Quantcast

[Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST - Season 2 premieres on February 19th

What is it with Bae Ro Na, why can’t she be smart and keep her mouth shut? 

I just dropped all regular scheduled programming to watch rewatch Grudge : Revolt of the Gumiho, and the 9 year olds in that show were smarter than any character written nowadays!

• Like 4
  • Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I`ve just finished episode 2 and it is officially for me. The worst drama choice for Kim So Yeon and I watched everything it was available from her projects. This drama is extremely ridiculous that ev

Honestly, the melodramatics of both Rona and her mother are too much. They bring their troubles on themselves.   Rona, give up classical and go audition at a kpop agency. At least you will l

Yeah, the highlight of this week's episode was the last 10 mins of Ep 15. Kim So Yeon's brilliant acting, facial expressions of madness, relentlessness, anxiety, composure and guilt.   

Indeed. I think we're supposed to root for Rona and Yoon-Hee, but it's very hard to root for them when they act so foolish and get themselves further into trouble.

It's like Yoon-Hee's conflict with Seo-Jin since they were young. When you're up against the person who is the Director of the school and his daughter, you have to know that the fight isn't fair so physically tussling with them just isn't smart.

I'm glad there is one smart person on this show, Soo-Ryeon, who knows how to play the long game. 

A few random thoughts:

Okay, the main men's idea of a good time is to kidnap and tie up a person they do not like and pretend to run him over with a car. When the sadism is dialed to 11 at all times like this, it's not possible to be shocked by anything, because your mind becomes numb.

It's like how the kids all get into a knock-down drag-out brawl every single day at this school. It's just boring.

I really don't hate everything quite yet.

I felt genuinely happy for Yoon-Hee when she didn't stamp that real estate contract. She finally gets a win. I hope this means Rona will stop being a brat to her mom for... one episode, hopefully?

Dante's relationship with Seo-Jin is ... just hilarious. When they kiss and say "I love you," it's just so funny. Can a psychotic monster really love someone? I mean, she's falling for this?

As previously suspected, Soo-Ryeon was the one with family money, which is probably why Dante wanted to marry her. She also has more brains than everyone in this entire show put together.

I guess I will enjoy seeing the bad people suffer eventually.

And I like it when they sing opera. Even though they are lip syncing, and everyone's obsession with it is grating, I do enjoy that part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sad no ep 8.

@yellowreign Thanks for your thoughts on ep6

@tulip06 OMG me TOO! I was like RO NA please dial down the screaming. YH and RN were just TOO much screaming and shrieking. I was thinking RN -entitled and spoiled brat. What have you done to help or understand your mom? You are just too much. Throwing the food your mom made for you in the trash, so ungrateful. I really cannot be behind her AT all. She was lucky she was saved by the new teacher too. She totally is walking into the twin's trap.

@chickfactor Thanks my friend. YUP makes sense DT is controlling SR money. The look on Jenny's mm and the newscaster wife face realizing the REAL money was SR.  Dang control freak and money makes people cruel. But we knew he was CRUEL getting the money. I mean he murdered SR husband, switched SR birth baby with a sickly baby, sickly punched and abused SA when she was in the boiler/mechanical room. He is so sick. Yeah to help that Mamma's boy lawyer after winning the bet, so childish and brutish to terrorize that man and make him stop dating?! (Seriously cause the Lawyer is in LUST and cannot have her and is jealous of the younger talented Lawyer. So sick to my stomach of these bullies.) 

DR Han I did half like too as he helped YH pay off 100K to his wife (quietly until it got blown up) or stood as YH alibi. I have to admit he TRIED to reconcile with SJ for EB. But then to have jealous DT (after dumping his wife) to not standing they were having a date night and sabotage it.

Yeah DT and Dr Han's wife DESERVE each other. These two don't know what REAL love is anyways.

I agree I want just desserts to the EVIL characters.

@tulip06 I love Eugene too but this role she is too shrill at times I am wondering too where the sweet real Eugene is behind her character YH.

@chococarmela I guess SR started actions slowly this past ep 6. But still slow and taking her time.

Her stepping in to help the kids. It seems like a FIRST. They cannot believe it either, I couldn't too.  Wow for her to intrude. too Suspect.

@Secretz OMG me too I was glad YH was taking her SWEET time to NOT stamp the document. So when the news broke out as she was about to stamp---YES there is JUSTICE. Saved by the bell!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

What is wrong with Co-Rona, you know full well your mom and the head of your school don't get along, have history of feuding and she doesn't like you and half the school kids, moms, dads are waiting to throw you out and yet you think picking fight with her is the right thing to do? I can't believe this weird RickRoll'D show thought it was a good idea to kill off Min Seo-Ah to keep this waste of oxygen Ro-Na alive. I actually was hoping she'd fall, go into coma and we'd be spared her stupidity and screeches. That aside I am happy for Yoon-Hee, all display of stupidity aside, she does seem like one of the few kind people that you can root for. So, Soo Ryeon came from chaebol background and she is taking back control. That was no accident her running into those two wannabe rich snobs. She timed it, I think she has a plan in motion to show Seo Jin her place. I am frankly looking forward to it.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Hello chingus, I started this drama because of ratings but I am not sure If I should keep on this makjang of the makjangs. I hate everyone (Also screamings) except LJA’s character. Maybe I should just read your comments to keep me updated. Btw this drama has 2 seasons. Does it mean we will not see their revenge at the end of season 1 ?!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

@Nymeria289 OMG me too! I cannot wait til SR really shows us her TEETH. I mean DT knows something afoot as she was so PASSIVE all these years. So to have her want to take over her parent's biz (that is RIGHT get back your money/assets) from the BULLY.

Also I agree her talking to the two other to the two other wives show who is BOSS. Not only SJ comes from a good family. I mean would DT marry someone not worthy without ---specs--money, background or pedigree? What pedigree is he though? I wonder.

Yeah I agree with all, RN is ridiculous screaming and yelling at those in POWER and you already at HUGE disadvantage and lacking in money, prestige and power---very dumb MOVE in deed.

EB was a bit scary. Her forcing her parents to reconcile (then again any child if they love their parents and think they should be together ) would think that. Aside from her weak personality, and wishy washy ways, I don't have much respect to her.

The sister having her twin bro be nice to RN, omg I was thinking him coming from LEFT FIELD helping her over the gate (1) why would he do that? 2) offering the seat next to him DEF out of character. RN is too trusting . Yeah makes sense the sis is not happy with EB as it is to her--her against EB for the trophy. SK should know she is at disadvantage too as SJ is NOT your mom. 

DR Han showing his being upset finding out SJ lied to him. (I too was surprised how UPSET he was. I mean she is beautiful , headstrong and willful.  If not for DT trying to play with her , she being the willing participant she SHOULD have been with him. (But then it would NOT be Penthhouse-this crazy drama).

What's up with the new teacher? Glad he saved RN (though I am hoping she can tone down her BRATTY ness and yelling. My bleeding ears can only take so much.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

EVENT: Guess the k-drama (game)

Chingus, it's time for a little friendly game. Your Event Organizers "I Love Gossip" and "Give Me the Goss" have written clues, you guess which dramas we are referring to.

Come on over and test your k-drama knowledge!:kiss_wink:

re: @Lmangla

• Where's My Oppa? 1

I’m so confused as to how Yoon-Hee became rich? Like what? What happened? That whole part was confusing as hell.

On 11/17/2020 at 3:18 PM, Nodame said:

I guess SR started actions slowly this past ep 6. But still slow and taking her time.

Her stepping in to help the kids. It seems like a FIRST. They cannot believe it either, I couldn't too.  Wow for her to intrude. too Suspect.

SR is very smart, I’ll give her that.

Also, EB is super scary. I can’t help but like her mom though... and her dad.

• Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

@chococarmela Yoon Hee got rich as she bought Anna Lee's old apt. As they are going to do redevelopment , if she then sold the house (the developers (need that apt /land) so they will pay MORE than the normal price prior the announcement to get it.

So that is why they were DELAYING as much as possible to announce and have that slimy lawyer had to HIDE to try to get it ASAP. 

Clips for today's episode 

More under spoiler tag that came out so far

Spoiler

@chococarmela Yoon Hee got rich as she bought Anna Lee's old apt. As they are going to do redevelopment , if she then sold the house (the developers (need that apt /land) so they will pay MORE than the normal price prior the announcement to get it.

So that is why they were DELAYING as much as possible to announce and have that slimy lawyer had to HIDE to try to get it ASAP. 

Clips for today's episode 

More under spoiler tag that came out so far

Spoiler

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nodame said:

Yoon Hee got rich as she bought Anna Lee's old apt. As they are going to do redevelopment , if she then sold the house (the developers (need that apt /land) so they will pay MORE than the normal price prior the announcement to get it.

Oh! Wow, that was pretty smart of her to do! One point for Yoon-Hee

• Like 1

@chococarmela Lee Ji Ah's character gave a tip to YH to buy the apartment as it was Anna Lee's apt (the dead tutor's old place). As we know, Ro Na her daughter had a FIT about her buying it. Also the PRICE was affordable as the former tenant had passed away.

So YH did not know it would be part of the redevelopment but Lee Ji Ah's character knew and she wanted to throw a wrench on her hubby's plans. Also she appreciated YH protecting her bio daughter Anna Lee, when she couldn't or did not know then what she knows now. 

YH was on the verge of selling from Ro Na's pressure and mounting pressure from the loan sharks. So YES when the announcement was made and she did NOT put down her name stamp, pure awesomeness. YH got to have a reprieve and know she will make MORE than what she paid and be able to pay off the loan sharks and make a handsome profit.

I cannot wait to watch tonight later as I am still at work.

• Thanks 2

Do not tell me that YH did not help Min Seol A that day. 

I was actually hoping that SR and her can join hands, especially when we got some foreshadowing that she met Seol A that day, but I still have a glimmer of hope.

I really hope the dog doesn't die...

• Like 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스 - Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST - Season 2 premieres on February 19th