first 2 eps were quite meh in my opinion. Except the scenes where Dr Ha and YH appeared in the damn freaking helicopter making everyone shocked LMAO. That was my favorite scene! Also, I'm pretty sure YH has some revenge plan with Dr Ha and Logan so I can't wait to see WHAT IS IT and WHO it involves! 

Gosh, that scene where the kids turned their back on Jenny tho. UGH reminds me of why I hated them in the first place. but kudos to Jenny for that character development. Now all I'm waiting for is Jenny teaming with Rona and breaking the rest. 

Seokyung being angry is understandable (as much as I hated how she threw water at YH and bullied Jenny) but hopefully when she finds out the truth that it was her dad all along, she'll turn her back on him and become nicer. 

Ah.. Eunbyeol.. All i can say is that i'm sure S2 Eunbyeol will become more crazy and manipulative like her mother. But oof, that mysterious guy in the closet though? My heart is anxiously hoping it's NOT Seokhoon.. 

Speaking of home boy, very little scenes of him so far so I have nothing really to say. Only that I'm still on the ship of SHxRona. 

Rona, poor girl having to live without her mom for 2 years, getting mistreated and ostracised by people :( I really can't wait to see what she's gonna do now that she's back at school! hopefully she'll be more stronger and fight back this time. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 2/20/2021 at 4:01 PM, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

I think it’s Rona that fell down the stairs, if you look closely around the neck of the victims you can see the outline of the earrings Rona is wearing. Also, when the parents first arrive at the scene Seo jin is there but when they’re all going down the stairs she’s no where to be seen so I think she went looking for Eunbyeol to get rid of evidence.

Spoiler

I think it's Rona too! The girl's hair looked like it was in the half up-half down hairstyle Rona was sporting earlier in the teaser.

spacer.png

also I wonder who was in Eunbyul's room :eyes:

• Like 2

The problem is, at this point ,there is no one to really care for, it doesn't matter who lives or dies when everything is an extreme, the acting way over the top,( though I am sure, as an actor, it still can be fun & many, though not all, are very good at their craft)) but there is no real shock value, very few layers, & without wanting to offend anyone, it concerns me that this type of extreme human hating violent drama is so popular - that deserves it's own study- says a lot about us as a society. For this reason, as someone from the industry, I am interested in where the writers will go...I still enjoy reading the posts & will peak in to see a bit of the show once in awhile to see if I change my mind...that there is a 3rd season is not enticing because, again, there is not enough human decency left in most characters to care - the writing, directing, acting, all produce a high-pitched monotone, ....it's an unending Penthouse version of " Lord of the Flies" & for many, knowing that so much violence & indifference is happening in real time, it is neither entertaining or redeeming

On 2/21/2021 at 8:01 AM, Dddddddnnnnnnrrrrrrrr said:

I think it’s Rona that fell down the stairs, if you look closely around the neck of the victims you can see the outline of the earrings Rona is wearing. Also, when the parents first arrive at the scene Seo jin is there but when they’re all going down the stairs she’s no where to be seen so I think she went looking for Eunbyeol to get rid of evidence.

Seo Jin bad nightmare, dream that Eunbyeol fell and died. Is another Kim Soon-ok corkscrew coastal rider. 

10 hours ago, Songbae said:

Right now suryeon needs to come back from death.

Suryeon will be back....for sure. When she saw the photo of the lady shoulder with a butterfly tattoo, she was shocked that her twin sister was the mother of that 2 kids. Suryeon sister died while giving birth.

1 hour ago, astoral said:

also I wonder who was in Eunbyul's room :eyes:

Eunbyul's playmate...a Lady. She became a lesbian because she hate man like her father, stepfather and the boy she love. Another conspiracy theory from Kim Soon-ok ????

• LOL 2

22 hours ago, Jillia said:

Eugene added that Shim Soo Ryeon hadn’t said anything else afterwards, commenting with a laugh, “They must really want Soo Ryeon to come back to life so badly if they came up with [those kinds of theories].”

They're not denying that Shim Su Ryeon isn't coming back.... so there's that.  

----

THE PENTHOUSE Season 1 Recap FAQ

Q: Why is Oh Yoon Hee getting away with murdering Min Seol-A?

