[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

14 hours ago, larus said:

I hope they release some news. They did not release all the casting news so far. Imagine how it will be to give casting anouncements when they `ve already finished shooting.:lol: They kept everything a secret. Not even a picture from the filming were available (except for some pictures from KSY`s fan).

They invested a lot of money. I am curious if they will wait for audience reaction to shoot the second season or they are very confident enough  and shoot the second season anyway. I hope it is the second scenario. I hate when there is an unfinish story and they don`t do another season because the first season was not succesful. The writer crazy makjang was popular so far. We`ll see.

I think they will shoot for season 2 anyway

as they already estimated the cost and filming started since April.

I am not the fan of the writer’s writing style as well,  it is too drama and makjang  but her most of  her family dramas are hit and have good rating.May be she knows Korean ahjumma tatse.

Excited how she will handle this one , writer nim u should handle with care and wisely not to wasting many excellent actors time and skill hahaa!

It is almost last one year as the first casting for penthouse released end of december  and will air in October 

Such a long wait huuuhu!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:00 AM, dsgam95 said:

I am not the fan of the writer’s writing style as well,  it is too drama and makjang  but her most of  her family dramas are hit and have good rating.May be she knows Korean ahjumma tatse.

It is not only ajumma taste. There are people who find crazy makjang entertaining. Unfortunetly for me, I don`t. But who knows, maybe this drama will the exception. (miracles happend) :w00t:  I wish it will be a success. At least the cast and crew will have a satisfaction after working hard.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:00 AM, dsgam95 said:

It is almost last one year as the first casting for penthouse released end of december  and will air in October 

Such a long wait huuuhu!

It is the first time I don`t mind waiting to see my girl in a drama. I even want to hear that she was done shooting for this and maybe she will get another drama offer. I wish. :D

There is a video from shooting (behind some window ) and we can see Uhm Ki Joon, Bong Tae Kyu and Yoon Jong Hoon (I am not sure about the latter).

Uhm Ki Joon is dressed like he is in a musical. :D

838ac9a6fa4f022544a00d5baa1aa8028ce9331d

52faa8ab9aa41a84e73d5000d2d9333909c691b5

the video is on Instagram.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Vehicles rushed to SBS'Penthouse' filming site… "The 5 staff members are seriously injured"

01.23124541.1.jpg

Traffic accident scene at Drama Shooting Site in Bangok-dong, Wonju on the 5th/Photo courtesy of Gangwon-do Fire Department

Traffic accident scene at Drama Shooting Site in Bangok-dong, Wonju on the 5th/Photo courtesy of Gangwon-do Fire Department
A drama prop vehicle rushes to the shooting site of the SBS TV drama'Penthouse', which is scheduled to air later this year, and an accident occurs in which five staff members are injured.

According to the Gangwon-do firefighting headquarters on the 6th, at 2:30 pm the day before, a small vehicle was rushing to the shooting site of the industrial complex in Bangok-dong, Wonju-si, and the staff was shooting.

One of the staff members was seriously injured due to an ankle fracture in the accident, and four were injured and taken to the hospital for treatment. Police are investigating the exact course of the accident.

The drama Penthouse is scheduled to be organized in August by the artist Kim Soon-ok, who deals with the myth of women's distorted desire and real estate success.

https://www.hankyung.com/society/article/2020070652097

That`s unfortunetly bad news. The car hit the staff members who were shooting?  I hope everyone will recover soon.

August broadcast? I thought it is October. Maybe it is a mistake from the journalist.

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:09 PM, larus said:

They invested a lot of money. I am curious if they will wait for audience reaction to shoot the second season or they are very confident enough  and shoot the second season anyway.

@larus Second season? This drama wil have two seasons? How many episodes does this have?  I like the actors here but I see The writer doesn't see to have a good rep? ( I've not watch Last Empress).  At least I want this drama to have quality wriing and fluid solid story. This drama has good cast.

