[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

2 hours ago, larus said:

It seems that you don`t have much faith.  I remember someone commenting, when she saw Shin Sung Rok, Shin Eun Kyung and Oh Man seok being courted for this drama, that she doesn`t know who to trust. :D With this writer, we don`t trust anyone.

Lol. Maybe that was me. I don't know who to trust with all the villains cast in this. Include psycho Bong Tae Gyu from Return and there will be so many evil characters in one drama....ala Suicide Squad. Hahahaha 

2 hours ago, larus said:

I expect a different role for him. I wish they did not cast him in similar role so soon but we`ll see. The synopsis says that he has a secret or it is another man who has the secret. I hope it is not a dead body again. :lol: Unfortunetly, there will be a dead body. Someone else will hide it this time. I hope the writer toned down the craziness.

He has many different roles. It's just the cray2 rich roles are the ones viewers remember most. I hope he's not the killer or an accomplice in this. Be nice. Please. And smile lots. I was deprived of smiles in Vagabond :lol:

wV5DvX.gif

• Like 3

13 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Lol. Maybe that was me. I don't know who to trust with all the villains cast in this. Include psycho Bong Tae Gyu from Return and there will be so many evil characters in one drama....ala Suicide Squad. Hahahaha 

Yeah, Except Eugene and the young actors, all the cast have been villains before. Remarkable villains.;) I am curious who will be in TEAM BADDIE this time. My girl can not be the only one. :lol:

13 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

He has many different roles. It's just the cray2 rich roles are the ones viewers remember most. I hope he's not the killer or an accomplice in this. Be nice. Please. And smile lots. I was deprived of smiles in Vagabond 

I know that he had many roles. He was the male lead in a romantic comedy recently. When the same PD or writer gives you similar roles consecutively, there is not need for the audience to ask who will be the writer`s next "psycho". That`s why I hope she will change the  tune (If I was the writer, I would change the type of characters from my previous dramas.) So far, Heo Sung-tae and Shin Eun Kyung have reversed roles from their previous work. Corection. It is not sure about Shin Eun Kyung. We`ll see. 

• LOL 1

Another cast news. It is getting more interesting. How many lead roles are there?:) I have a feeling that he will be the main male lead, paired with Eugene. Or maybe it will be a love triangle? Another posibility, this American- Korean character is linked with Lee Ji ah`s story. We`ll see.

Actor Ha Seok-jin is positively reviewing Kim Soon-ok's upcoming Penthouse appearance.

98456767.1.jpg

"Haseokjin decided to return to the main character of the SBS drama" Penthouse, "and" Penthouse "will be organized as an August drama." It is reported that Ha Seok-jin was offered the Logan Lee's only son, the success story of the Korean-American family, the rich man of the US real estate, and the famous theater owner James Lee.

https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20200203/99509688/1

It was a mistake in the Google translation. His character is Logan Lee, the son of James Lee.

His father will appear as well? So many characters!

More about his character

Logan Lee-the only son of a real estate rich man and famous theater owner James Lee. It is the king of the end of the second generation of the tycoon chaebol, and it is known as the world-class celestial baby. After getting sick, he cleans up everything and returns to Korea, where he is born as a completely different person, an art high school contract English teacher.

Now I think I get it. He is hiding as a poor teacher?  Here is the connection with our poor heroine. I suspect they met before she is trying to get rich. There are feelings involved? How lucky of her! :phew: Classic fairy tale. He is the rich man who understood that being rich is not what is important in life. I assume he will make the heroine see what is important after all.

But let not be too imaginative. There are other characters who we don`t know anything.

• Like 4

Speaking of reunions in this drama, I found out that Ha Suk Jin and Lee Ji ah were a couple on screen in The Woman Who Married Three Times. Ha Suk Jin and Eugene played together in comedy film Unstoppable Marriage in 2007 as well. 

From the synopsis, it seems that Ha Suk Jin will be linked with the heroine`s story but he could have scenes with Lee Ji Ah as well. I am curious what role she will play. I am sure the characters have links with multiple characters.

Did the writer wanted to reunite the former couples in her new drama or it was just a coincidence? Is Eugene &  Shin Sung Rok and Ha Suk Jin &Lee Ji ah or viceversa? A quadruple tie? :) Just a curiousity. Doesn`t matter much.

• Like 4

Ha Suk Jin Joins the Clown Car Packed 7 Leading Actors and Actresses in SBS Drama Penthouse

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/02/04/ha-suk-jin-joins-the-clown-car-packed-7-leading-actors-and-actresses-in-sbs-drama-penthouse/

Ha Seok-jin in Talks to Join "Penthouse"

2020/02/03 | Permalink | Source

photo1149277.jpg

Actor Ha Seok-jin is considering "Penthouse".

"Penthouse" is a story about a woman's desire, motherhood, and real estate success towards the entrance of high society. Ha Seok-jin was offered the role of Logan Lee, the only son of James Lee, a Korean-American success story and a wealthy American real estate owner.

"Penthouse" is written by Kim Soon-ok and directed by Joo Dong-min, who reunite once again after "The Last Empress".

Other cast members currently attached in various stages of confirmation are Lee Ji-ah, Eugene, Kim So-yeon, Bong Tae-gyu and Shin Sung-rok.

https://www.hancinema.net/ha-seok-jin-in-talks-to-join-penthouse-138332.html

Obviously, Jason Lee is the good guy in this drama. It is the moral compass for the heroine (I believe). Maybe he has connection with other character beside her. But I have one question. Is he still ill? He returns to Korea after he is getting sick but I hope it is not cancer or other incurable disease.

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Penthouse, 펜트하우스 - Lee Ji Ah, Shin Sung Rok, Eugene - Premieres in August
21 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

This drama has so many big names attached. I'm genuinely curious how they'll make it work...storywise and businesswise 

Businesswise? You mean how they will pay for all the actors just like how Koala was asking in her article?

Maybe they will pay them for the minutes they appear. If they will appear 2-3 minutes in each episodes (because they are so many lead actors), they won`t be payed that much. :D

• Like 1

Shin Sung-rok to reunite with ‘The Last Empress’ creators in ‘Penthouse’

62fa7fcd9dde933a7c43720a0fcf0390?s=20&d=mm&r=g IndoorEnthusiast February 7, 2020

Shin Sung-rok will star in a new drama called Penthouse, his agency HB Entertainment announced on February 1.

The actor will be reuniting with screenwriter Kim Soon-ok and director Joo Dong-min of the 2018-2019 drama The Last Empress in which he played a lead role opposite Jang Na-ra and Choi Jin-hyuk.

Penthouse will chronicle the rise of an ambitious businesswoman and mother who works in the real estate industry. She desires to own a luxury penthouse in Gangnam, which is said to be a marker of wealth and status in South Korea. In her pursuit of status and success, the woman starts to turn into a monster.

Shin Sung-rok has signed up for the role of an investment company CEO who has a knack for predicting the ups and downs in the real estate business. The actor was last seen playing a lead role in Perfume last year.

Meanwhile, Eugene, a former member of the Girl group S.E.S, is currently in talks to take on the lead role. If she agrees, this will become her drama comeback in almost four years. She was last seen in the 2015-2016 drama All About My Mom.

https://www.kdramapal.com/shin-sung-rok-reunite-the-last-empress-creators-penthouse/

"Penthouse will chronicle the rise of an ambitious businesswoman and mother who works in the real estate industry."

So the heroine is a mother? Is she married? Divorced? Single mother?

So far we know that Shin Eun Kyung and Heo Sung-Tae play parents to Jin Ji-hee`s character. There are other young actors in this drama. I wonder if they will be the children of the other leads. It will be like in Sky Castle? I am curious to find out more about the other characters. When there will be another confirmation? :)

• Like 1

Thank you to @0ly40 for starting the thread.
Waving to everyone else here says-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif

I am liking the female cast of this Drama, and Oh Man-Seok, Heo Sung-tae will give it a try .

Cast Updated for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Penthouse"

fullsizephoto1152078.jpg

Cast updated for the upcoming Korean drama "Penthouse" (2020)

Directed by Joo Dong-min

Written by Kim Soon-ok

Network: SBS

With Kim So-yeon, Shin Sung-rok, Ha Seok-jin, Eugene, Lee Ji-ah, Oh Man-seok,... More

20 episodes - Mon, Tue 21:40
Synopsis
A story about a woman's desire, motherhood, and real estate success towards the entrance of high society.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2020/08

source

• Like 3

5 hours ago, irilight said:

I am liking the female cast of this Drama, and Oh Man-Seok, Heo Sung-tae will give it a try .

They have a good ensemble cast. Let see how the writer utilizes them. I have an incompatibility with this writer but I still hope she will do a good job and everyone of her cast will be pleased.

I expect to enjoy the fashion. At least, I hope.

Let see who is translating this drama.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 7:59 PM, larus said:

They have a good ensemble cast. Let see how the writer utilizes them. I have an incompatibility with this writer but I still hope she will do a good job and everyone of her cast will be pleased.

I expect to enjoy the fashion. At least, I hope.

Let see who is translating this drama.

I wish this was a winter drama. Winter fashion is the best fashion imo. Coats, long coats, hats, beanies, boots, leather jackets etc. Hahaha

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 3:58 PM, katakwasabi said:

I wish this was a winter drama. Winter fashion is the best fashion imo. Coats, long coats, hats, beanies, boots, leather jackets etc. Hahaha

I like the spring. If they will start filming soon, they could show people wearing coats too.

I don`t know why they are taking so long to announce the confirmation of the cast. I wish they will start filming soon and be a pre- produced drama. How many episodes this drama will have? It says 20 episodes. If there will be 2 episodes a day, we`ll have to watch just 5 weekends?

Edit.

Now it says that has 24 episodes. :D I am curious how many epiusodes this drmaa will have and if there will be 2 seasons.

• Like 1

In an interview of actor Ha Do-kwon who played a baseball player,  the pitcher Kang Doo-ki, in the SBS drama  Stove League, he mentions briefly that he will appear in drama Penthouse,  He said " I need to lose weight as a voice lesson instructor. I'm looking forward to seeing  in a different form from the characters I've shown so far. "

https://news.joins.com/article/23708643?cloc=rss-news-total_list

Not sure if it is acurate and if it is true. It seams that he will play a supporting role connected with the heroine played by Eugene. She wanted to be a singer but she has problems with the vocal cord. We`ll see.

Another musical actor. in this drama.  Now I expect three of them to make a trio. :lol:

He appeared in the last drama of writer Kim Soon Ok, The Last Empress, as well. I did not know that.

Kim Soon-ok postpones the entire penthouse Broadcaster, Corona Super Emergency

346144_432408_0759.jpg

The nation was in an emergency due to the spread of corona 19 (a new type of coronavirus infection), and the broadcasting industry was hit by a direct hit. Various events are being canceled, and the broadcast industry postpones the script reading, which shows the beginning of the drama. The broadcasting industry is also taking steps to prevent the spread of the corona infection.

SBS's new drama 'Penthouse', which is scheduled to be broadcast this summer, postponed the script reading, which was scheduled for the afternoon of 25, to March. 'Penthouse' is a drama about a woman's distorted desire, motherhood, and real estate success.

The penthouse was scheduled to meet with the main actors and supporting actors and staff for a full script reading on the 25th, but was delayed once in March to prevent the spread of the infection. According to the official, the script reading in March was also decided temporarily, and depending on the situation, there is a possibility to change the date of the script reading again or to omit the entire script reading.

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=346144

I understand the situation.  It means that the actors signs for the drama but there was no official confirmation yet except for Shin Sung rok.

And the official confirmations have started.

Actor Bong Tae-gyu reunites with the drama “Return” Ju Dong-min PD.

2020022513364520077-540x810.jpg

Bong Tae-gyu agency iMe KOREA announced on the 25th that Bong Tae-gyu has confirmed his appearance on the SBS new drama “Penthouse.”

Bong Tae-gyu is the only child in the family and is a lawyer Lee Kyu-jin. The outside is a flawless elite, but knowing it is a character with a crystalline disorder in Mama Boy.

Bong Tae-gyu, in particular, reunites with Ju Dong-min, PD, who had made a bond through the 'return'. As he gained his life character by acting as a villain at that time, he expects the synergy between Bong Tae-kyu and the second meeting of the state PD.

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1922806

• Like 1

Casting news

Actress Yoon Joo-Hee Joins Kim Soon-Ok's New Drama 'Penthouse' ...

202002251621291096_d.jpg

A broadcaster told YTN Star on the 25th that "Yoon Joo-hee will appear in the SBS drama 'Penthouse'."

'Penthouse' depicts a woman's distorted desire, motherhood, and real estate success mystery, who races toward life to enter the highest penthouse, the symbol of Gangnam.

Yoon Joo-hee plays as Go Sang-a, the wife of Bong Tae-gyu.She was once an announcer, and is born again as the "Queen of Housewives". 

Actors Bong Tae-gyu, Shin Sung-rok, Kim So-yeon, Eugene, Lee Ji-ah, and Oh Man-seok have confirmed their appearances.

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_202002251621291096

So, Yoon Joo Hee will play Go SangAh, the wife of Lee Kyu Jin, played by Bong Tae Gyu. He is a succesful lawyer but he is a mama boy. I can see how he became a moma boy. Being the only son of a rich family and suffering from a physical disease,  he was spoiled too much.

Maybe next time they will release the informations for the all female leads. Except for Eugene, we don`t know much about the characters played by Kim So yeon and Lee Ji ah. I am waiting.

• Like 2

Kim Soon-ok's "Penthouse" Puts Off Script Reading Amidst Coronavirus Crisis

2020/02/26 Source

photo1157781.jpg

he showbiz is also in a 'Coronavirus crisis'.

While the COVID-19 has put everyone on high alert, the broadcasting industry has also suffered a hard hit. Various events are being cancelled and even script readings, where actors gather together to mark the start of a drama, are being postponed. These are all in attempt to stop the spreading of the COVID-19.

The new SBS drama "Penthouse", which is due this summer, postponed its script reading to March instead of February 25th. "Penthouse" is a story about a woman's desire, motherhood, and real estate success towards the entrance of high society, written by Kim Soon-ok and directed by Joo Dong-min.

The whole team of "Penthouse", including the main and supporting actors as well as staff members, was scheduled for a gathering on the 25th, but they've postponed the meeting in attempts to stop the COVID-19 spread.

https://www.hancinema.net/kim-soon-ok-s-penthouse-puts-off-script-reading-amidst-coronavirus-crisis-139057.html

[HanCinema's News] "Penthouse" Script Reading Delayed Owing to COVID-19

By William Schwartz on 2020/02/26 at 21:10 PST

The major upcoming summer drama "Penthouse" is now officially behind schedule. The drama production announced that though the first script reading had been planned for February 25th it had to be pushed back to March due to concerns about COVID-19.

The drama is set to reunite director Joo Dong-min and screenwriter Kim Soon-ok of "The Last Empress".

"Penthouse" is not the only drama production to have been affected by COVID-19. "Kingdom - Season 2", which is set to release on March 13th worldwide on Netflix, had to change its March 5th press conference from taking place in person to taking place online. Actor Jung Hae-in also had to push back a fan meeting planned on his birthday to April 4th.

Written by William Schwartz

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-penthouse-script-reading-delayed-owing-to-covid-19-139082.html

• Like 1

I wonder if Ha Seok Jin will chose SBS drama Penthouse as his next work or MBC drama When I Was The Most Beautiful. Today we found out that he has received the offer to play in MBC drama as well. I don`t think he can chose both roles because both dramas are airing in August (they will film in the same period). Or maybe he can do both dramas at once since Penthouse has so many lead characters and their screen time are reduced. :D We`ll see.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386475wpp/ha-seok-jin-in-talks-along-with-im-soo-hyang-and-yoon-kyung-sang-for-new-drama

Update

I read that he accepted the role but so far it is a speculation (I think). (1) If Ha Seok Jin will not appear in SBS drama, I am curious who will play Logan Lee, the goog guy of this drama.

I want to know the whole cast and I hope I know something about Kim So yeon, Lee Ji ah and Oh Man seok`s characters. Come on!

Shin Sung Rok Announces Decision To Step Down From New Drama By “The Last Empress” Creators

Mar 6, 2020
by E. Cha
47084b9e2353409b98a5f3a8eb985986.jpeg?s=

Shin Sung Rok has announced that he will be leaving the cast of the upcoming SBS drama “Penthouse” (literal title).

Last month, Shin Sung Rok’s agency HB Entertainment confirmed that he had decided to star in “Penthouse” as the male lead. The drama would have marked his reunion with writer Kim Soon Ok and producing director (PD) Joo Dong Min, who worked with him on the hit SBS drama “The Last Empress.”

However, on March 6, HB Entertainment announced, “Due to scheduling conflicts, [Shin Sung Rok] will not be able to join the drama.”

SBS similarly confirmed, “Shin Sung Rok will be stepping down from ‘Penthouse.’ He was unable to appear due to scheduling conflicts.”

“Penthouse” will tell the story of a woman who puts everything on the line to achieve her goal of being able to move into a luxury penthouse in the Gangnam District. In the process, she gradually finds herself turning into a monster. S.E.S.’s Eugene, Lee Ji Ah, Kim So Yeon, Bong Tae Gyu, Shin Eun Kyung, and Oh Man Seok are currently in talks to appear in the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386866wpp/shin-sung-rok-announces-decision-to-step-down-from-new-drama-by-the-last-empress-creators

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Latest news: Shin Sung Rok has withdrew from Penthouse due to scheduling conflicts.

No wonder he is stepping down. Who knows what other projects he has beside the variety show. It will be the drama `s loss.  The article says that the other actors are currently in talks also. It is a new situation. The filming will delay due to coronavirus. October airing? Let see if everyone else will sign. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1