A: As stated in Episode 21, Yoon Hee admits for her crime but she needs to get revenge on the ones that murdered Shim SuRyeon. She did say she'll get punished for the crimes that she committed.  

Q: What's with all these theories about the Butterfly Tattoo lady being SuRyeon's doppelganger/twin and birth mother of the Ju twins?

A: As stated in episode 20, Logan Lee found a photo of the butterfly tattoo lady which is not only is the birth mother of the Ju twins but claims that it looks Shim SuRyeon. It hints that there is someone out there that looks her. 

Q: Who took the video of CSJ pushing her father at the stairway?  

A: It has been shown in Episode 21 that Eun Byeol was the one that took the video.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, kboramint said:

Q: Who took the video of CSJ pushing her father at the stairway?

My conspiracy theory is  CSJ secretary. He told CSJ that he will delete the recording footage capture by the CCTV at the guardhouse. He will use it to threaten CSJ to the end of season 2. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MAHJONG KING said:

My conspiracy theory is  CSJ secretary. He told CSJ that he will delete the recording footage capture by the CCTV at the guardhouse. He will use it to threaten CSJ to the end of season 2. 

It was shown that EB took the video of the diva committing patricide. she was also at school and recorded it to actually help her mother be innocent but didn't know it would serve as a murder evidence. 

That is shown when EB wakes from her coma and starts saying she wants pasta with a lot of garlic. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aolian said:

It was shown that EB took the video of the diva committing patricide. she was also at school and recorded it to actually help her mother be innocent but didn't know it would serve as a murder evidence. 

When CSJ view the video clip inside her car, the clip looks very stable. Where else It was shown that EB witness the whole process and tried to take the video, she were so frighten and can see her hand shaking severely.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:38 AM, Gaia2u said:

The problem is, at this point ,there is no one to really care for, it doesn't matter who lives or dies when everything is an extreme, the acting way over the top,( though I am sure, as an actor, it still can be fun & many, though not all, are very good at their craft)) but there is no real shock value, very few layers, & without wanting to offend anyone, it concerns me that this type of extreme human hating violent drama is so popular - that deserves it's own study- says a lot about us as a society. For this reason, as someone from the industry, I am interested in where the writers will go...I still enjoy reading the posts & will peak in to see a bit of the show once in awhile to see if I change my mind...that there is a 3rd season is not enticing because, again, there is not enough human decency left in most characters to care - the writing, directing, acting, all produce a high-pitched monotone, ....it's an unending Penthouse version of " Lord of the Flies" & for many, knowing that so much violence & indifference is happening in real time, it is neither entertaining or redeeming

Yes, same here. Although the acting is so good, I just feel something is lacking here. Like, you don't have the character you root for and watch their journey/ development through the drama. Maybe Rona and Eunbyul, two kids still keep me interested until now.  

• Like 3

So I predict that the guy who EB gave the jacket to is LL. 

SH will be too predictable and would be the first person that comes to the viewers' minds. And if it was really him, his motive doesn't make sense.

As you can see in the preview YH told CSJ that her daughter EB is part of her plan. Maybe LL is approaching EB so he can receive any info from her.  Idk, this's just my theory. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Secretz said:

So I predict that the guy who EB gave the jacket to is LL. 

SH will be too predictable and would be the first person that comes to the viewers' minds. And if it was really him, his motive doesn't make sense.

As you can see in the preview YH told CSJ that her daughter EB is part of her plan. Maybe LL is approaching EB so he can receive any info from her.  Idk, this's just my theory. 

YH talking about EB could be a misdirect. Kind of like how the first teaser misdirected the viewers into thinking that YH was the one that threatened CSJ with vandalized posters.      

Also, I don't think that is LL. I think he's a new character. Someone that we never seen before. 

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

13e3cad2cf42ce7146df80198bb9f43bec52400e

Wait... Logan's yellow coat in the photos? There's a part of the teaser that shows what looks like this coat. Is he touching the shoulder of the butterfly tattoo lady?  

Anyway, based off the photos and her hair color, it looks like this scene happened prior to YH landing in with the helicopter with CEO Ha.  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2