[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Falling Into Your Smile 你微笑时很美

sugarplum892

23 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Humanity has not invented anything original in the past 2000 years so everything , even my words are form of copy . I personally enjoyed this cute drama that dealt with 'old subjects' in a new way , or more co creative way , and I really liked that:star:.  The last 3 eps should be subbed in the next few days so by the time you go through 28 you will have the other 3 . Enjoy. 

i do agree! and yes on "old subjects" in a new way~ btw, i have started the first episode and it's nice so far! i'm just hoping to be able to make it through the episodes without skipping or  giving up halfway though lol

• Like 1

I just finished this series.  First time seeing a series with Xu Cai in it.  He's definitely eye candy. 

This is a cute drama if you're looking a stress free/no thinking drama.  Initially, I thought the girl he had the blind date was going to stir up issues after The ML and FL got together.  I love how he assured her that no matter what issues to run into, he would not break up with her.  His character was quite horny, always looking to get "rewarded" lol.  I find that there were more kissing scenes than usual compared to other shows I've watched.

• LOL 1

On 8/1/2021 at 11:31 PM, NYXbaby said:

I just finished this series.  First time seeing a series with Xu Cai in it.  He's definitely eye candy. 

This is a cute drama if you're looking a stress free/no thinking drama.  Initially, I thought the girl he had the blind date was going to stir up issues after The ML and FL got together.  I love how he assured her that no matter what issues to run into, he would not break up with her.  His character was quite horny, always looking to get "rewarded" lol.  I find that there were more kissing scenes than usual compared to other shows I've watched.

Yes, the male lead here is not shy about how much he desires the female lead. You should read the book, he's not shy there either. Hehehehe!!

• LOL 2

On 8/4/2021 at 9:24 PM, ElleSor said:

Yes, the male lead here is not shy about how much he desires the female lead. You should read the book, he's not shy there either. Hehehehe!!

Do you know the name of the book (does it have the same name as the drama) or do you have a link for it?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, whome said:

Do you know the name of the book (does it have the same name as the drama) or do you have a link for it?

Thanks.

I read it as a translation with the title "You are Beautiful When You Smile"

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, ElleSor said:

I still rewatch this when I have nothing else to watch.

I love that the drama is short enough to marathon in just a few days.

I agree, I will sometimes rewatch this show, and honestly I usually will rewatch the parts I want to see... LoL I do that with so many dramas that I have on my computer. =3

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tamakins said:

I agree, I will sometimes rewatch this show, and honestly I usually will rewatch the parts I want to see... LoL I do that with so many dramas that I have on my computer. =3

Yeah, a lot of scenes and dramas are worthy of a marathon of , at least, an episode rewatch.

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Falling Into Your Smile 你微笑时很美
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Such a good show. I watch twitch streamers so I think the storyline is refreshing. I still don’t understand why Chinese shows get dubbed thoigh. If the dub matches the lips then aren’t the cast already speaking the correct language? Why dub them? The only shows I believe never got dubbed were love me if you dare and when a snail falls in love.

anyways, my favorite scene so far is when she sees his little brother thinks he’s a ghost and hugs the male lead while he carries her. SO HAWT:4267_LiccGif:

@philosophie If it's costume dramas, they get dubbed because of the different accents that actors inherently have, depending on which region/ city they are from. Costume dramas require more neutral accents. If it's modern dramas, this happens for the same reasons as well, but this genre is a lot more tolerant because it's modern and people in  the contemporary world, do have different accents. So it's more acceptable. At times, I think it gets dubbed only if the actor/actress is from HK, Taiwan (but this depends as some dramas feature them speaking with their own voices, showcasing their very different pronunciations and enunciations), or if the role really requires a different kind of voice that the actor himself/herself cannot project (like in the case of Be My Princess where the ML is supposed to portray two characters and needs to subtly differentiate himself). I think acting is one thing but dubbing in a studio, looking at the character you played, and then producing the voice over requires a certain competence that comes with time, practice and dedication. Doing it on and off, at times doesn't produce the required standard, unless one really has an in-born talent.

• Insightful 1

10 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@philosophie If it's costume dramas, they get dubbed because of the different accents that actors inherently have, depending on which region/ city they are from. Costume dramas require more neutral accents. If it's modern dramas, this happens for the same reasons as well, but this genre is a lot more tolerant because it's modern and people in  the contemporary world, do have different accents. So it's more acceptable. At times, I think it gets dubbed only if the actor/actress is from HK, Taiwan (but this depends as some dramas feature them speaking with their own voices, showcasing their very different pronunciations and enunciations), or if the role really requires a different kind of voice that the actor himself/herself cannot project (like in the case of Be My Princess where the ML is supposed to portray two characters and needs to subtly differentiate himself). I think acting is one thing but dubbing in a studio, looking at the character you played, and then producing the voice over requires a certain competence that comes with time, practice and dedication. Doing it on and off, at times doesn't produce the required standard, unless one really has an in-born talent.

Wow I didn’t know about the accents, thank you that makes sense now. Do you perhaps have any Chinese dramas you could recommend that aren’t dubbed? 

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

Wow I didn’t know about the accents, thank you that makes sense now. Do you perhaps have any Chinese dramas you could recommend that aren’t dubbed? 

if you want to experience a drama where the ML and FL are not dubbed, try Because of Love. It's melo but the acting by the ML is good. Another one is Ms Crow with Mr Lizard, or last year's hugely popular You are My Glory, and even the just recently ended The Oath of Love, with Yang Zi and Xiao Zhan. if you want costume drama, try Ashes of Love; ML, FL and 2nd ML are not dubbed, used their own voices. Generally, it's hard to find a costume drama without dubbing; in fact I heard a recent news about there being a policy in place requiring all costume dramas to be dubbed (i haven't personally checked if this is true) but that gives you an idea of how few costume dramas feature the actor's own voices.

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 3:02 PM, SC2019 said:

if you want to experience a drama where the ML and FL are not dubbed, try Because of Love. It's melo but the acting by the ML is good. Another one is Ms Crow with Mr Lizard, or last year's hugely popular You are My Glory, and even the just recently ended The Oath of Love, with Yang Zi and Xiao Zhan. if you want costume drama, try Ashes of Love; ML, FL and 2nd ML are not dubbed, used their own voices. Generally, it's hard to find a costume drama without dubbing; in fact I heard a recent news about there being a policy in place requiring all costume dramas to be dubbed (i haven't personally checked if this is true) but that gives you an idea of how few costume dramas feature the actor's own voices.

Awww, I love it when the actors use their own voices.

In Ashes of Love, it worked very well. I loved that drama by the way.

I'm glad that most modern dramas aren't dubbed as much as the ancient ones. And I do understand that it has to do with consistency.

I love the male lead. and I still watch this drama every now and then. 

• Like 1