[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

For some reason.... I was waiting for a redemption arc for CSJ? She has been getting more and more insane, however, something tells me that she realizes how terrible she treats her daughter and how evil she is. In the scene she killed her father, she tells him that the reason she's that RickRoll'D up is because of him (due to the way he raised her, etc). I thought Eunbyeol attempting suicide would be a wake-up call for her. The way she broke down after Yoonchul left her office on that phone call...damn, I thought she was going to ask someone to take off the foundation or something. Deeply disappointed that she had a hand in SSR's murder. I thought she would be teaming up with SSR to take OYH and JDT down.

Oh well, she was a richardsimmon anyways. Can't want to see CSJ and JDT get what they deserve in season 2.

Also...I wonder how the twins will react when they eventually find out that it was their father who killed SSR. Even if that wasn't SSR but their biological lookalike mother who died, they still be furious either way. Will they team up with the good side that's going to avenge Min Seol Ah and a maybe dead SSR?

Also... an unexpected show of kindness from Jenny? Why did the writers add that? Will there be a redemption arc for Jenny?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not circumvent the swearing filter, thanks!
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mina Rose said:

Even if that wasn't SSR but their biological lookalike mother who died, they still be furious either way. Will they team up with the good side that's going to avenge Min Seol Ah and a maybe dead SSR?

I've seen this theory float around. My question is how would the biological lookalike mother know that her son was in danger? 

----

If SSR is still alive? Who's going to find out first? Logan or Yoon-Hee?

Also, remember the drama never showed SSR's body like they did with KSA. Nor did they show her casket get cremated.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cassandra E. Bett said:

I'm also inclined to believe that perhaps DT's secretary is working with SR after DT treated him like a hunted animal. 

Maybe we have a secret ambulance switch going on and she's recovering in an unknown location?

This....I hope so...maybe she didn't die and there was a switcheroo?

6 hours ago, qynn said:

I think SSR might really be dead. The actress could always come back as a doppelganger. Logan can avenge Seol-ah and SSR. A new character, like the twin's mom, can be the new "good" character. 

I don't want her to really be dead because she was the only one I liked, but if she's alive, I wish the writer would have left a little more believable wiggle room. 

You know who I think might survive? Yoon Hee. Although how she will escape a prison sentence is the question.

And all through this last episode, I kept thinking, wow, Logan’s dad, way to go with being sketchy and mean to SeolAh. It meant basically causing no end of trouble and hurt all around. It’s like he was this big American businessman, but had no idea how wills work, and in the meantime, just threw away someone who was loyal and affectionate that he could easily have settled into a good job, marriage and a small trust fund, all of which would have been nothing much in exchange for saving his only son’s life.

questions: are we getting multiple seasons instead of lots of episodes at once because of covid? And what are the release dates for P2 and P3 exactly?  I know someone said February 12 for P2, but is that confirmed on the SBS site? I don’t read Hangul and never have luck searching those sites anyway, so any help is much appreciated because I’m hooked here! 

• Like 1

That scene where Seo-Jin melts down in her office after talking to Dr. Ha - the trembling lips, the barely suppressed screaming, the tears - that was pretty great. Yes, this show is about trash people acting trashy, but that was an amazing scene, right up there with her losing it after letting her father die.

Also, high-fives to the actress playing Eun-Byeol. She began the series as the blandest one, with no previous credits to her name compared to the other "kid" actors. Her turning into Evil Little Seo-Jin Clone was genuinely chilling. So Seo-Jin commits patricide and her child will sacrifice her in return. Karma!

JUDANTE! So. Freaking. Evil. I cracked up laughing when he switched to crying over Su-Ryeon's death in the interrogation room, after smirking and yawning. (Don't these interrogation rooms have video cameras? Oh well. It's PENTHOUSE!)

Let us also never forget how flippin' evil the Hera Club gang is. Gleefully cackling that Su-Ryeon's murder took the heat off them for covering up Min Seol-Ah's death. The way they were dancing at their party while their maids were clapping along (OMG, so crazy) - honestly, they looked like ghouls. Just because they might be slightly less evil than JUDANTE! - they did also wash off the blood after an innocent child died and moved her body and set it on fire - because they were afraid of their property values going down.

I loved that Je-Ni was being a tiny-bit nice to Ro-Na, bringing her food and stuff. I mean, it was surprising, but it's still nice to see that some of the kids are redeemable. Their parents sure aren't.

Logan Lee thinks he is Batman, I guess? LOVE IT. He is hilarious.

My guess for Season 2 is that both Su-Ryeon and Yun-Hui are miraculously alive. Because...  it's PENTHOUSE!

My last thought is about something that bugs me in K-dramas in general. If someone is lying there after being stabbed, you should not pull that knife out, and you should not move that body. You always see stuff like that in K-dramas, where someone gets hit by a car or something, and then someone else grabs them and shakes them, shouting, "Wake up!" Uhhh, internal injuries? Call the ambulance and stop touching them, please. (HAHA, hopefully no one ever has to deal with such things in real life, but I hate seeing that all the time. Once again, I'm the nut for demanding realism from PENTHOUSE!)

The most bonkers moment of the episode came at the very end when Su-Ryeon and Yun-Hui are on the boat doing that Titanic thing with each other. :lol: That is true love, eh?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

41 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

My guess for Season 2 is that both Su-Ryeon and Yun-Hui are miraculously alive. Because...  it's PENTHOUSE!

I don't think Yun-Hei actually died there in the scene. She has been stabbed in the neck before. 

Hi everyone! I've been following this topic for a while but I never left any comment before.

I want to say something about this drama. I've watched most of this writer drama. Based on many of her previous drama, I can guarantee that both SSR and OYJ are still alive. It's a makjang drama so there will be many unexpected plot twist.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

I want to say something about this drama. I've watched most of this writer drama. Based on many of her previous drama, I can guarantee that both SSR and OYJ are still alive. It's a makjang drama so there will be many unexpected plot twist.

I’ve thought that the only way SSR could be alive is that she staged the murder scene with help of Sec Jo, that was why she told OYH to run away. Sec Jo will have betrayed JDT like how JDT first sec did. Would be most likely that Sec Jo couldn’t take in anymore of JDT’s beatings everytime he made a mistake....and hiw did Logan escaped. Did JDT just release him like that?

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

I do agree. For the reference she is writer of Temptation of Wife which makjang of all makjang dramas (don't get me wrong, i love that drama). So, SSR and OYH is still alive. I cannot wait for the season 2 teaser, I hope they will release it soon. 

What a way to sustain the ratings!!!

Penthouse is a cashcow for SBS. Like the trashy characters in the story, the producers are also trashy for milking the ratings at whatever possible cost. But I'm gullible enough to keep watching. 

Oh yes, remember when Logan Lee talked to SSR about her rumors that she herself hadn't got a clue? A doppelganger is on the way. Brace yourselves.

• Like 1