On 6/30/2020 at 8:01 PM, larus said:

It looks like Penthouse will cost a lot to be produced. I hope it will be a drama worth of such investments.

Expensive production cost. You're right... this better be good. Why expensive? Location or.....?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jongski said:

Second season? This drama wil have two seasons? How many episodes does this have?  I like the actors here but I see The writer doesn't see to have a good rep? ( I've not watch Last Empress).  At least I want this drama to have quality wriing and fluid solid story. This drama has good cast.

Yes, it has two seasons. Both of 20 episodes. I don`t know why. I don`t even dare to imagine. About the writer.... don`t mind me. I hate her style of writing dramas. I am biased. She is a famous drama writer, had good ratings for many of her dramas. I did not watch any of her dramas but I read about some of her hit dramas and I watched some scenes. I found out quickly that she doesn`t write dramas that I can watch. If you read comments on her notorious dramas, people are divided. Either you love it, or hate it. There is a little space in between. :D While audience was interested, the critics described some of her dramas as "absurdly unrealistic". That`s crazy makjang. But her dramas have its fast-paced and unpredictable plots. It can hook the audience, that`s for sure. In most of her dramas there is this  soap opera formula where the main character (the good heroine) goes through trials and tribulations and the  villains are always a few steps ahead of the good guys (skimming and then skimming more) but get their dues in the end. 

I don`t know how it will be in Penthouse. And we`ll have two seasons. We`ll wait and see. We `ll see stories for the main cast (some rivalry but also friendships) and stories for the young generation. They have a good cast. Let`s hope for the best.

• Insightful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kim Soo Hyun received a coffee truck from Lee Sung  Min. They are from the same management agency.

Kim Soo Hyun plays in Penthouse the role of female protagonist (Eugene)`s daughter.

202007221130568010_1.jpg

202007221130568010_2.jpg

On the 22nd, Kim Hyun-soo posted two pictures on his SNS, along with the text "Coffee tea sent by Sung-min Sung. Thank you very much!"

The released photo is a certified shot of a coffee car arriving at the shooting site of the new drama'Penthouse' in SBS. Standing in front of a coffee car in pajama, Kim Hyun-soo smiles brightly, pointing at a cheering placard.
Kim Hyun-soo and Lee Seong-min are members of the same agency. He also appeared in the movie'Goodbye Single', which was released in 2016.

https://news.joins.com/article/23830996

https://newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202007221130568010

A picture from set. I think it is Seo Jin`s house/office because I see Kim so yeon`s picture on the wall. :D

1592643266839-5.jpg?type=w773

Spoiler

1592643266839-4.jpg?type=w773

KakaoTalk_20200620_183007810_18.jpg?type

KakaoTalk_20200620_183007810_13.jpg?type

KakaoTalk_20200620_183007810_14.jpg?type

https://blog.naver.com/sj7425home

b3298139cef5492561ff1db6c6bd932680683fb2

Pictures from filming with Eugene

source

• Like 1

Yoon Jong-hun was announced officially that he was cast in Penthouse. We knew that and even saw him filming. But it is good that they start to give some news to the press.

He reunites with the PD and Bong Tae Gyu after drama Return.

On the 23rd (today), a representative from YK Media Plus, the agency, announced to Bepriport that was cast in the new SBS drama Penthouse".

81694_40148_3651.jpg

Yoon Jong-hun continued to ties with the main PD who was with'Return'. He also showed off his loyalty by appearing in a special role as a terrorist in'The Empress's Dignity'.

On the other hand,'Penthouse', including Yoon Jong-hun, actor Uhm Ki-jun, and Bong Tae-gyu, confirmed their appearance.

https://www.segye.com/newsView/20200723516216

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsVIew/1Z5EYIGME7

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jongski said:

Fingers cross this will be a good. I like the actors appearing in this drama.

I hope it will be good also. If they want two seasons it must be good.

If Shin Sung Rok would not have stepped off the role, we would have three friends from Return on this drama. It is interesting that PD thought of Yoon Jong Hoon for a role. When I saw the shooting scene with him and Uhm Ki Joon and Bong Tae Kyu, I thought of Return.

• Like 2

Ha Dong kwon received a coffee truck from his fans

cfff531c0af29c2c4f2f7545f56f5b8de79de1a8

source

He commented.

Rainy weekend..#I received a thank you gift from the Penthouse shooting site. This is the first gift I received while acting on the drinks and cookies sent by the fan cafe.The person who lacks a lot and is an actor. I will reciprocate with a constant enthusiasm. Thank you so much. We pray for safety and health in the long rainy season. I express my heartfelt gratitude~~

• Like 1

Coffee truck for actor Yoon Jong Hoon from Find Me in Your Memory`s PD Oh Hyun Jong on the site of SBS drama Penthouse.

83bce90b87b8d79c3a68439ae4300b1f6eba3d8c

Actor Yoon Jong Hoon, who received a coffee tea gift from The Man's Memory director and director Lee Soo hyun.

source

I see Soyeon`s picture in the back. :P

On his Instagram page someone from his agency (i assume) posted recent pictures from his work, said that they are preparing hard for new work and promised  to give fans more details soon.

I don`t know if it is related to Penthouse because it was not mentioned but I hope it is. He is with a little girl (probably playing his younger daughter in the drama. It is an adorable picture. source

I hope there are sweet family scenes in the drama and not only dysfunctional family/ relationships or over the top crazyness/obsession  from some characters. Balance everything a little and It will be better (for me anyway) .

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

JJIN Homme is sponsoring the actor Yoon Jong-hoon in Penthouse. Their page uploaded two pictures with Yoon Jong Hoon wearing their suits. They say it is for family photography and wedding photography in the drama. They announced that SBS drama Penthouse will have a November premiere.

source 1

source 2

• Like 1

3f950c474e764294d0ca5bcf2b6d5eb219b0eb0d

Actors Park Hyunsuk , Lee Kanhee, Kim Doyeon and Chae Minhee sent coffee tea to actor Yoon Jonghoon's drama Penthouse set. You sent it with a nice phrase. On a hot day, the actors and staff members took a picture with a cool drink. Thank you again. #SBS Wolhwa Mini Series "Penthouse" Please look forward to
Corona 19 is on the rise again. We all bear a little bit and hope that this period will pass safely. Take care.

source

On 7/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, dsgam95 said:

I think they will shoot for season 2 anyway

as they already estimated the cost and filming started since April.

Excited how she will handle this one , writer nim u should handle with care and wisely not to wasting many excellent actors time and skill hahaa!

Such a long wait huuuhu!

I love revenge/makjang/lakorns, I find them addicting! I must be an ahjumma lmao oh wait I've said this in Fatal Promise page too before it started airing :joy:

Hopefully this will be as addicting as The Last Empress & Come! Jang Bo Ri - I loved those dramas so I'm hyped for this one! Meanwhile I'm watching Eugene's older drama A Hundred Year's Inheritance, I'm surprised by how young Lee Jung Jin looks there compared to in TKEM... 

There is a little information on Naver/ Wiki page about the rivalry between the female leads.

af0a8f5e9d0152401f0b157e0cd9b13932c39c87

"The 100-floor penthouse'Queen' vs.'Prima Donna' with a desire to devour everything VS 'Woman' running toward entering a high-class society."

The 100-floor penthouse Queen, the richest woman is Lee Ji ah`s character, Shim Su Ryun. The Prima Donna is Seo Jin, Kim So yeon`s character. She is the one who is always demanding, who wants more because she is never satisfied with what she has.

The "Woman" running toward entering the high class society is Eugene/Kim Yu Jin`s character, Oh Yoon Hee.

Seo Jin has a major conflict with Yoon hee but she is competing against Su Ryun too. We know that Yoon Hee and Su ryun have a friendship so Seo Jin has two rivals, not only one. :D From what I see, Seo Jin is the enemy of herself in the first place. She has a succesful career, she has two healthy and beautiful daughters, a husband who loves her, she is rich and it is not enough. She is not happy. Too bad.

I think they will release some news soon.

• Love 1

Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, And More Confirm For Upcoming SBS Drama

6ba866d9b365452ba63b53956fe56040.jpeg?s=

Sep 2, 2020
by R. Jun

SBS has revealed the main cast of their upcoming drama called “Penthouse” (literal title).

September 2, the network said the new Monday-Tuesday drama has been confirmed to air this year, and that the main cast includes Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, Uhm Ki Joon, Shin Eun Kyung, Bong Tae Gyu, Yoon Jong Hoon, Park Eun Seok, and Yoon Joo Hee.

“Penthouse” tells the story of a woman who strives to achieve her goal of entering high society by becoming the “queen” in the 100th floor penthouse in Gangnam, the pinnacle of success in her eyes, as well as women who had no choice but to become villains in order to protect themselves.

Creating the drama together are writer Kim Soon Ok (“Return,” “The Last Empress“) and director Joo Dong Min (“The Last Empress”).

Lee Ji Ah will be playing Shim Soo Ryeon, a graceful, elegant, dignified woman who has never once been poor in her life and is a bona fide penthouse queen.

Kim So Yeon is Cheon Seo Jin, a wealthy woman who is the epitome of showy and arrogant and who harbors a warped ambition.

Eugene, on the other hand, is Oh Yoon Hee, someone who has never once experienced wealth and who has lived her life with gritted teeth, having done any and every job she had the chance to do. Oh Yoon Hee does everything in her power to enter high society so that her child can have a better chance at success.

uhm-ki-joon-shin-eun-kyung-bong-tae-gyu.

Uhm Ki Joon plays Joo Dan Tae, a genius of real estate who rakes in money with every investment he makes. Joo Dan Tae is the husband of Shim Soo Ryeon, played by Lee Ji Ah.

Shin Eun Kyung plays Kang Ma Ri, a woman who has recently come into wealth and leads a secretive double life.

Bong Tae Gyu is Lee Kyu Jin, the only son — and momma’s boy — of a wealthy family of judges and lawyers, and is himself a lawyer at a law firm.

yoon-jong-hoon-park-eun-seok-yoon-joo-he

Yoon Jong Hoon is Ha Yoon Cheol, an ambitious man who believes that a man must hold wealth and power. He is the husband of Cheon Seo Jin, played by Kim So Yeon, and the head of surgery in the VIP department of the hospital where he works.

Park Eun Seok is Gu Ho Dong, a cunning physical education teacher at an arts school, and Yoon Joo Hee is Go Sang Ah, a former announcer and the wife of Lee Kyu Jin, played by Bong Tae Gyu.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1423058wpp/lee-ji-ah-kim-so-yeon-eugene-and-more-confirm-for-upcoming-sbs-drama

• Like 2

Actress Yujin visits the home theater after 5 years with SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse' (played by Kim Soon-ok, director Joo Dong-min).

1599010472674_1_103549.jpg

On the 2nd, Yujin's agency Incompany said, "Yujin is finalizing her appearance in the drama'Penthouse', which is scheduled to be broadcast in the second half of this year, and is in progress."

The drama'Penthouse' is a 100-floor penthouse'Queen','Prima Donna' of the desire to devour everything, and'Woman' struggling toward entering a high-class society.

It depicts the solidarity and revenge of women who had no choice but to become evil women to protect their children.

In the play, Eugene played the role of Yoonhee Oh, who risked her life to enter the upper class society. Yoonhee Oh is a person who has lived so repressively that he has never done anything. Eugene plans to transform into Oh Yoon-hee, who has a strong life force, who wants to enter a high-class society for the success of his child, and depicts a terrible maternal love.

http://www.inews24.com/view/1295735

From other articles it seems that Park Eun Seok`s character is changed. He is physical education teacher now and not an English teacher like in previous synopsis. They don`t mention about the rich background anymore.  I hope they will let him be a normal teacher and he is not a rich man disguised as a poor teacher. We`ll see.

Kim So-yeon confirmed to appear on SBS'Penthouse'... Confrontation with Eugene [Official]

2020090214095021072_1.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon appears in SBS's new Monday and Tuesday drama'Penthouse'.

'Penthouse', which is scheduled to be broadcast in the second half of this year, is an inaccessible queen of the 100-floor penthouse VS the prima donna of the desire to devour everything VS. It is a drama about real estate and education wars.

In the play, Kim So-yeon takes on the role of the perfect prima donna, Cheon Seo-jin, who is the crystal of splendor and prodigy with a natural gold spoon. She, who will reveal her perverse aspect of her desires, is going to create a confrontation with Yujin, who plays Oh Yoon-hee, and infuse tension into the play. Above all, viewers are paying attention to how Kim So-yeon draws Cheon Seo-jin, who faces a group of good and evil hidden deep inside human beings, and her appearance that has not been easily met so far.

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020090214095021072

http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=23862836

I hope that the writer will create a good character for Soyeon and the other cast members. I hope the writer gave the whole cast a good script. Fingers crossed. The article says that Seo Jin "faces a group of good and evil" traits. I wish it is true. I want a complex villain role for Soyeon.

I also like that it is woman centric drama.

• Like 2

https://zapzee.net/2020/09/02/lee-ji-ah-kim-so-yeon-eugene-and-more-to-join-in-new-drama-penthouse/
Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Eugene, and More to Join in New Drama ‘Penthouse’

by krishkim

SBS’s new drama Penthouse, which drew attention as the comeback project of “Makjang Queen” Kim Soon Ok, confirmed its cast.

Penthouse features a real estate and education war at the Gangnam District. It tells the story of women who became monsters to protect their children. Writer Kim Soon Ok, well-known for her makjang stories, will join hands with director Joo Dong Min once again following The Last Empress.

(Makjang drama means drama that includes extreme, unrealistic, abnormal or ridiculous situations and usually uses topics like birth secrets, potential incest, adultery, revenge, terminal illnesses, rape, murder, and suicide)

421E522E-D759-4987-88C5-B03C8DDA0C6E.jpg
Credit: SBS, Startoday

Lee Ji Ah will be playing “Penhouse Queen” Shim Soo Ryeon, a graceful, elegant, dignified woman who has never once been poor in her life. Kim So Yeon will take on the role of Cheon Seo Jin, a wealthy woman with warped ambition who is the epitome of showy and arrogant. Eugene will appear as Oh Yoon Hee, who does everything in her power to enter the high society so that her child can have a better chance.

Uhm Ki Joon plays Joo Dan Tae, a genius of real estate and Shim Soo Ryeon’s husband, while Shin Eun Kyung plays Kang Ma Ri, a woman who leads a secretive double life. Bong Tae Gyu will become Lee Kyu Jin, the only son of a wealthy family, a lawyer at a law firm, and the “ultimate” mama’s boy.

1EC1DD04-BA53-4692-8DC5-338260045AC8.jpg
Credit: SBS, Startoday

Yoon Jong Hoon plays doctor Ha Yoon Cheol, the husband of Cheon Seo Jin and an ambitious man who believes that a man must hold wealth and power. Park Eun Seok takes on the role of Gu Ho Dong, a physical education teacher at the high school, while Yoon Joo Hee is Go Sang Ah, a former announcer and the wife of Lee Kyu Jin.

The production team stressed that the story is “more addictive than ever before.” Then they added, “We will transform the small screen into a hot topic for Korean society. Please look forward to the birth of an all-time drama,” raising expectations.

Meanwhile, Penthouse will premiere later this year as a follow-up of Do You Like Brahms?.

Source (1, 2)

• Like 3