Quantcast

[Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, the melodramatics of both Rona and her mother are too much. They bring their troubles on themselves.   Rona, give up classical and go audition at a kpop agency. At least you will l

Yeah, the highlight of this week's episode was the last 10 mins of Ep 15. Kim So Yeon's brilliant acting, facial expressions of madness, relentlessness, anxiety, composure and guilt.   

I`ve just finished episode 2 and it is officially for me. The worst drama choice for Kim So Yeon and I watched everything it was available from her projects. This drama is extremely ridiculous that ev

Thanks @Jillia for tomorrow's preview

Here are more clips for today in the SPOILER tag

Spoiler

Thanks @Secretz for your good post on last week's episodes.

I just watched the episodes but had no time to gather my thoughts.

But overall I have to say despite everything---it is a snarky, fun, makjang ride I have to drop all sense of common sense for sure.

-Glad to see YH moving up in the world

-DT is so despicable

-Glad Dr Han knows his wife is cheating on him. We knew it was not a happy marriage but still how she acts so HOT and COLD. She really is perfect for DT

-The new teacher def likes to be a rebel and I agree he seems to be Anna Lee's brother she mentioned to DT.

-DT being onto his wife due to his lover (LOL) 

-DT wife and her new found sisterhood with YH , her manipulating YH for her needs (pretending to need consoling knowing DT is cheating on her. So good using that to her advantage, I have to give it to the wife.

Just so much hijinks and glad to hear LESS screaming and I hope it goes down more for future episodes but I guess that is a tall order.

I concur, what the heck, seasons 2 and 3? I think season 1 is enough for me. I agree with you @monalisa

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

So Jeny's mother is actually somebody who gets all her money from running an exclusive spa for the uber rich ladies down town in secret....that's something I did not see coming....so she is not any better than Yeon Hee. Today's episode had not much of Su Ryeon, tomorrow will, I must say I am excited. They are trying to redeem Seok Hoon but his bullying habits are too violent and too much to be ignored.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome 1
19 hours ago, monalisa said:

No, thank you to S2 and S3. Also, I am wondering if it's wise to have so many kissing and suggestive scenes with this pandemic still raging.  

Agree 100%, one season is more than enough of tension to tolerate!  S2 & S3 will only lead to more revenge more screamings, torture tearing all the families apart. Cannot imagine this can happen in real life about Korea culture, husband & wife taking revenge with each other, having affairs so openly with so much hatred in mind trying to outsmart another family and history repeats itself for the next generation to take revenge on behalf of their parents.

• Like 6

I just caught up with all the recent episodes, and I am hooked! This show felt like it was Sky Castle on steroids, but I'm still enjoying it, I'm mostly watching for Su Ryeon. I'm not very up for 2 more seasons because I can't bear to see them dragging the story any further. One season should've been enough, but they're milking the show, I guess. 

Not a big fan of how Bae Rona handles her classmates. For a smart person like her, she should know how to be cautious of the tricks the kids got up their sleeves. It also baffles me how she didn't bother to check her bag before leaving the house lol. I'm beginning to think that Logan Lee was Min Seol A's adoptive dad...? Did they reveal in the previous episodes what the adoptive parents' jobs were? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Another batsh!t episode. Doesn’t look like Dr Ha really shot anyone, which was disappointing. 

the kids’ drama is getting tedious and I wish it would end.

Dr. Ha only probably shot the roof, the floor, or some other part of the house. I don't think he killed anyone either, probably had a fistfight with Chairman Joo. 

The bullying is indeed becoming oba, I can't believe Bae Rona is that naive. So quick for her to immediately target the culprit, but she doesn't know how to get ahead of them.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1
9 hours ago, dairymilks said:

I just caught up with all the recent episodes, and I am hooked! This show felt like it was Sky Castle on steroids, but I'm still enjoying it, I'm mostly watching for Su Ryeon. I'm not very up for 2 more seasons because I can't bear to see them dragging the story any further. One season should've been enough, but they're milking the show, I guess. 

Not a big fan of how Bae Rona handles her classmates. For a smart person like her, she should know how to be cautious of the tricks the kids got up their sleeves. It also baffles me how she didn't bother to check her bag before leaving the house lol. I'm beginning to think that Logan Lee was Min Seol A's adoptive dad...? Did they reveal in the previous episodes what the adoptive parents' jobs were? 

No, Logan Lee is not Min Seol Ah's adoptive father but her adoptive brother who will seek revenge for his step-sister's death. He knows something for sure and to hide his real identity, he's pretending as a PE teacher Goo Hodong. I actually thought Ha Seokjin will play as Logan Lee but he's not. And based on Logan Lee's voice, he is definitely Gu Hodong.

I'm kinda excited on how Seokhoon and Rona will grow on each other. You will notice in the last episode that he's starting to care for Rona most especially when Jenny pushed her away. Seokhoon's face speaks really well.

