Quantcast

[Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, the highlight of this week's episode was the last 10 mins of Ep 15. Kim So Yeon's brilliant acting, facial expressions of madness, relentlessness, anxiety, composure and guilt.   

Honestly, the melodramatics of both Rona and her mother are too much. They bring their troubles on themselves.   Rona, give up classical and go audition at a kpop agency. At least you will l

I`ve just finished episode 2 and it is officially for me. The worst drama choice for Kim So Yeon and I watched everything it was available from her projects. This drama is extremely ridiculous that ev

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

I won't be surprised Seo-Jin goes to prison after the first season but Joo Dun-Tae somehow doesn't. 

I think reverse, Seo-Jin won't go to prison but Dun-Tae will escape from police custody.

38 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

I heard SR other daughter IH will get plastic surgery to look like Min Seol Ah next season.

Not possible as Jo Soo-min currently contracted to KBS Royal Secret Agent till 2021

22 hours ago, lebritneeey said:

But wow, seeing DT and SJ getting arrested was veryyyyyyy satisfying. But why do I have a feeling they'll get away with it? sigh.

There is a saying in all movies or dramas, good people died early and left behind all the evil people. That's is how they extend, extend and extend their dramas.

• Like 2

Thanks @Jillia I don't know how to add TWEETS here 

Thanks for sharing the tweets:

Park Eun Seok as Logan Lee got an award--saw the tweet.

Yeah! The Actress as Jenny's mom (I think already mentioned)

Though it is a wild ride, I agree the acting is pretty good.

I am loving this drama as it is my one that is OVER the top but you cannot stop watching it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2020 SBS Drama Awards

1f9508268c0641a8b37cb64ac0bdfa0f.jpeg?s=

Top Excellence in Mid-length/Long drama (Actor): Uhm Ki-hoon (The Penthouse)

Top Excellence in Mid-length/Long drama (Actress): Kim So-yeon, Lee Ji-ah and Eugene (The Penthouse)

Excellence in Mid-length/Long drama (Actor): Bong Tae-gyu and Yoon Jong-hoon (The Penthouse)

Excellence in Mid-length/Long drama (Actress): Shin Eun-kyung (The Penthouse)

Supporting Award (Actor): Park Eun-seok (The Penthouse)

Child Actor Award: Kim Hyun-soo (The Penthouse)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446321wpp/winners-of-2020-sbs-drama-awards

Congratulations to all the winners! 

• Like 4

Winners Of 2020 SBS Drama Awards

The 2020 SBS Drama Awards celebrated many of the year’s top performances and shows!

The ceremony took place on December 31 at the SBS Prism Tower in Seoul, and it was hosted by Shin Dong Yup and Kim Yoo Jung.

Namgoong Min took the Daesang (Grand Prize) for his performance in “Stove League.” He shared his thanks and mentioned that the first time he’d had a fixed role on a show rather than performed as an extra was on the network SBS.

“After a lot of time has passed, I’ve received such a great award, so I’m so grateful and happy,” he said. He went on to share his thanks to his co-stars and the show’s staff, as well as writer Lee Shin Hwa.

“As I get older, I come to think about the people around me, the people who are always on my side,” he said. “My mother and father and my brother. My mother’s health was not good this year. Mother, please keep being healthy. I want to continue to be a filial son toward you.” He also shared his love and thanks to his girlfriend Jin Ah Reum, describing how she’s been by his side for a long time.

Namgoong Min said that he had wanted to receive a trophy so that he could say something at such an official event. “When I’m going through a hard time and lonely, when I’m lost in despair, I look around and see the people closest to me.”

He shared that he meant his staff, thanking them individually and saying, “Thank you and I love you. One thing that’s clear is that if it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be who I am today, and I think I wouldn’t be able to be standing in this spot.”

namgoong-min.jpeg
Check out the list of winners below!

Daesang (Grand Prize): Namgoong Min (“Stove League”)

Producers’ Award (chosen by producing directors): Joo Won (“Alice”)

Top Excellence in Mid-Length/Long Drama: Uhm Ki Joon, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, Lee Ji Ah (“The Penthouse”)

Top Excellence in Miniseries (Genre/Action): Joo Ji Hoon (“Hyena”), Kim Seo Hyung (“Nobody Knows”)

Top Excellence in Miniseries (Fantasy/Romance): Lee Min Ho (“The King: Eternal Monarch”), Park Eun Bin (“Do You Like Brahms?”)

Best Character Award: Oh Jung Se (“Stove League”), Choi Kang Hee (“Good Casting”)

Excellence in Mid-Length/Long Drama: Bong Tae Gyu, Yoon Jong Hoon, Shin Eun Kyung (“The Penthouse”)

Excellence in Miniseries (Genre/Action): Ahn Hyo Seop (“Dr. Romantic 2”), Lee Sung Kyung (“Dr. Romantic 2”)

Excellence in Miniseries (Fantasy/Romance): Kim Min Jae (“Do You Like Brahms?”), Kim Yoo Jung (“Backstreet Rookie”)

Best Couple Award: Park Eun Bin and Kim Min Jae (“Do You Like Brahms?”)

Supporting Actor Team Award: “Stove League” team

Supporting Actor Awards: Kim Joo Hyun (“Dr. Romantic 2”), Park Eun Suk (“The Penthouse”), Jin Kyung (“Dr. Romantic 2”

Child Actor Awards: Kim Hyun Soo (“The Penthouse”), Ahn Ji Ho (“Nobody Knows”)

Best New Actor Awards: Jo Byeong Gyu (“Stove League”), So Ju Yeon (“Dr. Romantic 2”)

The 2020 SBS Drama Awards will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446321wpp/winners-of-2020-sbs-drama-awards

• Like 4

Best Young Actress - Kim Hyun Soo - acceptance speech

Park Eun Seok winning Best Supporting Actor

Shin Eun Kyung winning Excellence Award.

Spoiler

Bong Tae Gyu and Yoon Jong Hoon's acceptance speeches.

Eugene, Kim So Yeon and Lee Ji Ah.

Spoiler

Uhm Ki Joon's acceptance speech.

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Technically YH could have blamed JDT for killing MSA.  she could have thrown the necklace away and washed her black blazer.  If she is a villain why didnt they make her as devious and crafty as the other evil ppl? She has always been impulsive and rash.  She even thought of killing MSA before by imagining pushing her down stairs. 

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Curlytop Asmr Lee said:

Technically YH could have blamed JDT for killing MSA.  she could have thrown the necklace away and washed her black blazer.  If she is a villain why didnt they make her as devious and crafty as the other evil ppl? She has always been impulsive and rash.  She even thought of killing MSA before by imagining pushing her down stairs. 

This is so true. But I feel like by season 2, she'll have wisened up a bit. I hope so.

• Like 1

I very much enjoyed seeing Seo-Jin and Dan-Te getting dragged away by law enforcement. It was incredibly satisfying to see smart people doing things the right way and getting the job done. (I realize that realistically, Seo-Jin and Dan-Te won't stay in jail for long, if at all, because Season 2 and 3 awaits.)

That is what Yun-Hui is completely incapable of. It's true that she is a victim of unfairness, and she has the right to fight back. But she's so ineffective and dumb about it, it's hard to support her.

For example, in Ep. 1, Je-Ni falsely accused Ro-Na of poisoning her. And this was BEFORE Yun-Hui reencountered Seo-Jin. People have been targeting Ro-Na already because they are jealous of her talent. But instead of being smart about this, Yun-Hui's reaction is to kick the middle school principal in his face and knocking his teeth out. Again, the anger is justified, but that's just a dumb thing to do.

More unfairness -

(1) Seo-Jin messed with Ro-Na's admission to Cheong-Ah by sabotaging her with Teacher Du-Gi.

(2) She also messed with Ro-Na's audition scores.

(3) Later, she even caused a CAR ACCIDENT so steal Ro-Na's solo. And for that one, Su-Ryeon even helpfully advised her - look into that car accident, it doesn't seem like a random accident! But did Yun-Hui do that? No.

So it's unfair that Ro-Na was waitlisted at Cheong-Ah, but the right answer is to try and hold Seo-Jin accountable for her corruption. Murdering Seol-Ah was - aside from being immoral and a crime - just stupid. It may get Ro-Na into the school, but it doesn't solve how people who are corrupt and powerful are working against Ro-Na every step of the way. If she wants to do her best for her child, then she has got to just stop being so stupid and naive. She's experienced all this in high school, she should have learned something.

I do realize that Yun-Hui didn't have a lot of financial resources or power, so there was only so much she could do. But it's not like she even tried to think about how to deal with it in a level-headed way. Instead she kicks the principal in his face? Or killing Seol-Ah? All just really boneheaded decisions.

And when Yun-Hui finally used her brain, she finally landed one genuine blow on Seo-Jin. And we know is that Seo-Jin is not invincible. She's pretty powerful and rich, but if the public finds out what a corrupt, trash person she is, she is totally vulnerable and so is her whole family.

--

Also, I was previously about 75% sure that Yun-Hui killed Seol-Ah, but now I'm much less sure.

Su-Ryeon's conclusion that Yun-Hui is the killer is based almost completely on Yun-Hui's guilty behavior AFTER she "remembered" killing Seol-Ah.

Seol-Ah had Yun-Hui's DNA underneath her fingernails. That is the ONLY physical evidence that Su-Ryeon has.

Su-Ryeon mentioned Yun-Hui's wound on her hand as the source of that DNA. But that wound was actually from Yun-Hui raging in Seo-Jin's office and breaking stuff.

So I think it's a feint that Yun-Hui believes she killed Seol-Ah. It's going to color her behavior from now on, but I think that it will be revealed that someone else killed her - but only after Yun-Hui has crossed over to the Dark Side, to the point of no return or something. (E.g., Dan-Te and Yun-Hui will get married, effectively making Ro-Na and Seok-Hun step-siblings and unable to date each other. :lol:)

--

Final comment is that for the "punishment," Logan Lee setup a DJ booth. And blew up a mannequin. :lol: You can have a Penthouse episode without something absolutely bonkers happening!

--

Happy New Year everyone!!!!

new year vintage GIF

• Like 4

There's two more episodes left to this season, and I think a lot of things won't get resolved. I don't think SSR or Logan Lee sent that video of Seo-Jin pushing her father down the stairs and I don't think they'll reveal who sent the video. I don't think they'll reveal who the woman with the butterfly tattoo is. Who is the twin's mother? I believe they want to reveal it at some point. I wouldn't be surprised if she was still alive.

• Like 1

“The Penthouse” Prepares To Say Goodbye To Season 1 With New Behind-The-Scenes Photos

As it heads into the final week of its first season, SBS’s “The Penthouse” has shared a fun glimpse behind the scenes of filming!

The cast of the smash hit drama—which has consistently earned No. 1 viewership ratings—recently cleaned up at the 2020 SBS Drama Awards, where the stars of “The Penthouse” seemed to snag almost every award for which they were eligible, with the exception of the Daesang (Grand Prize).

In response to its soaring popularity, “The Penthouse” confirmed last week that it would be returning with two more seasons, both of which will air on Fridays and Saturdays (instead of its current Monday-Tuesday time slot).

With just two episodes left to go in Season 1, the drama has released a new batch of behind-the-scenes photos of its cast as it races towards its season finale. Some of the photos capture the stars hard at work during filming, while others show a more playful side of the cast as they pose for photos with beaming smiles between takes.

The producers of the drama commented, “I think ‘The Penthouse’ cast’s extraordinary passion for acting and their strong, close-knit teamwork shone through, and that’s why the drama ended up receiving so much love. In 2021 as well, please keep an eye on the radiant, passionate acting of ‘The Penthouse’ squad, and be sure not to miss it.”

Check out the new photos of stars Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, S.E.S.’s Eugene, Uhm Ki Joon, Park Eun Suk, Yoon Jong Hoon, Bong Tae Gyu, Shin Eun Kyung, Kim Hyun Soo, Kim Young Dae, Han Ji Hyun, Choi Ye Bin, Jin Ji Hee, Ha Do Kwon, and Yoon Joo Hee below!

Lee-Ji-Ah-2.jpgKim-So-Yeon.jpg

Spoiler

Eugene.jpgEugene-2.jpgBong-Tae-Gyu.jpgUhm-Ki-Joon.jpgChoi-Ye-Bin-Shin-Eun-Kyung.jpgThe-Penthouse-2.jpgYoon-Jong-Hoon-Choi-Ye-Bin-Kim-So-Yeon.jKim-Hyun-Soo.jpgKim-Young-Dae.jpgHan-Ji-Hyun.jpgHa-Do-Kwon.jpgJin-Ji-Hee.jpgYoon-Jong-Hoon.jpgUhm-Ki-Joon-2.jpgLee-Ji-Ah.jpgYoon-Joo-Hee.jpgPark-Eun-Suk.jpg

The final two episodes of Season 1 of “The Penthouse” will air on January 4 and 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1446548wpp/the-penthouse-prepares-to-say-goodbye-to-season-1-with-new-behind-the-scenes-photos

• Like 2

I watch the drama award show and there seem to be some Frost between the three leading ladies particularly during the acceptance speech. My Eugene appeared to be wayyyy too apologetic concerning her acting during her acceptance speech. I hope I am over analyzing the situation, but I read body language fairly accurately most times. 

• Like 1

Hm i am not sure. I agree it was a little awkward and felt kinda cold.

It didn't feel like they were celebrating together. But they were also supposed to keep physical distance from each other. It's not like it was a surprise so that they would get overwhelmed by spontaneous joy and they could hugh each other. And you could sense that they were all super nervous. And i feel like they also tried to stay composed and 'elegant'? Even the dress choices were in line with their drama characters.

As for Eugene.. she has gotten a lot of malicious comments in the last few months. Usually not saying that she is bad but that she gets undeserved praise. So when the cast gets praise for their performances they would pick out Eugene and ask why she is mentioned as well. And the whole ex idol stigma. And now she is in the siutation where she literally stands next to them and shares an award with them where people could ask again why she is included.

That probably affected her. And maybe the constant comparison affected the relationship between the three actresses as well. It does feel different to their appearance on Running Man together.

Oh and they could have given them the award like they did with Oh Jung-se but they introduced it like they were going up against each other. Also kinda weird.

I personally was really impressed by Eugene performance last week. I think korean audiences as well. Not sure when the award show was taped.

Anyway you might be right but i want to see them in a more natural enviroment before i further judge.

I was happy to see Kim Soyeon on the top of this brand reputation index (for whatever that's worth..) But who would have guessed that one year ago? I am repeating myself but as fans we can be super happy how this turned out. 

edit: Oh lol i thought this is the ksy fan thread haha :D 

To get a little ontopic.

Can we do a Poll: Do you think Yoon-Hee is the killer?

That would be interesting imo.

• Like 2

well said Fabbo...probably they were just nervous...but for sure they're supporting each other as as a team probably it all depends on how we see it but with LJA and KSY I feel that they are also very supportive of Eugene and vice versa...all 3 of them did a great job and the rest of the casts as well...goodluck in season 2 & 3 ...still puzzled who killed MSA? for KSY a villain role gave her so much recognitions that she deserved congrats.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Fabbo said:

To get a little ontopic.

Can we do a Poll: Do you think Yoon-Hee is the killer?

That would be interesting imo.

Yes, but even if she didn't. She still betrayed SSR. BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if the final episode shows Hera Palace burning down in flames. 

• Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST