[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

1 hour ago, monalisa said:

When SR finds out that YH didn't help her daughter, would she take revenge on YH too?

This's what I'm concerned as well. I really hope that wasn't the case...

Maybe SR will forgive her since she helped Seol A before? Unlikely, but maybe.

Since we don't know the entire story yet, we'll just hope and see how it goes.

• Like 3

Am I the only who has noticed that in scenes post-Seol Ah's death where the camera comes up from behind the Hera statue, there are what appear to be blood stains on the back of the sculpture?

Not sure if the director is doing this on purpose to see if audiences catch on, but I also find it anatomically unreal given Seol Ah's fall. Her blood could not have splattered all the way to the backside of the statue. 

Edited by boafriendagain
  • Like 3

More season. More of the scream. Hey I don't make the rules :lol:

On 11/18/2020 at 2:20 AM, tulip06 said:

What is it with Bae Ro Na, why can’t she be smart and keep her mouth shut? 

Exactly my thoughts.  The constant shouting and screaming and whining. First thing I notice watching the episodes.. scream cry, shout, whine, yell. rinse, repeat :D

Spoiler

I actually Kim Hyun Soo who playing Rona. ...when character fits her . Unfortunate I don't  character in this drama.  tbh,  I've seen all the drama's she's  appeared because they're good  (Tree w/ deep roots, Kings Dream, Bridal Mask, Good Doctor, My love from the star, Joseon's Gunman and then as one of the leads in my fav Solomon's Perjury, she's aslo appeared in Rookie Hisorian.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:36 PM, Nyein Chan said:

I think one season is enough or I hope KSY quits. She deserves better roles.

Agree.  I prefer her characters in her previous dramas. I'm gonna check episodes.

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 6:28 PM, tulip06 said:

What’s that cool smart watch Eugene was wearing that recorded the criminal conversation? I loved it and want to get that too.

Me too. I am curious. It's a good watch for us/our loved ones. Anyone?

Hello everyone! :issohappy:
I binged through to the last available ep, and just love this drama to death! Especially love the characters of YH and SR. I'm so happy to see Eugene and Lee Ji Ah (Shin Eun Kyung too) back on the small screen. They are true actresses who can flesh out their roles in amazing ways. AJA! Nice to see Kim So Yeon, too. Another awesome actress, though I don't quite like her role here, it's a good change for her.

Back to the drama, I wish they, YH and SR, will really get their just revenge. That ending bit where YH walks into Hera Palace, whoa!

walk.gifCR: Justme09

It got me (and those watching with me) standing up and clapping for her! lol. That was so satisfying, even just as a viewer. Go YH! Go SR! :elated:

Patiently waiting for what's to unfold.

Thanks to all for your thoughts and updates. I will backtrack to catch up. :fullofhearts:

• Like 1

Can someone also fill me in on when Lee Ji-Ah's voice become so soft? Her voice almost sounds dubbed at some points due to how smooth and also whisper-like it is. I had to pull up her old work like "Style" and "Athena: Goddess of War" and her voice used to be much louder with more life to it. This isn't her acting either, as her voice sounds the same in interviews and BTS clips for this series.

Thanks @Jillia for tomorrow's preview

Here are more clips for today in the SPOILER tag

Spoiler

Thanks @Secretz for your good post on last week's episodes.

I just watched the episodes but had no time to gather my thoughts.

But overall I have to say despite everything---it is a snarky, fun, makjang ride I have to drop all sense of common sense for sure.

-Glad to see YH moving up in the world

-DT is so despicable

-Glad Dr Han knows his wife is cheating on him. We knew it was not a happy marriage but still how she acts so HOT and COLD. She really is perfect for DT

-The new teacher def likes to be a rebel and I agree he seems to be Anna Lee's brother she mentioned to DT.

-DT being onto his wife due to his lover (LOL) 

-DT wife and her new found sisterhood with YH , her manipulating YH for her needs (pretending to need consoling knowing DT is cheating on her. So good using that to her advantage, I have to give it to the wife.

Just so much hijinks and glad to hear LESS screaming and I hope it goes down more for future episodes but I guess that is a tall order.

I concur, what the heck, seasons 2 and 3? I think season 1 is enough for me. I agree with you @monalisa

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

So Jeny's mother is actually somebody who gets all her money from running an exclusive spa for the uber rich ladies down town in secret....that's something I did not see coming....so she is not any better than Yeon Hee. Today's episode had not much of Su Ryeon, tomorrow will, I must say I am excited. They are trying to redeem Seok Hoon but his bullying habits are too violent and too much to be ignored.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, monalisa said:

No, thank you to S2 and S3. Also, I am wondering if it's wise to have so many kissing and suggestive scenes with this pandemic still raging.  

Agree 100%, one season is more than enough of tension to tolerate!  S2 & S3 will only lead to more revenge more screamings, torture tearing all the families apart. Cannot imagine this can happen in real life about Korea culture, husband & wife taking revenge with each other, having affairs so openly with so much hatred in mind trying to outsmart another family and history repeats itself for the next generation to take revenge on behalf of their parents.

• Like 6

I just caught up with all the recent episodes, and I am hooked! This show felt like it was Sky Castle on steroids, but I'm still enjoying it, I'm mostly watching for Su Ryeon. I'm not very up for 2 more seasons because I can't bear to see them dragging the story any further. One season should've been enough, but they're milking the show, I guess. 

Not a big fan of how Bae Rona handles her classmates. For a smart person like her, she should know how to be cautious of the tricks the kids got up their sleeves. It also baffles me how she didn't bother to check her bag before leaving the house lol. I'm beginning to think that Logan Lee was Min Seol A's adoptive dad...? Did they reveal in the previous episodes what the adoptive parents' jobs were? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Another batsh!t episode. Doesn’t look like Dr Ha really shot anyone, which was disappointing. 

the kids’ drama is getting tedious and I wish it would end.

Dr. Ha only probably shot the roof, the floor, or some other part of the house. I don't think he killed anyone either, probably had a fistfight with Chairman Joo. 

The bullying is indeed becoming oba, I can't believe Bae Rona is that naive. So quick for her to immediately target the culprit, but she doesn't know how to get ahead of them.

• Like 1
  • Unamused 1

9 hours ago, dairymilks said:

I just caught up with all the recent episodes, and I am hooked! This show felt like it was Sky Castle on steroids, but I'm still enjoying it, I'm mostly watching for Su Ryeon. I'm not very up for 2 more seasons because I can't bear to see them dragging the story any further. One season should've been enough, but they're milking the show, I guess. 

Not a big fan of how Bae Rona handles her classmates. For a smart person like her, she should know how to be cautious of the tricks the kids got up their sleeves. It also baffles me how she didn't bother to check her bag before leaving the house lol. I'm beginning to think that Logan Lee was Min Seol A's adoptive dad...? Did they reveal in the previous episodes what the adoptive parents' jobs were? 

No, Logan Lee is not Min Seol Ah's adoptive father but her adoptive brother who will seek revenge for his step-sister's death. He knows something for sure and to hide his real identity, he's pretending as a PE teacher Goo Hodong. I actually thought Ha Seokjin will play as Logan Lee but he's not. And based on Logan Lee's voice, he is definitely Gu Hodong.

I'm kinda excited on how Seokhoon and Rona will grow on each other. You will notice in the last episode that he's starting to care for Rona most especially when Jenny pushed her away. Seokhoon's face speaks really well.

But I will never forget what he did to Min Seol Ah. He's brutal and cruel just like his dad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This drama is so over the top yet I can’t stop watching. The bullying is ridiculous is it really like that in SK. At least BRN tried to fight back but those kids would be hospitalized if it were me. And she should know all their little tricks by now I wouldn’t let them snoop around in my room! And KSY character is crazy as hell always slapping ppl . Someone should slap her ! Come on YH u have to be more fierce.  Why would you let her . And KSY character should have served time for attempted murder. Who slices a throat and get away with it!

• Like 4