But I will never forget what he did to Min Seol Ah. He's brutal and cruel just like his dad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This drama is so over the top yet I can’t stop watching. The bullying is ridiculous is it really like that in SK. At least BRN tried to fight back but those kids would be hospitalized if it were me. And she should know all their little tricks by now I wouldn’t let them snoop around in my room! And KSY character is crazy as hell always slapping ppl . Someone should slap her ! Come on YH u have to be more fierce.  Why would you let her . And KSY character should have served time for attempted murder. Who slices a throat and get away with it!

• Like 4

Lol...why is Jenny's dad in jail and not in Dubai? Oh my... so Jenny's mum saved those rich ladies' lives when she was poor.

So other than Soo-ryeon and Yoon-hee, now Dr Ha, Lawyer Lee (has Min Seol-ah's phone) and Seok-hoon also know about Dan-tae and Seo-jin's affair. Only a matter of time until the whole Hera palace gang finds out.

Looks like Logan Lee/Goo Ho-dang will be making Soo-ryeon's life harder... Nooo Logan Lee/Goo Ho-dang... Please give Soo-ryeon a chance to explain herself! 

------

“The Penthouse” Sees Jump In Ratings As It Hits New Personal Best

SBS’s “The Penthouse” continues to soar to new heights!

According to Nielsen Korea, the December 1 episode of “The Penthouse” recorded average nationwide ratings of 14.7 and 19.6 percent. This is a significant jump from its previous personal best of 16.9 percent. In the metropolitan area, the drama broke into the 20 percent with average ratings of 21.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1441284wpp/the-penthouse-sees-jump-in-ratings-as-it-hits-new-personal-best

• Like 3
5 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So is MSA dead or not?

I think she's dead, but some people are still traumatised. I don't think someone will survive after falling from such a high floor. 

I feel bad for SR, she has no one by her side atm.

DT's secretary died and there is some foreshadowing of YH or SR getting betrayed in the future.

Screenshot-20201202-140254.png

And for the potential teammate, Logan Lee, hates her due to some misunderstanding. Hopefully it wouldn't last long.

I'm really disappointed that the gunshot was his imagination. Istg y'all making everything seem so dramatic. I was expecting him to shoot the floor or something. Oh well, it's called a makjang drama for a reason. I hate HYC, he's unlikeable. I hope he doesn't end up with YH. Same goes to Rona and Seok Hoon. This doesn't fact the fact that he bullied MSA along with others. 

YH managed to weasel her way out everytime. The guy voted her to stay because she called her "brother"? What? 

Episode 11 was a bit better than episode 10, but not as good as other episodes. I really hope Season 2 is a complete different story, if it's a continuation of this, I'll stop watching.

• Like 4

Hello! So when Penthouse came out, I vowed never to watch it cause I am not a fan of makjangs lol! But curiosity got the best of me and I decided to watch it after seeing the leads guest on Running Man! Boy am I so freaking HOOKED on it?!

The first few episodes made me RAGE and ANGRY but then later on when we start to see Soo Ryeon starting her revenge plan, I started to get more excited only cause I wanna see Joo Dan Tae and Cheon Seojin get what they deserve lol. 

Also, I'm lowkey shipping Seokhoon and Rona heh! >< 

38 minutes ago, Secretz said:

I hate HYC, he's unlikeable. I hope he doesn't end up with YH. Same goes to Rona and Seok Hoon.

Same, I don't think it's a good idea for Dr Ha and Yoonhee to get back together. But for me, I'm lowkey shipping Rona and Seokhoon LOL. Probably cause the hopeless romantic in me is hoping for some sweet young love since the adults are all messed up and just plotting some good old revenge on one another. 

39 minutes ago, Secretz said:

The guy voted her to stay because she called her "brother"? What? 

Ah, the lawyer seems like a guy who falls easily for honeyed words, so I'm not exactly surprised at how he "melts" at Yoonhee's sweet talk lol!

6 hours ago, lilcrash said:

.why is Jenny's dad in jail and not in Dubai?

I actually thought she was having an affair with some guy in jail at first! LMAO but then I realised, it could be her husband all along?! this is hilarious.

6 hours ago, lilcrash said:

Looks like Logan Lee/Goo Ho-dang will be making Soo-ryeon's life harder... Nooo Logan Lee/Goo Ho-dang... Please give Soo-ryeon a chance to explain herself! 

He's under the impression that Sooryeon was a bad mother to Seolah and prolly abandoned her so I kinda understand his hatred for her. But i do hope she will be given a chance to explain herself and prolly ally with him to take down the gang!! 

• Like 6
17 hours ago, OhKneeBee TV said:

I'm kinda excited on how Seokhoon and Rona will grow on each other. You will notice in the last episode that he's starting to care for Rona most especially when Jenny pushed her away. Seokhoon's face speaks really well.

But I will never forget what he did to Min Seol Ah. He's brutal and cruel just like his dad.

ah!! the dilemma that I (and others) are facing! We start to see Seokhoon's gentle side as he start to fall for Rona.. but nevertheless, he's still like his dad! UGH. though i do hope for a major development for his character in the end. But their r/s kinda reminds me of The Great Seducer.. afterall, Seokhoon started helping Rona (with no intention to fall for her) because of his twin anyway.. hmm

• Like 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST